Benefits of Sports to Students – Master of Science in Technical Entrepreneurship and Management at the University of Rochester
For a long time, sports have been viewed as a way to stay healthy and in shape, but their importance goes much further. As a matter of fact, playing sports teaches life lessons like discipline, responsibility, self-confidence, accountability, and teamwork.
Studies have shown that exercise increases blood flow to the brain and helps the body build more connections between nerves, leading to increased concentration, enhanced memory, stimulated creativity, and better-developed problem solving skills. In short, playing sports helps your brain grow and makes it work better.
From a social standpoint, sports are a powerful tool that brings people together and creates a sense of community. They develop connections that bond together people from all walks of life. As an international student at the University of Rochester, playing pick-up basketball at the gym was the fastest and easiest way to make friends.
As an undergraduate student who majored in electrical engineering and electronics, I had very challenging classes and occasionally had to deal with bad homework or midterm grades; my ego took a bad hit whenever that happened. I believe that playing sports taught me how to deal with failure and disappointment in life. I learned that I am not always going to get the results that I want, but no matter what, I have to persevere and not give up. Sports gave me a positive attitude where I see falling as a way to learn how to pick myself up.
In addition to that, exercising is a great way to get out of the stressful college life that is all about homework, presentations, and group projects. In fact, playing sports helps students relax and reduce their anxiety. I personally think that I would go crazy without going to the gym at least three times a week. Health care professionals recommend physical activity as a key ingredient to any stress-management activity.
The reason most students do not play sports is because they feel lazy about it and don’t have the energy for it. However, the belief that the intense exercise of playing sports will leave you exhausted has been proven wrong by research. Because exercise pumps more oxygen through your blood and makes your entire system more active, the benefits of playing sports actually include giving you more energy to accomplish everything else you need to do to manage your busy college schedule.
To sum up, playing college sports has some serious benefits. Besides just being fun, sports can help you perform better in school, relax more and worry less, deal with setbacks, work better with others and increase your energy — all of which helps you balance school and everything else going on in your life.
– Amir Ianis KHELIL ’15 (MS)
Benefits of Sports – MU Health Care
At University of Missouri Health Care, our adolescent medicine team encourages all children to participate in sports or other regular physical activity. Physical exercise is good for the mind, body and spirit. Team sports help teach adolescents accountability, dedication, leadership and other skills.
Many athletes do better academically
Playing a sport requires a lot of time and energy. Some people may think this would distract student-athletes from schoolwork. However, the opposite is true. Sports require memorization, repetition and learning — skillsets that are directly relevant to class work. Also, the determination and goal-setting skills a sport requires can be transferred to the classroom.
Sports teach teamwork and problem-solving skills
Fighting for a common goal with a group of players and coaches teaches you how to build teamwork and effectively communicate to solve problems. This experience is helpful when encountering problems at work or at home.
Physical health benefits of sports
Clearly, sports can help you reach your fitness goals and maintain a healthy weight. However, they also encourage healthy decision-making such as not smoking and not drinking. Sports also have hidden health benefits such as lowering the chance of osteoporosis or breast cancer later in life.
Sports boost self-esteem
Watching your hard work pay off and achieving your goals develops self-confidence. Achieving a sport or fitness goal encourages you to achieve other goals you set. This is a rewarding and exciting learning process.
Reduce pressure and stress with sports
Exercising is a natural way to loosen up and let go of stress. You can also make new friends who can be there for you as a support system. When you feel under pressure or stressed, call up a teammate, head to the gym to talk and play it out.
Developing life skills through sports
Sport isn’t just good for children’s bodies; it’s good for their minds too. Studies have shown that sport has psychological benefits for children and adolescents and teaches them important life skills.
Organised sport has many psychological and social benefits for children – even more than the physical activity during play. Researchers think this is because children benefit from the social side of being in a team, and from the involvement of other children and adults.
Development from sport goes beyond learning new physical skills. Sport helps children develop better ways to cope with the highs and lows of life.
When they’re playing sport, children learn to lose. Being a good loser takes maturity and practice. Losing teaches children to bounce back from disappointment, cope with unpleasant experiences and is an important part of becoming resilient.
Playing sport helps children learn to control their emotions and channel negative feelings in a positive way. It also helps children to develop patience and understand that it can take a lot of practice to improve both their physical skills and what they do in school.
Physical activity has been shown to stimulate chemicals in the brain that make you feel better. So playing sport regularly improves children’s overall emotional wellbeing.
Research shows there’s a link between playing sport and self-esteem in children. The support of the team, a kind word from a coach, or achieving their personal best will all help children to feel better about themselves.
Playing in a team helps children to develop many of the social skills they will need for life. It teaches them to cooperate, to be less selfish, and to listen to other children.
It also gives children a sense of belonging. It helps them make new friends and builds their social circle outside school.
Parents play an important role in sports
To keep your child interested and enjoying sport, make it a positive experience for them. Focus on having fun, having a go and being active, rather than winning or losing.
You can help your child develop a positive sporting attitude by praising the team’s or other children’s efforts, even if they don’t win. Point out to your child how important it is to try and do their best.
Make sure your comments from the sidelines are positive, and don’t criticise children who make mistakes. Never abuse a team, umpire or other player.
Visit the Play by the Rules website for tips on creating a positive sporting environment for your child.
The Play by the Rules website also has a suite of resources to promote awareness of poor sideline behaviour. These resources are part of Let Kids be Kids, a national campaign that addresses poor sideline behaviour in junior sport.
You can also visit the Raising Children Network website to learn more about children and sports in Australia.
Effect of Sports on General Health
Sports have an immense impact on a person’s daily life and health. They do not just give you an interesting routine but also a healthy body. Getting indulged in physical activities like sports improves your heart function, reduces the risks of diabetes, controls blood sugar and lowers tension and stress level. It also brings positive energy, discipline, and other commendable qualities in your life. Playing sports strengthens your body and also improves your muscle memory and muscle coordination. Primary health care doctors recommend taking part in sports on a regular basis. There are countless benefits of sports; some of them are here for you.
The problem of obesity is faced by millions across the globe. Being obese increases the risks of hypertension and heart diseases. One of the best ways to get rid of obesity is by indulging in sports. Physical activity helps you control your weight. Most sports are intense physical activities which burn extra calories quickly and efficiently. Taking part in sports is a great way to burn away all that extra weight and get the ideal body shape.
Playing sports, while managing a proper diet plan, can prove to be far more efficient than anything else. Obesity is caused by the extra fat present in your body. This body fat can be burned by working out. The only problem is that working out feels like a chore and more tiring. On the other hand, sports are much fun. You keep playing even after getting tired because you enjoy it.Lower Hypertension
Hypertension or high blood pressure is a major health risk for people from all sides of the world. Hypertension can cause a stroke or other health diseases. Regular physical activity and exercise help you keep the blood pressure normal. Sports provide you with all the stretching, running and exercise that you need. Thus, taking part in sports can be a great way to tackle high blood pressure. Most health experts and doctors recommend people suffering from hypertension to take regular exercise. Sports are the best form of physical workout that’s both interesting and thrilling. People who take part in sports regularly are found to maintain normal blood pressure as compared to those who do not.Lower cholesterol levels
Playing sports helps you control your cholesterol level. Exercise helps you maintain a lower cholesterol level. According to multiple types of researches, it was proved that people with high physical activity had lower cholesterol levels as compared to those who maintain a sedentary lifestyle. Physical activity is very important for maintaining a low cholesterol level. Top athletes like Cristiano Ronaldo and others are found to have astonishingly low cholesterol levels even after thirty years of age.Better blood circulation
Blood circulation begins to improve as you play sports. By running or taking part in other physical activities the body remains well-oxygenated. Thus, you stay more healthy and active. Being active might also increase hemoglobin count and blood volume. When you play, your heart starts to pump faster and extra load is put on your heart muscles. This extra load strengthens your heart muscles which improve the overall flow of blood. Regular aerobic exercise increases the capillary density of working muscles in a healthy way. Aerobics also increase the mitochondrial count in the fibers of working muscles. Your heart starts to function better, resulting in better heart pumping rate. The overall result is that you can exercise harder under less stress.Stronger immunity
Yes! You read it right. Regular exercise also strengthens your immune system. Your body becomes immune to many diseases. Exercise increases the rate of flow of white blood cells significantly. As you sweat while playing sports, toxins are removed from your body. The rise in body temperature also lowers the chances of bacterial growth.Muscle training.
