Store Locator – Face Off Australia
Customers please note that these stores stock only a selection of Face Off Clothing. Items and sizes stocked will vary from store to store so please contact individual stores for specific garments.
If you stock Face Off in your store and would like to be listed, please contact us at [email protected] and let us know.
Shop # 1117
Fountain Gate Shopping Centre 352 Princes Highway
(03) 9796 6388 PUNKROSE FOUNTAIN GATE
SHOP 1117 FOUNTAIN GATE S/C
352 PRINCES HWY
FOUNTAIN GATE VIC 3805
PH: 03 97966388 PRETTY FIT (OAKLEIGH CENTRAL)
SHOP # 10
CENTRO OAKLEIGH CENTRAL S/C
STATION & PORTMAN STREET
OAKLEIGH , VIC ,3166
PH:03 9569 4901PHUONG LAN FASHION
166 VICTORIA STREET
ABBOTSFORD , VIC , 3067
53 PERCY STREET
PORTLAND , VIC , 3305
PHOEBE ANGEL CITY
SHOP LG 32
MELBOURNE , VIC,3000
SHOP 64 WENDOUREE S/C
WENDOUREE, VIC , 3355
CENTRAL LAND (AIRPORT WEST)
SHOP # 52
GIRL RULES P/L (C. T. LANE)
CORNER NEAL & STATION ROAD
DEERPARK ,VIC ,3020
383 Argent Street, Broken Hill
(08) 8087 2855Gypsy Doll 106 Lyons Road, Drummoyne NSW 2047 (02) 9181 1992 Dare to be Scene 72 Pine Avenue, Leeton NSW 2705 0408 429 301 Odyssey Jeantown 10 Carrington Road, Marrickville NSW 2204 (02) 9559 7188 One Honey Boutique PO Box 337, Mascot NSW 1460
WESTERN AUSTRALIALA Clothing Fashion 227 Hannan Street, Kalgoorlie WA6430 (08) 9021 1922 Designer Fashion Outlet 840 Wellington Street, West Perth WA 6005 0412526564
SOUTH AUSTRALIAUptown Girl Pt Augusta 40 Commerical Rd, Port Augusta SA 5700 (08) 8641 1764 Lula Blu 3/77 Osmond Road, Eastwood SA 5063 0404079844 Sparkles 30 Kingston Ave, Richmond SA 5033
Shop 2017 Westfield Marion S/C
S. A 5046
Westfield Tea Tree Plaza
Shop 3A/82 Hanson Road
14 Barwell Ave
QUEENSLANDBackstreet Clothing Shop 21 Valley Metro
230 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley Brisbane 4006 (07) 3854 1493 www.backstreetclothing.com.au NEW CALEDONIA BCS Import Noumea, New Caledonia (687) 773534 Grains De Foile Noumea, New Caledonia (687) 773534 Sun & the City 10 rue Jules Garnier, Galerie Port Plaisance 98000 Noumea, New Caledonia (687) 237083 COOK ISLANDS Cook Islands Trading Corporation Ltd Maire Nui Drive, Avarua Rarotonga, Cook Islands (682) 22000 TASMANIA
BEC’Z TOWN N COUNTRY CLOTHING
46-48 EMU BAY ROAD
DELORAINE, TAS 7304 Pashh Shop 19/19 Rooke St, Devonport Tasmania 7310 (03) 6424 4289
An Ode To The Coolest Pants In High School
There was no ’00s fashion phase more painful than the pants that girls used to wear to high school, more specifically: Face Off pants.
If the name doesn’t ring any bells, I’m referring to the pants that came in school colours like black, navy and grey and were basically skintight. So tight that you could almost always see your underwear line through them, and they fell so long and flared so wide that they basically covered your shoes.
It was a real unique ~look~ that became synomous with being one of the ‘cool girls’ at high school. Just the memory of them gives me dark flashbacks.
After some googling, I was a little shook to realise that the brand Face Off still exists and they are indeed still making school pants. God save all our souls.
Let’s revisit the unique high school fashion statement that was Face Off pants:
This was the classic style:
I personally rated the kind that came with two tiny front pockets. It really brought some sophistication to the whole ensemble.
There were also ones with the side buckle and a pendant. Still totally fetch.
Then there was the more basic style that were honestly just super tight yoga pants. These left absolutely nothing to the imagination.
The brand also made jeans and guess what pants everyone would wear on the days we didn’t have to wear our school uniforms? FACE OFF JEANS.
These pants were inescapable.
Let’s not forget that Face Off also made totally cute school skirts. The kind that blends in enough with the school uniform but is basically the same as any mini skirt you’d get from Supré.
As an avid dress and skirt wearer, I can see now that wearing those skintight pants to school everyday actually put me off wearing pants for life.
I just don’t need to be triggered like that.
Thanks for the memories, Face Off pants. You really weren’t appropriate for school but I won’t hold that against you.
Men’s UA Launch 7″ Run Your Face Off Shorts
Rated 5 out of
These shorts are incredibly lightweight and comfortable to run in. I do 5 miles a day on average and these don’t ride up or cause chaffing. Plus, the pattern/design is super cool and reflective making them great for those late night or early morning runs
Date published: 2021-11-03
Rated 5 out of
Great product would buy again! Thank you underarmour
Date published: 2021-09-04
Rated 5 out of
Eric W from
These shorts are just what a runner needs!
These shorts are stylish and lightweight. They have good breathability and are neither “too short” or “too long”. The pockets are deep enough to comfortably hold running gels or keys, although you don’t want to put anything too heavy in the pockets. The design allows you to add some fun to your runs.
Date published: 2021-09-01
Rated 5 out of
Excellent in super hot weather. The iso chill keeps me cooler than I expected.
Date published: 2021-08-30
Rated 5 out of
Very comfortable shorts
These shorts were exactly what I was looking for. The side inserts give me the extra room I need in my thighs and the design and color were very unique. I did get the black and lime green color.
Date published: 2021-08-24
Rated 5 out of
Prefect for long runs
Love how they look and fit, good for a nice run , stays fresh and cool
Date published: 2021-07-08
Rated 5 out of
I got these because they looked cool and honestly went great with a pair of shoes I have. Once I put them on they were soft comfortable kept me cool, even got wet while in the bikers walk and was driver before I even realized it. I would recommend these to anyone who is interested in them.
Date published: 2021-06-30
Rated 5 out of
Drip Too Hard
Incredibly lightweight, very stylish, great fit, and work well for a variety of activities besides running!
Date published: 2021-06-24
Face/Off (1997) – John Travolta as Sean Archer
[Troy and Archer see each other for the first time with each other’s faces]
OOOEEEE, you’re good lookin’! You’re hot!
[cocks his head]
It’s like looking in a mirror, only not.
Now that is between us. OK?
But you were, were, uh. ..
In a coma? Nothing like having your face cut off to disturb your sleep! Read the newspaper lately?
[shows him a newspaper article headlined “Deadly Inferno at Walsh Institute”]
You killed them?
Yeah well, beats paying the bill, huh? I mean, come on, uh, if a face lift costs five grand. ..
[shows Archer’s wedding ring on his hand]
… SEE ANYTHING YOU LIKE?
[Cut to a shot of Miller, Dr. Walsh, and Tito, all bound and gagged, being doused with gasoline]
[feeling a lump forming in his throat]
[In flashback, a hand drops a lit cigarette in a puddle of gasoline that quickly spreads towards the captives]
I torched all the evidence that proves you’re you, okay? So, wow! Looks like you’re going to be in here for THE NEXT HUNDRED YEARS! Now, I have got to go. I’ve got a government job to abuse and a lonely wife to fuck! Whoops did I just say that? I’m sorry… make love to! God, I miss that face!
[throws his hands around Castor’s neck and tries to strangle him]
Sponge Bob Square Pants S 8 E 4 Frozen Face Off / Recap
SpongeBob’s Frozen Face-Off
Original air date: 7/15/2011 (produced in 2010)
Everyone competes in a worm-sled race for one million clams, but it turns out to be a ploy by Plankton to get the Krabby Patty secret formula.
“SpongeBob’s Frozen Face-Off” contains examples of:
- Bad Omen Anecdote: Mr. Krabs turns out to have already encountered the vicious Abominable Snow Mollusk currently terrorizing them all long ago as a young captain in the Navy. SpongeBob assumes he defeated the monster single-handedly, or at least managed to pull off a daring escape, but in fact, not only did Krabs and his Navy-crew get eaten whole, they had to wait to come out of the monster the old-fashioned way…
- Big Damn Heroes: The Abominable Snow Mollusk appears to save SpongeBob and his friends from Plankton’s grease trap.
- Big “NO!”: Mr. Krabs shout one after Karen turbo boost!
