Dying Lacrosse Heads | Universal Lacrosse Blog
Lacrosse is a game about individuality and I think a lot of that comes out in how a player represents himself in his equipment and his style. If you look good, you play good. So did you ever see those sick heads with all the different colors and patterns on them? Thats a really good dye job. Dying your head does absolutely nothing for the head in terms of performance but if done correctly, it could make your head look sick. A head that stands out from the rest always brings attention to the player using it which is perfect for summer ball or showcases if you’re trying to get a look from colleges. Now there is basically an unlimited amount of possibilities for the colorway of a dye. As pictured below, it can be anything you can think of as long as you know how to properly mask off the areas you don’t want dyed.
So how do you dye a head? Well first put your RIT dye in boiling water. If you want to do a solid color dye or a one color fade just dip the head in the water and let it sit for a few minutes. The dye will change the color of the plastic. In the photo directly below the artist took a slightly different approach to the one color fade and put a little but of marbling and a design on top.
For funky dye jobs like you see below, you will need electrical tape, sticky vinyl, or krylon webbing spray… or really anything thats easy to work with and can mask. To make designs you cut out your mask to your desired shape and stick it on the head where u want it to be white. Whats uncovered will turn the color of the dye. As you see in the picture below the dyer used a bunch of a tape strips and star shapes to make the american flagged head. Because he was working with 2 colors in the head, he had to dye the lighter color first.
Dying a head is an extremely difficult process and if you are not confident in doing it, I would get an old head and do some practice runs. Dying voids a heads warranty so you better make sure you really like the dye you are gunna hook up for yourself. Start out with simple solid color fades with one or two colors, then maybe move on to some marbling dyes which ECD has a video of on their channel. After that you should be ready to cut your own shapes and make pretty cool designs yourself. If you need some creative reference there a ton of instagram accounts that have great work on them.
East Coast Dyes: Lacrosse Head Dying Tutorials
Everything you need to know about dying your lacrosse head!
More after the Jump!
Dying your head can be a great way to take your customization to the next level. Dyes range from very simple to very complicated. It is possible to dye fades, logos, letters, and almost anything you can think of. A head can only be dye darker. So if its red already only black and possibly navy will be able to go over it.
- Dying a head voids the factory warranty.
- It involves boiling water so you should ask your parents first if you are young.
- A plastic container to dye in
- RIT fabric dye
- Boiling Water
- Something to stir with (metal spoon, ect.)
Solid Color Dye
Volt Color Dye
Cutting Dye Decals
Uses Electrical Tape
Cutting Text Decals
Marble Rasta Dye
Once you have all the glue that you want on the lacrosse head, start by filling up the pot of water and bringing it to a boil. Carefully dump the Rit Dye in the pit. Be very careful when working either dye because it stains and will change the color of any towels you may be using. There will need to be an adult present to help with with this project.
Use the head to start gently stirring the pot to mix the dye up with the water. Let the lacrosse head drop into the pot of water and check on it after a few minutes. Depending on the color you want the head to turn, you might need to leave it in there a few minutes or over an hour. We actually started it before my sons hockey game, went to his game and came back and then took it out and rinsed it off.
You will want to make sure you have towels around when you take it out so you don’t drip all over the counter. Use cold water to rinse off the lacrosse head until it runs clear and no more dye is on the head.
Once this part is done you can start peeling all the glue off the head and see the awesome creation you made. Make sure and peel all of the glue off so it won’t mess it up later.
TADA!!! It’s done!! You can now restring the head and use it!! My son decided to put red mesh back into the stick instead of the black that came with it.
Brewing a hot look for Halloween? Here is how you should go for it
Halloween is only a month away! And like other years you must have started sorting the trick to look scariest! Key of this spooky festival, which all of us are pretty aware of, is being intricated with proper costumes and make up. And in this regard if you can’t wait to do something bizarre with both your halloween costumes and personification of ‘a spooky character’, this article is absolutely perfect to revitalize your grey cells. From a Victorian vampire costume to xenomorphic face and body gaiter, you can amus ample references along with draping styles. So, hold your breath for a while and check out the list of coolest yet hair-raising Halloween costumes to absolutely try for 2021 Halloween. Also, get SPIRIT HALLOWEEN DEAL: SAVE 25% on any single item.
12 coolest yet spine-chilling Halloween costumes
1.| Costume of The Nun
Shop at Amazon
Remember the demonic sister is always watching you! So to resemble a costume like her, you need a white gown of Nun style and a long black overlong cloak which covers tip to head! The x-factor of this costume is putting lots of black and white makeup and bright colored contact lenses! Once you drape like her and mimic her personality; the expression you will receive from your family is just petrifying !
2. The devil gown| From Maleficent
Shop at Amazon
Everyone knows her and so does her character. And this Halloween to copy her style, you’ve to drape everything in black; a black glossy gown, black boots and a black crown with two horns. You can also try darn brown as well. And oh, never skip to coat your lips with blood red lipstick!
3. A person with many faces| face decal
Shop at Dainyoon
Spooky costumes do not mean to be scary all the time, it resembles more quirky at times. This idea is one such example. It’s a face decal with many eyes and lips; damn confusing to detect where exactly real eyes and lips sit. You can glance at Dainyoon to scroll similar sets.