Sports are the best way to have a proper muscle workout. It is fun to play and does not feel like a chore. At the same time, they give you strong and toned muscles. This is only possible if you continue to play active sports like soccer, football, tennis, and baseball regularly. By engaging in sports you tone your muscles and train them for working together. It is known as neuromuscular programming. As you play your muscles become stronger and stronger. By playing sports you gain lean muscle mass and burn fat at the same time. If you want a perfectly lean body with shredded six-packs and muscles, this field might prove to be more helpful than the gym. For gaining such muscles you must prefer sports that involve the movement of most of your muscle groups. The physique of top athletes is an inspiration for all of us.Stronger bones
Taking part in sports not only strengthens your muscles but also your bones. During sports you put stress on your bones with high power and strength movements; this, in turn, increases your bone density which results in stronger bones. For example, unlike normal walking, running while playing puts extra load or stress on your bones. In order to withstand this increased loaded stress the bones adapt and become denser. If you continue to take part in sports, your bones keep becoming stronger and denser due to the continuous stress. As we grow old our bone density keeps on decreasing. Indulging in sports might be the easiest way to maintaining a good bone density and remaining strong with advancing age.Stronger mind
Sports bring a positive attitude in your life. They make your mind sharper and stronger. Sports are fun to play and they refresh your mind. Being good at sports makes you feel good, accomplished and boosts your self-esteem. Playing team sports also boost your strategy-making ability. By sports you learn to make decisions quickly and instinctively. This quick decision- making ability is of high use in everyday life. Sports also teach you to stay calm and think with a cool mind. They teach you to make decisions in high-stress situations without panicking or getting hyper.
The Social and Academic Benefits of Team Sports
This might have to do with the increased cognitive ability that comes from playing sports. Physical activity naturally increases blood flow to the brain and activates endorphins, chemicals that are released when you exercise. Endorphins can impact your mood and work performance, meaning athletes may be more willing and capable of tackling that next big problem.
Team sports can also help with emotional development. Research published by the Canadian Fitness and Lifestyle Research Institute states that exercise can lead to a unique state of short-term relaxation. That relaxation can promote increased concentration, better memory, enhanced creativity, more effective problem solving, and an improved mood — all benefits that will extend into the classroom.
Team athletes are constantly working with a slate of other people, many of whom can become positive role models along the way. Team sports foster mentorship between older players and younger players, coaches and athletes, and more. Coaches in particular can play an important role in a young athlete’s life. Players who have positive sports mentors when they’re young are also more likely to seek effective role models throughout their life.
Soft skills are personal attributes that allow people to build positive social relationships. Team sports are an excellent source of soft skills development, as they allow athletes to grow within a supportive environment. Here are just a few of the soft skills fostered through team sports:
While it might not be as obvious as sitting down and discussing a group project, team sports take a lot of communication — both spoken and unspoken. Communication skills are key in maintaining a functioning sports team, whether it’s listening to locker room pep talk, picking up on nonverbal cues given by other players, or expressing a thought during a post-game debrief.
As Jill Prudden said in her book “Coaching Girl’s Basketball Successfully,” players are expected to express their concerns, hopes, and disappointments to their coaches and their teammates. She also encourages her players to seek feedback from coaches as well as their classroom teachers, as a result fostering communications skills that will help them succeed in their academic endeavors.
Sports plays happen fast, and athletes develop the skills needed to make effective snap decisions. Whether it’s a basketball player deciding to shoot or a soccer player realizing his best move is to pass to a teammate for the assist, athletes learn critical decision-making skills that will benefit them both during and after game time.
Any athlete who has played in a championship game knows the meaning of pressure. Sports create an environment where athletes learn to conquer their natural “fight or flight” instinct to make consistent and difficult decisions under high pressure situations. This ability to function under pressure translates to person who is better at making deadlines and working in stressful situations in the future.
This is an obvious one. Teamwork is all about collaborating with others to reach a common goal. The diverse pairing of personalities and scenarios will help your athlete become adaptable, persistent, and patient. Team sports also teach a sense of group and individual responsibility.
Being on a team with a dozen or more of your peers is an excellent way to recognize the individual talents each person brings to the table. As the Janssen Sports Leadership Center says, working with teammates teaches athletes important life skills such as to respect one another, act in unselfish ways, make good decisions on behalf of the team, and not cut corners.
The time commitment required by athletes can be comparable to that of a full-time job. Think of all the different commitments an athlete needs to juggle: competitions, strength and conditioning, team meetings, sports physiotherapy — and these are just the sports-related obligations!
Necessity demands that athletes learn valuable time management skills, otherwise they would never be able to keep up with academics and sport. Effective time management planning is part of why a recent article published by Fast Company argues employers should consider hiring a former student athlete.
Team athletes know that every second counts, and this value of time will translate to their everyday life. As Shannon Miller, a member of the 1992 and 1996 United States Olympic women’s gymnastics team told Forbes, she kept a schedule that was almost minute by minute when she was an athlete. This careful planning and precision helps athletes focus on reaching their goals sooner than non-athletes.
Build Self-Esteem and a Sense of Community
Team sports are said to bolster the five C’s: competence, confidence, connections, character, and caring. At the heart of this is self-esteem – an increased sense of self as a result of better social interactions, stronger relationships, and higher academic performance.
Team sports provide athletes with a natural community. A report from True Sport says that youth who play sports have higher levels of social support, and that the sense of community created with teammates, coaches, and family members incubates the perfect setting for critical self-esteem development.
In the end, the opportunity to participate in team sports provides athletes with valuable skills that will take them beyond the field, pitch, and court.
6 Reasons Why Team Sports Are Good for Your Health
It feels good to be part of a team. Now, researchers have found that it’s also a boost to your overall health and well-being.
Team sports not only help you get in shape and stay that way, but also are a great way to connect with people from different backgrounds and become part of a larger community. Now, several studies have revealed other holistic benefits of participating in team sports.
Team sports reduce obesity and increase overall health.
With obesity at an all-time high, it is essential to participate in physical activities, especially if you spend most of your day sitting at a desk. You should get at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity exercise each week, which helps avoid such chronic diseases as diabetes, arthritis and heart disease, according to The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. But with work (and life) getting in the way, that’s easier said than done. Joining a local kickball, dodgeball or basketball league can help you commit to meeting those guidelines, week after week.
Athletes who train with a team are healthier.
Not only does being part of a team give you access to health professionals, but also provides a built-in support system that can rally around you when you are pursuing specific health goals. It seems that teamwork is a good tool for improving an athlete’s overall health.
Being part of a team enhances self-image.
If you feel good about how you look, it may help you feel good about who you are. Athletes who participate in club sports exhibit improved self-esteem. They also report fewer depressive symptoms, in part because of the positive social interactions that team sports create.
Competition improves endurance.
Routine physical activity is key in building endurance. In turn, endurance builds cardiac strength. Additionally, exercise builds bone density and increases muscle mass — all of which contribute to optimal health.
Team sports increase long-term happiness.
Athletes who play team sports are healthier — and more satisfied with life. One study found that physical activity (specifically playing sports) had a significant influence on the life satisfaction of participants. Part of this may be that being a part of a team gives athletes a sense of belonging. The social interaction produces strong feelings of self-identity, which increase happiness.
Team sports make you smarter.
Athletes often have higher GPAs than non-athletes, and one study found that 97 percent of team athletes graduated from high school — which is 10 percent more than students who did not participate in team sports.
Another study in the journal Nature found a clear distinction between athletic performance and the ability to track multiple objects at the same time. The same skills you need to play a team sport are the same kind needed to drive a car or monitor complex dynamic activities.
