Starfire clinic: OSF Children’s Hospital of Illinois
RET Physical Therapy Group Opens New Clinic in Starfire Soccer Complex
Michael Jennings, Tukwila Clinic Director
This clinic is a great opportunity for us to meet the needs of our community by delivering the latest technology and treatment options through caring customer service.
SEATTLE (PRWEB) February 05, 2020
RET Physical Therapy Group (RET) is proud to announce their newest clinic opens February 5, in Tukwila, located inside the Starfire Soccer Complex, at 14800 Starfire Way, Tukwila, WA 98188.
Located alongside the Seattle Sounders MLS Champions training facility, the Tukwila Movement and Performance Physical Therapy clinic is RET’s 38th location across Greater Seattle, WA.
With over 30 years’ experience in the private practice industry, Michael Jennings, PT, MHS, is a Board-Certified Sports Specialist serving as the Tukwila Clinic Director. He provides leadership to his team of physical therapists, athletic trainers, and strength and conditioning specialists.
“I am excited to be opening this new location in Tukwila and for the continued growth of the RET family of private practices,” says Jennings. “This clinic is a great opportunity for us to meet the needs of our community by delivering the latest technology and treatment options through caring customer service. I look forward to helping individuals Move and Perform better and return them to an optimal level of function.”
The Tukwila clinic is an approved American Physical Therapists Association (APTA) Sport Residency site providing expert services in return to sport, work and recreation across all ages with musculoskeletal injury or post-surgical problems. Services offered from the highly trained performance and wellness clinic include in-clinic acute injury assessments, event medical coverage, and individual, small group and team training and fitness programming for all ages and skill groups.
RET specializes in providing exceptional physical therapy through a combination of evidence-based practice, care excellence, and clinical excellence.
To learn more about RET Physical Therapy Group, or Washington Hand Therapy’s services, or to book a free consultation with one of Greater Seattle’s experts in physical or hand therapy, please visit http://www.RETPTGroup.com or call the Tukwila clinic at 206-267-7811.
About RET Physical Therapy Group (RET):
RET Physical Therapy Group was founded in 1973 by Robert E. Tutland, PT. All 38 RET locations are locally owned by a team of physical therapists dedicated to operating neighborhood, service-oriented clinics with highly skilled staff delivering excellent care and customer service. RET believes in a balance of family, work, community, and fun, and strives to retain valuable employees through support, recognition, and a commitment to balanced personal and professional lives. To learn more, visit RETPTGroup.com.
Auto Repair & Service in Mount Horeb, WI
Keeping Families Safe on the Road
At Helwig Auto Clinic LLC, we are a proud provider of Starfire tires for customers in Mount Horeb, WI, Madison, WI, Barneveld, WI, and surrounding areas. Customers are bound to find the right tire to fit their budget in our selection of competitively priced Starfire tires.Starfire: Pure Driving Pleasure
Owned by Cooper, Starfire Tire manufactures American-designed, Asian-made sports tires. Manufactured with high performance standards and exceptional tire life, Starfire tires are constructed to compete against premium brands without the price. Starfire tires undergo stringent quality and testing standards for high-quality, long-lasting tires with excellent grip and handling capabilities.
All Starfire tires offer performance-minded motorists real excitement at the wheel without sacrificing safety or stability. Whether you regularly drive highways or urban roads in the rain or in the snow, Starfire tires are guaranteed to perform.Types of Starfire Tires:
- Passenger Car Tires
- Light Truck Tires
- High Performance Tires
- Ultra High Performance Tires
- Winter Tires
Shop our online tire catalog to browse our selection of Sigma tires.Take Driving to the Outer Limits
Looking for a set of tires with excellent drainage capability, enhanced steering response, noiseless structure design, and low noise? Starfire tires offer all those things and more.
When you buy Starfire tires, you are investing in tires with performance at the core of their design. American-engineered and tested, Starfire tires offer high mileage, safety handling, durability, and all-season traction. For performance enthusiasts looking for premium tires at an affordable price, try Starfire tires.
As one of the leading Starfire tire dealers in the area, we pride ourselves on our ability to send customers home happy. Contact us online or visit us today to learn more about our selection of Starfire tires.
Details for Starfire RS-C 2.0
Submitted by Mike in MN on 11/21/2016
Would not buy again. At 24,800 miles and two years 4/32 tread depth remaining. Need to replace. I didn’t expect 50,000 mile tires at the low price, but at least 35K! Oh – they were properly rotated and had the correct air pressure over time too. Spend $20 bucks more per tire – you will be glad you did.
Would Buy Again 1/5 Snow Traction 3/5
Wet Traction 3/5 Cornering Stability 3/5
Dry Traction 3/5 Steering Response 3/5
Hydroplaning Resistance 3/5
Submitted by Schmitty in MN on 3/2/2016
(2003 Pontiac Grand Am SE) 1.85 out of 5
Tires wore after 16,000 miles (almost bald). Never buy these tires unless you want to replace frequently.
Would Buy Again 1/5 Snow Traction 2/5
Wet Traction 2/5 Cornering Stability 2/5
Dry Traction 2/5 Steering Response 2/5
Hydroplaning Resistance 2/5
Submitted by Bill in OH on 1/26/2015
(1998 Toyota Avalon XLS) 1.7 out of 5
The ride in the car is like riding on a washboard. The rubber got so hard it would slide on anything. Replaced with Coopers.
Would Buy Again 1/5 Snow Traction 3/5
Wet Traction 1/5 Cornering Stability 1/5
Dry Traction 3/5 Steering Response 2/5
Hydroplaning Resistance 1/5
Submitted by Chris in IN on 12/10/2014
(2008 Saturn Aura XE)
Great tires for the price. I drive a lot of highway miles. Fairly quiet.
Would Buy Again 5/5 Snow Traction 4/5
Wet Traction 4/5 Cornering Stability 4/5
Dry Traction 5/5 Steering Response 5/5
Hydroplaning Resistance 4/5
Submitted by judy in ME on 11/14/2014
(2003 Chrysler Town & Country EX)
Def going to get these every time.
Would Buy Again 5/5 Snow Traction 5/5
Wet Traction 5/5 Cornering Stability 5/5
Dry Traction 5/5 Steering Response 5/5
Hydroplaning Resistance 5/5
Submitted by Josh in ME on 12/21/2013
(2007 Hyundai Sonata GLS)
Great tire at a great price
Would Buy Again 5/5 Snow Traction 5/5
Wet Traction 5/5 Cornering Stability 5/5
Dry Traction 5/5 Steering Response 5/5
Hydroplaning Resistance 5/5
Kids Soccer & STEM Programs – Seattle, Renton, Kent – Starfire Sports
We are currently taking online registrations for spring STEM education classes. On May 17, we will open registration for our summer soccer programs, including Stars classes, Micro league training, and technical and tactical training. Please visit the individual webpage for these programs for more details on summer offerings. All youth programs will be conducted in accordance with state and county guidelines as well as our Return to Play Handbook.
For over a decade, Starfire has been delivering accessible, world-class soccer programming to our community’s youth. Today, the Starfire Academy is designed to inspire a passion for sport, and empower youth with the life skills to support their development as tomorrow’s leaders. From the soccer field to the classroom, our soccer and STEM programs seek to make our participants as confident joining a robotics or coding club as they are trying out for the soccer team.
In 2018, STEM was added to the Starfire Academy in order to further enhance our community support, and build on our vision of creating a thriving community that ensures equitable opportunities and access for all! Learn more about why STEM was chosen as the first step in extending our reach beyond soccer.
STEM | Soccer
STEM Programs for PreK through 6th Grade
Starfire Academy STEM Programs for Pre-K to 6th grade are designed to ensure equitable opportunities that inspire and empower participants to develop STEM-enabled knowledge, skills, and mindsets needed to thrive in a rapidly changing STEM society. More information.
Starfire Academy soccer programs take a progressive training approach for ages 18 months to 12 years old. We welcomes children of all ages and ability levels, providing curriculums that introduce basic skills and concepts to beginners, as well as giving more advanced players exposure to technical and situational aspects of the game.
Kids Classes for ages 2 years to 6 years
Starfire’s kids classes for ages two years to six years are focused on helping youth develop as players and community members through participation in soccer. Our classes feature fun, interactive and cooperative games that promote problem solving and teamwork. As your child grows and gains experience with the program, the classes will also become more advanced to help develop each child. More information.
Micro Training for ages 4 to 9 years (current offerings 6-9 years old)
This fun, recreational indoor program for kids ages 4 to 9 years is coached by Starfire Staff and is a great introduction to team soccer. Young players develop an understanding of the game through a combination of basic technical training and fast-paced game play. This class is best suited for those who have participated in our Stars classes for several sessions or those who have an intermediate level of soccer experience. More information.
Technical & Tactical Training for ages 7 to 12 years
Starfire Academy’s Technical and Tactical Training for kids ages 7 to 12 years is designed for any child looking for technical and tactical training in a non-intimidating environment. Participants will be trained on learning technical skills such as dribbling, stopping, trapping, passing and shooting and then proper application of these skills in a variety of game situations. The technical academy is a great next level for those who have participated in the micro league for multiple sessions or for experienced players looking for supplemental training. More information.