4. Costumes Of Annabella| The Conjuring
Shop at Amazon
You must not lampoon with this doll! Afterall you know what she is! Hence, to totter your friends being weak on knees, you may drape like her. So, grab a silk old style frock, make double splitted braids and patt a doll style face makeup on your face.
5. Vampire costume
Shop at Spirit Halloween
Ready to muse Count Victor Draculla to moor on the earth once again on this Halloween? Simply, drape like him. Don a classic Victorian style black suit and long length blazer with a white shirt and black bow. And ofcourse carry a metal capped blck stick in one hand while black hat on head! To enhance the scary effect you can put on some dark eye makeup!
6. Beetlejuice costume
Shop at Spirit Halloween
To look the character of Beetlejuice you must be accompanied by a pair of black and white striped blazers and suits. Must overpaint your face with gaudy makeup, flashy red lipstick and dye your hair with vibrant colors namely green , blue etc. Hidden science of BeetleJuice makeup makes a knot with a bedizen appearance rather than being frightening. So, go on with this style if you’re a bit faint hearted to carry real spooky costumes.
7. Hocus Pocus witch costumes
Shop at Spirit Halloween
If you’ve an intention to drape like the witches of the Hocus Pocus film who all got resurrected after 300 years with a deep grudge to take revenge, being ready with a Victorian style costume or gown is what you mainly need. The later inclusion would be a brown wig and black knee boots.
8. Medusa women costume
Shop at Amazon
Have you given a thought to be costumed like Medusa or the monstrous Gorgon of Greek mythology? If you don’t then do try it for this Halloween. It’s a truly quirky idea to spritz inexorably eerie feelings among your friends. Caution! The costumes of the witch with venomous snakes on the head instead of hair are not for weak souls!.
9. Costumes of She-Ra
Shop at Amazon
Superheroes are always admirable as coolest Halloween costumes. Perhaps, lighting up a positive spirit in the midst of dark vibes and spirits could be a reason. However, you’ve to drape all white to make an apparent similarity with this Disney super woman.Wearing a white frock along with golden hand and leg armour with a golden crown in head are the main costumes of this character.
10. Costumes of Edward Scissorhands
Shop at Amazon
Some of you must have reckoned the morose and cute demon Edward from the respective film who had arms of scissors instead of hands. This Halloween you can try his costume as well. You’ve to don a special black leather made costume and with a huge whitish makeup to portray his character. This one is a little chaotic to carry but it’s okay if you’re penchant to startle at the party.
11. Xenomorph costume
Shop at Amazon
How to look like a real zombie or scary allein? Being costumed with xenomorphic ones would be the reliable answers. Although, this one is hectic both to drape and carry forth but it’s outcome is absolute thrilling and rouge once you’re on with it. The entire costume comes in various parts, you can try various online shopping sites to buy the one or set you wish.
12. Scary Clown| Joker costume
Shop at Spirit Halloween
To share a costume similarity with a scary clown you’ve to be accompanied by a proper draping set, gaiters and wigs. You may navigate inside the costume webpages of Spirit Halloween which showcases plenty of varieties and select the one you like.
With these 12 Halloween costumes let’s anticipate what you’ve been impressed by! However, you can customize your own style as well and feature the scary character you like! Afterall basic principle of this day is either to trick or treat! So, drape the way you want, fright others the way you love!
BigBigPlaces – Awesome lacrosse Mom Active Lacrosse Player shirt
This is one great way to put your personal stamp on a gift for someone special (or tailor it specifically to that someone special’s style). Start from scratch to make your own concert t-shirts, college t-shirts, funny t-shirts, gym t-shirts, mothers day t-shirt, fathers day shirts, valentines day shirts, birthday shirts or much more special occasions. Every order is reviewed by an expert artist, confirming that your design turns out exactly the way you envisioned it! Custom clothing is also an excellent gift idea for tradeshows, reunions or corporate gifts.
If you love this shirt, please click on the link to buy it now: Awesome lacrosse Mom Active Lacrosse Player shirt, hoodie, long sleeve tee
Social media is like that. You can be open to a stranger living 10000 miles away than confess to your family. Without social media, would we have known there are so many men wearing panties! I unhappily wore boxers and boxer briefs because that is what guys are suppose to wear, right!? I never did like either since they are boring, gave zero anatomical support, showed too much of my anatomical outline down my leg, boxers often rode up the back and the front bunching up and/or pinching my anatomy, uncomfortable thick waistband with thick fabric making my skin unbreathable making me hot down there, my anatomy moving around causing friction creating a semi or sometimes getting rubbed raw.
I think more and more men are wearing women’s underwear and not ashamed to admit it. And I admire them for sharing photo’s with everyone. I think women have more choices with style, cut, fabric and color and men should have the same choices. In this day and age I think that some fashion trends are changing in that clothing is becoming gender neutral. I think underwear should be practical and fun to wear and that men should wear what ever underwear they enjoy wearing. I think that it’s because they feel safe talking about wearing women’s nylon panties and lingerie, as well as showing other’s the lovely feminine lingerie that they enjoy wearing. I haven’t found any other website that’s anything like this one and I probably won’t find any place where so many boys and men enjoy wearing Ladies Lingerie and Women’s Underwear.