“Team sports are a fun way to get in your exercise for cardiovascular health because you get to do it in a group as opposed to doing it alone, plus it’s a great stress reliever, which helps lower your risk for heart disease,” said Helga Van Herle, MD, associate professor of clinical medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of USC and a cardiologist at Keck Medicine of USC.
By Heidi Tyline King
Interested in a more active lifestyle? Consult with the specialists at the USC Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Keck Medicine of USC. To learn more, visit ortho.keckmedicine.org. To schedule an appointment, call (800) USC-CARE (800-872-2273) or visit https://ortho.keckmedicine.org/patient-information/request-an-appointment/.
15 Health Benefits of Sports
It’s no secret that physical activity is good for you, but do you know about all the ways that exercise can improve your health? Check it out:
- Improved cardiovascular health. The heart is a muscle, it needs to be worked out! Regular exercise can help improve the overall health of your entire cardiovascular system.
- Lowers risk of heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. A healthier heart means reduced risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and diabetes.
- Helps manage weight. Not only does physical activity burn calories, it also improves your metabolism in the long run.
- Reduced blood pressure. Physical activity keeps your heart and blood vessels healthy, helping to prevent hypertension.
- Enhanced aerobic fitness. Participating in aerobic activities — such as running, cycling, or swimming — can improve your body’s ability to transport and utilize oxygen in the lungs and blood.
- Improved muscular strength and endurance. Resistance exercises challenge your muscular system, resulting in bigger, stronger muscles.
- Improved joint flexibility and range of motion. Improved flexibility reduces risk of injury.
- Stress relief. Exercise is a great mood-booster and has proven to be an effective method of stress relief.
- Lowers risk of certain types of cancer. People who exercise regularly are less likely to develop breast, colon, and lung cancer.
- Control cholesterol. Exercise decreases LDL (bad cholesterol) levels and increases HDL (good cholesterol) levels.
- Ward off osteoporosis. Building dense, strong bones is another benefit of physical activity.
- Strengthens immune system. Exercising more = getting sick less.
- Improved sleep. We know just how important sleep is, and exercising can help you capitalize on these benefits.
- Mental health benefits. Exercise is good for your mental health too, as it can battle feelings of anxiety and depression, sharpen your focus, and improve self esteem.
- Prolonged life. When you add all of these benefits together, what do you get? A longer, healthier, more enjoyable life!
Looking for more ways that physical activity can improve your overall health? Check out this article from BuiltLean.com.
Get up and get moving at Insports Centers, Connecticut’s largest indoor sports facility. We host year-round leagues, tournaments, camps, and open play which are perfect for athletes of all sports, ages, and skill levels. Call us at (203) 268-1214, or join the thousands of others who have connected with us on Facebook.90,000 How sports help in other areas of life
Sport makes us healthier, slimmer and more attractive – this is a fact. But this is not the end of its beneficial effect on our lives.How does regular exercise make life better in other areas? Read on WANT!
In fact, even the very desire to go in for sports is already the first step towards a better life. It is a determination and a drive to move forward that will work in other areas as well. In addition, the discipline and good habits you develop through training will be reflected in your accomplishments, in your work, and even in your personal relationships.
READ ALSO – What prevents us from playing sports
We will tell you what else sports gives us!
Health and wellness
Obviously, sport helps to maintain health and wellness. When a person has no pain, a sea of energy, a strong body – he can do anything. There is a motivation to redo a thousand things, to go forward, to meet people, to make friendships and relationships. Do you remember your condition during your illness? I just want to sleep and eat.That is why sport is the key to a fulfilling life in all areas.
For those who always do not have enough time, we will tell you a big secret. The best way to extend your day is to get up early and do your workout. Firstly, exercise will invigorate the body, you will not feel sleepy and tired, which means you will start the day in good shape. Secondly, if you go in for sports in the morning, then you will have a completely free evening for work, study or entertainment.And it immediately turns out that there is a sufficient number of hours in a day.
Correct power supply
Regular exercise is a great way to build your diet. For those who are not used to eating on time, this is a great way to develop this habit. For example, you are not used to having breakfast, which is very bad for your health. Exercise in the evenings, fatigue after a workout will help you fall asleep quickly, and in the morning you are guaranteed to feel hungry and have a hearty breakfast.
Time to “think”
Among the daily information blockages, we, as a rule, do not have time at all to think about important life issues. Work, TV, Internet, shopping – all this fills not only our time, but also our head. Use exercise as a time for reflection. After all, when the body is working, the brain can relax and rebuild in the right way. Long runs, pool swims, any monotonous exercise are ideal meditation practice.It is especially pleasing that you can combine two important processes at the same time.
Achievement of goals
As you work hard to achieve your fitness goals, it becomes obvious that you can use this practice in other areas as well. After all, if you were able to run 10 km, what prevents you from becoming a senior manager or raising money and going on a trip? The correct answer is nothing. You can do everything, and sports achievements only prove it!
Have you noticed how the slow pace of life leads to laziness and apathy? Conversely, the more different things to do, the faster we all succeed. Regular classes work on the same principle. You force the body to move, tone muscles and thoughts, and immediately additional energy appears. And when there is a lot of energy, everything is perceived much more exciting, even routine work or household chores.
And sport has a positive effect on:
– appearance: the weight is stabilized, a beautiful body relief is formed, aging slows down;
– the work of the body: the metabolism improves, the efficiency of joints and muscles increases, the risk of diseases decreases, the cardiovascular system is toned;
– self-esteem: self-confidence increases, communication skills improve, the body copes better with stress.
Follow our news on social networks: I WANT to Facebook, Vkontakte and Instagram90,000 How sport makes us smarter and why we shouldn’t quarantine it :: Health :: RBC Style
© Elly Fairytale / Pexels
Author Sasha Shinkovich
16 March 2020
We will tell you what role physical activity plays in maintaining health and how to keep fit without leaving your home.
Physical activity is absolutely essential for maintaining health. According to the WHO, it reduces the likelihood of certain types of cancer, stroke, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, depression.Adequate mobility is the key to cardiovascular, respiratory and muscle health. Moreover, sport has a positive effect on an organ that takes on a seemingly indirect participation in it – the brain.
Neurobiologist Wendy Suzuki conducted a kind of experiment on herself in 2015. Once she decided that she needed to change something in her life, and began by taking up sports. After a year and a half of regular training, Suzuki noticed the beneficial effects of the new lifestyle on her scientific activities and began to study this issue closely.
Often people, starting to exercise, set long-term goals: to improve health, adjust weight and body shape (how can you not remember the annual preparation for the beach season). This is achievable, but after the first, second and, let’s be honest, tenth workout, the changes in these areas are unlikely to be significant. What can you get from jogging, yoga or aerobics right now? The first and perhaps most important is pleasure. Exercise is enjoyable by increasing levels of the neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine.The effect is felt immediately. In addition, after training for a couple of hours, reaction and concentration of attention improve, it becomes easier to concentrate on work. By the way, this is a reason to go in for sports, if not in the morning, then at least in the first half of the day, in order to make the most of the period of mental and physical recovery.
But the benefits of exercise don’t evaporate after two hours. The ability to concentrate better, it is easier to switch from one task to another, and less distraction by extraneous noise can also be developed through sports. During vigorous activity, athletes develop a state of calmness and concentration on what is happening (in the English-language literature it is called a quiet eye). This is a short period when a player, before a strike or throw, assesses the situation and calculates further actions. The ability to concentrate like this may matter more than physical fitness: a player with a quiet eye is more effective than someone who uses this technique less often.This condition is useful not only for professional athletes. It will be useful to everyone who is forced to make responsible decisions in a short time.
Work for the future
Exercise leads to an increase in the volume of the hippocampus, a region of the brain in the medial temporal lobe that plays a decisive role in the formation of memory. This area is highly sensitive to age-related changes, and exercise can slow aging and the development of conditions such as dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. We are not talking about a cure, but it is quite possible to reduce the risks. Adequate physical activity in adulthood, when many are already giving up active life, helps to maintain cognitive abilities in old age.