- Braving the Blizzard: The episode focuses on SpongeBob and his friends trying to get through a frozen wasteland.
- Chekhov’s Gunman: The Abominable Snow Mollusk initially shows up to menace the gang in the snowy wasteland, but returns near the climax to save them from Plankton’s grease trap.
- Danger Thin Ice: Squidward wanders onto a frozen lake, which cracks under his weight, freezing him in a block of ice.
- Eaten Alive: Mr. Krabs tells a story about how, back when he was in the Navy, he and his crew were eaten by the Abominable Snow Mollusk. This happens to Plankton at the end after the monster mistakes him for a jellybean.
- Eye Scream: Patrick’s eyes have icicles sticking out of them at one point.
- Growling Gut:
- This happened to Mr. Krabs’ worms, causing them to snarl and attack Mr. Krabs.
- This happened to SpongeBob too, after talking about his empty stomach.
- Harmless Freezing: Squidward gets frozen in a block of ice and remains that way for most of the episode. This eventually also happens to SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, Gary, and Karen, leaving Sandy to try and thaw them out.
- Here We Go Again!: Squidward says this word for word after Plankton escapes the Chum Bucket with the formula and the group has to chase after him.
- Kansas City Shuffle: Plankton had organized the snow race so he can have the entire town distracted while Plankton steals the secret formula.
- Kick the Morality Pet: Plankton was perfectly willing to deep fry Karen, his own wife, alongside the rest of the heroes.
- Made of Indestructium: The safe containing the formula. until it breaks apart via Plankton splitting an atom.
- Medium Blending:
- The Abominable Snow Mollusk is animated in stop-motion.
- A live-action nuclear explosion (like the one from “Dying For Pie”) is seen.
- Meat-O-Vision: Sandy sees SpongeBob as a sponge kebab at one point.
- Mistreatment-Induced Betrayal: Karen chooses to side against Plankton in the end out of anger for him leaving her to freeze in the blizzard.
- Non-Standard Character Design: Unlike everyone else who is animated traditionally, the Abominable Snow Mollusk is animated in stop-motion.
- Oh, Crap!: After countless attempts to open the ludicrously durable safe fail, Plankton snaps and starts trying to tear it apart with his bare hands, “bit by bit (tears a tiny chunk of the safe in two)! Molecule by molecule (snaps a cartoon molecule in two)!” But then. .. “Atom by atom! (snap-in-two)” Plankton realizes his mistake right before we’re treated to live-action footage of a nuclear explosion Which does finally open the safe.
- Oh, No… Not Again!: Squidward says this after he falls in a lake while avoiding the Abominable Snow Mollusk, and ends up frozen in a block of ice.
- Running Gag: Squidward falling into cold water and being frozen solid.
- Skewed Priorities: Mr. Krabs abandons SpongeBob and the others to venture through a blizzard on foot in order to finish the race and win the prize money for himself.
- Sled Dogs Through the Snow: With the exception of SpongeBob (who uses Gary, his pet snail), everyone competing in the race uses worms (of some kind) to pull their sleds.
- Something We Forgot: After escaping the Abominable Snow Mollusk, SpongeBob realizes that Squidward’s missing and they have to go back for him.
- Two Lines, No Waiting: SpongeBob and his friends try to finish a sled race through a frozen wasteland while Plankton tries to break open the safe containing the secret formula.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: None of the other contestants who were competing in the race are seen or heard from again.
- Would Rather Suffer: After Mr. Krabs abandons the sleigh and takes off by himself, he says “I’d sooner swallow a jellyfish than share the winnings with y-” right before a jellyfish flies into his mouth and stings him.
Face Off Clothing Promo Codes & Discount Codes November 2021
Go To Face Off Clothing
Love sharing and saving? Then you’ll love with Face Off Clothing coupons. Get 10% off-90% off with active Face Off Clothing Discount Codes Coupons this November – Face Off Clothing Deals & Offers will be updated daily at ozcouponscode.com, you will never miss it.
Active Face Off Clothing Discount Codes, Promo Codes & Deals for November 2021
Expired Face Off Clothing Coupons
10% Off Deal for Face Off Clothing
Don’t miss this great discount from Face Off Clothing: 10% Off Deal for Face Off Clothing. No promo code or voucher code required. Shop Now and Save with Face Off Clothing discount codes & vouchers.
50% Off Eligible Purchase
No discount code or voucher code needed to enjoy the amazing 50% Off Eligible Purchase. Click on “Get Deal” for discount prices at Face Off Clothing. Shop now and get unbelivable discount on huge range of products.
Save 40% at Face Off
Take advantage of fantastic discounts&deals at Face Off Clothing! Shop today and enjoy Save 40% at Face Off. This is a discount you simply can’t miss! Refer to faceoff.com.au for offer details.
50% Off Eligible Order
Enjoy this great offer:50% Off Eligible Order today. No need to add any voucher code & discount code when you checkout to redeem the deal. Go to faceoff.com.au for detailed information.
Face Off: 63% Off Sale
Take advantage of fantastic discounts&deals at Face Off Clothing! Shop today and enjoy Face Off: 63% Off Sale. This is a discount you simply can’t miss! Refer to faceoff.com.au for offer details.
Save 40% at Face Off
Save your money with the aid of this amazing promotion:Save 40% at Face Off. Make your cost less while shopping at Face Off Clothing. No discount code or voucher code required to avail the discount, order now.
40% Off Sale
Get this discounted sale promotion: 40% Off Sale. Click through to save more money when shop at Face Off Clothing. No waiting now. The discount code or promo code or voucher code are not needed to avail this wonderful discount.
Discount Offer: Save 30%
Fabulous discount offer: Discount Offer: Save 30%. Grab fantastic discount on your purchases at Face Off Clothing. No discount code or voucher code required. Choose from you favourite selected items.
Discount Offer: Save 40%
Discount Offer: Save 40%. Get instant savings with this special offer from Face Off Clothing. This is a discount you don’t want to pass up! So claim yours today before the stocks last. Shop today! No discount code needed.
10% Off Deal for Face Off
Save big when you shop at Face Off Clothing with the help of this fantastic deal: 10% Off Deal for Face Off. Visit Face Off Clothingand know more best discounts near to you. Shop now!No voucher code,promo code and discount code needed to be applied.
Coupons for Face Off Clothing Related Stores
James Charles and Kylie Jenner Had an Unintentional Style Face-Off
Kylie Jenner and James Charles have a few things in common. For one, they’re both makeup moguls — with Kylie owning the massively successful Kylie Cosmetics and James being one of the most successful beauty YouTubers. They both love getting all glammed up in wigs, over-the-top outfits and makeup looks to match. They’ve also teamed up for a few videos together. Oh, and they even wear matching outfits from time to time!
On July 9, James posted a snap of himself in a very Kylie-like look, complete with a long bronde wig, cropped white baby tee, and light wash jeans with laced up silver chains on the sides — a very ’90s meets early ’00s meets 2020 vibe that we often see Kylie rocking on Instagram on the daily.
But wait! Kylie actually did wear a pair of (at least very similar) lace-up jeans in a now-expired Instagram Story. Though at first glance Kylie’s pair appear a bit darker, this can be due to the lighting in Kylie’s vacay pics. Per a Kylie fan account, the jeans that brought Kylie and James to an unintentional style face-off seem to be from brand EB Denim. They are a pair of reworked vintage Levi’s 501 with chain detailing that currently retail for $275.
Like James, Kylie paired her jeans with a crop top, though she opted for a very ’90s-style striped turtleneck top with a cutout to show off her orange bikini top, which matched her orange Prada bucket hat. Kylie finished off her look with silver bangles, chunky silver earrings, and a white mini backpack, whereas James kept it simple in white sneakers and just a few silver bracelets. So who wore it better?
Not surprisingly, this isn’t the first time James and Kylie have had a twinning moment. Earlier this year, James went full Kylie in an Instagram post, rocking a super long brunette wig and a brown patterned top and pant set. As for his makeup look, he opted for a subtle glam and feathery lashes — very Kylie, if you ask us. “2 can play at this game @kyliejenner,” James wrote in his caption, making it obvious that he’d been dressing up as his pal.
We think these matching moments might mean it’s time for a new (socially distanced!) video installment from James and Kylie, don’t you?
Let us slide into your DMs. Sign up for the Teen Vogue daily email.
Want more from Teen Vogue? Check this out:
90,000 taking off your pants is . .. What is taking off your pants?
- take off pants
- take off pants
leave in one shirt, ruin, let with a bag, leave one shirt, leave without a shirt, let it go around the world, strip to the thread, take off the last shirt
Dictionary of Russian synonyms.