A) Because we finally figured it out. And that your panties simply feel better than ours in terms of comfort. Plus have you seen what we have to choose from? It’s so not sexy! Most guys are afraid to give into their feminine side. But I’d be willing to bet, that many/most of them would be having a more fulfilling sex life, if they would let their heads get out of the way, and just embrass themselves in terms of your the real you. Because it’s a form of exhibition of a still somewhat taboo subject. It’s prof that look at me I can do this . I wear panties and love it. A picture is worth a thousand words. When I see pictures of men wearing panties it sort of reaffirms me that yes other men do it too so can I. NYLON GRANNY PANTIES ON ENJOY So many men are finally coming out to show they enjoy wearing panties because they see others sharing,it makes them more comfortable with their wearing them. Once they have they will also generally share a pic with others and or post online. Its a form of expression and exhibition also. That said I think we just enjoy them and the way they make us feel, more in touch with our feminine side.
Product detail for this product:
Suitable for Women/Men/Girl/Boy, Fashion 3D digital print drawstring hoodies, long sleeve with big pocket front. It’s a good gift for birthday/Christmas and so on, The real color of the item may be slightly different from the pictures shown on website caused by many factors such as brightness of your monitor and light brightness, The print on the item might be slightly different from pictures for different batch productions, There may be 1-2 cm deviation in different sizes, locations, and stretch of fabrics. Size chart is for reference only, there may be a little difference with what you get.
- Material Type: 35% Cotton – 65% Polyester
- Soft material feels great on your skin and very light
- Features pronounced sleeve cuffs, prominent waistband hem and kangaroo pocket fringes
- Taped neck and shoulders for comfort and style
- Print: Dye-sublimation printing, colors won’t fade or peel
- Wash Care: Recommendation Wash it by hand in below 30-degree water, hang to dry in shade, prohibit bleaching, Low Iron if Necessary
Vist our store at: BigBigPlaces
This product belong to hieu-vu
90,000 The best professional hair colors in 2021: TOP-10 rating
Not everyone knows that in some European countries it is forbidden to dye natural hair with ordinary dyes from the supermarket. They are intended primarily for dyeing hairpieces and wigs. Professional dyes have a more gentle composition, higher in quality. Consider the TOP of the best professional hair dyes.
What is the difference between professional hair dye and ordinary hair dye?
Conventional dyes are in demand due to the availability and ease of the procedure.The set contains everything you need for painting. Also the price is very pleasing. But with a detailed study of the composition, there is an understanding that such funds are not only harmful, but also dangerous. They have a bad effect on the condition of the hair, they can penetrate through the scalp into the body.
Professional paints have a gentle composition. In addition to pigmenting components, they contain caring ingredients. During dyeing, the strands are saturated with vitamins and minerals. After the procedure, the hairstyle changes color, the curls become more shiny, silky, and acquire a healthy look.
The main difference between professional paints is that the oxidizing agent is selected depending on the state of the hair. Solutions with 1.2% to 12% oxidizing agent are used. The pigment is only peeled, gently affects the structure of the hairs.
How to choose a professional hair dye?
The main criteria for choosing a professional coloring agent:
- Color Try to choose the right shade that doesn’t ruin the base color.The color type of appearance should also be taken into account.
- Packaging quality. It must be complete, without dents. It is better to refrain from buying paint with torn packaging.
- Composition. Choose products that do not contain harmful components. The safest are products based on oils and natural substances. It is better to abandon ammonia compounds. Their effect is identical to that of ordinary paints.
- Manufacturer. It is recommended to give preference to trusted brands.Products with incomprehensible, poorly readable names can harm your hair.
- Place of purchase. There is hardly a professional dye in the markets and in hypermarkets. It is better to buy in specialized stores, including on the Internet.
Rating of the best brands of professional hair dyes
List of the best professional paint brands:
- Schwarzkopf. German brand, products contain a minimum amount of harmful components.Paints give a rich, deep color, mask gray hair well.
- Godwell. The manufacturer from Germany, the coloring agents are distinguished by a natural composition without ammonia. After dyeing, a rich, beautiful color remains on the hair for a long time.
- Revlon Professional. An American brand that produces ammonia-free dyes. A rich palette allows you to choose the desired curl color.
- Paul Mitchell. The paints are manufactured in the USA. After use, the hair becomes silky, shiny.
- Matrix. Dyes are made in America. The line has many extravagant shades.
- Loreal Professional. French brand, the paints have a creamy texture, do not contain ammonia. The palette contains over 100 shades.
- Tigi. British brand is made in America. Has been selling cosmetics for several decades.
- Estel. Manufactured in Russia. It can compete with foreign brands.
The best professional hair colors
Consider the best professional paints, according to customer reviews.
TOP-10 professional paints for home use
Ordinary dyes that women are accustomed to using can permanently damage hair. Also, the result is unpredictable. The use of professional paints at home will eliminate this risk. Top Representatives:
- Estel Princess Essex.Inexpensive paint that does its job well. The result is a uniform color, gray hair is perfectly masked.
- Tigi Color Creative and Color Gloss. There are a lot of colors in the palette. Oxidants of low percent, which allows not to spoil the hair structure, but also to take care of it carefully.
- L’oreal Professionel Majirel. Products with a creamy consistency that are convenient to use on their own. Contains oils that restore hair structure.
- Kapous. Several lines are produced under this brand: with ginseng extract, with hyaluronic acid, with rice proteins. Not only gives a rich shade, but also heals.
- Igora Schwarzkopf. The colorant has been available for over 50 years, but manufacturers continue to refine the formula. After application, a rich and long-lasting color is obtained.