What exercises to do
Physical activity, which the WHO talks about, includes not only sports, but also walks, household chores, in other words, any active movement. Therefore, you can start small: go up and down the stairs, not the elevator, walk at least part of the way to work, walk around the office or home while talking on the phone.That is, it is not necessary to perform sports feats.
The norm of physical activity for people from 18 to 54 years old is 150 minutes per week of moderate-intensity aerobics (brisk walking) or 75 minutes of high-intensity aerobics (jogging, swimming, brisk cycling) per week. Time can be spread over the days of the week, such as taking an energetic half hour walk five times a week. Or even break it down into 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening. It is good to add strength training to these exercises twice a week to work out the main muscles.In any case, the main thing is to start.
Push-ups, squats, lunges, planks do not require equipment, they can be performed even at home. Apps like Nike Training Club have a selection of workouts for small spaces – some sets can be done virtually on the spot.90,000 how sports help build a career and work effectively
People who had an active hobby in high school are more successful in later life and careers.This is the conclusion reached by scientists from Cornell University. Experienced HR managers often ask candidates if they played sports. The employer is more likely to hire someone who responds positively. Such employees work better in a team and show more leadership qualities. We figured out how sports achievements lead to career success. Maxim Lapin, CFO of the Moscow Exchange and a teacher at the Changellenge School >>, as well as Andrey Butenko, project manager at Cognive, told how training helps them to work productively and enjoy life.
Sports help you stay productive at work
No matter how hard you try to maintain a work-life balance, a successful career takes a lot of time and effort. Your body needs resources to keep you from exhausting you. You can replenish them with the help of sports. According to the World Health Organization, physical activity has a positive effect on health and prevents many diseases. But office work reduces movement to a minimum: many employees generally cut workouts to jogging from an office chair to a meeting room.All this leads to the fact that a person gets tired, often gets sick and cannot find the strength to work productively. To avoid negative consequences, you need to move regularly. Sports will replenish your energy reserves and help you cope with overload at work.
“Being a leader with great responsibility and enormous functionality is difficult if you don’t keep yourself in shape. You need to have a lot of strength and constantly replenish them. If you don’t go in for sports, don’t run the top ten, don’t pass for the belt in karate, you have no way to get rid of the accumulated mental fatigue from your head.You wake up and you have no strength to go to work because you are not energized. Sport helps not only to keep oneself in shape, but also to pull any load at work, ”says Maxim Lapin.
Physical activity saves from burnout
Any work puts stress on your body. The good news is that it can be healed in a few easy steps. And physical activity can even prevent the loss of nerve cells, depression and burnout. Kip Matthews, a psychologist and sports expert, claims that after training, the body releases endorphins, the hormone of happiness, the human body relaxes, and emotional stress is noticeably reduced.In addition, in 2019, JAMA Psychiatry magazine published a study that confirmed that exercise helps the body deal with stress and prevents mental illness.
“For me, playing sports is a way to switch the type of load from mental to physical. You won’t think about a work problem if you swim a kilometer. At this moment, everything disappears from your head, and you can start from scratch, ”says Maxim Lapin.
Corporate sports helps to make friends with colleagues
Joint workouts, sports games and competitions help make friends with colleagues and get to know better those with whom you have been communicating at the cooler for a long time. The atmosphere of the workout sets up informal communication, physical activity improves mood, and people see each other from a new perspective. And teamwork unites and strengthens friendships with colleagues. Just don’t try to be a champion.Leave the focus on results for office tasks, and just have fun in training.
In many top companies, sports are embedded in the corporate culture. Bain & Company annually hosts the Bain World Cup, a rugby, volleyball and football competition in which company employees from all over the world participate. There are similar events at McKinsey – they conduct onsite training to help prepare for the competition between European offices. The Moscow branch of the company has a sailing team, and on Saturdays, employees play volleyball.If your company also has corporate sports, then don’t ignore this opportunity. Sign up for workouts and meet colleagues in an informal setting.
“At the previous place of work (Accenture – ed.) We took part in the Moscow races as corporate participants, in our T-shirts, with flags. It was really cool. And in general, well-organized races are an indescribable atmosphere, a feeling of friendship, support from thousands of people like you, emotions and genuine joy at the finish, mixed with pain.In addition to corporate races, there was volleyball, football and yoga for the employees. The current place of work is a startup, there is no corporate sport yet, but I will definitely come up with something here, ”says Andriy Butenko.
Team sports build soft skills
Most companies choose team games for corporate sports. According to the Rusporting company, more than 70% of Russian companies with a staff of 50 or more have at least one sports team. For example, Sberbank holds corporate football championships, and at Qiwi, employees play squash.
This makes sense because team sports develop a drive to help others, the ability to complete tasks, and perseverance. Unlike individual athletes, those who work together are focused on group interests rather than personal interests. They love order, can organize others, and are always in control of themselves. All of this comes in handy if you are going to build a successful career, because team players are valued much more than singles.
“As a child, I did whatever sports I did: football, volleyball, boxing, gym. I have been playing volleyball for seven years, I have the third senior category for winning the city championship. Sport is a discipline. You go to training all the time when your friends are not interested in it. In addition, it is a desire to improve oneself, because if you train, you always see progress in a qualitative and quantitative sense, ”says Andriy Butenko.
Tags90,000 Why is sport so good?
An agile, fast man takes pride in his slender body.
Sitting Sydney for a century is subject to all flaws.
The human body is the most perfect mechanism, and each of us must maintain this mechanism in the best possible condition. This allows us to delay the onset of old age and illness, which, alas, much earlier than we consider possible for ourselves. There is no doubt that a healthy person can get more out of life and give more to other people.
The need for physical and mental health is mainly driven by the artificial environment.The rhythm of life, especially in big cities, is constantly accelerating, and modern technology does not allow us to use our bodies as nature intended. Therefore, many of us live in a state of stress and tension, and doctors prescribe millions of antidepressants, tranquilizers and sleeping pills. Not so long ago, no one knew about these drugs, but now they have come into use, they are used by those people who consider themselves completely healthy and are sure that they do not need sports at all.
Sport is the only means that can enable a person to live a full life.Sports are needed not only to build muscles and maintain body tone. Sport helps to find spiritual health and harmony with yourself and the world around you.
Being slim and strong now is not only useful, but also fashionable, which is why many young people go to the gym. You may notice that some people train not so much for the sake of improving their health, as for the sake of their own beauty. But there is nothing wrong with that either.
Why do you need to play sports? Let’s consider the main reasons why sports are necessary for everyone.
1. Increase of endurance to physical activity. Soon you will realize that it has become much easier to climb the stairs, that there is no shortness of breath when walking fast, and jogging, if necessary, is no longer as difficult as it was quite recently.
2. Exercise of the heart and CVS . Sports is a great way to prevent heart attacks and strokes, hypertension and many other serious diseases.
3. Increased muscle tone. This is an incredibly pleasant feeling of tightness and lightness throughout the body. Muscles are full of energy, physical activity becomes a joy for you. The abdominal wall and leg muscles are tightened, making our figure slim. Increasing muscle tone in the legs is the prevention of varicose veins and a guarantee that your legs will always look great!
4. Burning extra calories. Regular exercise reduces body fat, reduces belly folds, cellulite and excess weight.
5. Beautiful figure. Tightening muscles and losing weight are just what was missing for a perfect figure. Now you can afford to wear more revealing clothes without hesitation!
6. Increased self-esteem. Weight loss, slim figure – a reason to be proud of yourself! If you had complexes about the flaws in your figure – this is a great opportunity to get rid of them! Your willpower, the understanding that you were able to start playing sports, overcame your laziness – perfectly raises self-esteem.
7. Combating stress. This is a great way to discharge and relieve stress. The adrenaline released during stress causes muscle tension, a desire to move, and even aggression. And playing sports allows you to cope with the consequences of stressful situations in a natural way.
8. Improved mood and happiness. During intense physical activity, the hormones of happiness – endorphins are produced. Therefore, playing sports can even cause something like an addiction, when a person wants to train, he does not need to make an effort on himself or force himself.Sport becomes a way of life, improves mood and makes a person able to enjoy life and be happy. A great way to fight depression and blues!