Dekalb Clinic, 1209 Starfire Dr, Ottawa, IL 61350, USADekalb Clinic Convenient Care – PlushCare
(815) 758-8671. About Dekalb Clinic Convenient Care. Recognized favorably amongst their patients, Dekalb Clinic Convenient Care has an average rating of 0 stars out of 5 based on 0 total reviews.https://plushcare.com/urgent-care/dekalb-il/dekalb-clinic-convenient-care/ DeKalb Clinic – Sycamore, Illinois – Doctor, Family… | Facebook
DeKalb Clinic, Sycamore, Illinois. 32 likes · 2 talking about this · 592 were here. DeKalb Clinic. Doctor · Sycamore, IL, United States. 592 people checked in here. Phone. +1 815-758-8671.https://www.facebook.com/pages/DeKalb-Clinic/450839978437429 DeKalb Clinic 1850 Gateway Dr Sycamore, IL Podiatrists – MapQuest
Get directions, reviews and information for DeKalb Clinic in Sycamore, IL. Reviews. (815) 758-8671 Website.https://www.mapquest.com/us/illinois/dekalb-clinic-590748098 DEKALB CLINIC. A Medical Group Practice located in Sycamore, IL
DEKALB CLINIC. Cardiothoracic Surgery, Critical Care Medicine • 4 Providers. 1850 Gateway Dr, Sycamore IL, 60178. Compare with other General Surgery Specialists. Make an appointment at Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital today at (815) 249-4928.https://www.healthgrades.com/group-directory/il-illinois/sycamore/dekalb-clinic-yx7ie9 Dekalb Clinic – Primary Care in Sycamore, IL 60178
Dekalb Clinic is a Primary Care located in Sycamore, Illinois at 1850 Gateway Drive providing immediate, non-life-threatening healthcare services to the Sycamore area. 1850 Gateway Drive Sycamore, IL 60178 Get Directions. Phone. 815-758-8671 ext: 3445. Fax. 815-756-4892.https://www.dotexamlocations.com/il/sycamore/5105-dekalb-clinic (815) 758-8671
(815) 758-8671. 625 Bethany Rd, Dekalb, IL. 3.8 average rating. The Overall Average Patient Rating of Dekalb Clinic when asked is excellent. Dekalb Clinic has been reviewed by 21 patients.https://www.vitals.com/group-practice/illinois/dekalb/dekalb/dekalb-clinic Dekalb Clinic : ტენდერი, კლინიკები
Dekalb Clinic არის მიმწოდებელი პროდუქცია და მომსახურება, როგორიცაა ტენდერი,კლინიკები…. 1850 Gateway Drive. Sycamore, Illinois, 60178-3192. ამერიკის შეერთებული შტატები. ტელ:(815) 758-8671.https://globalcatalog.com/dekalbclinic.us/ka
Hospitals – DeKalb, IL (United States)
The Best Hospitals in DeKalb, IL on Unilocal. Read about places like Ctr For Behavioral Health At…, Dekalb Clinic, Baumgart Joseph R MD. +1 815-758-8671.https://unilocal.net/c/united-states/il/dekalb/hospitals DeKalb Clinic – Sycamore, Estados Unidos
Get Directions. (815) 758-8671. www.dekalbclinic.com. DeKalb (IL), United States. Medicina e saúde, Faculdade e universidade, Organização.https://yellow.place/pt/dekalb-clinic-sycamore-usa Dekalb Clinic | Find Clinics in Dekalb, IL
Own this business? Dekalb Clinic. 217 Franklin Street Dekalb, IL 60115. (815) 758-0574. View Contact Info. Do you own this business? Visit Website.https://www.manta.com/mb_55_D000B05M_4EJ/clinic_operated_by_physicians/dekalb_il
by Ezra Ginsburg | May 28, 2021 9:00 am
Eight Manitobans have been named to NHL Central Scouting’s final rankings for the 2021 NHL Draft. Winnipeg ICE defenceman Carson Lambos was the highest ranked Manitoban by NHL Central Scouting at 11th overall amongst North American skaters. The 18-year-old was limited to just two games with the ICE this year due to injury. Prior to the start of the 2020 – 2021 WHL Regular Season,…Share
by Ezra Ginsburg | May 19, 2021 10:00 am
Winnipeg’s Jett Woo is a top prospect with the NHL’s Vancouver Canucks and he is also providing inspiration to the next generation of hockey players of Asian descent. Woo, 20, recently completed his first pro season with the American Hockey League’s Utica Comets, the minor league affiliate of the Canucks, registering three goals and two assists in 28 games. Even though the 2020 – 2021…Share
by Hockey Canada | May 12, 2021 12:30 pm
CALGARY, Alta. – Hockey Canada announced Wednesday the 28 players chosen to centralize in Calgary with Canada’s National Women’s Team for the 2021-22 season, leading up to the 2022 Olympic Winter Games, Feb. 4-20 in Beijing, China. The 28-player roster includes three goaltenders, nine defencemen and 16 forwards. It features 17 players who centralized ahead of the 2018 Olympic Winter Games, including 14 who earned…Share
by Hockey Canada | May 11, 2021 10:00 am
It may come as no surprise that someone who served his home community of Deloraine, Manitoba, for over a decade as mayor would also volunteer for his hockey community at the same time. But what is truly remarkable about Brian Franklin’s commitment to the game, is its longevity – 50 years and counting. An instrumental force in establishing the provincial Midget AAA league in 1985,…Share
by Western Hockey League | May 10, 2021 3:30 pm
Calgary, Alta. – The Western Hockey League announced today that Portland Winterhawks forward Seth Jarvis has been named WHL Player of the Week presented by Journie Rewards for the week ending May 9, 2021. Jarvis, a 19-year-old product of Winnipeg, Man., recorded seven points (5G-2A), including a hat trick, in three games played as the Winterhawks went 3-0-0-0 this past week in the U.S. Division….Share
by Hockey Manitoba | April 28, 2021 10:00 am
WINNIPEG, MB – The Manitoba Junior Hockey League (MJHL), and its 12 member organizations, are currently making all necessary preparations for the 2021-2022 season which includes full season schedule planning with multiple options. The MJHL will continue to work with Sport Manitoba, Hockey Manitoba, Government and Public Health Officials to ensure that all necessary safety precautions and guidelines are in place to commence the 2021/22…Share
by Hockey Manitoba | April 26, 2021 1:30 pm
Calgary, Alta. – The Western Hockey League announced today that Brandon Wheat Kings forward Lynden McCallum has been named WHL Player of the Week presented by Journie Rewards for the week ending April 25, 2021. McCallum, a 21-year-old product of Brandon, Man., recorded nine points (7G-2A) in three games this past week as the Wheat Kings went 3-0-0-0, clinching first place in the East Division for…Share
by Ezra Ginsburg | April 22, 2021 2:00 pm
Bert Dow has been involved with the game of hockey for most of his life and this year he led Hockey Manitoba’s Board of Directors through one of the most challenging periods in the organization’s history. Dow, 61, took over as Hockey Manitoba President on June 1, 2020, replacing Bill Whitehead who served as President for eight years (2012 – 2020). Dow previously served as…Share
by Western Hockey League | April 19, 2021 2:42 pm
Calgary, Alta. – The Western Hockey League announced today that Brandon Wheat Kings forward Ben McCartney has been named WHL Player of the Week presented by Journie Rewards for the week ending April 18, 2021. McCartney, a 19-year-old product of Macdonald, Man., recorded 12 points (4G-8A) in four games this past week as the Wheat Kings went 4-0-0-0, surging to the top of the East Division…Share
by Hockey Manitoba | April 14, 2021 11:00 am
April 14, 2021 Hockey Canada and Hockey Manitoba are pleased to announce member refund returns for the 2020 – 2021 season regarding insurance and membership fees collected. The current fee structure sees member teams assessed a team fee as well as a participant membership fee ranging from $48.65 (U7) – $95.65 (Junior A). Of the participant membership fee, the Hockey Manitoba portion is $23.60 –…Share
by Western Hockey League | April 12, 2021 3:10 pm
Calgary, Alta. – The Western Hockey League announced today that Saskatoon Blades forward Tristen Robins has been named WHL Player of the Week presented by Journie Rewards for the week ending April 11, 2021. Robins, a 19-year-old product of Clear Lake, Man., recorded nine points (4G-5A) in four games this past week as the Blades went 3-0-1-0 in the WHL’s Subway Hub Centre in Regina….Share
by Hockey Manitoba | April 12, 2021 1:00 pm
CALGARY, Alta. – Hockey Canada has unveiled the 47 players from across the country who will attend the BFL National Women’s Team Selection Camp, presented by Sobeys, April 14-22 in Halifax. Following training camps in January and March, the Team Canada coaching staff will use selection camp as the final opportunity to evaluate the players in preparation for the 2021 IIHF Women’s World Championship, May 6-16 in Halifax…Share
by Hockey Manitoba | April 1, 2021 12:15 pm
CALGARY, Alta. – Hockey Canada has unveiled the 25 players named to Canada’s National Men’s Under-18 Team for the 2021 IIHF U18 World Championship, April 26-May 6 in Frisco and Plano, Texas. Three goaltenders, eight defencemen and 14 forwards were selected by Alan Millar (Tottenham, Ont.), director of player personnel, and Benoit Roy (Sudbury, Ont.), manager of national teams. The roster features 23 players who played for Team Canada Black,…Share
by Ezra Ginsburg | March 26, 2021 11:00 am
To say that the 2020-2021 season has been challenging for everyone involved with the game of hockey in Manitoba would be a huge understatement. For River East U13 AA Marauders Head Coach Matt Betker, the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic wasn’t going to hold his team back from staying connected and creating their own path. Betker’s U13 AA Marauders practiced for five weeks and…Share
by Western Hockey League | March 22, 2021 3:06 pm
Calgary, Alta. – The Western Hockey League announced today that Brandon Wheat Kings forward Nolan Ritchie has been named WHL Player of the Week presented by Journie Rewards for the week ending March 21, 2021. Ritchie, 18, recorded seven points (3G-4A) in three games this past week, as the Wheat Kings went 2-1-0-0 in the WHL’s Subway Hub Centre in Regina. On Tuesday, March 16,…Share
by Hockey Manitoba | March 22, 2021 11:30 am
Hockey Manitoba officials can now apply for the Kenneth R. Stiles Memorial Officiating Scholarships presented by the Seaman Hotchkiss Foundation and Project 75. Scholarships are presented in both the male and female categories. Male recipients must have been part of the Hockey Canada OPEO in the past and female officials must be at minimum Level 3 certification. The below application forms outline the applicable criteria….Share
by Hockey Manitoba | March 17, 2021 2:30 pm
Hockey Manitoba is pleased to offer a virtual Developing Defencemen 1 Instructional Stream Clinic via Zoom on Monday March 29, 2021 (7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) which will be led by Andy Zulyniak, Program Coordinator for The RINK Training Centre. The Developing Defencemen clinic is FREE to all coaches within Manitoba. Certified High Performance 1 and Development 1 coaches will earn 5 PD Points for…Share
by Hockey Manitoba | March 10, 2021 2:51 pmShare
by Hockey Manitoba | March 9, 2021 11:00 am
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, Hockey Manitoba has made the difficult decision to cancel the following Spring Development Programs for the Spring of 2021: Female U13 Prospects program Director’s Cup Prospects program Rising Stars Plus program The cancellation of these programs is a full cancellation for 2021 and these programs will not be rescheduled this year. Programming for all three programs is scheduled to return in the Spring of 2022 and information regarding next year’s programs…Share
by Hockey Manitoba | March 2, 2021 10:08 amShare
Clinic Locations | BCDI in Peoria, Illinois
During a Comprehensive Clinic visit, patients are seen by the hematologist, nurses, physical therapist, dentist, medical social worker and others for an up-to-date assessment. This sensitive, family-centered approach works extremely well in caring for people, not just diseases.