See what “take off your pants” in other dictionaries:
The fourth season of the SpongeBob SquarePants animated series – aired from May 6, 2005 to July 24, 2007. This season also has 20 episodes. # Released Title Summary 61 May 6, 2005 Fear of a Krabby Patty After Plankton’s trick, Krusty Krab … … Wikipedia
How to shit – so take off your pants – About untimely actions, disruption of the normal course of events . .. Dictionary of folk phraseology
ravage – Destroy, destroy, devastate; bring to poverty, let it go around the world; upset the state.See … Dictionary of synonyms
CHECK AT RAPPORT – For forty years now, as a favorite duty of law enforcement officers. Under P.N.R. they do not force them to take off their pants (see THE PANTS WILL FALL), but offer to breathe into the tube. Moreover, not everyone, but only drivers. In Russian already … … Big semi-explanatory dictionary of the Odessa language
strip to the thread – take off the last shirt, rip seven skins, rip like sticky, rip like a squirrel, rip a skin, rip two skins, rip two skins, leave one shirt, leave in one shirt, rip three skins, leave shirtless, rip off, tear … … Glossary of synonyms
leave without a shirt – let it go around the world, take off your pants, let it in with a bag, leave it in one shirt, strip to the skin, leave one shirt, take off the last shirt, ruin the Dictionary of Russian synonyms . .. Dictionary of synonyms
to send around the world – See … Dictionary of synonyms
ROCKING OUT – ROCKING OUT nonsov.(Sov. KNIFE, nyus, nishya), without additional. Take off your pants, undress (usually naked). Why are you rasping, it is not Africa (cold) … Dictionary of Russian argo
get cracked – get cracked; nonsov. (Sov. KNIFE, nyus, nishya), without additional. Take off your pants, undress (usually naked). Why are you rasping, it is not Africa (cold) … Dictionary of Russian argo
Daddy’s daughter – Daddy’s daughter … Wikipedia
- Take off your pants and run, Margarita Yuzhina.What to do? Some rich spouses died at their dacha … from hunger, and the waitress Zina Korytskaya is forced to investigate the cause of such a strange death. Ask: how frightened Zina should … Read more Buy for 149 rubles e-book
Margarita Yuzhina. Take off your pants and run
How much retail teeth?
In a sweet doze, he languidly rolled down the sagging sofa and almost landed with his head.When he was born, he tried not to fall like that, somewhere he heard that the head is a vital organ. So he shook himself, sat up and stared blankly at the floor. A cheerful fly was crawling along the floor, cheerfully rubbing its paws and preening. I had to wake up. Quite recently, a new woman moved into their communal apartment, she urgently needed to be charmed, for the lady, her name, it seems, was Zinaida, worked in a food establishment, she always smelled of goodies, and, in a successful scenario, she could feed him only meat delicacies.And in fact, already tired of porridge and thin soups, and, by the way, from the room of a neighbor constantly smells of meat, cheese and fish, of course, not some capelin, but sturgeon itself! It means that we must immediately fall in love with this same Zinaida! It won’t be difficult for him. And then …
– Citizen Waitress! Hey, on the balcony! You seem to be called Zinaida ?! So, they stole a chicken from your pan! – came from the next window a disgusting malevolent voice.- You are deaf, or what ?! I say, you brought a chicken home from your restaurant yesterday, I suppose it was stolen, and so, you stole it right from the pan!
Zinaida Korytskaya, a woman with two braids (in the common people, “mouse tails”), diligently pretended not to hear any voice. She was busy – frowning, grunting and oohing, but with tweezers she steadfastly pulled out the hairs on her legs. Beauty strongly demanded sacrifice. And even not so much beauty itself (Zinaida considered herself attractive enough), as bad circumstances.The thing is that the restaurant “Flying Saucer”, where Zinaida Korytskaya has been regularly working as a waitress for seventeen years, was bought by a new owner – a young nimble old man Ushanin Gleb Borisovich – and immediately began “revenge in a new way.” First of all, he boldly invited young girls, no older than twenty-five, to the position of waitresses. “To please the eye and whet appetites,” he said. And since Zinaida just recently turned a little over forty-three, then, according to Ushanin, she was no longer able to excite anything like that.Silly gander! Yes, if only he knew how at the sight of these very “mouse tails” – sorry, braid! – the men are pounding, how they hide in napkins, how they blow their nose hysterically! Yes, they all shake like malaria, and from what, if not from passion ?! In short, while the staff was not yet fully recruited, Zinaida had to urgently prove her sex appeal. Tomorrow she will show up for work in a translucent blouse with a short “flashlight” sleeve and a short skirt, and, since the weather was sultry outside, it was not a sin to flicker with bare legs.Moreover, Zinaida’s legs were downright French – thin, pale, with bulging, curvy (only a little arthritic) knees. The only thing that spoiled them was a thick hair of a rich dark color, well, purely a monkey’s paw! Well, she can easily cope with this, but otherwise it was a sin to complain about nature – for her growth, powerful enough shoulders, a chest, like two volleyballs, a narrow modest ass without meat excesses and an absolutely charming face, such a narrow, thoroughbred, with a relief, prominent nose and proud, strong lips.In addition, the Lord rewarded Zinaida Korytskaya with a completely unique speech apparatus, that is, her voice had such power that residents of neighboring streets could easily enjoy it, and her tongue could not hold her teeth so much that in her area she even served as a kind of newspaper ” From hand to hand “or even” From lips to lips “- do not think bad.
Takes off his pants – Teaching the child
Start with short pants or panties with an elastic band.They are the easiest to remove.
First, teach your child to take off their pants when they are taking off their shoes. It will be easier this way.
If his pants are fastened with buttons, buttons or a zipper, unzip them yourself.
Have the child stand first, as it is easier to lower his pants while standing than sitting. Then teach him to take off his pants while sitting on whatever he wants to sit on – on the floor, bed, or chair.
Work on each of the steps below, helping your child less and less, until he successfully, without your help, copes with it in three or four lessons.Then move on to the next step. Have your reward ready.
1. When the child is standing, pull his pants down to the ankles. Ask him to sit down and remove one leg. Say: Take off your pants! Place his hands on the leg and, putting your hands on his, help pull it off the other leg and give the pants to you. Then say: Well done! You took off your pants!
Note: Remember that in each subsequent lesson you need to start removing his pants from the same leg.Following a specific order makes learning easier.
2. When the child is standing, pull his pants down to the ankles and then ask him to sit down. Say: Take off your pants! Place his hands on the leg and help pull it off one leg. Encourage him to take off his pants from the other leg and give them to you. Tell; Well done! You took off your pants! – and present him with the award.
3. When the child is standing, lower his pants down to his knees and place his hands on both sides of the waist of the pants with thumbs inward. Say: Take off your pants! , then place your hands on it and help pull your pants down to your ankles.Encourage him to sit down. Now he can take them off himself and give them to you. Say: Well done! You took off your pants! – and present the award.
4. After the child has learned to remove the pants on their own when they are down to the knees, start helping him to remove them from the middle of the thighs, then from the hips and finally from the waist.
5. Help less and less, until the child learns to pull the pants down and take them off on their own, provided that you unbutton them first.
Book “Take off your pants and run” Yuzhina ME
Take off your pants and run
What to do? Some rich couple died at their dacha… from hunger, and the waitress Zina Korytskaya is forced to investigate the cause of such a strange death. Ask: why should Zina do this? The answer is simple – out of harm, a neighbor in a communal apartment put up a sign on a pole that Kotyrskaya was a famous private detective. The client was found right away, paid a lot of money … We have to work it out. Zinaida decides to put together a shock brigade of detectives from the neighbors and, leaving grandmother Stepanida on duty at the criminal communal apartment, goes to work…
Share with your friends:
- The year of publishing:
- Place of publication:
- Language of the text:
- Cover type:
- Soft cover
- 70×90 1/32
- Dimensions in mm (LxWxH):
- The weight:
- 140 gr.
- 5000 copies
- Product code:
- Vendor code:
- Available from:
Annotation to the book “Take off your pants and run” Yuzhina M. E .:
What to do? Some rich spouses died at their dacha … from hunger, and the waitress Zina Korytskaya is forced to investigate the cause of such a strange death. Ask: why should Zina do this? The answer is simple – out of harm, a neighbor in a communal apartment put up a sign on a pole that Kotyrskaya was a famous private detective.The client was found right away, paid a lot of money … We have to work it out. Zinaida makes up her mind: she assembles a shock brigade of detectives from the neighbors and, leaving grandmother Stepanida on duty at the criminal communal apartment, goes to work …
90,000 REMOVE THE PANTS AND GET OUT !.Iron Shurik
REMOVE THE PANTS AND GET OUT!
The new chairman of the KGB, Semichastny, was only thirty-seven years old. Nikita Sergeevich wanted to work with people of this age, not burdened by the past, energetic, not losing interest in work and life. Shelepin occupied a special place in his personnel calculations. After the XXII Congress, Khrushchev instructed him, as the secretary of the Central Committee, to supervise the party cadres.