9. Increase of mental activity. Improving blood circulation increases brain activity, makes a person more efficient and helps to find solutions to complex problems.
10. Strengthening the immune system. Those who regularly play sports are less likely to get sick and suffer diseases much more easily.There is a slowdown in aging and a decrease in dystrophic processes in the musculoskeletal system. An increase in blood flow in muscles and joints slows down degenerative age-related processes in them.
11. Strengthening the muscles reduces the stress on the joints, relieves pain and muscle stiffness, reduces the manifestations of osteochondrosis – a very rejuvenated and common problem of modern people.
12. Improved sleep. Tired muscles and the release of hormones require the body to have adequate rest.Now the body itself normalizes and improves the quality of sleep, allowing you to have a good rest and feel great.
Unfortunately, there are those who categorically do not want to exercise. Indeed, why do you need to go in for sports, if you can spend the same time in front of the TV or at the computer? It’s simple. Sport is the key to our health. Exercise is necessary for our body in order to keep it in good working order. For example, exercising in the morning helps us to come to our senses and stretch the muscles, which simply “sour” from a sitting position.Jogging in the morning is a great way to strengthen your health, because in this case, the body is much better at resisting various diseases. It has been scientifically proven that a person is able to think much better while walking than in a sitting position.
Doctors, scientists, medics, fitness trainers, health professionals note that people who begin to exercise regularly protect their health from about 20 physical and mental problems: men who are more active at work, not just sit at an office desk and have low rates of prostate cancer; for the elderly, physical education is beneficial against dementia and mental disorders; walking or biking for half an hour a day is associated with a reduction in cancerous tumors, and an hour of such activity prevents cancer incidence with a 16 percent chance.
Experts recommend that healthy people aged 18 to 65 do 150 minutes a week of moderate aerobic exercise, for example, 30 minutes at a time, briskly walk five days a week.
Physiologists advise older people to concentrate on physical exercises that help maintain balance and flexibility of movements.
Do not find excuses and postpone classes – you need to start playing sports right now!
LLP “Arasan Aktobe”
Sports to help: how physical activity helps to solve business problems
Few entrepreneurs manage to avoid stress, overload, hours of vigil in front of a computer monitor and other unhealthy factors that accompany the difficult work of a company leader.One of the options is to keep yourself in good physical – and moral! – the form is sport. Successful entrepreneur-practitioners talk about how physical activity helps to solve business problems.
“Sport builds character”
Leonid Kasatkin, Founder of Internet Marketing Service
is interested in triathlon
Sport forms such important business competencies as discipline, perseverance and endurance.Sport builds character and promotes positive thinking – without these qualities it is easy to “burn out” on a new project. And these are not some truths from a Soviet poster from a ski base, this is my own conviction.
Triathlon became a discovery for me – an ideal sport for businessmen. The multisport race is similar in pace, complexity and intensity of passion to the challenges that stand in the way of each new project. On August 7, 2016, I completed the Half Ironman ( race, consisting of three stages, held without interruption – a 1.9 km swim, a 90 km highway bike ride and a 21 km half marathon – approx.edition ) in Poland, and the very next day he spoke to the IIDF experts.
When I was preparing for the Ironman, training took more than 10 hours a week, I had to train at 6 in the morning before work, and after 23 in the evening, running through the dark streets with a flashlight. Also every weekend, when there was less work, there were 4-hour bike rides. However, sports do not take up time from the business, but rather help to find solutions to problems at work. I also use the time for training for self-study – I listen to audio lectures or books.Investing time in sports always returns with success and self-confidence.
“Sport develops the skill of achieving goals”
Alexey Irkov, project technical director
is fond of crossfit, karate, airsoft
Sport develops the skill of achieving goals, it helps a lot in business. The more regularly I go in for sports, the easier it becomes both in work and in my personal life.In addition, any load entails the release of the hormone endorphin, which helps to reduce stress and improve mood. So doing it regularly helps me to relax and recharge my energy. During training, you disconnect from worries, switch only to physical activity.
What kind of sport is better to do – everyone decides for himself. In my opinion, if a person has not been involved in any kind of sports, then CrossFit can be a good choice. Besides that, I have been doing karate for six years now.In fact, this is a sport with philosophy, and not about “waving fists”. Karate has its own philosophy of self-development through overcoming oneself and constant improvement.
In addition to solo sports, which teach you how to achieve your goal alone, it is useful to practice team sports. For me, this is airsoft, which I began to practice as a hobby, but then I realized that this is an exceptional team game. I had to learn to work in a team, which I have been doing for the third year already.
“Sport teaches you never to give up”
Alexander Starostin, Marketing Platform Managing Partner
is interested in swimming, kiting, alpine skiing
For an entrepreneur, sports are primarily useful with a big goal: for example, to run a marathon in New York or swim across Gibraltar. The goal immediately dictates the rules of the game to you. There is no doubt about whether it is necessary to get up at 6 in the morning, whether to run if it rains, etc.Over time, there will be no choice in business either – you need to achieve your goal, even if no one believes in you, at any cost, at any time of the day, often not in one year.
The most important thing sport teaches me is never to give up. Often, at long distances in swimming, I cursed everything in the world, but I knew only one thing for sure – I had to hold on at any cost for another 100, 200, 300 meters, and a second wind would definitely open up. It’s the same in business: the fight didn’t end until you gave up.
I still remember my first ski instructor, an Austrian.Then I did not know how to ride at all and was the first time in the mountains. Standing on the slope in front of the fork, he said: “There are no green slopes on this slope, neither are blue ones. There are red and black – where do you think we will go? ” All, of course, hesitantly said that they were on the red, but he, without a moment’s hesitation, led everyone on the black. Three hours of obscenity and fear followed, which I have never experienced in my life – on these slopes the Austrian Olympic alpine skiing team trains. At the fourth hour, the coach offered to do a little work on the technique.Not much, because everyone has already learned the most important lessons of slope survival. In business, everything happens in much the same way – you immediately need to be able to stay on your feet, no matter how difficult the surrounding conditions are.
“Sport gives tone and concentration”
Evgeny Kulikov, co-founder of the service
enjoys badminton, mini-football, cycling
Sport and life are two inseparable things.If you stop playing sports, you don’t want to do anything. You lose your tone, you cannot concentrate, you are overcome by laziness, you are distracted by back pain.
To start exercising, I recommend reading the book The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg and starting to exercise in the morning. You can start getting to work not by car, but on foot or by bike, so that this time does not sit in the car, because it is pointless.
In my opinion, the most beneficial sports for an entrepreneur are those that put a strain on the lumbar region.The most useful type is swimming, but this requires certain conditions. I myself am engaged in badminton, mini-football and cycling. I like to get to work by bike, jogging in the park in the morning. Badminton is a very intellectual and non-traumatic sport, it has many techniques and techniques, it is available for any age. You can start playing at 50 and beat 20-year-olds just by perfecting your technique.
“Sport gives excitement”
Sergey Kryuchkov, co-founder of the food delivery service
is fond of basketball, strength training in the gym
I have been going to the gym since the age of 16 until the creation of Chibbis.ru studied there for 8 years without a break. Then, due to starting a business for two years, training dropped out of my life, and as a result, the body reminded me that it lacked exercise. He returned to the gym, threw off 6 kg, began to set himself versatile ambitious goals – to gain 10 kg of muscle mass in three months or burn 7 kg in the summer. Gradually, sports passion returned to me, and along the way it spreads to business.
The most important question is how to combine hard work and sports. By the evening it seems that you are tired, but mostly the head is tired, not the body.And when you accept this fact, you easily go to the gym, and there the body gives out all the energy that has accumulated during the day.
So at 6-7 pm, when you are tired of sales, negotiations with investors and looking for growth points, you drink a pre-workout drink, and by the time you get to the gym, you are already torn apart, there is 15-20 minutes of running to warm up and start all the processes , and after that you already intensively pull the iron so as not to cool down until the “battery” runs out. As a result, by 10 pm, taking into account the shower and dinner, you are already a dead body.And in the morning I am full of energy again.