For questions regarding any Comprehensive Clinic locations, please contact us at [email protected] or
- (309) 692-5337
- (877) 335-2234
Bleeding and Clotting Disorders Institute
9128 N. Lindbergh Drive
Peoria, IL 61615
Women’s Bleeding Disorders Clinic
9128 N. Lindbergh Drive
Peoria, IL 61615
Outreach Clinic Locations:
Arthur Family Health Center
525 N. Vine St.
Arthur, IL 61911
Champaign-Urbana Public Health District
201 W Kenyon Rd
Champaign, IL 61820
320 E. Central Ave.
Decatur, IL 62521
Medical Arts Building
Visiting Physician Office
527 E. Grant St.
Macomb, IL 61455
Pediatric Specialty Clinic
612 35th Ave
Moline, IL 61265
Fox River Cancer Center
1200 Starfire Dr.
Ottawa, IL 61350
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
5666 E. State St.
Rockford, IL 61108
Springfield Clinic at St. John’s Pavilion
Dr. Brandt’s Office
301 N 8th St – 4th Floor
Springfield, IL 62701
Bleeding & Clotting Disorders Institute
9128 N. Lindbergh Drive
Peoria, IL 61615
Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP) Clinics
Bleeding & Clotting Disorders Institute
9128 N. Lindbergh Drive
Peoria, IL 61615
Dental clinic “DIO”
Russia got acquainted with dentistry thanks to Peter I, who for the first time brought from abroad various devices for dental treatment. The first school, which trained dentists, opened in 1881 in St. Petersburg, and by 1883 more than 450 dentists had graduated from the school.
At the beginning of the 20th century, a lot of knowledge in this area was already collected and many scientific papers were published. More modern instruments for dental treatment began to be used, new filling materials appeared, various medicinal substances were used.At first, only men could work as dentists, but since 1875 women have also received this right.
Our clinic was opened on July 3, 2003. The area occupied by the clinic is 100sq.m. There are clinics in Perm that invest heavily in direct advertising, but the volume of advertising and its frequency do not determine the quality of services. Often, a patient who believes in an advertisement comes to the clinic and sees something completely different. It is very important for us that the attendance rate of our clinic is constantly increasing due to our grateful patients.
During this time, a professional team of doctors and service personnel has been formed. For the doctors of our clinic, of course, honesty, high quality, personal and collective responsibility.
Dear DIO team! I congratulate you Happy new 2015 year! Please accept my kindest congratulations and sincere wishes for Love, Health, Charm, Personal Happiness and Wealth. Always be as beautiful, charming and attractive as on the mysterious New Year’s Eve, when bright angels descend from the starry sky.They give us, as in childhood, Miracles, Peace, and a renewed fire of Love!
KMN doctor A.V. Kylosov himself
I express my heartfelt gratitude to the entire staff of the DIO clinic! I wish you success and prosperity. Thanks a lot for the smile!
The clinic is very wonderful, the staff is polite. My mother-in-law advised me. Doctors treat gently without pain. My husband also goes to be treated here, our family is under control! Very great clinic and staff, always clean and tidy!
Thank you for your smile! Well done, professionally, competently, without pain and beautiful!
Pole Alexander90,000 David Cronenberg’s “Star Chart” released
Loop to loop, pathology to pathology is matched by the web of a plot about a guest from Jupiter (Florida) wearing black gloves above the elbow, who came to Los Angeles to free the inhabitants of two mansions in Beverly- Hills.
In one of them, young Agatha (Mia Wasikowska), marked with a burn on her temple, moves in as the personal assistant of the actress Havana Segrend (Julianne Moore, who received the Cannes prize for this role). Havana wants to play the role of his mother (Sarah Gadon), who died in a fire in her youth in a remake of a classic Hollywood film. But he cannot get rid of her haunting ghost.
In another live Beverly Hills fashion therapist Stafford Weiss (John Cusack), his neurotic wife Christina (Olivia Williams) and their 13-year-old son Benji (Evan Bird), the naughty Bad Babysitter star who recently returned from drug treatment clinic.Benji is also worried about ghosts. Once the older sister Agatha fed him sleeping pills and set fire to the parental house. Then she went to the Jupiter Clinic, Florida.
The entire film is stitched with lines of Paul Eluard’s poem “Freedom”, which Agatha constantly repeats.
On the threshold of our house On the familiar appearance of things On a sacred wave of fire I write your name.
David Cronenberg’s intonation is, as always, icy. Each frame, filmed by cameraman Peter Sushitsky, is sterile, like in an operating room.The irony of the dialogues of screenwriter Bruce Wagner is dry and caustic. Only this is not a satire on Hollywood (where the Canadian Cronenberg filmed for the first time). And not even the work of a pathologist, the famous researcher of mutations (of which Cronenberg has been almost officially registered for many years). It’s a trip to the stars, literally. In their cosmic darkness of depression. Through the cold flame, to another planet inhabited by ghosts, slaves of glory, shadows of their own media images. Agatha, the fiery angel, returned here for a miracle of salvation, almost impossible.Otherwise, why repeat like a spell.
On all the pages read On the untouched clean pages The stone is blood or paper ashes.
On scripts written and unwritten. Limousine chauffeur Jerome (Robert Pattinson), who drives Agatha to Beverly Hills, of course, dreams of a Hollywood career, acting and writing (that Los Angeles chauffeur is bad who does not keep his debut script in the glove compartment; map “, which indicates the location of the mansions of celebrities).Agatha tries to have a romance with Jerome, but he is only interested in him as an entertaining character, whose madness can be taken on a pencil, just like the perversions and depression of the star passengers. Jerome is the alter ego of Bruce Wagner, who once started out the same way, and now provided his observations for the film adaptation of Cronenberg. But he turned the caustic Wagnerian satire of years of exposure into something completely different. Uncomfortable, frightening, dizzying, not knowing definitions and genres.
Although it may seem to you that incest is an attribute of tabloid melodrama.And the murder by the statuette of the Canadian “Oscar” – Genie Award – black humor, a real guignol.
But you just need to firmly grasp the ladder of the poem thrown into this bottomless well. From where the stars are so clearly visible, to the pain in the eyes, to the laughter and tears.
Inhabited Island vs. Starship Troopers
Presentation of the film “Inhabited Island”
– At the presentation of Inhabited Island (2008), you said two main words: “The World of Half Day”.So you left this concept behind? Will there be communism in the next 22 century? How does your World of Half a Day compare with the Strugatskys?
– These are the Strugatskys. We follow them to accept their metaphor, their rules of the game. Suppose there is some kind of ideal society. Suppose that in this ideal society people have overcome the problems of the first stage of their development. It is no coincidence that it is called “The World of Half a Day”, such a maturity of mankind. To what extent are they able to intervene in the affairs of other, not so perfect worlds, to accept their problems, troubles and nerves of the society in which the hero of the World of Noon finds himself.The Strugatskys’ book and, accordingly, the film “Inhabited Island” are about this.
But the World of Half a Day is not in the film at all. There is a person from there. A naive, strong young, physically perfect, who finds himself in this very unsettled society. All the rest of the action takes place on the planet Saraksh, which sometimes very much resembles, and sometimes has nothing to do with the Earth of today, 2008.
– Tell me please, will you need to play your favorite game with recognition of movie quotes when watching a movie? What we saw – there is, as it seemed to me, a rather expanded quote from Blade Runner, when Maxim walks through the imperial capital, it is insanely similar to Harrison Ford’s passage through Los Angeles, only much lighter.
– I’ve just read a couple of materials about the presentation, and there were three comparisons to this episode: Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome / (1985), Blade Runner / Blade Runner / (1982) , there was a third … never mind. I have repeatedly come across the fact that when we show fragments – they find quotes from George Lucas, Ridley Scott “Gattaca” / Gattaca / (1997), wherever you want. And then, when they watch the entire film (this has already happened four times), they discover that it is completely independent.There are, of course, such homages, greetings to those we love, but these are definitely not quotes.
Of course “Inhabited Island” is a film of watched, cinematographically educated people. It would be strange to take it off like the first time. We are always in a situation of monstrous choice: either to portray the discoverers in a genre that is one of the most beloved for the audience, in which dozens of outstanding films have been made, or still play a movie, try, without cunning, to say hello to those who were before, but make an independent film.In “Vedomosti” today I read: “This is a glossy catalog of quotes from world cinema science fiction.” Here is Mad Max, here is Paul Verhoeven, here is Ridley Scott …
Still from the film “Inhabited Island”
– Paul Verhoeven – do they mean Star Command / (1996)? Not very similar.
Doesn’t look like it at all. Then, I will brazenly tell you: “Inhabited Island” compared to “Starship Troopers” – just Chomolungma. From a technological point of view. There they did not know how much.
– They gave me here to hold a Saraksh machine gun, they explained that it had an AK-74 inside it, and everything else was already hung on it. Who drew all this? Who made these tanks? How did all this happen?
– You know, this is a very interesting story. Over time, we will make a book in which we will compare the primary drawings and what has already happened on the set. At first, Kirill Murzin painted, in the credits he is called a concept artist, and then several production designers – Novikov, for example – developed specific details, translated it into material.We didn’t build it, but it was already deployed to the specifics.
I was tempted to show a great cut that would kill everyone. But I thought, “Well, six months before the film. You have to be very careful, and then what to show?” And then, heightened expectations are created. I’m afraid of that anyway.
– Yes, expectations are very high.
– It should be so. But even from this material, you understand that, at least technologically, it is at a very high level – no weaker than any film from those that we just remembered.The whole world was drawn, then it fell into the hands of the doers, film professionals who had already worked with Fedor. In general, the whole world is directly related to Bondarchuk. He loves all this very much. He does everything, from clothing design to all mechanical things, from the smallest gadgets to large vehicles. It’s very detailed. Fedor knows infinitely well all the materials, all the names, he has a very clear idea of this. He paints the scenery himself! And you will not see bullshit anywhere, there is no plywood.
What is the main story? We need to create a virtual invented world so that it does not cause you to doubt its reality, so that you can trust the heroes, love or not love, sympathize and experience. Just for fun: there are several dozen models of umbrellas. A well-developed system of all stripes, stripes, insignia of different types of troops. This is not interesting to anyone, of course …
Still from the film “Inhabited Island”
– No, no, science fiction is a movie for boys.Just for the maniacs who will pay attention to it and discuss it on the forums.
– Well, yes, since I myself am like that, I paid attention to this, for me it is very important. I’m not talking about Fedor at all, he is a man of the smallest detail.
– What is the work on now? You said that she was left for just six months.