- Davines Finest Pigments. The ammonia-free paint saturates with nutrients, the pigment gently penetrates and is fixed in the structure of the curls.
- Londa Professional. A long-lasting dye with lipids that envelop the surface of each hair. The hair becomes more ordered, silky.
- Selective Professional. After application, an intense, uniform color is obtained. The low amount of ammonia in the composition guarantees a stable result.
- Matrix. The brand produces several lines for dyeing. You can pick up both ammonia and ammonia-free formulations. Great for full-fledged painting and toning at home.
- Wella Professional. Hypoallergenic paint that provides intense color, the result is long-lasting.
Pay attention! All professional products intended for use at home do not contain any additives for full coloring in the packaging, in contrast to household products.
TOP-10 professional hair colors without ammonia
Ammonia-free dyes are designed to gently change the shade of curls:
- L’oreal Majirel.Differs in an extensive palette of shades, looks after, has a healing effect.
- Kapous. Contains organic oils and vitamins to heighten hair. However, it contains substances that cause allergies on the sensitive scalp.
- Matrix Color Sync. The innovative formula of the dye makes curls smoother, more vibrant and vibrant.
- Schwarzkopf Professional Igora Vibrance. Curls not only acquire a persistent and beautiful color, but also become more voluminous.
- Barex Italiana Permesse Blonde Assurances. Contains shea butter in the composition, is capable of dyeing curls up to 5 tones from the base color.
- GKhair Oil Hair Color. Oil-based dye that perfectly covers gray hair. After application, the full-fledged structure of the hairs is restored.
- Estel Sense De Luxe. A remedy with a healing effect, it contains oils, extracts, ceramides, panthenol.
- CHI Ionic Shine Shades. Laminated paint.The pigment is sealed, as a result of which the color is preserved for a long time, the curls acquire a healthy shine.
- Matrix Socolor Beauty. Coloring products with a rich gamut and vitamin composition for the recovery of hair.
- Redken Chromatics. Saturates curls with bright pigment. The result lasts about 2-3 weeks.
TOP professional hair colors with ammonia
Ammonia, despite the fact that it is a harmful substance, provides color stability and saturation.The shade remains for a long time, does not require frequent correction. Professional paints have a low ammonia content. Best remedies:
- Wella Professionals Illumina Color. Laminated paint with long lasting results.
- Lisap LK Anti-Age Creamcolor. Handles gray hair well.
- Farmavita Life Color Plus Professional. Gentle ammonia color with Brazil nut extract.
TOP of the best professional premium hair colors
Premium paints – expensive cosmetics with high quality and nutrient content:
- Selective.An Italian brand that restores the correct hair structure. Curls acquire a healthy shine.
- L’Oreal Professionnel Majiblond Ultra. Differs in durability and gentle effect.
- Redken Chromatics Ultra Rich. American products renowned for their exclusive tones with a natural glow.
- MACADAMIA Natural Oil Cream Color. Not only colors, but also cares for the curls, providing a healthy shine, silkiness, smoothness.
- Kydra Creme.An ammonia-free product that provides stable pigment with a plant base.
TOP of the best inexpensive professional hair dyes
The best professional tools in the budget price segment:
- Kaaral Professional AAA Color Collection. Italian cosmetics with low ammonia content. The pigment penetrates the hair shaft using coconut oil.
- Kapous Professional Studio Professional. The natural base of the coloring formulations provides a gentle effect on the curls.The color lasts for about 1 month.
- Estel Professional Princess Essex. It has a rich palette of warm and cold shades, makes the hairstyle orderly, and gives a healthy shine.
- CONCEPT Profy Touch. Well suited for painting gray hair, contains a minimum amount of ammonia.
Using professional paint at home
Painting hair with professional means is a complex process that requires strict adherence to the instructions:
- Prepare the color composition correctly.If it is necessary to use an oxidizing agent, it must be mixed with the pigment.
- Start staining from the back of the head.
- When the entire mass of hair has been processed, gently comb it, slightly lifting the comb up.
- You should not cover or insulate your head.
- After 25-30 minutes, wash off the product with shampoo, use conditioner for colored hair.
Professional hair dye is a good way to change your appearance without harm.Sparing and medicinal formulations will improve the condition of the curls. The new hairstyle will look healthy.
90,000 Test of love | Penfox 🦊
In our life, nobody is interested in the person himself, but only in his big wallet. But sometimes people still understand that for greater happiness he does not need money and sex, but the man himself. With all the habits, paddocks. After all, a person falls in love not with the wrapper, but with the filling.
From my very first day in high school, I was an outcast.After all, I was not like the others. I did not wear short, defiant skirts, I did not paint my eyes brightly. It was very wild for me. Plus, my relationship with my family was close to zero. With the birth of my younger brother, everyone forgot about me, as if I had never existed in their life. I did not stop studying, but every day I brought good grades, with the hope that they would notice me today. Unfortunately, this did not happen.
After I met Matt, the captain of the lacrosse team.My life began to change. I began to be noticed at school. For me it was somehow strange or something. Everything was going very well. After leaving school, Matt and I moved to Seattle, I went to university, got a dorm room, but I never showed up there. I left all my loved ones, completely put an end to that terrible life. We couldn’t enjoy each other’s company. But one situation knocked me down. I decided that this person is not worthy of me and we should no longer link our lives with each other.