“Sport helps you set challenging goals and achieve them”
Dmitry Bogdanchikov, co-founder of the project Eczo.Bike, is into triathlon
Active sports will be useful for startups, because most startups are the IT industry, where you have to sit in a chair at a computer for a long time. I did bodybuilding, tried to gain muscle mass, but I lacked dynamics and movement.So I decided to focus on triathlon: swimming that develops the whole body, cycling and running.
Sport makes it possible to set challenging goals and achieve them. The second thing that any sport teaches is discipline and responsibility. When you have a tight enough work and training schedule, you must be disciplined and forced to develop your time management and planning skills. In addition, you learn to delegate authority. If you know that this week you have six workouts, then you should plan the processes in the company in advance and distribute them.
Another quality that sports teaches is the ability to endure hardships and hardships. To ride 90 km on a bike and then run 20 km, you need to have very strong patience, inner strength and endurance. The same is in business – when you have a goal, sometimes it is very difficult and something does not work out, but you have to clench your teeth and try to complete the task.
And finally, if you play sports, you naturally strive to lead a healthy lifestyle, and as a result you can put more energy into your business.
10 universal rules for business and sports.
How to motivate employees in a small company.
Some useful ideas for non-financial motivation.
Ogareva Elena Aleksandrovna was born on July 23, 1975 in Novoshakhtinsk, Rostov region.In 1999 she graduated from the South-Russian State Polytechnic University (NPI) with a degree in hydrogeological engineering with a specialization in geoecology.
Elena Aleksandrovna began her career as a secretary-assistant of Rostovtransflot LLC in February 2001. From August 2002 to August 2010, she worked as an environmental engineer at the Azov-Don State Basin Administration of Waterways and Shipping (now the Administration of the Azov-Don Basin of Inland Waterways).In August 2010 she was transferred to the position of a leading specialist in the environmental protection sector of the Rostov branch of FSUE “Rosmorport”. Since April 2014 he has been the chief specialist of the environmental protection sector of the FSUE “Rosmorport” Azov Basin Branch.
Her responsibilities include overseeing compliance with the current environmental legislation, instructions, standards and regulations for environmental protection in the enterprise’s divisions, carrying out activities that help reduce the harmful effects of production factors on the life and health of employees.
Has a commendation and diplomas from the director of the FSUE “Rosmorport” Azov Basin Branch. In 2015, by the order of the FSUE “Rosmorport” General Director, she was listed on the honor roll for the achieved labor successes, high professionalism, great personal contribution to the development of FSUE “Rosmorport”.
Takes an active part in public life, cultural and sports events. In June 2016, she was elected a member of the trade union committee of the Primary trade union organization of the Azov Basin Branch of FSUE “Rosmorport” of the Volga-Don Interregional Trade Union Organization of the Trade Union of Water Transport Workers of the Russian Federation.In 2017, she was awarded a Certificate of Honor for active work in the trade union and in connection with the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Trade Union of Water Transport Workers of the Russian Federation.
Stanislav and Alexander Ogarevs (sons) – actively participate in all cultural events organized by FSUE “Rosmorport”, have certificates, gratitude and incentive gifts from the trade union committee and director of the FSUE “Rosmorport” Azov Basin Branch for annual participation in competitions.
The eldest son Stanislav continues the affairs of the dynasty of rivermen and sailors, is a second year student at the Institute of Water Transport named after G.Ya. Sedov – branch of FSBEI HE “State Medical University named after adm. F.F. Ushakov “in Rostov-on-Don.
The Ogarev dynasty began its labor activity during the years of the Great Patriotic War.
Ogarev Mikhail Alexandrovich (husband)
Was born on January 2, 1975 in Rostov-on-Don. In 1997 he graduated from the North Caucasus Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation (g.Rostov-on-Don), specialty manager – economist of state and municipal administration. From 2000 to 2004 he studied at the Academy of National Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation.
In the period from 1996 to 1999 he worked as an engineer-dispatcher of the FBU “Azov-Don GBUVPiS” (now FBU “Administration of the Azov-Don Basin of Inland Waterways”).
From 1999 to 2002, he headed the company Rostovtransflot LLC. From 2002 to 2007, he held the positions of chief specialist of the department of external relations and investments, and then the head of the communications and radio navigation service of the FBU “Azov-Donskoye GBUVPiS”.Took part in the preparation of presentations of the projects “Construction of the second line of the lock of the Kochetovsky hydroelectric complex on the Don River” (2003), “Creation of a modern communication system within the Azov-Don basin” (2005), “Project development, construction, launch and adjustment GLONASS stations within the Azov-Don basin “(2006).
Has the badge “Excellent worker of the river fleet” and gratitude of the management.
Ogarev Vasily Ivanovich (husband’s grandfather)
Vasily Ivanovich Ogarev, well-known in the Lower Don, was born on October 12, 1926 in a large peasant family in the Volga region of the Saratov province.Vasily Ivanovich’s early childhood fell on the difficult post-revolutionary years and the years of the civil war in Russia. During the famine of the early 30s, which broke out in the Volga region, he lost his parents and older brothers and sisters. At the age of six he was assigned to one of the orphanages in Baku, Azerbaijan.
At the end of the seven-year period, dreaming of becoming a seaman, he entered the Baku School of Maritime Apprenticeship, which trained rank-and-file personnel for work on the ships of the Caspian Shipping Company.
During the Great Patriotic War, the young sailor Ogarev was sent to the Caspian tanker fleet, delivering fuel and supplies for the front from Baku, Krasnovodsk, Iranian ports, to Astrakhan.
At the end of the Second World War, during the years of the post-war reconstruction of the country, V.I. Ogarev continued to work on the ships of the Caspian Shipping Company and the oil production organization “Kaspnefteflot” as an assistant captain and captain.
In 1961 V.I. Ogarev with his wife and 2 children moved from Baku to the Don, where navigation on inland waterways was actively developing, the construction of new ports on the Lower Don began, incl.h. Ust-Donetsk, Volgodonsk, etc.
In the Volga-Don Shipping Company V.I. Ogarev continued his career as a captain of the OS-1 motor ship, where he worked until his retirement in 1986. The crew of his vessel systematically fulfilled the planned tasks, worked trouble-free, smoothly and accurately.
Workmates, management of the Ust-Donetsk port, subordinates of V.I. Ogarev spoke equally warmly about his human and professional qualities, and treated him with respect.He took an active part in the social life of the port staff, for a long time he headed the Council of Captains. Possessing good qualities of a teacher, he trained a whole galaxy of highly qualified navigators – commanders of the transport and auxiliary fleet.
The conscientious and selfless work of V.I. Ogareva was awarded high state awards: medals “For Valiant Labor”; “For Labor Distinction”; “Veteran of labour”; “300 years of the Russian Fleet” and other awards and signs.
V.I. passed away. Ogarev in 2003, at the age of 76, leaving a bright memory of himself in the hearts of people and good deeds as a legacy to the living. His son and grandson continued the labor dynasty.
Ogarev Alexander Vasilievich (husband’s father), was born on January 31, 1950 in Baku, Azerbaijan SSR. In 1969 he graduated from the Rostov River School with a degree in Navigation on VVP, in 1977 – from the Gorky Institute of Water Transport Engineers with a degree in Operation of Water Transport, in 1995 – from the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Russian Federation.Candidate of Political Science.
1969-1972 served in the ranks of the Navy. After service, in 1972, he married Tatiana Shamrai. In January 1975, their son Mikhail was born.
Labor activity A.V. Ogarev started in 1972 as a motorman-helmsman of the Ust-Donetsk port. From 1972 to 1990 he worked in the Volga-Don River Shipping Company as an engineer-dispatcher, deputy head of the port service, head of the passenger transportation department.On his initiative, in 1980, ships of the “Kometa” type organized the passenger high-speed line Rostov-Kerch, which is actively demanded by the population of the Don, Azov and Crimea.