– Khrushchev relied on new people and began to nominate us, the young.Alexander Nikolaevich, as it was tacitly believed, among us, the party youth, occupied the highest position and to some extent influenced our behavior and views.
Khrushchev longed for a new staff.
On December 14, 1959, at an expanded meeting of the Presidium of the Central Committee, Khrushchev, speaking about the draft program of the CPSU, started a speech about what worried him:
– The program would have to think about the democratization of our social system. Without this it is impossible.Take our leadership, the presidium, for example. We are not limited by either power or time. Is it correct? An artel can gather, people can solder and get drunk. It was under Stalin, while the robber Bagirov was sitting. Stalin said about him that the Muslims would not have kept him for weeks, they would have killed him if they had not supported him, and he was there for twenty years.
Khrushchev translated his idea into a practical plane
– I take the Presidium of the Central Committee: we are elected, but at the next congress one third will definitely drop out.
And then, Khrushchev said, young people are growing, but positions are not vacated for them. They have to wait for someone from the older generation to die.
“Bourgeois constitutions,” Khrushchev uttered a seditious thought, “are perhaps more democratically constructed than ours: the president cannot be more than two convocations. If the bourgeois and capitalists are not afraid that these foundations of theirs will be undermined when, after two terms, the elected president changes, so why should we be afraid? Are we not sure of our system or less sure than these bourgeois and capitalists, landowners? We were chosen, and we are the most brilliant? And behind us are people completely undeserved? Therefore, I would consider that it is necessary to do this so that in this way there is an update all the time.
Who of those who sat in the presidium meeting room and listened to the first secretary could have liked these words? Khrushchev is of retirement age, he doesn’t care to leave soon, but what about the younger ones? Will they really have to leave their posts, simply because it is impossible to occupy a high chair for more than two terms?
– If everyone knows that he will be chosen only one term, maximum two, – Khrushchev continued to fantasize, then we will not have a bureaucratic apparatus, we will not have caste.And this means that people will be nominated more boldly, which means that democratization will be in the party, among the people, in the country.
On June 17, sixty-first, Khrushchev returned to this issue at a meeting of the presidium. He softened his position a little, regarding how long it is possible to occupy top leadership positions, made indulgence for his comrades:
– I still think that three terms should be left for the allied leadership and two terms for everyone else. Why? After all, the union level is the union level.Secondly, when we write down two terms, they will not tell us this, but this will cause great discontent among the leaders of the socialist countries. We must reckon with this. Therefore, we must not succumb to the mood of democracy, we must still realistically represent the responsibility for our cause. The Union Central Committee and the Republican Central Committee were on the same level. Now it is necessary to separate the Union Central Committee, and transfer them to another category. It will be right. There will be eight years.
It can be said without exaggeration that it was this idea that brought Khrushchev most of the enemies inside the apparatus.
The First Secretary felt increasing resistance and did not know what to do.
On February 16, sixty-first, Khrushchev spoke at the Central Committee presidium about his trip to Ukraine, the North Caucasus, Transcaucasia and the Central Black Earth zone, where zonal meetings on agriculture were held:
– I think the meetings went well. Among the people, they caused a rise and a very good mood. In the cities where I have been, people believe very much, encourages, they like criticism.I have already said that many people gathered at one of the stations. I told them that I was going, we were taking measures, we would take the decision of the Central Committee and the Council of Ministers. And they say to me:
– How, are you twisting?
– For the forelocks?
– Yes, for the forelocks.
– And whoever does not have a forelock, so on a bald head.
The audience laughed.
“In Ukraine,” Khrushchev continued, “they tell such an anecdote. Their water supply system deteriorated this winter, then it was fixed. Before my arrival, the water supply also deteriorated, there were interruptions with water.So the people of Kiev say: “Why do you think there was no water? The leaders of the republic were given an enema! ”
And in the hall they laughed again, although the leaders of Ukraine were also sitting there.
– That is, Khrushchev is on his way, and they are already giving an enema! – The first secretary explained rather. – And they themselves do not deny that they are bad.
And Khrushchev continued to harass the bosses:
– Tambov secretary Zolotukhin still wanted to be flogged, to take off his pants and flog. What a pleasure! He pleaded guilty to everything and said: yes, Comrade Khrushchev, you need to take off your pants and flog me.He repeated this three times. I could not bear it any longer and said to him: “Why do you want to take off all your pants and show us your backside? Do you think to please us? ” What kind of secretary is this?
Nevertheless, the sword does not cut off the guilty head. Khrushchev ridiculed the Tambov secretary, but did not take pictures. Grigory Sergeevich Zolotukhin headed the larger Krasnodar Territory, then moved to Moscow as the Minister of Procurement of the USSR.
Khrushchev had grounds for bitter laughter and mockery. The first secretary of the Voronezh regional committee ordered the directors of the farms to show Nikita Sergeevich that the harvesting was in full swing.
– So there the rails were dragged across the field and proved that the field was harvested, – Khrushchev told, shocked by what he saw. – It’s just the times of Gogol!
The first secretary of the regional committee was Alexei Mikhailovich Shkolnikov, who graduated from an industrial technical school and the Higher Party School. And he got away with this Gogol story. And after Khrushchev leaves, he will be transferred to Moscow and appointed first deputy chairman of the Council of Ministers of Russia.
“I asked for a certificate of the Russian Federation,” Khrushchev continued.- It turns out that she does not feed herself. Polyansky says to me: “Now, if we could film Moscow and Leningrad, then we would feed ourselves.” And to whom shall we give Moscow away – Georgia? How will we come to communism? Are we going to sit on the old norms? Then you just have to say: we are bankrupt, the building of communism is an invention of Marx and Engels, but in practice we see that nothing comes of it. That is what the Americans say.
And the first secretary of the Central Committee of the CPSU, who did not know fatigue, again settled on negligent subordinates:
– Some have grown old, decrepit, already accustomed, worn out.I would say they were not worn out nervously, but worn out with their tongues … When I arrived at the Central Committee, a rumor spread in the Central Committee apparatus: Khrushchev had come and wanted us to count how many piglets were suckling and how many cows were giving milk. What are we supposed to do? Read lectures? What fool needs lectures if there is no milk, meat and bread? We are, as it were, concrete masons who are laying the building of communism. Our stones are articles of production and consumer goods.
Khrushchev did not want to be deceived.He needed a structure that would know exactly what was happening in the country and punish deceivers. Such an organization could be headed by a person whom Khrushchev trusted in all respects.
And after Shelepin was elected secretary of the Central Committee, Khrushchev entrusted him with issues related to state security. Nikita Sergeevich did not suffer from spy mania, but sometimes it seemed to him that somewhere in the apparatus there were foreign intelligence officers.
Reading the reports of the foreign press, Khrushchev was surprised to see that the Americans knew exactly both the composition of our army and its weapons.He indignantly asked the Minister of Defense Marshal Malinovsky:
– What is this? Maybe their agents are on our General Staff? How does the enemy know all our news so quickly?
Phlegmatic Rodion Yakovlevich shrugged his shoulders:
– Apparently, this is the merit of American aerial reconnaissance and other technical means.
The same suspicion gripped Khrushchev when it turned out that the American embassy in Moscow had found out the name of the new Soviet ambassador to Washington before it was officially announced.
On January 8, sixty-two, while discussing foreign policy and relations with the Americans at the Central Committee Presidium, Khrushchev suddenly remarked anxiously, addressing the Minister of Foreign Affairs:
– In general, in the Foreign Ministry, comrade Gromyko, you need to look. Now the Stalinist fear has been removed and weakened. For example, through whom did Thompson know that we are nominating Dobrynin as ambassador?
Llewellyn Thompson, a career diplomat, first came to Moscow in 1939. During the war years he was the American consul in Moscow.Even on the most dangerous days of autumn 1941, when all diplomats were evacuated to Kuibyshev, Thompson remained in Moscow. Then he worked in the State Department.
In 1957, President Dwight D. Eisenhower appointed him Ambassador to Moscow. Thompson was arguably the best American ambassador to the Soviet Union. Khrushchev appreciated him, invited him with his family to his dacha.
Anatoly Fedorovich Dobrynin from April 1960 was in charge of the American department and was a member of the collegium of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.Before that, he managed to work for two and a half years in New York as Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations. Having started his career as a design engineer at an aircraft plant, Anatoly Dobrynin turned out to be a born diplomat. Khrushchev unmistakably guessed in him the ability to understand Americans and get along with them in the most difficult situation. Dobrynin worked in Washington for almost a quarter of a century.