My acquaintance with my neighbor happened brightly, but at the same time dim, but when I saw her friends … They were so different from all those I have ever known. They frightened and at the same time embarrassed with their appearance. For them, these parties with a huge amount of alcohol were already commonplace. They did not control their behavior, they went beyond the bounds of decency, as they said: “Why be ashamed? This is a university, have fun while there is time. “For me at first it seemed crazy, but then I quickly entered this whirlpool.It was then that he became for me something more than just an acquaintance who sits at this table.
From the very first meeting Max turned my life around. She has become completely different. Everything was new. Sometimes I think how lucky I was to be in the place of those heroines about whom I watched all films and TV series. And I myself can’t believe that this is happening to me. Would I have acted differently if I had known how everything would turn out? Of course not. After all, he brought new colors into my life, a passion from which I lose my head, because my mind at this moment sees and feels only him.But sometimes I think about all the actions with which he hurt me. They make me curl up into a ball and bellow all night. After all, you can’t erase it, he forever left traces of pain in my wounded soul.
I am convinced of only one thing: after Max trampled my heart and life, they will never be the same.
Do you like it? Share with your friends!
Word of mouth is the best way to get people talking about you! Share your creations on social media using the hashtag I write on #penfox.
90,000 read free online full version of the book by Nenia Campbell (Chapter 4) # 6
Val scrutinized the students in her art class to see if Gavin was really in her class, as he claimed.
It took her longer than she expected to find him. For such a tall guy, he disguised himself with amazing ease. A black T-shirt and dark jeans made him almost invisible in school, where ninety percent of students wore this color, considering it incredibly fashionable.
Nevertheless, she found him and, taking advantage of the fact that he was distracted by drawing with charcoal, began to study carefully. Gavin was sitting in the back row, which didn’t surprise her in the least. Around him was a mess, which he himself made. In “Petville” he seemed rather squeamish to her (despite the obvious indifference to blood), but now his hands were stained with the charcoal with which he painted. She watched him adjust his glasses, leaving black spots on his face.
Val felt a wild urge to laugh and stared at her work before it could break out.Stupid. If he no longer considers her an idiot, then unpleasant laughter and snorting is a sure way to nudge him in that direction.
Most likely, he considered her a real child.
Her expression turned serious as she studied the slight advance she had made in her drawing. She decided to sketch the kittens from the pet store – and then, later, work them out in detail – but she had problems with the correct expression of their faces. Their eyes looked too human.
Lost in thought, she tilted her head this way and that to examine the drawing from a new angle. We can probably say that it came out on purpose. What is this … what is it called? – anthropomorphic image.
But she will know, and this minor flaw will bother her until she gets it right.
A cold, damp sensation tickled her skin as she shifted her position, completely forgetting her wrist in her fingers. Val pressed her cheek to the paint brush for god knows how long.She got up, holding her hands carefully in front of her, and went to wash in a trough-like sink built into the far wall next to the door.
Orange paint dripped from her palms and spiraled down the drain, looking too much like blood. Just like a shot from the iconic shower scene in the movie Psycho. Val shook her hands over the sink and tore the paper towel off a nearby roll, turned and nearly slammed right into James Lewis.
– How are you? – he asked. – You have paint on your nose.
– Excellent. She wiped her face with a damp paper towel. – Erased?
– Yeah, now it’s okay. By the way, I got your Facebook message.
Val punched a hole in the paper towel.
– Got it?
– Uh-huh. Sorry. I didn’t have a chance to answer until this morning, and then I had to rush to class. I was busy. Football, you know.
If Gavin was dark-haired, James’s hair is blonde. Reddish, about two shades darker and darker than hers, with a golden tint.He had charming green eyes and a crooked smile that could break his heart.
And now he decided to use it. “Oh, damn it,” the version that helped him to successfully get out of trouble, and more than once. She might even have affected Val if it weren’t for such a blatant lie. Val was torn between amusement and irritation. Usually she believed people, not thinking whether they were lying or not. She rarely managed to catch someone outright lies.
But if she points out to James his lies, it will do no good.Only make her look like a desperate stalker, following his profile to see if he was online. Like she’s some kind of nutty stalker. Lisa has told her many times that boys don’t like girls who are possessive, which is of course silly, given how owner boys behave.
Val remembered her pursuer and shuddered in horror.
“It’s okay,” she muttered.
But in reality it was not so.
James’ smile widened.
– Good. I’m glad. Because I felt disgusting about it.
“I bet it was.”
– But I would still go to the movies with you and Lisa.
Val said nothing and he continued:
– What movie were you going to see? There is one cool action …
This word is “cool” again. What made Lisa think this invitation would work? James wasn’t even interested in her. She is sure of it. In any case, not as a girl.Guys don’t look that way at girls they like.
He clearly does not care about anyone but himself …
-… excellent rating by reviews…
A knock from the back row gave Val a plausible excuse to distract himself from James’s rambling monologue. Gavin disappeared from his seat, and his tablemate stared at the floor. Val’s eyebrows went up in amazement. She saw the top of his head peek out from the table. What can he do?
– … not a big fan of melodramas, but I’d like to watch …
He must have dropped something, she decided.
– … a good dramatic comedy …
Oh, he’s coming here!
-… and some kind of thriller, for that matter… – Even James, though immersed in himself, noticed that the audience reaction did not correspond to his ideas about what delight is. He glanced back to see what had caught everyone’s attention and curled his lips. This was a sign of annoyance, as Val pointed out.