– We edited the film, settled on a two hour version for the first film and an hour forty five for the second. It is very dense, there was much more material.This version is very close to the book, not only in letter, but also in spirit. Now we are doing the editing of the international version right away. It is clear that no one there wants to watch two films, although there are those who wish, primarily in Asia, in Turkey, for example. They are ready to show two films. But we look forward to renting in other countries, and we are trying to make one version. It will run for three hours. We dream of making 2.45, we don’t know how yet. There is also an important drama that works by accumulation. Maxim, guided by the best intentions, constantly faces insurmountable obstacles and discovers a new turn for himself, is disappointed, comes to discouraging conclusions.If we remove one of the links, the turns of this spiral, the film can become more primitive, flatter. The painting works very well in this accumulation. The whole film is perfectly perceived in retrospect, in the finale. Well, we dream of 2.45, also, by the way, difficult timing, but what can we do.
We are currently working on CGI. Almost everything is ready for the first film.
– What is there? Explosions, fire?
– No, it’s all live. You saw something at the presentation.
– What, and when the tower explodes, is it real pyrotechnics?
– Yes.Everything you watched – not a single CGI. Even an atomic explosion, even a tank attack.
– What, even the tanks are not multiplied?
– Well, there will be one plan where there are thousands of tanks – they will be remultiplied. But there are many tanks. There is such meat, we can make a film without CGI at all, get off with a couple of frames. And do not forget, this is happening on Saraksh, where the world is inside out, there are different atmospheric conditions, this is such a bowl. This will all be processed.
– That is, there will be a distorted horizon everywhere, as in the novel?
– Yes.The second is robots in the forest, this is also CGI. Although wedges jumping out of the ground – they are “alive”. Then, the general plan of the city – CGI, the real imperial capital. The fall of the ship and the views of space, of course, too. In some places, there will be neat additions that we need for compaction.
– At the end of last year, Konstantin Ernst told us that billboards and TV spots to promote the film no longer work. You told us about the same yesterday. What other ways are there?
– With today’s volume of films competing at the same time, with all their advertising, positioning a film to be different is very difficult.I tried to formulate two things. The first is impudent: there are films (I am speaking only from the point of view of distribution), different, there are wonderful, there are not very successful ones. And there is the “Inhabited Island”. We made an event. And secondly, we need to try in any segment, in outdoor or on television, to convey the feeling of an unprecedented project in terms of scale and convey a sense of the world. Not an outdoor structure in general, but a special outdoor structure, a special TV advertisement.
“Clinic of Dr. Gruzdev”: modern recipes for youth
For thousands of years people have been looking for a way to preserve their youth.For example, in the remains of Cleopatra and Nefertiti, scientists have discovered the finest gold wires. This led the researchers to assume that the legendary queens of Ancient Egypt resorted … to thread reinforcement! Of course, since then, thread lifting technologies have significantly changed and today they are more and more confidently competing with plastic surgery. Denis Gruzdev, surgeon, dermatologist, cosmetologist, president of the Society for Specialists of Medical Thread Technologies (OSMNT), was one of the first to develop methods of thread implantology in Russia.Today, the network of premium-class medical centers “Clinic of Dr. Gruzdev” not only uses advanced thread technologies, but also offers exclusive techniques.
Frame of youth
For 15 years, a team of highly qualified doctors under the leadership of Denis Gruzdev not only successfully carries out dozens of anti-aging procedures, but also improves existing technologies (the clinic even created a training center for specialists in the field of non-surgical rejuvenation).The clinic offers a full range of cosmetic procedures, however, thread implantology remains the leading direction, the interest in which has only grown over the years. This is not surprising: taking into account modern ecology and the rhythm of life, it is often necessary to think about the prevention of aging after 25 years. Of course, not everyone is ready to go under the knife for the sake of rejuvenation. The thread lift offers comparable results with a much more gentle treatment. The effect of the threads is noticeable right away: after the procedure, the quality of the skin improves significantly, tissues sagging with age are tightened, wrinkles and “flews” disappear, eyebrows are raised, a clear oval returns.At the same time, traces of intervention are practically not visible, recovery proceeds quickly (on average 1–5 days), and the risks are much lower than with the same circular tightening. The effect of thread lifting lasts 3-5 years, and sometimes it turns out to be prolonged, up to 7-9 years.
The center works only with certified products from the world’s leading manufacturers. The clinic presents all types of threads (textured, smooth, absorbable, etc.). This allows doctors to create a unique “beauty cocktail” by selecting the optimal combination of threads for each individual patient.In addition to the generally accepted one, the clinic has its own classification of threads, created by Denis Gruzdev. According to her, threads are divided into three categories.
– Biostimulating – trigger natural rejuvenation processes. Within 2-3 months after the installation, the skin becomes more elastic, fine wrinkles disappear, and the complexion improves.
– Reinforcing – create their own collagen framework. Further tissue prolapse ceases, a moderate lifting effect appears, which intensifies over time.
– Lifting – eliminate ptosis. The maximum tightening effect is immediately noticeable.
However, the author’s classification is far from the main know-how of the clinic. For 15 years of practice, Denis Gruzdev has created several unique techniques that have no analogues in any other center of the country.
Gruzdev’s Loop is a special scheme for tightening the skin and soft tissues of the lower third of the face. The technique is based on a unique arrangement of threads under the skin, due to which the correction of the oval, nasolabial folds, eyebrows and double chin looks more distinct.This increases the total area of fixation, which allows you to work effectively even with large faces and heavy tissues. The procedure takes 30-60 minutes, has an immediate effect and a high degree of stability of the result in comparison with other thread lifts.
“Gruzdev’s Hammock” is so named for the shape of the thread structure, which resembles a strong hammock that supports the submandibular zone and is fixed in the area behind the auricle. Long non-absorbable sutures maximally tighten and firmly fix tissues that have sagged with age in the submandibular region.The fastening features reduce the load when turning the head, so that displacement and deformation of the threads does not occur. One procedure – and you can forget about a visit to a plastic surgeon for the next 7-10 years.
Double Lift , or lifting the lower third of the face with various types of threads, is, in fact, a combination of a double “loop” and a double “hammock” with two additional fixation points. The technology gives a clearly defined oval of the face, effectively copes with the “wings” and recreates the ideal line of the neck.The use of an additional set of stretching sutures allows you to maintain the effect, even if the patient is significantly gaining weight. The procedure takes about 2 hours, guaranteeing a rejuvenating effect for 10-15 years!
SoftLift is another author’s method of complex step-by-step rejuvenation. Its uniqueness lies in the fact that in one procedure it is possible to solve several large-scale problems. The result is achieved due to the combination of threads of different structure and material.
In addition to thread implantology, the clinic is also actively developing areas of injection and hardware rejuvenation, laser cosmetology, skin care, body shaping, etc.The multifunctional Israeli platform InMode is also a real gem of the hardware cosmetology unit. At the moment, in St. Petersburg, she is represented only in the “Clinic of Dr. Gruzdev” *. It is no coincidence that InMode is called a breakthrough in the field of aesthetic medicine: thanks to interchangeable attachments, one device is able to solve many problems, including eliminating wrinkles, lifting tissues, correcting a double chin, improving the quality of the skin (increasing its density and elasticity). But do not forget that the success of any procedure primarily depends on the specialist.Therefore, you should trust your beauty exclusively to professionals, in whose favor many years of experience and happy smiles of patients speak.
* According to the information of the Clinic of Dr. Gruzdev as of the date of this writing.90,000 Old mansion seen hundreds of star pets The old mansion has seen hundreds of star pets. Photo: Natalia Nechaeva, Vechernyaya Moskva
In summer, veterinarians have a hot time: pets walk on the street, get sick more often, and get an appointment more often.Our correspondents looked into the pre-revolutionary mansion on Tsvetnoy Boulevard (Meshchansky District). Here, in a house with cats on the roof, one of the oldest veterinary clinics in the city is located.
On every meter – images of animals: sculptures and mosaics, paintings and photographs, and in the yard – a huge rhinoceros. They bring excursions here, they write articles about this House with Cats, which itself looks like a work of art – and here you can also encounter singers, actors and circus performers.
The head of the clinic, who has been irreplaceable since 1990, does not see the difference between “star” and ordinary animals: they are all beloved patients for him. For each pet and its owner, the honored veterinarian of Russia, the doctor of the Circus on Tsvetnoy, a true devotee of his work Sergey Sereda will find his own approach and an affectionate word. It is probably for this reason that he has many friends among both.July 27, 2019. Sergei Sereda (1) has been working with the circus since 1990, he also had a chance to work with Yuri Nikulin (3, center, right – Sereda).In the clinic on Tsvetnoy (4), animals are not only at the reception, like this iguana (5): sculptures and statues (cat Dusya – 2, rhinoceros – 6) were donated by grateful visitors.
Rhino and Goose
A small outbuilding in the backyard of the Circus on Tsvetnoy resembles a branch of a museum: the courtyard is decorated with a sculptural composition of a rhinoceros and a goose, and the entrance is a showcase with old medical devices.
“The fact is that our clinic is visited by many creative people – sculptors, artists and collectors who give us such gifts,” Sereda smiles.- Here, for example, is the monument to the cat of the writer and TV presenter Yuri Rost.The foundling cat Dusya was the mistress of all creative evenings of the writer. Photo: Natalia Nechaeva, “Evening Moscow”
He shows a small figurine of a cat with the inscription “Dusya” adorning the wall at the clinic’s reception.
“The sculptor made two copies of it,” he says. – One at Rost, the other at me.
The foundling cat Dusya was the mistress of all creative evenings of the writer.
“All the people gathered around Rost loved this cat,” explains Sereda.
Just below the cat – a figurine of a dog with a “triangular” muzzle.
Sergey explains: – We put it here a month ago. This is the work of the sculptor Andrey Nalich, who called it “Sereda the Dog”, but you can also call it the other way around: Sereda is a dog! In the queue for the reception, you can meet public figures who bring and bring their pets. Grigory Gorin with his American Spaniel, and Yuri Nikulin with the Giant Schnauzer Dan, and Larisa Golubkina with a Yorkshire Terrier once sat at this reception…
– Larisa lives next to our clinic, when she meets me on the street she may ask me: “Doctor, do you remember me?” And when at the reception I offer her to skip the line – she refuses! – Sereda throws up his hands. – A very delicate person.Veterinary clinic on Tsvetnoy Boulevard. Photo: Natalia Nechaeva, “Evening Moscow”
Clinic – Gallery
Along a narrow spiral staircase, which would delight connoisseurs of antiquity, sea wolves and bell ringers in temples, we go up to the attic, to the director’s office.I walk in and gasp: there is probably no such collection of art objects even in the office of a passionate collector. Sculptures, figurines, portraits, installations – and everything about animals! Among the papers on the table, a telephone set from the beginning of the 20th century looks organic and, oddly enough, modern – I bought it at one of the European flea markets, says Sereda. And the figurines were donated by the patients.