Evil tongues claimed that Minister Gromyko saw him as a rival and that Dobrynin spent so long as an ambassador to Washington for this very reason.If he returned to Moscow on time, he would have a chance to replace Andrey Andreyevich in the main office on the seventh floor of a high-rise building on Smolenskaya Square.
“Thompson,” Khrushchev continued, “received this information in confidence at a time when it was not announced to anyone. And this is such a thing that only a few should know. Me and you. Who else knew besides you? Malin? He released a solution. Through whom did this happen? And we cannot find out. Loose. Thompson says that this was said in confidence, so I cannot give a name so that the Russians do not recognize the source from where I found out.This already suggests that there is a person who speaks to him in confidence. This is treason, this is treason. In addition, I believe that the Americans have someone in our intelligence, because some material is leaking out that is quite close to the truth. Why can we rule out that there are no such people in the Foreign Ministry?
“If necessary, I can tell you what I know,” Gromyko reported. – About Dobrynin. Besides me, when I went on vacation, Dobrynin himself knew Kuznetsov, because they had to talk to him.I was surprised because both people are reliable. There was an order to find out Semichastny. I asked Sevenfold. He says that, apparently, one of the journalists said at the reception. I spoke with Dobrynin. He says this: the day after the meeting of the Central Committee secretariat, they call me from the Committee for Cultural Relations – Comrade Zhukov – and congratulate me. Dobrynin says – I don’t know anything. And then Romanovsky found out, apparently, he was at a meeting of the secretariat.
Sergey Kallistratovich Romanovsky was one of Shelepin’s associates in the Komsomol.Back in 1950, at twenty-seven, Sergei Romanovsky became deputy chairman of the Anti-Fascist Committee of Soviet Youth, then secretary of the World Federation of Democratic Youth, in 1956 he headed the Committee of Youth Organizations of the USSR, and the next year he was elected secretary of the Central Committee of the Komsomol. He left the Komsomol after Shelepin – in 1959 he became Deputy Minister of Culture, then Deputy Chairman of the State Committee for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries.Subsequently, he, like other Shelepin’s associates, was sent to diplomatic work.
– Information leaked before the meeting of the secretariat, Leonid Fedorovich Ilyichev clarified.
– Thompson said that he was informed by a reliable source, – specified Kozlov, – and asked not to disclose. If we assume that someone is from the secretariat of the Central Committee? But there cannot be such a person who is constantly connected with Thompson and informed him. This is ruled out, which means that this assumption is wrong.
– Information leaked before the meeting of the secretariat, and not after, – Ilyichev stood his ground.
– Thompson said to his people – you do not announce in advance, as you will expose the source. This means that the source is more likely in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, – Kozlov continued his own investigation.
– Dobrynin called me Romanovsky, – Foreign Minister Gromyko stubbornly defended his department, – I, he says, got a call from the committee.
“This is very significant,” Khrushchev remarked irritably. – It is necessary to ask Zhukov how he knows. Information may be from Zhukov.
Famous journalist Georgy Aleksandrovich Zhukov, who worked for Pravda, headed the State Committee for Cultural Relations with Foreign Countries under Khrushchev.
“There are American agents there,” Ilyichev remarked gloomily, “who worked in America.
“There are representatives of all countries there,” Khrushchev said. Therefore, there is no need to fence off that it is in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and look there. I would think that now we need to come up with some kind of provocation, develop and test a number of people on this provocation. Take and throw some thought to the agent we think about, and he will inform. In a word, we need to work. This is already a matter of intelligence, counterintelligence.
The increase in prices for meat, butter and milk by about thirty percent, announced on May 31, sixty-two, caused indignation in various cities of Russia.
Workers of the steel shop of the largest in Novocherkassk Electric Locomotive Plant named after S.M. Budyonny stopped work and demanded an increase in prices.
The fact is that on the eve of the rise in prices, the plant also revised production rates, which led to a sharp drop in workers’ wages.Other townspeople joined the workers. Several thousand people gathered. At first, party officials, with the help of the regional KGB department officials, tried to persuade everyone to disperse. Did not work out. Two hundred policemen arrived, but they were also crushed and fled. Armored personnel carriers and trucks with soldiers arrived late in the evening. Since the officers did not know what to do, the military after some time turned back. Finally, a tank-reinforced military unit arrived and occupied the factory.
The next day the meeting resumed.The protesters were joined by workers of the Novocherkassk Oil Machine Building Plant. With a portrait of Lenin above the column, the demonstrators moved to the city center to the building of the city party committee. They tried to take over the building, and then they began to shoot at.
The first secretary of the Rostov regional party committee was Alexander Vasilyevich Basov, who had worked in the region for a long time and replaced Alexey Kirichenko in this position. He took a tough stance. General Issa Aleksandrovich Pliev was the commander of the North Caucasian Military District.All major decisions were made by members of the Central Committee Presidium, Anastas Ivanovich Mikoyan, First Deputy Prime Minister, and Frol Romanovich Kozlov, Secretary of the Central Committee, who had urgently flown in from Moscow.
The State Security Committee was represented by Deputy Chairmen Nikolai Stepanovich Zakharov and Pyotr Ivanovich Ivashutin.
The KGB note sent to the Central Committee said that “after the liquidation of the riots, 20 corpses were picked up, two of them were women who were buried in different parts of the region.”Then it turned out that twenty-five people died. A curfew was imposed in the city, one and a half hundred people were detained by the KGB, of whom forty-nine were arrested. Then a trial was arranged.
On the tenth of June, Frol Romanovich Kozlov spoke about the events in Novocherkassk. Khrushchev praised him:
– We had a good action.
The KGB was criticized for poor intelligence work. Khrushchev ordered:
– Strengthen the work of the KGB. Prepare proposals for comrades Shelepin, Semichastny and Ivashutin.
Soon a resolution was adopted stating:
“To authorize the KGB of the USSR to increase the staffing of counterintelligence units of the territorial bodies of the KGB by 400 servicemen.”
The owner of the Rostov region, the first secretary of the regional committee, Alexander Basov, was sent to Havana – the chief adviser-organizer under the government of Cuba on animal husbandry.
On July 1, sixty-second, according to a note from the KGB, an officer was guilty for assignments under the commander-in-chief of the Strategic Missile Forces, Marshal Moskalenko, Khrushchev ordered:
– Kozlov, Brezhnev, Shelepin and Malinovsky were to summon Moskalenko and tear him up in the presence of the marshals.Colonel Yuferov is tried in a closed court.
Sometimes Khrushchev’s orders baffled Shelepin. He honestly said that he was not yet ready to deal with these matters. Nikita Sergeevich rejected the objections:
– Among the secretaries of the Central Committee you are the youngest in age, and who else should study, if not young?
At the beginning of the sixty-second year, Khrushchev had an idea to send Shelepin to Leningrad as the first secretary of the regional committee instead of Ivan Vasilyevich Spiridonov.
Actually, Khrushchev himself raised Spiridonov, the former director of the Gosmert plant.At the XXII Congress, like Shelepin, he made Spiridonov also the secretary of the Central Committee. But he quickly became disillusioned with him. This happened to Nikita Sergeevich often. In the spring of the sixty-second, he deprived Spiridonov of all party posts and transferred him to the honorary but powerless chair of the chairman of the Council of the Union of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR.
And invited Shelepin to move to Leningrad. Alexander Nikolaevich refused. Apparently, it seemed to him that the secretary of the Central Committee to go to Leningrad as the secretary of the regional committee was, if not a demotion, then at least a step aside.It was a mistake. Shelepin’s political biography lacked the experience of leading large party organizations; this was a disadvantage for a future career. Working as the head of the largest Leningrad region would give him authority.
Soon, Khrushchev found a new job for Shelepin – he instructed him to create a comprehensive control system in the country.
On February 19, sixty-two, Khrushchev sent the members of the Central Committee Presidium a note “On improving control over the implementation of party and government directives.”In a lengthy note, Khrushchev wrote about bribery, subscripts, fraud, parochialism and wastefulness.
He proposed to create a new body of party control:
“It could be formed in the composition of 80-100 people, including representatives of the All-Union Central Council of Trade Unions, the Central Committee of the Komsomol, Tsentrosoyuz, the press, workers, collective farmers, intelligentsia, chairmen of the committees of party control of the union republics and the largest territories and regions ”.
The note was sent to all members of the Party Central Committee.But the discussion dragged on for several months. And only on September 20, Khrushchev returned to this issue:
– We consider it necessary to restructure the work of state control. The state control that exists now is ineffective. It is necessary that our control bodies be party-state, because now it is difficult to establish control without a party. It should be headed by a member of the Central Committee, and perhaps the secretary of the Central Committee in order to really attach importance to this. I think that then, perhaps, not all thieves would be deprived of the opportunity to steal, but, in any case, they would complicate their thieves’ life.
Two months later, from the nineteenth to the twenty-third of November, the plenum of the Central Committee was held.