Ignoring them with the carelessness he undoubtedly practiced in front of the mirror, Gavin threw away the broken charcoal pencil, now broken into two separate pieces.He washed the blackness off his hands and face, and then reached for a paper towel, accidentally grazing her side. She glanced at him, and it seemed to her that he winked.
– Anyway, do you like any of this? Lisa says she doesn’t care.
Val crumpled up the paper towel that she had been twirling in her hands all this time and threw it into the trash can.
– I’m not sure.
– Is it difficult to choose a film?
– No. Really busy. I’m on the track and field team, you know, ”she added, unconsciously mocking his old tone.Seeing his blank look, she added, “You know I’m on the track and field team, don’t you?”
– Uh, yes. I think I’ve already seen you in uniform. You wear it on game days, don’t you?
Wearing a sports bra and spandex shorts to school? Days of games? For heaven’s sake.
– No, I don’t wear it to school. And we don’t have days of games. I’m not a cheerleader. – Val is tired of hinting. – I’m in it in my profile picture. On Facebook.
“You would know if you really looked at my profile, liar.”
James had the guts to blush.
Val looked at him.
– You didn’t even read my message, did you?
– I read the email notification on my phone. Same.
No, it is not. She sighed.
– I don’t think anything will come of it.
“Hey,” he said, slightly defensively. – Do not be offended, just running is not mine.
– It’s not about running, – a hot splash of irritation covered Val.”How can you be so stupid.” This gave her courage. Enough to say:
– I don’t think you understand what I’m talking about. Lisa – our Lisa – tried to bring us together.
The sincere surprise on his face hurt more than if he had insulted her directly.
– What, arrange a date?
– Yes. Date.
– It doesn’t matter.
James shook his head.
– I never thought …
– True.Never mind. – Suddenly feeling that she was about to cry, Val walked past him and walked to her seat, but James grabbed her arm.
– Hey, wait. Sorry.
Val pulled back – but carefully.
– It’s okay.
“However, I don’t care.”
Actually no. This is where the problem is. She cares.
Val ran her now clean fingers through her hair, staring at the unfinished drawing of the kittens. She reached for the thinnest of the brushes to begin working on the detailed markings of their striped fur, as crumpled paper touched her wrists that lay awkwardly in front of the old tin can containing the brushes.”What is it? I didn’t leave anything here. ”
She unrolled the paper to reveal black pencil notes made in charcoal.
“I think you are amazing.”
Val’s heart skipped a beat. Delightful? I AM? She looked up to see Gavin staring at her, chin resting on the back of his hand. She pointed to the note and he bowed his head with a slight smile.
( Maybe I would like to … get to know you, that’s why ).
Oh, wow. I see, she thought.
* * *
Val was oddly elated as she walked through the crowded cafeteria to sit down at her usual table with her friends. Rachel and Lindsay were already sitting there. Their biology teacher is actually pretty cool and always left their class a few minutes early as long as their lab tables were clean, which meant they were always first in line for hot meals.
Even though she usually carried lunches in brown bags with her in high school, her mother insisted that Val take them now.As she unpacked her fifth peanut butter banana sandwich in a week, Val looked at her friends’ greasy pizza and wondered how hot meals might be worth indigestion.
– Will this friend of yours join today? Rachel asked with her mouth full. – Princess “What’s Her Name”? 
– I prefer “Like Her Name.”
“Should,” Val said. “Lisa doesn’t have a phone, so I don’t know. I cannot write to her.
“Oh no,” Rachel feigned horror.- Did the princess lose her phone?
“Lisa isn’t that bad,” Val said automatically, wondering if she was so sure of that herself.
“No,” Rachel said. “I will never forget what she told us.
– You mean … oh, about the fact that she called us “cute couple”?
– What? Val asked in surprise, looking from one to the other, not quite sure if they were serious. – When did it happen? You never told me that Lisa thinks you …
– Lesbians? Lindsay asked as Rachel said, “Dykes ?”
Lindsay glared at her.
– Rachel, this is insulting!
– We both know that this is what Miss Thing was really thinking.
“I’m sure Lisa didn’t mean anything bad,” Val said, embarrassed.
– She asked if I listened to “Indigo Girls” .
– And she asked if I played lacrosse.
“You played lacrosse,” Rachel pointed out.
– Yes, but she didn’t know it. She just assumed.
– She also asked how we feel about Tegan and Sarah.
Oh my God, Val thought as the tray crashed into the fake wooden tabletop with a crash.
– How do you guys always get here so quickly? I’m kidding, no offense.
Lindsay’s eyebrow arched so high it almost disappeared into her hair. Rachel looked like she couldn’t decide whether to laugh her hard or be offended. To Val’s relief, she limited herself to a scornful snort and took a large bite of pizza.
Lisa looked at her for a minute, then turned to Val.
– You know James told me you were mad at him?
– I would not say that I am angry. Rather, I feel irritated.
Val explained the situation in the drawing room, taking turns meeting the eyes of all three girls.
“I think it’s all for the best,” she finished. “I mean, he looked surprised.
“What a moron,” Lindsay said.“He’s not even worth your time.
Lisa shot her an annoyed look.
– I’ll talk to him, Val. I’m sure he doesn’t think so.