“I just love art,” says Sergei Vladimirovich. – I buy a lot, my friends give something. Many of our patients’ owners become friends, and since there are many creative people among them, we have developed our own community.Sometimes we hold theater evenings and exhibitions right in the courtyard of the clinic.The courtyard is decorated with a sculptural composition of a rhino and a goose. Photo: Natalia Nechaeva, Vechernyaya Moskva
Such meetings attract many visitors. At the same time, all proceeds from ticket sales traditionally go to charity, and targeted: help people with disabilities, orphanages, hospices. This is Sergei’s principled position: after all, at first, when the clinic had just opened, and that was in 1990 (on the basis of the former station for the fight against animal diseases, which existed here since the last century, there was a circus dormitory in the wing before it), there were not enough funds.And the veterinary care in Moscow was not only not established – it was practically nonexistent.
– We became the first private veterinary clinic, – says Sereda. – The first years we lived from hand to mouth. Spun as best they could, collaborated with film studios. All the money was invested in development. I remember asking friends for a loan to buy an ultrasound machine.
Sereda put a lot of effort and energy into ensuring that assistance to animals was provided efficiently, in a timely manner, so that both the owners and the pets were treated with respect.It is difficult to overestimate the results of his public work. He is also the author of the ideas of the national veterinary award “Golden Scalpel”, awards “Aibolit” and “Veterinary Cross”, the initiator of the Moscow International Veterinary Congress.
All this time, Sereda has not left her job in the circus on Tsvetnoy, and not because of money – a veterinarian cannot earn much money in a circus – but, as they say, out of great love. He was lucky to find Yuri Nikulin as director of the circus.
“I am sure that nowhere are there such conditions for the work of veterinarians as in the circus on Tsvetnoy Boulevard,” the doctor says.- When the building was reconstructed, Nikulin gathered veterinarians and asked what they need for comfortable work. We made a list that included an examination room, a quarantine isolator, and a rest room for doctors. All this was taken into account during the renovation and is still functioning.
Two chords for Tobik
One wall of the attic is decorated from top to bottom with photographs of “star” visitors. Here are Lyubov Polishchuk, and her husband – sculptor Sergei Tsigal, a close friend of Sereda, and Vitaly Solomin, and Alla Pugacheva.
“We were friends with Alla Borisovna for many years,” says Sereda. – She’s a dog lover. She was very fond of bassets, one of them, Tobik, became the first Pugachev dog I met.Photo: Natalia Nechaeva, “Evening Moscow”
Then, in the eighties, a white Mercedes drove into an ordinary Moscow courtyard for him: Evgeny Boldin, at that time the singer’s husband, picked up the doctor and took him to Tverskaya, where Pugacheva lived. In the apartment he was most often met by the housekeeper, Aunt Musya, with Tobik in her arms, but sometimes the hostess herself was at home.
– To lure Tobik out from under the sofa, Alla Borisovna had to go for a trick, – the doctor recalls. – She sat down at the piano, played a few chords – and the basset instantly materialized in the living room.
And the most interesting visitor to the clinic, Sereda believes, was Mick Jagger. While on tour in Russia, he picked up a dog on the street and turned to Sereda to help examine it and prepare documents for departure to the United States.
In memory of this visit, Sergei Vladimirovich hung Jagger’s autograph on the wall.
But the most important thing in the veterinary clinic is, of course, not objects of art or autographs, but doctors. And Sergei Vladimirovich selects them seriously – he needs not only professionalism, but also fire in his eyes, a desire to make this world more beautiful in every sense of the word: Sereda is a great esthete. But those of them that have passed the selection, join the veterinary fraternity and save the lives of our younger brothers every day. And they, in turn, often save ours – if not lives, then souls for sure.
Circus performer, cat trainer
I sometimes have 20-30 cats at home.I take care and clean up after them. There is nothing complicated about it. You need to be careful with a cat, because even after a rude word, she will consider you a traitor. My whole life is built on love for cats, and they feel it. You just need to treat any animals with warmth and affection. Cats have no doubt that they are the owners of the person who cares, feeds and caresses them, and not vice versa. This is a myth, but it must be supported by all means.
In the clinic on Tsvetnoy, Alexander Zakharova, Arkady Arkanov, Vasily Lanovoy, Victoria Tsyganova, Vitaly Solomin, Vladimir Zeldin, Galina Brezhneva, Garik Sukachev, Dmitry Pevtsov, Evgeny Leonov, Igor Irteniev, Igor Kio, Lyudmila Bronevitskaya, Leonid Yarmolnik, Margarita Terekhova, Maria Golubkina, Mark Zakharov, Nikolai Fomin, Oleg Yankovsky, Sergei Yursky, Edita Piekha, Yuri Durov, Yuri Nagibin, Yuri Nikulin, Yuri Senkevich and many others.
In the clinic on Tsvetnoy live cats – full-time mouse catchers. All veterinarians and employees love animals, keep them both at work and at home – sometimes several.
Post Views: 1 203
The descendants of the front-line soldiers entered the mortal battle for human life and won – Rossiyskaya Gazeta
On the morning of April 2, news broadcasts on federal TV channels began with live broadcasts from Blagoveshchensk, where rescuers were fighting a major fire in the heart surgery clinic of the Amur State Medical Academy.At the same time, open-heart surgery continued on the first floor of the building. The surgeons could not interrupt, this would automatically lead to the death of a 61-year-old patient.
Everything ended well – the fire was extinguished, coronary artery bypass grafting was completed, the patients and the medical staff were evacuated. Nobody was hurt, even the expensive equipment was saved.
My colleagues in their reports in hot pursuit repeated amicably: a miracle had happened.
I flew to Blagoveshchensk a month and a half after the emergency, in order, together with the participants in the events, to try, in a calm atmosphere, to find an answer to the question whether only luck was the reason for the happy outcome.
The head physician of the clinic, Alexander Korotkikh, who performed the operation, the cardiac surgeon Valentin Filatov, and the deputy head of the Ministry of Emergency Situations in the Amur Region, Lieutenant Colonel Konstantin Rybalko, who was in charge of extinguishing the fire, came to one conclusion …
Head physician Alexander Korotkikh. Photo: Vladimir Nordvik
CHIEF ALEXANDER KOROTKIKH: there was a slight confusion, about thirty seconds
– Did you have any premonitions, Alexander Vladimirovich?
– No feeling of anxiety or anything similar.Quite the opposite. I became the chief physician of the cardiac surgery clinic on February 4 of this year, two months before the emergency, and, of course, I aimed only at the positive. I got in the know, outlined where to start, built a strategy, wanted to carry out licensing in certain areas – endocrinology, gynecology, urology, was going to develop new technologies that are poorly represented in our country …
And on April 2, all plans collapsed.
I am a native of Blagoveshchensk, I grew up here, graduated from school, a medical academy, but left ten years ago.First, to residency in Khabarovsk. I studied there, worked for three years. They began to offer work. In Vladivostok, St. Petersburg and Tyumen. I chose the latter option.
– At first I was going to Vladik, then I thought about Peter. It is certainly a beautiful city, but expensive for a young specialist. After all, it was necessary to rent an apartment, to live on something.
And Tyumen was just right in 2016. Came, looked, and liked everything. New branch, good equipment… For several years he has earned a good reputation as a cardiovascular, endovascular surgeon. Everything went to the fact that I would become the head of the department of the regional clinical hospital No. 2, but they invited the head physician to Blagoveshchensk, and I decided to return. As they say, where he was born, he came in handy there.
Our clinic, I repeat, is a university clinic. The rector Tatyana Zabolotskikh was told about me, they say, a guy from the locals. I flew here in December 2020, discussed all the points. Well, I think we have to agree. He took his wife Dasha, son Misha, Spitz Ponchik, collected seven cubes of things, put the car on an auto transporter and – go ahead.In the sense – back to the small homeland.
Was here on January 25, 2021. Within a week I took over and started working.
– Is it too early to become a chief physician at 34?
– Before me, the clinic was headed by Evgeny Sergeevich Tarasyuk. Now he is the head of the regional hospital. And he was appointed to the clinic at the age of 29. Very talented!
– How many people do you have under your command?
– Relatively few – 120 people. About forty of them are doctors.We provide planned high-tech medical care, perform complex operations that are inaccessible to regional or city hospitals.
– And your house is old.
– Yes, the main building was built in 1906. Former prayer house Molokans. Do you know who this is? Followers of Spiritual Christianity. In Russia they were persecuted for a long time, so they fled to the outskirts of the empire. The Molokans were very rich, they did everything to their conscience and they built such a luxurious house.
And the cardiac surgery clinic was created by our outstanding fellow countryman Yaroslav Kulik.He actively introduced innovative initiatives for those times. At the level of the Soviet Union. Then Yaroslav Petrovich’s students worked here.
– But you thundered all over the country thanks to the fire.
– Yes, they say, they say, the finest hour has come … I don’t even know how to react. We did our best to evacuate patients and help the operating team as much as possible. I was in my office when the doctor Alexei Anatolyevich Tomkin called: “We have smoke.”
I ran out into the courtyard, there were already workers of the economic service, the watchman called the firefighters by number 112.I went to the doctors in the staff room, I say, this is the situation, we are not busy, we calmly take out patients, we are starting the evacuation.
Andrey Klyuchkin was lying on the operating table at that time. Photo: Vladimir Voropaev
People with limited mobility were taken out, at the exit they were all counted. It was cool outside that day, and some of the people were sent to the medical building, where it was warm. I instructed the chief medical officer to contact the regional hospital to prepare places for the heavy. One person was in our intensive care unit, he was immediately transported.Then – fifteen more patients who required observation. And at the same time, we were monitoring the operating room, where the surgeons continued to work …
We de-energized the building in the very first minutes, connected a backup generator. Firefighters deployed their power, although they could also be powered by ambulances.
– Was there a panic?
– Slight confusion. For thirty seconds, then everyone mobilized, acted harmoniously.
I have little experience in extinguishing household fires.Parents live eighty kilometers from Blagoveshchensk, they have a house. Once my father and I went to get firewood, and the back of a truck caught fire. The paint quickly flared up, we did not immediately notice, we were going, and oncoming cars honked to us. They looked around: priests, the board is on fire!
We stopped, ran out of the cab, let’s put it out. The fire extinguisher was not enough, the men from the braked car gave up their plus with snow and began to throw snow. Fortunately, it was winter …
Once we were resting at the dacha. I already lived in Blagoveshchensk.A neighbor was cleaning the site, and her grass broke out. The fire literally spread along the ground! We piled up together and coped quickly.
In a word, and on April 2, the hope flashed that the hearth was small, the smoke did not go too much at first. We went up to the attic, saw an open flame, and then, maybe, there was a short stupor from the series “Yes, damn it, it’s bad.”