From 1990 to 1992 – Deputy Chairman of the City Executive Committee of Rostov-on-Don. From 1992 to 1993 – deputy head, from 1993 to 1996. – First Deputy Head of Administration of Rostov-on-Don.
With his direct participation, the FBU “Azov-Don GBUVPiS” (now FBU “Administration of the Azov-Don Basin of Inland Waterways”) was organized, which he headed from 1996 to 2008.
In 1996 A.V. Ogarev took an active part in organizing the year-round operation of the Rostov and Azov river ports. In 1998, he took part in the preparation of an order of the Government of Russia on the opening of the Rostov river port for international freight traffic and the establishment of a checkpoint across the State border of the Russian Federation in it.
He devoted a lot of effort and energy to ensuring effective state regulation and state supervision, solving social issues in the Azov-Don basin.
With his active participation in 2004, the construction of the second line of the lock of the Kochetovsky g / y on the river was started. Don. In July 2008, the new lock was put into operation, which significantly increased the capacity of the waterway in the Lower Don.
In March 2008 A.V. Ogarev was elected a deputy of the Legislative Assembly of the Rostov Region, in April 2009 he was appointed Head of the Proletarsky District of Rostov-on-Don.
Since 2012 A.V. Ogarev is engaged in social activities. He currently chairs the Board of the Don Water Transport Non-Commercial Partnership.
The work of Alexander Vasilyevich was marked with state and industry awards, incl. The Order of Friendship of Peoples, the Medal of the Order of Merit for the Fatherland II degree, 300 years of the Russian Fleet, the badge “Honorary Transport Worker”, was awarded the Diploma “Person of the Year 2017” in the field of Water Transport by the Government of the Rostov Region.
Ogareva (Shamray) Tatyana Stepanovna (her husband’s mother) was born on November 3, 1949 in the Veselovsky district of the Rostov region. She graduated from the Semikarakorsk secondary school with a gold medal. In 1972 she graduated from the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of Rostov State University with a diploma in applied mathematics.
From January 1994 she worked in the Volga-Don River Shipping Company as a leading engineer in the programming department. Since March 1997, she was a computer programmer at the FBU “Azov-Don GBUVPiS” (now FBU “Administration of the Azov-Don Basin of Inland Waterways”).Comrades and colleagues at work always spoke with respect, characterized her as a hardworking, patient and calm person, capable of providing help at any time. She retired in 2005.
During her career, she was repeatedly noted with gratitude from the management, she has a medal “300 years of the Russian Fleet”, a badge “Excellent worker of the river fleet”, etc.
Shishmarina Lyubov Nikolaevna (mother)
Shishmarina Lyubov Nikolaevna was born in g.Novoshakhtinsk of the Rostov region on January 11, 1955.
In 1985 she graduated from the Shakhty Technological Institute with a degree in accounting and business analysis. In 1999 she graduated from the South Russian Humanitarian Institute with a degree in jurisprudence.
She began her career in 1972 in the city of Ivanovo. From 1975 to 1992, she worked as an economist in the light industry system, from 1992 to 1996, she headed the Property Fund as chairman of the property fund of the City Administration of the city.Novoshakhtinsk, from 2002 to 2005 worked at the Gloria Charitable Foundation as a social affairs manager.
Since January 2006, she was hired as a chief specialist in operational and organizational and economic activities in the service of the captain of the port of Rostov-on-Don at the FBU Azov-Donskoye GBUVPiS.
In 2009, she was transferred to the position of HR inspector in the Rostov branch of FSI AMP Taganrog (now FSBI AMP of the Azov Sea).Currently, he works as a leading specialist for work with personnel at the Federal State Budgetary Institution “Administration of the Sea Ports of the Sea of Azov”.
During the period of her career in the water transport system, she has established herself as a responsible and executive employee who loves her job. She was noted with the Gratitude of the Ministry of Transport of Russia, certificates of honor.
The labor dynasty of the Ogarevs was awarded the diploma of the Chairman of the Volga-Don Interregional Trade Union Organization for long-term work experience in the water transport of the Russian Federation, which is more than 100 years.
In the village of Pyatimorsk, Kalachevsky district of the Volgograd region, on October 15, 2015, an alley was laid in honor of the first meeting of labor dynasties of organizations of the Volga-Don interregional trade union organization, where a tree planted by the labor dynasty of the Ogarev family grows.
Why you need to go in for sports (essay)
It is sad to admit that people want to be healthy in the future not at the expense of their own strength, but at the expense of drugs and biotechnology.But the state of health of people depends on their lifestyle. This is a scientifically recognized fact. A person must master the art of a healthy life, learn to strengthen his health. Many, unfortunately, do not want to admit that playing sports can preserve and maintain not only physical, but also moral health for many years. They don’t understand why they need to play sports. And this is easy to prove.
Firstly, any physical exercise has a health-improving and preventive effect.This must be remembered, because modern people move little, have minimal physical activity. For example, a student spends his whole day in a sitting position (lessons at school, doing homework, time at the computer, TV). As a result of this lifestyle, the muscles atrophy, do not work at full strength.
Secondly, sport improves health, gives a healthy heart, lungs, controls blood pressure and helps to avoid blood clots. Of course, we are talking about classes without unreasonable overload.Remember that physical activity always maintains the tone of the body. For example, having run a couple of kilometers in the morning, you will not feel tired all day, the school day will pass without signs of drowsiness, and your vitality will increase.
Third, playing sports can strengthen a person’s spirit. People become purposeful and responsible, learn to go towards a specific goal, organize themselves and their time correctly. In addition, they correctly assess their strengths and capabilities, set priorities.As a result, their self-esteem rises.
Fourthly, a person involved in sports increases intelligence. And here it is not necessary to be ironic. Thanks to sports, concentration of attention improves, a person is able not only to assimilate a lot of material, but also to skillfully apply it in life. He knows what it means to work hard. Even Leo Tolstoy said that you must definitely shake yourself up physically in order to be morally healthy.
Fifth, sport is a way of self-expression, gaining self-confidence.Not everyone can be excellent students and shine in front of the class with original solutions to problems. Success in sports will help to gain the desired recognition in some cases. Moreover, sports activities produce different chemicals, for example, endorphin (“hormone of joy”) or adrenaline (“stress hormone”), which give a person full feelings of happiness and joy.
Sixth, the way you look is important. And a nice bonus of sports is a beautiful body. If you go in for sports, you will be slim, without excess weight, which “spoils a lot of blood” during school years.
Thus, you need to go in for sports in order to become healthy, agile and strong, to cultivate endurance and endurance in yourself, to learn to overcome difficulties and set new tasks. People love sports because they love life. Go in for sports, and your life will change for the better!