– And it seems to me yes. “Do you wear a uniform to school on play days?” Anyway, I would prefer to put this whole game in “deaf phones”. Too much is lost in retelling.
“Amen,” Rachel summed up.
“Boys,” Lindsay agreed, nodding. – Are they capable of not forgetting anything?
“Things with an X in front of them,” Rachel suggested.- Like X-Box. And movies rated X.
– In that case, I’m sure they’ll be thrilled if we wear our uniforms on a date.
– And they’ll stare at us like cheerleaders? No thanks. – The anger in Lisa’s gaze became even more furious. She was a cheerleader. As if she had just realized this, Rachel opened her eyes wide, looked at Lisa and said innocently:
– No offense.
– What about that guy, Val? The one you told us about earlier? The older one?
– Yes, the one who called you adorable.Rachel flapped her eyelashes.
– Who is older? – asked Lisa. “Why didn’t I…” She trailed off, focusing an unkind gaze on Val. – Oh no. You are not …
“It’s not like that,” Val muttered, cringing under Lisa’s gaze.
– Oh, you know Val’s mysterious guy, Lisa? Lindsay asked with a grin.
– Who is he? Rachel asked. “I want where, when and how, but especially where.”
“Don’t tell them,” Val pleaded.
– Why not? If you don’t want to listen to me, then maybe your best friends will tell you why Gavin Mecozzi is bad company.
– Which Gavin?
“Oh shit,” Rachel said. – I think the same, the author of the “List of Victims”.
“No,” Lindsay wondered. – He?
– Who? – Val could not understand in any way.
– Your boyfriend, Val, is known to almost everyone at school as the guy who wrote the Victim List.
– What is the list of victims?
– The so-called list that school shooters write so as not to forget who they are going to kill in the first place.
“Charming,” Rachel said dryly.
Val turned pale.
– Did he really make it up?
This time Lindsay answered.
– Not really. It’s a long story, but it mostly boils down to an essay he wrote for an English lesson last year. Based on The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell that was asked to read.
– This is a short story about a shipwrecked guy who was washed ashore by a crazy old idiot who also turned out to be a former hunter.And you know what? He decided that ordinary hunting had lost its appeal …
“Hunting to kill animals,” Lindsay added to Val.
“Yeah,” Rachel said. – So, he … Count Zoloft …
– Zoloft, Zaroff, what’s the difference. Count Zaroff decides that from now on he will hunt people, since they are the only worthy challenge left for him.
– The Victim List guy – I mean Gavin, I’m sorry – said something interesting about this book.
– Yeah, interesting, sort of like “scare the hell out of people.”
– The teacher put his essay on public display. She said that it was amazing, and exactly one for which you can safely put the highest score, and blah blah blah, but everyone knew that he was hanged because the school wanted proof, in case he really did something like that pretends they are not responsible or something.
“Something like a shootout at school,” Rachel clarified.
– What was the essay about? Val asked.
– In general, it was a really creepy work about what the chances of survival for this or that group of schoolchildren, if they find themselves in a similar situation, – explained Lisa, intercepting the conversation, – nerds, cheerleaders, members of a theater group, athletes …
“So this is not a list of victims,” Val said. “I mean, it’s creepy, but it doesn’t seem like he really seriously considered such a thing …
“The cheerleaders will probably die first,” Lisa said, “because despite their natural athleticism, they never knew what it was like to really run.”This is a direct quote. His essay hangs on the wall of my class. I read a part and had to stop.
“I’ve read something too,” Lindsay nodded. – He wrote that one of the shy, quiet guys who no one suspects is most likely to survive, because his or her “obvious weakness” will cause them to underestimate, thereby increasing his or her chance of using one of their natural advantages …
– What the hell got you interested in this psychopath? – asked Lisa.- Because I thought we had already discussed everything. Did he tell you something?
“… delicious,” Rachel said in an undertone. Lindsay slapped her hand.
Val wished she had anything cold with her. She blushed like a tomato.
“Oh my God, Val,” Lisa moaned. – He will chew you up and spit you out.
“Maybe he won’t spit it out,” Rachel grinned. – Not if he likes her taste.
Lindsay hit her again, harder.
– Oops! Not with a lacrosse hand. It hurts like hell!
Lisa looked at them angrily.
– Val, believe me or not, he will hurt you. I don’t want to watch this happen.
“Hey, maybe he’s a really nice guy,” Rachel took pity upon seeing Val’s frustrated expression. “I mean, Stephen King is undoubtedly a darling and look at all this convoluted crap he writes.
But Gavin isn’t that good, Val thought desperately.He said so himself.
She felt as if she had declared out loud in front of everyone: I am the girl who likes the guy who wrote the Victim List – like being trapped in a room with no doors.
* * *
When Mrs. Kimble asked:
– How’s school going, Val? She looked a little alarmed when her usually chatty daughter replied with a grunt. – Did you have a bad day?
“Bee,” Val said.
– High school sucks.Val wrinkled her face. “Everyone’s so… so superficial.
– Oh, Val. You sound like you’ve learned something new. High school hasn’t changed much since I was a girl, and I think it has stayed pretty much the same since public schools ever started.
– It still sucks.
– Many things in the world are like this, and we can do nothing with ninety-nine percent of them.
Val crossed her arms.
– Can’t wait for college.
“Well, I’m afraid you’ll have to wait a bit longer,” the mother said dryly, “so I would advise you to have the best of your time.