Khrushchev delivered an extensive report – “The development of the USSR economy and the party leadership of the national economy.”
He proposed a revolutionary measure – to divide the party and Soviet bodies into industrial and agricultural. So in each region and territory, instead of one regional committee and one regional executive committee, two appeared – one was engaged in industry, the other – in agriculture.
The next day Khrushchev’s report on new forms of party leadership – the division of territorial party and Soviet bodies into industrial and rural ones – was published in Pravda.He occupied ten newspaper pages.
“The first day of the plenum,” Tvardovsky wrote in his diary, “the report of Nikita Sergeevich. A bit too long, as always, not necessary for the plenum of the Central Committee on technical details. As always, the main interest is not in the text, but when it breaks away from the text. As usual, the fire was good on the particulars of bureaucratic idiocy in industry …
Whoever I asked, so no one could tell me how it would all be in the sense of the territorial, with the duality of the “bureau” and executive committees of councils, regional committees and bureaus of national parties …
But the main thing was not in this “rearrangement of chairs”. The words “bureaucracy”, “bureaucrat” and their synonyms have become especially frequent in the text and, especially, in deviations from it up to:
“What happened in Novocherkassk is the result of a bureaucratic attitude to the urgent needs of the working people.”
This is generally the first time from the lips of the government and the party about such “incidents” in our country. ”
The Soviet press did not say a word about the events in Novocherkassk. In the published text of Khrushchev’s report, there was no mention of Novocherkassk either.
The plenum of the Central Committee, at the suggestion of Khrushchev, made a decision to form the Committee for Party and State Control – on the basis of the State Control Commission of the Council of Ministers and the Committee for Party Control under the Central Committee. Nikita Sergeevich put Shelepin at the head of the new, powerful organization.
This text is for informational purposes only.
Continuation for liters
90,000 This publication is a translation into Russian
This publication is a Russian translation
Steps to Independence 3rd Edition
THE ROAD TO INDEPENDENCE
Teaching children with special needs household skills
Section I Basic Principles of Child Education
Chapter 1 So, let’s go
Chapter 2 What to Teach?
Chapter 3 Step Definition
Chapter 4 Promotion
Chapter 5 “Stage Equipment”
Chapter 6 How to teach a child
Chapter 7 Observing Success and Overcoming Challenges
Section II Skills Development
Chapter 8 Preparatory Skills
Chapter 9 Self-Service Skills
Chapter 10 Toilet skills
Chapter 11 Game Skills
Chapter 12 Independence: Self-Care Skills
Chapter 13 Independence: Home Care Skills
Chapter 14 Independence: the ability to operate with information
Section III How to Deal with Behavioral Problems
Chapter 15 Behavior Problems
Chapter 16 Developing and implementing a behavior management program
Appendix A. Preparatory Skills
Appendix B. Self-Service Skills List
Appendix B. Self-Service Skills Development Programs
Appendix D. Programs for the formation of play skills
Appendix E. Programs for the formation of skills related to the use of information
Bruce L. Baker
Professor at the Faculty of Psychology
University of California
International Assistance Group Manager
90,010 people with special needs
Apple Computer, Inc.
featuring Ian B. Bleicher,
Lewis J. Heifetz,
Stephen P. Hinshaw and
Diana M. Murphy
Translation from English
L. Shikhireva and N. Groznoy
Translation from English of the third edition of Steps to Independence, published in the United States by Paul H.Brookes Publishing Co., Inc.
Copyright © 1997 by Brookes Publishing Co., Inc.
Published in Russia with permission from Action for Russia’s Children.
Illustrations by Michael Cassaro.
Share with your friends:
“Who doesn’t want to take off our panties?” Nyuta Federmesser – on violations of ethics in hospitals
Nurses, barmaids, castellans …
On October 24, I wrote that I had the flu.That sometimes I really want to get sick, but something this time somehow painfully sucks. It turned out that I was not sick with the flu, but with hepatitis. True, I decided to donate blood only when I had already stopped eating and drinking, could not get up from weakness, and even in a dark toilet (I also had no strength to turn on the light) I found in the toilet something similar in color not to urine, but to ripe persimmon or dark phantom. The test results came terrible, the liver did not work at all, and I was hospitalized on the same day.
In the week after that, I was in three hospitals, including the intensive care unit.She left the last hospital on receipt, refusing inpatient treatment. Not because there was something wrong, but because I could already move between the shower and the bed without a faint blanket in front of my eyes and realized that the worst was over.
I’m home now. I am recovering. There are almost no forces yet, but they are coming every day. The brains seem to have suffered the most from intoxication. They turn with difficulty, most of the day in suspended animation. Thoughts are not born, and if they are born, then they are not delayed.
Nevertheless, I decided to try to write, while my impressions are fresh, about what had wounded me in all three medical institutions (as well as in a good dozen others, where I have been in my life).
I deliberately do not indicate hospitals, because I am sure that the violation of ethics in the doctor-patient relationship is, unfortunately, the scourge of Russian medicine, and not of a specific institution.
I am very grateful to all the doctors and nurses who, despite the wild fatigue, burnout and lack of fire in their eyes, are incredibly professional, friendly, benevolent and forgive me for my whims and bad temper.I have terrible veins, it’s almost impossible to get in, the sisters took pity on me, apologized for the pain and bruises, sympathized and almost always successfully stabbed me.
I was impressed with the scale and speed of the diagnostics. It is important that this concerned not only me (after all, I am the head of a large clinic in Moscow, a colleague), but each patient. Believe me, I watch everything that happens in the neighboring wards with a professional eye.
Doctors took me home with a bunch of instructions, took from me a promise to return immediately if something went wrong, gave me their mobile numbers, and we are in touch all the time.Many thanks to all! I felt bad, but I’m not afraid to be sick with you.
So what do I want to write about then? About what cannot be changed neither by repairs, nor by the purchase of expensive equipment, nor by financial injections, nor by high wages. About medical ethics. About the attitude towards a person who has fallen into a condition dependent on a physician. To a person who is in a vulnerable position, scared, weak, sick.
I decided to write because I am sure that this too can and should be changed.This is more difficult than what money can achieve. It takes a long time. But the patient’s satisfaction with the quality of the care provided often depends not so much on the professionalism of the doctors (after all, we are very ignorant in matters of medicine and our own health, and we are poorly versed in the quality of medical care), as on the attitude of the team to the patient. I know for sure that people are trainable, kind by nature, you just need to teach, show how to correctly, clearly spell out the rules and follow them no less clearly. And most importantly – constant personal example and regular conversations between management and staff.
In the beginning was the WORD. Word, word, word, word, the correct word of the chief, addressed to the staff with love and respect, with the understanding that the main conductors of human relations are not chief doctors, namely nurses, orderlies, barmaids, castellans, hostesses, older sisters , attending doctors and doctors on duty. A word about how is correct, what is important, what is the difference; a word that explains the basics of behavior and certain prohibitions, and control over the implementation of simple, in general, hospital-based ethical rules.I am convinced that the currently fashionable concepts of “patient-centeredness”, “human-centeredness”, “empathy” are a banal ethic of attitude towards the weak. And I know for sure that respect for someone else’s weakness is a skill that can and should be developed.
About panties, ring and resuscitation
When they tell you that you need to transfer to intensive care, it’s scary. Heart hoots. And even when it is so bad that, in general, it does not matter where to lie, when there is no strength even to turn the head, this head still suggests that the situation is non-trivial, dangerous, scary.
When you are told to undress completely while still in the department and take off all jewelry, including your wedding ring, it’s scary. What for? Why now? You still have to go to the intensive care unit on a gurney, another floor. Two young guys roll into the ward along with the gurney and wait for me to undress.
I refuse to take off my panties and bra, and the nurses gently begin to persuade me, they say, “it’s accepted” and “it should be so” – these are the two answers to the patient’s questions that should be completely withdrawn from circulation.
Well, please, you have to go to the intensive care unit naked and under a sheet, as it should be, otherwise they will be punished because of me. I tell the guys to give me a sheet to cover, that I’m embarrassed in front of them.
They: what is it that we have not seen, perhaps, naked patients. I say, I will not undress in front of you, at least turn away. And I still won’t take off my underwear. I promise to call the head physician and ask him not to punish the nurses. Then it turns out that I covered myself with the wrong sheet, so I need to take off the sheet in front of everyone and change it to another.One is recorded for intensive care, the second is behind the ward, which is incomprehensible (never tell patients about different hospital rules. Patients do not care, they do not need, they are not interested. They come for medical help, not to study the complexities of your work). You have to go to the intensive care unit under the resuscitation sheet. In the reclaimed panties and bra on an uncomfortable gurney under the correct sheet and with a wedding ring, we drive along a long corridor to the intensive care unit.