Check out these essays
- Essay on the theme “What the autumn leaves were whispering about” It was a foggy autumn morning.I walked through the forest, lost in thought. I walked slowly, unhurriedly, and the wind fluttered my scarf and leaves hanging from tall branches. They swayed in the wind and seemed to be talking about something peacefully. What were these leaves whispering about? Perhaps they were whispering about the past summer and the hot rays of the sun, without which they have now become so yellow and dry. Perhaps they were trying to call cool streams that could water them and bring them back to life. Perhaps they were whispering about me. But only a whisper […]
- Essay about Baikal (in Russian) Lake Baikal is known all over the world.It is known for being the largest and deepest lake. The water in the lake is drinkable, so it is very valuable. The water in Baikal is not only drinking, but also medicinal. It is rich in minerals and oxygen, so its use has a positive effect on human health. Baikal is located in a deep depression and is surrounded on all sides by mountain ranges. The area near the lake is very beautiful and has a rich flora and fauna. Also, many species of fish live in the lake – almost 50 […]
- Essay on the theme “My homeland is Belarus” I live in a green and beautiful country.It’s called Belarus. Her unusual name speaks of the purity of these places and of the unusual landscapes. They breathe calmness, spaciousness and kindness. And from this I want to do something, enjoy life and admire nature. There are a lot of rivers and lakes in my country. They splash gently in the summer. In the spring, their sonorous murmur is heard. In winter, the mirror-like surface beckons ice skating enthusiasts. In the fall, yellow leaves glide across the water. They talk about an imminent cold snap and impending hibernation. […]
- Essay about mountain ash Autumn beauty in a bright outfit.In summer, rowan is invisible. It merges with other trees. But in the fall, when the trees dress in yellow outfits, she can be seen from afar. The bright red berries attract the attention of people and birds. People admire the tree. Birds feast on his gifts. Even in winter, when the snow is white everywhere, mountain ash pleases with its juicy brushes. Her images can be found on many New Year’s cards. Artists love mountain ash because it makes winter more fun and colorful. Love wood and poets. Her […]
- Why did I choose the profession of a cook? (essay) There are many wonderful professions, and each of them, of course, is necessary for our world.Someone builds buildings, someone extracts resources useful for the country, someone helps people to dress stylishly. Any profession, like any person, is completely different, but they all must certainly eat. That is why such a profession as a cook appeared. At first glance, it may seem that the kitchen is an uncomplicated area. What is difficult about preparing food? But in fact, the art of cooking is one of them […]
- Essay on the theme “I am proud of my homeland” From childhood, my parents told me that our country is the largest and strongest in the world.At school, in the classroom, my teacher and I read a lot of poems dedicated to Russia. And I believe that every Russian must, must be proud of his homeland. Our grandparents are proud. They fought against the fascists so that today we could live in a quiet and peaceful world, so that we, their children and grandchildren, would not be touched by the arrow of war. My Motherland has not lost a single war, and if things were bad – Russia does not care […]
- Essay according to the proverb “My tongue is my friend” Language … How much does one word of five letters mean?With the help of language, a person from early childhood gets the opportunity to learn about the world, convey emotions, communicate their needs, communicate. The language arose in the distant prehistoric period, when there was a need for our ancestors, during joint work, to convey their thoughts, feelings, desires to their relatives. With its help, we can now study any objects, phenomena, the world around us, and over time improve our knowledge. We have […]
- Writing-reasoning on the topic: “Learning is light, and ignorance is darkness” Since childhood, we go to school and study various subjects.Some people think that this is an unnecessary business and only takes away free time that can be spent on computer games and something else. I think differently. There is a Russian proverb: “Learning is light, and ignorance is darkness.” This means that for those who learn a lot of new things and strive for this, a bright road to the future opens up ahead. And those who are lazy and do not study at school will remain all their lives in the darkness of stupidity and ignorance. People who aspire to […]
- Essay about the Internet in Russian Today, the Internet is in almost every home.On the Internet, you can find a lot of very useful information for study or for something else. Many people watch movies on the Internet and play games. Also, on the Internet you can find work or even new friends. The Internet helps to keep in touch with relatives and friends who live far away. Thanks to the Internet, you can contact them any minute. Mom very often prepares delicious dishes that she found on the Internet. Also, the Internet will help those who like to read, but […]
- Composition on the topic “Noun” Our speech consists of many words, thanks to which you can convey any thought.For ease of use, all words are divided into groups (parts of speech). Each of them has its own name. Noun. This is a very important part of the speech. It means: object, phenomenon, substance, property, action and process, name and name. For example, rain is a natural phenomenon, a pen is an object, running is an action, Natalia is a woman’s name, sugar is a substance, and temperature is a property. Many other examples can be cited. Titles […]
- Essay on the topic “What is the world?” What is peace? Living in peace is the most important thing that can be on Earth.No war will make people happy, and even by increasing their own territories, at the cost of war, they do not become morally richer. After all, no war is complete without death. And those families where they lose their sons, husbands and fathers, even if they know that they are heroes, will still never enjoy the victory, having received the loss of a loved one. Only peace can you achieve happiness. The rulers of different countries should communicate with the people only by peaceful negotiations and […]
- Composition “About grandmother” My grandmother’s name is Irina Aleksandrovna.She lives in the Crimea, in the village of Koreiz. Every summer my parents and I go to visit her. I really like living with my grandmother, walking along the narrow streets and green alleys of Miskhor and Koreiz, sunbathing on the beach and swimming in the Black Sea. Now my grandmother is retired, and earlier she worked as a nurse in a sanatorium for children. Sometimes she took me to her job. When grandmother put on a white robe, she became strict and a little stranger. I helped her measure the temperature of the children – to distribute […]
- Writing-reasoning on the topic “Why do we need speech etiquette?” Our whole life is governed by certain sets of rules, the absence of which can provoke anarchy.Just imagine if the rules of the road, the constitution and the criminal code, the rules of conduct in public places are abolished, chaos will begin. The same applies to speech etiquette. Today, many do not attach much importance to the culture of speech, for example, on social networks you can more and more find illiterate young people, on the street – illiterate and rude communicating. I think this is a problem, […]
- Essay on the topic “Why does a person need a language?” For a long time, language has helped people understand each other.A person has repeatedly thought about why he is needed, who invented him and when? And why it differs from the language of animals and other peoples. Unlike the signal cry of animals, with the help of language a person can convey a whole range of emotions, his mood, and information. Depending on the nationality, each person has his own language. We live in Russia, so our native language is Russian. Our parents, friends, as well as great writers speak Russian – […]
- Composition on the theme “WWII 1941-1945” It was a beautiful day – June 22, 1941.People were going about their usual business when the terrible news sounded – the war began. On this day, fascist Germany, which had conquered Europe up to this point, attacked Russia as well. No one doubted that our Motherland would be able to defeat the enemy. Thanks to patriotism and heroism, our people were able to survive this terrible time. In the period from 41 to 45 years of the last century, the country lost millions of people. They fell victims of relentless battles for territory and power. Neither […]
- Discussion essay on the theme “My Russia” Native and the best in the world, my Russia.This summer, my parents and my sister and I went on vacation to the sea in the city of Sochi. There were several other families where we lived. A young couple (they recently got married) came from Tatarstan, said that they met when they worked on the construction of sports facilities for the Universiade. In the room next to us lived a family with four small children from Kuzbass, their dad is a miner, mines coal (he called it “black gold”). Another family came from the Voronezh region, […]
- Essay-reasoning on the topic “What is friendship?” Friendship is a mutual, vivid feeling, in no way inferior to love.Friendship is not only necessary, it is simply necessary to be friends. After all, not a single person in the world can live his whole life alone, a person, both for personal growth and for the spiritual, simply needs communication. Without friendship, we begin to withdraw into ourselves, we suffer from misunderstanding and understatement. For me, a close friend is equated with a brother, sister. Such a relationship is not afraid of any problems, life hardships. Everyone understands the concept in their own way […]
- Writing-reasoning on the theme “My home is my fortress” My home is my fortress.It’s true! It has no thick walls and towers. But my small and friendly family lives in it. My house is a simple apartment with windows. From the fact that my mom is always joking, and dad plays along with her, the walls of our apartment are always filled with light and warmth. I have an older sister. We don’t always get along with her, but I still miss my sister’s laugh. After school, I want to run home up the stairs. I know I’ll open the door and smell Mom and Dad’s shoe cream. I will step over […]
- Poetry of the 60s of the 20th century (composition) Poetic boom of the 60s of the 20th century The sixties of the 20th century is the time of the rise of Russian poetry.Finally a thaw came, many prohibitions were lifted and the authors were able to openly, without fear of reprisals and expulsions, express their opinions. Collections of poetry began to appear so often that, perhaps, such a “publishing boom” in the field of poetry has never happened before or since. “Business cards” of this time – B. Akhmadulina, E. Yevtushenko, R. Rozhdestvensky, N. Rubtsov, and, of course, the rebel bard […]
- Writing-reasoning on the topic “Reading is the best teaching!” Adults like to repeat the words of the Russian poet A.S. Pushkin “Reading is the best skill.” I was taught to read at the age of 4. And I really like to read different books. Especially real ones that are printed on paper. I like to first look at the pictures in the book and imagine what it is about. Then I start reading. The plot of the book captures me completely. You can learn a lot of interesting things from books. There are encyclopedia books. They tell about everything in the world. Of these, the most entertaining about various […]