( I think you are adorable ).
– Something good happened today.
– Oh? And what was that?
“There is one boy at school, and I think… I really think I might like him.” Val frowned again. “Like” isn’t exactly the right word.It was too easy. Too easy.
Mrs. Kimble smiled sideways at her.
– Oh, that’s great, baby. Is this the one you told me about? The one with whom Lisa is playing matchmaker?
– “Plays” a matchmaker? Kind of pretending? Val frowned even more. – No. James is a moron.
– I see.
– So who is this new mystery guy? Lisa introduced you to him?
Val stamped her foot.
– Mom! I can find boys without Lisa’s help!
– Don’t stomp! And I didn’t say that you can’t. Her mother looked hurt.
– You meant it.
– God, how sensitive you are today.
Val stared ahead at the car stuck in front of them. After school, the traffic was always disgusting. There was a sticker on the bumper of the car: “My Child is a Derringer Honorary Student.” The driver, however, added another part full of irony, which read, “And all I got is this stupid sticker.”
She could bet the child’s parents had no idea how disgusting it was.
– Come on. Do not be angry. Spread it out. I’m dying of curiosity.
Val was tempted to torture her a little more – she was still angry about her mother’s assumption that she could not find the boys herself, mainly because it was starting to look like it might be true – but Val was too worried to be silent for a long time, and the mother’s enthusiasm proved difficult to resist after Lisa’s sharp skepticism.
She managed to hold out one more block before she blurted out:
– He is a graduate.
Mother’s expectant smile disappeared.
– Oh … god. So he is eighteen. That’s quite a lot.
– Just four years older. We study at the same school!
– And next year he will be in college, and you, little miss, will still be in high school. She rolled her eyes at the look on her daughter’s face.- Okay, I get it. We will discuss this later. So he is a graduate. And that’s all you know about him?
– He’s in my art class.
– He works at Petville.
Mrs. Kimble raised an eyebrow.
“I didn’t say anything,” said Mrs. Kimble.
– You looked at me.
– Oh, Val, for heaven’s sake. Did I look at you? How old are you?
There was silence.
– Well, Miss Resentment? What is this boy’s name?
Val did not reply.
– Should we call him MM like Mystic Boy?
– Oh my God, what a horror! His name is Gavin. Gavin Mecozzi.
– Sounds Italian.
– Perhaps because it is.
“When I was a child, I knew an Italian,” said the mother thoughtfully. – He was a distant relative of the mafiosi. He bragged about it often. It drove the girls crazy – that, and the fact that he looked like a young Eduardo Versategui.He also drove a Harley, as I recall, and wore a Ferragamo leather jacket.
– Gavin is not from the Mafia.
– What then does Mr. Mecozzi do in his free time?
To which Val could answer, much to her relief.
– He plays chess. He is a grandmaster.
– Well! This is impressive, of course. Your uncle plays chess. Have I ever told you this? He called them “intellectual sports”. – The minibus entered the driveway.Val jumped out of the car, slinging her backpack over her shoulder. “Your father played too, although Charles was never as good as Earl.
– I remember. Dad tried to teach me when I was little.
– Really? Oh yes, I completely forgot. It seems that all this was so long ago. She rummaged in her purse for the keys, and casually asked, “What does Lisa think of this Gavin?”
– Lisa is stupid. Just like James.
As soon as the mother opened the door, Val immediately went to her room.The first thing she did was change from school clothes to flannel pajama pants and a tank top. Secondly, it was worth washing off the makeup, which already began to feel tough and itchy. Third, she was going to sit at the computer and stay there until she was called to dinner or until she was tired enough to take a nap on the bed.
James finally decided to send her a message. The headline was simply titled “Sorry.” How original. Val deleted the message without reading it. She knew that if she read it, she would either feel sorry for James, or she would be even more angry than she was already, and in any case, she would most likely do something stupid herself.
Also, he’s probably only apologizing because Lisa made him.
Val was Lisa’s best friend, even before Lisa met anyone else in school, and she resented the fact that Lisa had been so closely associated with James lately. Moreover, she was absolutely sure that the two of them hung out together much more often than with her.
Not that she wanted to hang out with such stupid people, but they could at least suggest.
She had another message besides James.Val straightened a little. Again from that weirdo in a Victorian outfit.
“What do you want? And how far are you willing to go to get it? ”
The message was sent at 4:21 am.
The thought of a man lying awake in the middle of the night thinking about her and what she wants made her nauseous – nausea and a little strange excitement that could not but frighten.
“Leave me alone,” she wrote. “Why are you bothering me all the time?”
The answer came instantly.
“Because you fascinate me.”
“What strange things you say. Do I fascinate you? ”
“Among other things.”
Val hesitated. “Everything else?”
“A gentleman will never tell.”
“Then why are you doing this, freak?”
He did not answer. Val breathed a sigh of relief and began responding to other messages from people she really wanted to talk to.People who weren’t ugly. She posted a comment to one of her workout friends about the next meeting, and when the screen refreshed, another message notification awaited her.
“Because you’re beautiful when you run – and that makes me want to chase you more.” The red flag flashed again. “By the way, you never answered my question.”
His question? She scrolled through the messages in confusion until she came across the first one he sent her.What does she want and how far will she go to get it?
She pressed the lock button and turned away from the laptop.
Right now, her only wish was for her big, stupid life to start making a little more sense.