Chief Physician Alexander Korotkikh: this is how it was in the operating room and around it. The picture from the operating room, of course, was taken in a different place and at a different time: on April 2 there was no time for filming.Photo: Vladimir Voropaev / “Amurskaya Pravda”
They began to wait for professionals. Or rather, do not wait, but do what is supposed to be done. The evacuation of the walking patients took six minutes, and the same amount for all the others.
When the first phase was over, I went to the operating rooms. In the burning building we had two – a small one and a so-called open one, where coronary artery bypass grafting was performed. First I went into the X-ray operating room: there was an angiograph with which you could not do anything with the electricity turned off.I explained the situation to the surgeon Shepelev, asked: can you finish the operation? Alexander Andreevich replied: “Yes, we have just started, put in a catheter, performed an angiography. Now we will clean everything up.” They stopped painlessly.
I did not go into the open operating room in order not to violate sterility. The head of the intensive care unit Viktor Nikitin had a telephone, they contacted him and warned him that we were cutting off the electricity. The new equipment can operate autonomously on battery power for up to half an hour.
The next question is an oxygen supply station.To eliminate the threat of an explosion, it was necessary to turn it off. There was an oxygen cylinder in the operating room just in case. Viktor Nikolaevich says: “I am switching to him.” I made sure that everything worked out, and cut off the station.
The operation was performed by both of our cardiac surgeons. Alexander Sergeevich Filippov, my classmate at the institute, assisted that day, and was led by Valentin Viktorovich Filatov. He is younger, 29 years old, acting head of the department.
Filippov and Filatov always work together.
The picture from the operating room, of course, was taken in a different place and at a different time: on April 2 there was no time for filming.
– Now you need to speak in the past tense.
– Why? Already on April 7, we resumed operations in the second building, where there is a small operating room and there are twenty beds. We deployed a mini-intensive care unit there. Yes, this is an emergency option, but rhythmological, small vascular surgeries are underway.
I would like to note the team, the people in extraordinary conditions have worked great.Not only doctors, but also employees of support services. Economists and accountants, along with firefighters, removed expensive equipment from the burning building. We saved everything! Ventilators, functional diagnostics, anesthesia and respiratory, bedside monitors, computers … It costs a lot of money.
It started raining that day. As if nature was crying over what happened.
– Have a drink in the evening of a hard day?
– I didn’t want to. I came home, my wife poured literally twenty drops of cognac at dinner, I say: “No, I won’t, I’ll go to bed.”I was terribly exhausted, fell on the sofa and passed out.
– What’s in store for the building?
– While mothballed, then reconstructed. I think it will take a year and a half. The departments of the Academy will remain here – endovascular surgery, X-ray surgery, cardiology, and a new building will be built for us. The decision has already been made. Three operating rooms, seventy beds. As it was. This is quite enough to provide qualified assistance. We are trying to create something functional and beautiful for the area we have allocated…
– It turns out that there is a silver lining?
– How to say. It could have been built without a fire. We would have worked quietly here, and then moved to a new location.
Of course, the emergency drew attention to the clinic. An acquaintance called me on the same day and said: “If everyone survives, this is one way. And someone dies, well, then … as it goes.” We all survived.
– Did the rewards find heroes?
– The Governor of the Amur Region Vasily Alexandrovich Orlov presented certificates.
We also went to Moscow to record a TV show on Channel One. So to speak, a minute of glory. Elena Vasilievna Malysheva called me on the day of the fire, expressed her words of support and invited me to her program. Four of us flew – surgeons Alexander Sergeevich Filippov, Valentin Viktorovich Filatov, anesthesiologist Stanislav Vladimirovich Fuks and myself.
It seems that there should be state awards. I don’t know which ones, but the documents were submitted. The rector wrote a presentation for ten people – the operating team and me.The coordination takes a long time, probably a year or more. Although, maybe, in our case, they will issue it faster.
– Do you have order bearers in your family?
– The sister’s husband is a military man, he was awarded. Father – holder of the Order of the Miner’s Glory, III degree. He works as an excavator at the Erkovetsky coal mine. Has been working since 1985. True, he calls himself not a miner, but a miner, since mining is carried out in an open pit, in a quarry.
If you dig deeper, you must name the grandfather on my mother’s side, Anatoly Panteleevich Kobtsev.He was born in 1934, in the war, as a boy, was wounded in the stomach, then raised virgin soil in Kazakhstan, graduated from the highest party school in Khabarovsk, worked as a secretary of the district committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union in the Konstantinovsky district of the Amur region. He has many orders and medals.
… You know, I’ll tell you this: the awards are very important, but the main thing is that the patient from Fevralsk, who was operated on during the fire, is all right. For this we are working, no matter how pathetic it sounds.
– Have there been fatalities in your practice, Alexander Vladimirovich?
– Each doctor has his own cemetery.Alas, this cannot be avoided. In the second year of my residency, I got a job at the department of vascular surgery in Khabarovsk. There were ten shifts a month. People were brought to us with knife wounds and firearms. Then he worked as an X-ray surgeon, treated patients with heart attacks, strokes, subarachnoid hemorrhages … In ninety percent of cases, these were emergency patients, severe …
– Can you get used to death?
– Difficult question. I remember my first death well.I was 27 years old and the patient was the same. He was stabbed with damage to a large number of blood vessels, and he was brought in late. We carried out an emergency operation, we did everything we could, but did not save. And it was very difficult.
In such a situation, the help of an older, more experienced colleague is important. The head of the department supported me, said: “Alexander Vladimirovich, don’t worry. It happens like that for everyone …”Firstly, the person has already lived, and secondly, these are really serious pathologies. And when a peer dies, and you understand that there were still some chances …
Talk to the hematologists from the children’s departments. That’s where the real hell is! They treat little patients, many of whom are doomed to die. And they die almost every day … I could not work there.
You know, when the tragedy happened in the Kazan school, I could not find a place for myself for a day. He came into the office and began rearranging the furniture, sorting out some papers in the table.So it was in 2004 after Beslan. At that time I was still composing poetry, writing something like a requiem, splashing out emotions on paper.
It’s hard to get used to death. My wife is a resuscitator-anesthesiologist, I see how she worries every time … But we ourselves chose this job. And I don’t want another. Every morning at eight o’clock I’m on duty. And I’m almost always the last to leave.
I will definitely continue to study science, I got carried away by it as a student. I hope to defend my Ph.D. thesis this year. The work has been written for a long time.I publish in scientific journals every year. Many people complain about the pandemic, and I am very happy with 2020. Firstly, Dasha and I had a son. Secondly, we bought an apartment in a building under construction.
Thirdly, despite COVID-19, I operated on a lot. Really a lot! And, fourthly, during the time of self-isolation, he managed to write ten articles for foreign magazines. I sat at home and worked, worked …
I graduated from school in the village of Varvarovka, where no one thought that I would become a doctor. I have by nature a physical and mathematical mindset, so everyone thought that I would go to a physics and mathematics or a lawyer.
– Did you study well?
– Gold medal. The second in the history of the school. My sister became a silver medalist a year later. So she learned to be a lawyer. We tried very hard to please our parents. Our family is simple: mom is a labor teacher, dad is an excavator …
– I think the last story added to the family reasons to be proud of you.
– It is not my personal merit that no one was killed or injured. They say, they say, a miracle helped us. I don’t think so.If a fire broke out, and a heavy downpour began or thick snow poured down, which would extinguish the fire, we could say that we are lucky. But this did not happen. Everything was done by people – doctors and firefighters. If it is a miracle, it is done by our hands.
This is my opinion.
Cardiac surgeon Valentin Filatov. Photo: Vladimir Nordvik
CARDIAC SURGEON VALENTIN FILATOV: By saving the patient, we saved ourselves too
– Have you had more difficult operations than on April 2, Valentin Viktorovich?
– From the point of view of cardiac surgery – yes.Coronary artery bypass grafting is not the most difficult open heart surgery. But I haven’t worked in such extreme conditions before. And I hope I never will again.
– Do I understand correctly that you are the youngest in that operating team?
– Now I’ll try to figure it out … Yes, everyone, including the middle and junior medical staff, is older than me. But we are guided not by age, but by more important criteria – competence, knowledge, skills.
I was an operating surgeon, Alexander Sergeevich Filippov assisted.We all worked together – the anesthesiology team, perfusionists, nurses, orderlies … Heart surgeries are not done alone.
– When did they start calling you by name and patronymic?
– Only uncultured people can call out to the doctor: “Hey, you! What’s your name?” They usually speak with respect. After all, since 2018, I have been acting as the head of the cardiac surgery department.
– From the age of twenty-six?
– Well, yes, they appointed early. Probably deserved by his work…
Many great people made the main discoveries in life in their youth, and then they became academicians and Nobel laureates. I think the most fruitful time is up to thirty, maybe thirty-five. Then the experience leaves its mark, and the ambitious plans of a person, his searches gradually fade away.
– Do you have doctors in your family?
– Cousin uncle forensic scientist. Mom worked all her life as a nurse in a polyclinic. I come from the Aldan region of Yakutia.In 2009 he graduated from school in the city of Tommot and decided to go to medical school. I chose where to go – to Novosibirsk, St. Petersburg or Moscow. Then there was the illusion that they teach better in the capitals. Well, I understood in time: standards and programs are the same everywhere. Stopped at Blagoveshchensk. Still, closer to home – one and a half thousand kilometers, not so much by Far Eastern standards. There are many people from South Yakutia in the Amur Region. Without any stress, I entered the medical business, in 2015 I graduated with honors from the faculty.Then there was a clinical residency at the Federal Center for Cardiovascular Surgery in Khabarovsk. After that I came back here to work.
– Let’s remember April 2.
– Normal working day. We started with five minutes for doctors, then went to the operating rooms. Fourteen operations were planned, most, of course, had to be canceled. When the roof caught fire, we could not interrupt – the main stage of shunting was in progress. Not the case to say: “We postpone and postpone until tomorrow.”There were no options left.
Of course, we are living people, and after the news of the fire all sorts of thoughts crept into my head. Rescuers immediately announced that everyone needed to urgently evacuate. We needed at least an hour to complete what we started. They asked the firefighters to help. And they gave a chance. By and large, the success of this operation is their merit.
As a result, we got an additional twenty minutes and finished everything according to any standards. We worked as quickly as possible, but not at the expense of quality.This is not a leg or an arm, open heart surgery does not tolerate mistakes.
– You will probably remember the patient for life?
– I will definitely not forget the name: Andrei Anatolyevich Klyuchkin, now a pensioner, in the past – an employee of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, served first in the police, then in the police. He was very surprised when, after the operation, he woke up in another hospital. He was transported under anesthesia to the regional hospital and only a few days later they said what had happened. At first, Klyuchkin could not believe what had happened, and then he thanked the entire brigade.We guided Andrei Anatolyevich until his discharge. He has been at home for a long time, periodically calls, reports on his health. Everything is fine with him.