They are waiting there. A separate box was freed.They competently put me on the bed, the sisters put the ship next to me and show me how to call a nurse if I want to go to the toilet. With outside help, I can quite get up and do not understand why it is impossible to invite a nurse to accompany me to the toilet. You can’t, they say. Not allowed. Here you have to write lying down and on the ship. Poop too.
I refuse. Please show me the toilet. There is no toilet, they say. Neither in the ward nor in the ward (this is standard for typical intensive care units throughout the country).There is no strength to check, but I see that there is a door in the ward. And what is there, I ask. Utility room. This is not a toilet. There’s only a urine sink. I crawl to the utility room, open the door, and see a neat tiny kennel, 90% of which is occupied by a giant sink. If you twist and squat, then it is quite possible to pee, slipping the ship under you. I’m going to go to the back room, I say, I’m sorry. I will often have to get up and call the nurse, as something is constantly being poured into me to fight intoxication.I understand that my obsession with ethical issues confuses staff and prevents people from working as usual.
Such a simple option as, for example, a toilet seat by the bed and a banal screen, seem like an unthinkable lordship here. I am ashamed of my whims, but I cannot do otherwise. Guilty and completely exhausted, but satisfied with my own determination to write without prying eyes, I go back to bed.
In a couple of minutes the doctor comes. “Who here refuses to take off our panties? You know, 90% of the personnel in the intensive care unit are male, so we know how to remove panties from women ”.(He wanted to cheer me up, I thought it would be funny for me; he did not even admit the thought that vulgar soldier jokes could be unpleasant; he was not out of malice, for sure.) there is a name, it is written in the medical history, and communication with the patient should be started with a very simple question – “How can I contact you?”). – “And why the ring?” – “We are dripping you, there may be swelling, fingers will swell, and I will have, as it happened once in my practice, to cut the ring with a tool. I would not like to repeat this. “(Don’t, don’t, don’t scare me, I’m scared anyway !!) “You don’t have to,” I say. “If I see my fingers start to swell, I’ll take off the ring myself and put it on my little finger.” “We need access to the body, you know,” he says, “we need to undress.” “Access to the body,” I say, almost crying, “I’ll provide you if necessary, but there is no point in lying naked and without a ring, writing on the ship and lying down. I won’t. Then take me back to the department. ”
Thank them for their patience. I won back the panties and the ring.
In the morning, handing me over to a new shift, the sisters and nurses took turns into the ward and heard the same thing about me from the duty shift: we have one woman here in her panties by the window, she refused to undress, I don’t know how you will wash her … And she goes to write in the back room.
“Shy, why?” One asks. “Well, count it, star,” explains another.
In order not to cry, when I am alone in the ward, I sing Cossack songs, quietly, so as not to call a psychiatrist.I cannot sleep. I feel bad, painful, scared, the lights are on, and everything is peeping when I fall asleep – I have some unpleasant glitches, and I open my eyes again to control reality (I think over and over again about thousands of people across the country who spend in intensive care not two days in a separate box, like me, but weeks and months without the opportunity to see loved ones, especially now, in covid. open resuscitation “).
I am a woman in panties and will soon be transferred back to the ward.
About the barmaid and food
In the ward in the ward, there are several doctors around my bed. We are discussing. The door to the room swings open, and a gurney with pots drives in. Behind her is the corpulent barmaid. “Will you dine?” “Not now,” I say, embarrassed, “I’m sorry.” The barmaid with the trolley rolls out. We continue our conversation.
Ten minutes later the door swings open again and from behind the cart we hear an indignant barmaid: “Well, how long can I stand here, they are waiting for me on the fourth floor, will you eat or not?” The doctors sigh hopelessly.
In boxes, communication with the world takes place through a double window. From the outside world, the window opens and there is placed food, a parcel from home, a pill box with pills, a jar for collecting urine. Then you open the second door from your side and take it all into the ward. And later you put dirty dishes, an empty pill box and a jar with analyzes in the same place …
It is impossible to ventilate this space between the two plastic sashes of the windows, it seems that there is no extractor hood provided.
In any case, when you open the window from the inside, the air in the ward is filled with the smell of dull hospital cabbage – such as in that part of the catering unit where all food waste is dumped into one large tank.“I’m looking at you, you’re not eating anything,” says the caring nurse. – No appetite? With hepatitis it happens, it will pass. ” It will pass, I think, and I drink water from a bottle. I need to drink a lot.
The food, by the way, was very decent everywhere. But the manner of putting everything in one plate has not yet been exterminated. The soup is, of course, separate. But the omelet, bread, cheese, butter and two lumps of sugar for tea – all this is piled up on a small plate, tightly pressed against each other. Omelet impregnates bread, butter – sugar. There are enough plates, I know for sure.It’s just easier and faster, and no one pays attention to it on the part of the hospital, and no one really complains on the part of the patient.
Towels and diapers
It is no longer necessary to go to today’s Moscow hospitals (if someone has not been in bed for a long time) with their own bed linen and toilet paper. It is there. But there are never towels (even if there is a shower in the room) (except for VIP and paid wards). That is not the case. There are definitely towels, they are being bought, I know this, since I myself run the hospital, and they buy not only paper z-shaped towels, but also waffle and even terry towels.All this usually lies in the cave of Aladdin – with the sister-mistress. But she just doesn’t give it out. It’s accounting. So there a brand new unpacked lies for years. I struggled with these supplies at the Palliative Care Center during my first year as a director.
Photo: Efim Erichman / “Pravmir”
What can you do, this time I left home without a towel. In one hospital I dried myself off with a spare sheet and received only a disapproving look from the nurse. In another, she asked for a towel. “Oh, what are you, we have to wait until tomorrow.The older sister will come, and we will definitely find you, but for now, do you want me to bring you a diaper? ” Imagine how stupid because of the stupid “we-are-so-accustomed” and “nobody-really-complains” will have to distract the head nurse tomorrow …
But you still have to go to an ultrasound scan with your own diaper. No, of course there are paper towels. But it’s better with your own diaper. If you did not take your personal one to the hospital (experienced patients always take it, like a towel, and I didn’t take care this time), then the nurse will definitely bring you a tattered grayish one with stains of foreign biological fluids, but completely clean.Even sterile. And if it does not, then in the ultrasound office you will still be given paper napkins. The cheapest, those that, you know, do not absorb anything, but only spread cold gel all over the body. “Well, I had to take the diaper,” the doctor will not fail to say … (Ethics !!!)
About cleaning the room and knocking on the door
The main people in the hospital are the cleaners. They do not knock, do not ask if it is possible to enter, do not apologize when they turn on the light or rattle chairs. They come and mop, sadly, gloomily and rhythmically, like street sweepers.And you lie and wait for her to come out. When you will be given back the right to be yourself in the ward and not shrink on the bed, as if you are interfering with everyone here. “Well, what do you want? They have the same working day as you and me! ” (with).
In general, a knock on a door is not a sick leave. Oh-oh-very rarely does anyone understand that the ward is the patient’s private territory.
Doctors open the door and walk in as if they were entering their bedroom in their apartment. I’m on the toilet. I hear that they have entered the ward. I shrink the whole thing, because the toilet, of course, is not locked (or, please, for all repairs, you can always provide for the possibility of locking in the hospital toilet from the inside, but so that the hospital employee, if necessary, can easily unlock the lock from the outside by inserting a coin, a key into the slot or a plastic card).
“Anna Konstantinovna?” I turn on the water, press the trigger, well, so that it’s obvious that I’m alive, okay, just in the toilet. “Anna Konstantinovna?” Damn, well, it’s obvious that I’m on the toilet. Is not it so? Is it really necessary to start a dialogue with me? “Excuse me,” I say, embarrassed from the toilet, “can I do it in five minutes?” Why, why, why am I ashamed that I went to the toilet? Am I a vulnerable crazy neurotic or was there something wrong?
Why is it always ashamed in the hospital, it always seems that you are interfering with the doctors from doing their work, and you want to sink into the ground? Because our hospital is not for patients (and not for employees), it is for inspection bodies.
Pro tablets and research
The patient has the right to information. He has the right to know what pills they give him, from what and for what. What is being poured into it and why. What tests are prescribed and why. Why this or that decision is made. The patient may not ask, but if he asked a question, then his right to know is unshakable. Because this is his health and his body.
It is impossible to simply bring a pill vinaigrette in a glass to patients. This is the greatest mistake that they make everywhere – in the morning they put pills on everyone in boxes, then they distribute them and cannot answer, but this yellow one – from what.More precisely, they give the same answer to all questions: this is what the doctor prescribed. I want to know what you are giving me. It is necessary to squeeze the pill from the cachet in my room and in my presence. To do this, special lockable carts are purchased, with which the nurse must travel through the wards and distribute pills. Working within the system, I know better than most how the pills of different patients get confused when they are distributed at once in the morning with everything and everyone in boxes and glasses. Confused, this is verified. I am mischievous and do not swallow pills until they tell me what it is called, and until I read the instructions (many doctors complain that patients have read crap on the Internet and now think that they themselves know everything.But if you do not clarify and do not give exhaustive answers, you yourself provoke an appeal to the Internet for help).