Although, of course, the story could have ended differently, not so rosy. In the operating room, we did not fully understand the scale of the disaster. They did not see the fire, they only felt the smell of smoke. And then they went outside, and, as they say, a chill ran down my spine. It was a great miracle that there were no injuries or deaths.
– So it’s a miracle after all?
– Of course, everyone in their place has worked conscientiously – both the firefighters and the clinic staff, but I think this should not be the case in peacetime.Let the investigation figure out how this became possible. Now is not a war, you cannot risk the lives of people out of the blue. What if there was some kind of mistake by the rescuers or an unfortunate coincidence of circumstances? It is unlikely that we would be sitting here with you now and talking …
I repeat: everyone who was involved in the evacuation and rescue behaved competently. But we are not taught how to act in such cases. Of course, they prepare for various emergencies, but not for open-heart surgery in a real fire.Colleagues acted harmoniously, no one panicked. There were, of course, experiences, but they worked clearly.
– How did your relatives know?
– As soon as the opportunity arose, I called and reassured. The list of missed calls and unread messages was long. He answered deep into the night. And this went on for more than one day. To be honest, I’m tired of attention. I have to work, no one canceled the operation. Didn’t feel like a hero or a star. As a doctor, he remained. Got fifteen minutes of fame and that’s enough.
Morally this is a heavy burden. Out of habit, it turned out to be difficult to contain the onslaught of the media. Everyone wanted details, exclusives. “Be specific about your feelings.” What feelings? I operated on a person and thought: I would like to finish as soon as possible, before the ceiling collapsed on my head or we were hit by carbon monoxide. Replaying that situation every day – what good is it?
– How many transactions are on your account?
– I do not conduct such arithmetic. Probably more than three hundred.Again, the issue is not quantity, but quality. I would like to do complex operations, provide high-tech assistance, and this requires resources. It all comes down to federal funding. The person himself will not be able to pay for the operation, this is a lot of money. Therefore, the state introduced quotas. For comparison: in the federal center of cardiovascular surgery in Khabarovsk, five thousand high-tech operations are performed a year, while we have three hundred. Although they could have been more. Opportunities, desire, skill are …
And there are a lot of patients.We have to send them to other regions.
– Why are you still acting, Valentin Viktorovich?
– You yourself asked about the age. Probably, it also seems to others that I am still young to lead the department; Probably, there are some formal criteria for approval in the position, but this does not bother me too much, the prefix does not interfere with my work. Since 2018, I have been listed as acting and I will stay again, since I decided so. Although, in theory, this year should already be approved.
– A successful operation during a fire only plays into your hands. Winners are not judged.
– In Russia, you often need a trigger, a push to get off the ground. They begin to stir after the tragic episode. I don’t know why. Maybe the mentality is to blame. It is unfortunate, in fact.
After all, on April 2, saving the patient, we saved ourselves. And they could have died. You won’t feel the same carbon monoxide …
Relatives meet Andrey Klyuchkin (left) after being discharged.Photo: Vladimir Voropaev / Amurskaya Pravda
– Were you offered gas masks?
– I have already said: first of all, the rescuers asked us to leave the premises. Then they explained that they would try to minimize the risks. When the burning smell intensified, face masks with mini oxygen cylinders were brought. Fortunately, they were not needed. We were provided with everything we needed. To prevent smoke from penetrating, the firefighters deployed special means, but as a result, my clothes stank of smoke for another three weeks, although I washed them several times.Very persistent odor.
Of course it’s stressful. Like I was inside a Hollywood action movie. You look at the screen – and it’s scary, but then I myself got into the thick of things … I didn’t prepare myself for such tests. Definitely! Even, as they say, I did not see it in nightmares. Yes, I knew that the building was old, we were always taught, warned at the briefing, told about fires in hospitals, all sorts of checks came, but I did not think that this could happen to us!
G. Krizhevsky. Nurse.
– Have you discovered new qualities in yourself?
– I didn’t expect that I would be so restrained. The rescuers amazed me: how they throw themselves into the flames, how much they are taught sacrifice. It’s very scary.
– Is it easier to be a doctor?
– Probably yes. We are also constantly in tension, under pressure, but this is different. Doctors worry about the patient’s life, and rescuers and their own are endangered. A completely different level of responsibility.
I couldn’t do that…
Deputy Head of the Regional Emergencies Ministry Konstantin Rybalko. Photo: Vladimir Nordvik
REGIONAL EMERGENCY HEAD KONSTANTIN RYBALKO: They did not let the flame seep down
– Is there always a place for feat in life, Konstantin Viktorovich?
– In the case of professional rescuers – every day. This is our job, an integral part of it.
– But you know what they say: often the feat of some is the carelessness of others.
– I agree, and it happens.Someone overlooked, but we need to fix it … Basically, I deal with fires, and one of their main reasons is personal carelessness, careless handling of fire, lack of basic skills and knowledge among people.
– What happened at the heart surgery clinic?
– Investigative actions are still being carried out, the cause of the fire has not been established. Several versions are under consideration. The fire occurred in the attic, where unauthorized access was impossible. There are no stationary stairs outside the building; the only entrance from the inside was locked with a key… Most likely, electrical wiring closure, the human factor is excluded. Although the building is old, it is a hundred years old, but it is stuffed with modern medical equipment, which means a lot of additional wiring, electrical cables …
– Why did you personally go to the call?
– In accordance with the job description. I have to take an active part in fighting fires. I always try to go out to evaluate the actions of subordinates, point out shortcomings, see the work from the inside and outside, from all sides.
– Did you take over the management of the extinguishing?
– Yes. Then the first deputy head of the main department of the Ministry of Emergency Situations for the Amur Region came, and we jointly managed the process …
– How much is it from you in a straight line to the place of emergency?
– Kilometer. We left immediately after receiving the call, five minutes later we were there. The roof was burning with an open flame, there was nothing unusual in this, I was surprised to learn that a man was lying on the operating table.
– Has this happened to you?
– Never. But similar actions were practiced. A week before the fire in the cardioclinic, we conducted a planned training session at the children’s regional clinical hospital and discussed with the head physician what to do if an operation was performed at the time of the fire. We are constantly raising these questions.
In emergencies, disaster medicine specialists are always called in. So four cars arrived at the burning clinic to evacuate serious patients.One remained in the operating room, so it was decided to organize further extinguishing of the fire in such a way as to save both the patient and the building. Excessive spillage of water was limited, extinguished with foam – compression, air-mechanical. To avoid strong smoke, fire exhausters were deployed. A messenger was placed inside, who conducted a dialogue with the doctors at the operating table. We have prepared compressed air devices and self-rescuers, they provide a person’s breathing for half an hour even in a smoky environment.They were specially brought.
The fire was extinguished by six cars, the burning area was decent – 1600 square meters. At some point, the pressure in the external fire-fighting water supply system dropped. Gorky Street, where the clinic is located, was closed just the day before for major repairs. We have just connected to the hydrant, the water interruptions began. I had to take it at a considerable distance from the place of the fire, pull the sleeves, put the machines in pumping to each other …
But this often happens, it rarely does without linings.
– No, everyone worked professionally, harmoniously. Both firefighters and medics.
Judge, what luck in the fire? The fire spreads instantly. He left the partition in one place and jumped out in another. You need to see it in time …
Experience, of course, and skill. The flames were not allowed to seep down, they did not allow water to flow into the operating room, and victims were avoided. So there is a result.
– You, Konstantin Viktorovich, are more than half of your life in the fire service…
– Yes, twenty-five years. It happened. I came by accident, stayed forever. Sucked in.
Initially, I graduated from agricultural technical school and was always drawn to technology. At fourteen, my father gave me a moped, at sixteen he gave me his motorcycle. Then we got a heavy “Dnepr” with a sidecar, a “Moskvich” car, the 21st “Volga” … And in the army I served as a driver.
He returned and was advised to contact the fire department. I lived near the 1st part of Blagoveshchensk, literally five hundred meters away.He came as a neighbor and is still here. He started as an ordinary firefighter, was a squad leader, assistant, chief of the guard, headed a unit, graduated from two academies in absentia, various advanced training courses …
– What is your most difficult fire?
– There were many different … Two years ago, “Mercury”, a small shop, also a cultural heritage site, was on fire. The fire from the roof moved to the second floor, there was a threat of spreading to neighboring buildings. The roof collapsed, fell a meter away from me, I almost suffered.It was unpleasant.
– To put it mildly.
– You don’t notice this in a fever. Well, she fell and fell. Then, when you have cooled down a little, you realize everything, you start tossing up with nervous tremors …
Therefore, I celebrate February 17, 2019 as my second birthday.
– Medics were nominated for state awards. For them, they will be the first, and you, I see, have orders all over your chest.
– There are few.
– What did you give?
– The medal “For the rescue of the perished” was awarded in 2000 for a home for the elderly and disabled.I was still the squad leader.
We drove to the place, and there is strong smoke on the second floor. I was given the task of getting up and organizing the evacuation of people. We went together, in violation of the instructions. The three of us were supposed to go, but an unauthorized trainee went with us. There was no time to wait for reinforcements – they announced an increased rank of the fire. We arrived first, well, together, and went up to the second floor …
I still see a picture: an old veteran crawls on all fours, looking for a way out, loses orientation in the smoke and moves to a dead-end part of the building.We picked him up, carried him out … That evening, together, we dragged seventeen people out into the street. They passed from hand to hand and ran back.
– Who was your partner?
– Alexander Romanovsky. He still works as a driver for a specialized fire and rescue unit.
That fire was one of the most difficult – both psychologically and physically. It is difficult to bear people on yourself. They took them in their arms and ran into the street. Again – in violation of the instructions. They were supposed to work in pairs – to go in and out together, to insure each other.But if you did everything together, how would it end? Someone could get hurt or even die. Therefore, they wore one at a time. Fortunately, the old people turned out to be thin, and we were younger, stronger.
Counting for seconds. Photo: RIA Novosti
– Why was the medal “For courage in the fire” given?
– Malinovka station in the Novobureisk region, 2010. The descent of the oil-laden train followed by the ignition of the tanks. I headed a specialized fire and rescue unit, I was sent to the place of emergency.Because of the threat of an explosion, it was necessary to constantly cool the tanks … The village stood right next to the railway line. If it burst, there could be trouble. Everything worked out.
– Have you ever had any injuries?
– There were burns, the most severe – the defeat of 25 percent. The face was under the mask, the hands were burned through the leggings, the skin was coming off. He broke his tibia after falling from the roof. Nothing more serious. Fine!
You know, I’m embarrassed to talk about my medals. My great-grandfather Vasily Isidorovich Vozheiko was a hereditary machinist, awarded the Order of Lenin.He was the first to run a steam locomotive in a tunnel under Amur in 1941. He died in Lithuania in February 1945. He was sent to the front as part of the 46th steam locomotive brigade. Delivering cargo, was hit by an air raid, the train was bombed …
– Were at the grave of your great-grandfather?
– Not yet. It took a long time to write inquiries, and I received archival documents only at the end of last year. I knew this story from my parents.
Another grandfather, Fedor Ivanovich Rybalko, fought with the Japanese in 1945. His awards have survived.
So I have someone to be proud of.It is important not to drop the raised bar.
You know, I just told you that in many ways I accidentally chose the profession of a firefighter. Came and stayed. But many newcomers leave, sometimes after two or three months. Cannot withstand stress and strain.
– Do you ever turn off your mobile?
– Deleted. Even at night or on vacation. If I don’t call for a long time, I start to worry if everything is in order with the connection. And I have only one number, I do not divide calls into personal and business calls. Must be on duty around the clock.There is no other way. Our work is like this …
Blagoveshchensk – Moscow
Who is who in the clinic
Dr. Cox’s scathing comments, Grater’s basketball pounding, a drop of sweat rolling off Ted’s bald head, Kelso’s devilish senile squeak, Carla’s fiery Spanish speeches, Elliot’s nervous chuckles, JD’s voice clouded by another fantasy, the inexplicable death threats of the Cleaner For icy Jordans … fans of the series, all this is not just sounds, but the notes of screen bliss, melodies that have touched the deepest fears, worries and dreams forever sunk into the soul.And if you are one of those who now do not have nostalgic creeps and an uncontrollable smile on your face, you are in luck! One of the best sitcoms is sure to catch your heart and make it fly an eagle! Hop on the nine-season love train and meet its prime crew.
Dr. Kelso: Are you an idiot?
JD: No sir, I’m a dreamer!
Full name: John Michael Dorian
Position at the time of the first season: GP intern
Nicknames: Bambi, Newbie, My Girl, Doctor Zero, Lady Dorian, Bore Whiner, Whiner Whiner, Butt Whiner , Eclair
JD is the main character of the series, the narrative is conducted on his behalf, and his crazy fantasies interrupt scenes of hospital life.By the way, JD’s fantasies are very different: either the battle between the leadership for the patient’s life without insurance turns into a Jedi duel between the light and dark sides of the force (well, who did not refer to Star Wars?), Then the audience is suddenly transported to a shelter , where you can choose not a fluffy friend for yourself, but a grandfather to your taste.
And JD perfectly visualizes all speech clichés like “heavy load fell off” or “head explodes.”
JD is an incurable optimist.Even in the most difficult moments, inevitable in medical practice, Dr. Dorian does not allow himself to be discouraged for long. Pink glasses for this guy are not a permanent accessory, but sometimes JD proudly puts on this life-affirming device and brings joy and light to everyone around him. And if someone in the “Clinic” strives to save not only lives, but also broken hearts and traumatized souls, then it is he – JD. Excessive emotionality, pathos and the desire to find a hidden meaning in everything are also important qualities of Dr. Dorian.
P.S. And yes, JD is afraid of escalators, collects scarves, believes in unicorns and the kindness of Dr. Kelso, but that does not mean that something is wrong with him!
JD: I didn’t mean to do this … But I’m returning your pencil. The pencil you gave me on my third day of work. You handed it to me like a little yellow rod, as if to say: JD, you are young, you, JD, my student, you are like a son to me, JD.
Coke: Which pencil?
Turk: I am the smartest and most experienced surgeon in the clinic.
Patient: Yes? You are stuck in a vending machine.
Turk: … I paid for the chocolate, I will get the chocolate!
Full name: Christopher Duncan Turk
Position at the time of the first season: Surgical intern
Nicknames: Gandhi, Chocolate Bear, Turkleton
Turk is practically Terry Crews from the “Oldspice” commercial: this male can do anything.Christopher is JD’s best friend, and in their bromance, Turk has the role of a testosterone dominant. He is responsible for his love of sports, for instant success with women, for male callousness and the desire to restrain his feelings. While J.D. lies in the bathroom with a pink towel on his head, Turk bangs a ball on the court or is saturated with the wisdom of the alien Alpha, sitting on the couch in the same family.
Turk: I’m already surrounded by some girls! You, Easy, Elliot …
Carla: And who else?
JD: Greetings! What is this program, something new?
Turk: Dude, this is a sports channel!
Turk is a first-class dancer, entertainer and master of bowling with wheelchair patients.
And he never gives up: nothing in the face of death, but in front of Kelso and Cox themselves. The only one who does not obey Terk is Karla, the love of his life. The guys meet in the first episode of the series and from the start they turn into the healthiest cell of the show’s society.
Dr. Cox: Someone, amputate the crap out of her head and transplant it to me – get some rest.
Full name: Elliot Reed
Position at the time of the first season: GP intern
Nicknames: Darling Barbie Dr.Blonde
Elliot Reed is like Robin Scherbatsky for Ted Mosby or Rachel Green for Ross Geller: in any sitcom there should be a beauty with pocket cockroaches for the protagonist. The relationship between this obsessed perfectionist and J.D. is starting to get tangled since their first meeting in the first episode of the first season, and throughout the series, the viewer will be either passionate about their reunion, or dreaming of one of them being hit by a bus.
What do you need to know about Elliot besides the fact that she left Ted Mosby at the altar for her ex and speaks beautiful German? She is neurotic with low self-esteem, claustrophobia, bacteriophobia, phobiophobia and a complete lack of tact.
But in his time free from panic attacks and accidental insults of other people, Elliot is a wonderful, responsible doctor and a loyal friend.
Karla: What, your first day, Bambi? Karla will take care of you.
Full name: Carla Espinosa
D Position at the time of the first season: head nurse in the general therapy department
Nicknames: those who risk coming up with a nickname for Carla are instantly patients of the clinic
A dark-skinned and passionate fairy godmother of the entire hospital.Karla heals with one kind look, and her hands, hardened by caring for thousands of patients, never tremble. Karla is a master of support, she is sensitive and responsive, empathy is generally her superpower.
The other side of Carla’s magic is the ability to put in place all sorts of skinny white asses and cleverly parry any attack. Karla is so good at this that she is not even affected by Dr. Cox’s sarcastic charms.But what is really there, even the Cleaner is afraid of her!
Karla’s mother also has one more superpower – to know everything and about everyone: on a hospital scale, Karla would give Varis a hundred points head start. Karla would probably have made friends with Lily Aldrin: both tend to keep unbalanced beauties in their best friends, both are friends and cohabit with their boyfriend’s best friend (only Lily tolerates swords on the wall, and Karla is a stuffed dog named Raudi), both have their own ideas about justice and correctness, both are patient and sympathetic, and most importantly, both get along well with their Inner Goddesses and generously give everyone in need advice, especially if no one asked for it.
Carla: I love pulling with sex. You know, when a man wants so long that he no longer believes. That’s when they lose the will to live, then I put him down.
Dr. Cox: This may not be the answer you wanted to hear, but, as always, I don’t care!
Full name: Percival Willis Cox
Position at the time of the first season: Senior Physician
Misanthrope, alcoholic, hater of Hugh Jackman and Sandra Bullock, founder of the “Nobody cares” award.Cox’s actor John McGinley got the role of Dr. Perry through vicious moral pressure from all the other candidates. On the screen, Dr. Cox does the same for a significant part of the time – terrorizing his charges, his boss, his patients and himself.
Dr. Cox is a professional, experienced physician and workaholic. Therefore, the creators of the show especially brutally demonstrate the cost of a medical error on it, in order to once again prove that even the best are mistaken.Several particularly dramatic episodes with Perry’s wrong decisions can bring the most impressionable to tears and will certainly be remembered by most viewers for life.
Jordan, Cox’s ex-wife, brings a very special, incomparable charm to the series.
Jordan: I feel so vulnerable that anger and hatred chokes me.
Each of their meetings is an absolute delight, a feast of sarcasm and passion, the poison in the scenes of their communication splashes in all directions, risking to corrode the accidental poor fellow with acid.The relationship of this couple is wonderful, and any Disney princess would envy their thermonuclear love.
Dr. Cox: After the divorce, you came to take my self-respect? Honey, I have terrible news for you – I gave everything to your mother when she begged me to marry you.
Jordan: Yes, I still wouldn’t have a place in the box of war trophies. Your eggs are there.
Dr. Kelso: You think I became the head physician because I was late?
Dr. Cox: No, Bobo, because you sucked at some and beat others on the sly.
Dr. Kelso: Possibly, but I started at exactly eight.
Full name: Robert Kelso
Position at the time of the first season: Head Physician
Bob Kelso is one of the most difficult characters in the clinic. A grandpa with the face and smile of a serial killer could well have become the star of some psychological horror, but at the same time, Bob Kelso kills the employees of his hospital with indifference, prudence and indifference.Due to Kelso’s obsession with money and insurance, Dr. Cox is actively spreading the legend that the head physician is the devil.
Dr. Cox: Hmm …
Dr. Kelso: What’s the matter?
Dr. Cox: I was just wondering how you manage to comb your hair without showing the horns?
Dr. Kelso fought in Vietnam, he loves sweets (“The one who stole my cupcake will clean the green villi from my teeth!” Spiritual Mariana Trench – Robert is a very kind person.The death that Bob has to face every day throughout his professional career taught Kelso to be a necessary evil – the one on which all the horrors, injustices and grievances of life are hung. In fact, Kelso, for all his sins, is almost a righteous man who cares about the welfare and prosperity of the clinic at the cost of his reputation and universal hatred.
Dr. Kelso: There was only one vacant seat, and I gave it to a rich guy because he gives money that we will spend to open an obstetric department.
Dr. Cox: The thing that scares me the most is that you can look at a guy who just signed his death warrant without even worrying.
Dr. Kelso: And I’m not here to worry.
Cleaner: Gentlemen, I don’t want to sound selfish, but we quickly put all our business aside and listen to me!
A psychopath with a mop chasing JD.Almost nothing is known about the personality of the Cleaner, but what is known, one wants to forget. This is especially true of the secret in his closet.
In the clinic, the Cleaner enjoys Dr. Cox’s special affection – they are united by a common, strong feeling of dislike for J.D. And the Cleaner is very influential among the non-medical staff, and, as a real leader, he is able to rally around himself a variety of people and ignite the fire of unhealthy anarchism in them all.
The janitor looks like an evil brownie in his attempts to annoy the inhabitants of the clinic, and most of his dirty tricks, of course, are aimed at Dr. Dorian.But it also falls on others.