I’m doing an ultrasound. They explained everything clearly, it is necessary and correct. And in the process, of course, a scene from a bad movie. The doctor calms down, then asks a colleague to come up, they crawl over me with a sensor, look at the screen, are silent, exchange glances. The dialogue is something like this:
– Look, see what I don’t like?
– You see, the edges are uneven.
– Yes. Move over here.
– Formation or compaction.
– We need CT.
What do I think at this time? The formation is jagged and needs CT. This is cancer. Here it is, it turns out, how it happens (it turned out, too, a consequence of hepatitis). But why is it easier to tell me: I am alarmed by the sight of your gallbladder, I will now call a colleague, and we will think together, perhaps it will be necessary to additionally prescribe a CT scan.
There is nothing worse than when experts stand over you, speak their bird’s language, in a whisper, but you seem to be gone.
Well, or you exist, but your presence definitely prevents them from expressing themselves more freely. But you are you, and this is your body. You are not an interesting case, you are a man.
Brought to CT. There is a wild smell in the room. Yes, this is what we treated for lice after a homeless person, go to bed. Guys, I’m glad that the homeless person did a CT scan (it’s cool, in the old days he would have been kicked out on the street), and I’m glad that after that you processed everything. But I do not want to go to the machine after the lice. Really it was impossible to say: sorry for this unpleasant smell, these antiseptic disinfectant solutions smell like that.(Ethics!)
Well, the sheets. Everything is very simple. It is necessary that disposable sheets should be placed on the couches not after the previous patient left, but in my presence when I entered. So that I can see that a new bed has been laid for me. It’s the same with gloves. You should put them on so that the patient sees that you put them on clean before the procedure. And then I go in – a doctor with gloves is typing at the computer. I sit down, undress, he is all in gloves. With gloves, he writes something on the card, with gloves, he touches me.How many more patients the doctor touched with these gloves – I do not know. Most likely not a single one.
But for the sake of the patient’s peace of mind and out of respect for him, one simple rule must be observed – disposable gloves, sheets, diapers must be put on and laid in the presence of the patient so that he can see – this is for him, everything is safe and sterile (this rule has long been implemented in all beauty salons, but in hospitals for some reason not).
About phones and talking about your own
In whatever department I lay, including the intensive care unit, conversations with doctors are unceremoniously interrupted by a barking dog barking, or by the anthem of the Soviet Union, or by children’s laughter, or by popular melodies.This is our all – calls to the mobile.
I am not parting with my mobile either. He is memory, conscience, motherhood, and the leadership of the CPP – everything is in him. But I never hear melodies from my pocket at work. The phone is in vibration mode, without sound. If I leave the ward, I’ll call you back. Never, never, not a single chief, upon learning that I was in the ward or on the round, expressed dissatisfaction. Well, personal calls are only from the office. If someone calls very persistently, then you need to apologize and leave the room, but you should never, NEVER talk about your own and with your friends on the phone in the presence of the patient.
Photo: Efim Erichman / “Pravmir”
When you are with a patient, he is in charge. His illness, his state of mind, his attention are a priority. You cannot demonstrate that you are busy, that you have other things to do, that there is something more important than the illness of the person in front of you. Phone calls make us patients feel uncomfortable. As if we were at the wrong time and in the wrong place. As if we are interfering with work. But it’s so easy – turn off the sound and call back when you leave the room.
During my days in hospitals, I heard about homework, and about returning a purchase to an online store, and about repairs, and whatnot … And this is all pressing my phone with my shoulder to my ear and at the same time cleaning the room, delivering food, studying the research results …
Patient-centeredness is when the patient is at the center of the universe. Patient focus is when the patient’s interest is higher than any other interest. Empathy is the ability to feel the experiences and emotions that the patient is experiencing right now in front of you.And you can learn all this, this is a banal professional ethics. It is just important to start paying attention to this in the same way as repairs, equipment, process efficiency.
Conclusions and rules
It is important for me to write and publish this not in order to collect comments about who and when behaved unethically in the provision of medical care, but so that more people know what they are entitled to. Then the attitude “towards the patient” will change to the attitude “towards the person.”
The patient and the doctor are not in an equal position, the doctor is always in the strong position, and the patient is always more vulnerable.
The doctor always dominates. It is natural. He knows more, he foresees the development of the disease. The patient, in comparison with the doctor, is, if not in darkness, then in a dense fog. And the doctor’s task is not to increase this gap, but to reduce it, because it is possible to effectively treat a disease (any) only together, when the doctor and the patient are in the same team.
I will try to summarize what I have written so that there are some specific rules and recommendations suitable not only for our hospices, but for any clinic:
- For any intimate procedures, it is imperative to use a screen, even (even more so!) In the intensive care unit.
- You should always warn the patient about what you are going to do and why, and each time ask his permission for any manipulations. The patient is not an object, but a subject. This is his illness and his body. The owner of the body is the patient, not the doctor. (“Allow me, I will listen to you.”
- When at work, always mute your mobile phone. Call back only after leaving the room.
- Before entering the ward – knock.After opening the door, ask if you can enter. The ward is the patient’s territory.
- Say hello and introduce yourself as you enter the room. The patient is not obliged to distinguish the doctor from the nurse in form. It is advisable to indicate on the badge only the name and position, large, so that the information is easily readable (“Maria Petrovna Sidorova – pediatrician”, “Alena – nurse”). A lot of titles, regalia, statuses and the full name of the institution eat up the place on the badge, and it becomes useless.
- When greeting, indicate the time of day.When a person is sick, sleeps a lot, lies in the intensive care unit with the light on all the time, he loses track of time. Therefore, it is advisable to say not “hello”, but “good morning, afternoon, evening” in order to orient the person in time.
- It is advisable to hang information about the patient not at the feet on the bed, sticking it with tape, but on the wall at the head of the bed in a special wall-mounted envelope. So you don’t have to look at your feet, remove a sign or bend over to make out the name of the person in front of you.Moreover, if the name is noticeable, then the nurses, the cleaning lady, the barmaid, and the visitors will be able to address by name. It’s always nice to be addressed by name instead of the standard question asked by looking at some papers in your hands: soooo, is this here … uh … Federmesser?
- Always wear and remove a new pair of gloves when the patient is present. Gloves are safe for both the medic and the patient, so demonstrate that whatever you do, you do it for him or her. After the procedure, remove the gloves, turn them out and touch the patient’s shoulder with your bare hand.To make it clear that you do not disdain his sick and feeble, sometimes foul-smelling body, you simply follow the safety rules. Before letting go of the patient, ask how it went.
- Place disposable sheets on the couches in diagnostic rooms in the presence of the patient, so that he does not have thoughts that someone has already lain down here.
- Do not criticize the work of other doctors and institutions. You undermine the patient’s confidence in medicine in general.
- Be tactful in your conversation with the patient – avoid vulgarities, euphemisms, and allusions related to the patient’s gender.After all, the patient is not always able to answer a joke and is not always able to understand and appreciate it. Rather, he will not be encouraged, but offended by your tactlessness. Be polite and neutral.
- Never give pills to patients all day at once. You don’t know, what if it occurs to me to drink all at once or not drink at all … It is necessary to control the distribution and intake of drugs. For this, the drugs must be given in the ward at each appointment. It is also always necessary to know what is prescribed and for what in order to answer the patient’s questions.
- Serve food beautifully. Sick people often have neither the strength to eat nor the appetite. Food served in beautiful dishes, neatly served, looks more appetizing. And yes, it is important !! Buy everything you need and make sure that in all departments people are always given not only a tablespoon, but also a fork, knife and teaspoon. There is not a single SanPiN prohibiting us from purchasing and using forks and table knives. Serve your food just like at home. There will be fewer complaints, and people are in a better mood.
- A person who can sit down and get up should not be given a cup, and someone who can only turn his head, on the contrary, should not put a cup of water on the bedside table. He still won’t reach.
- If the patient is lying down, do not push the bedside table against the wall at the headboard, move it closer to the center of the bed. Reaching things on the nightstand is much easier by stretching your hand forward rather than twisting it back behind your head.
- Never wear a diaper on a patient who can control the processes occurring in the body.Serve the boat to the recumbent. For those who can sit and change, put a toilet seat. Anyone who can get up, with a walker or arm, escort to the toilet or take it there on a chair. But NEVER take away from a person what the disease has not taken away from him. Self-reliance is what we are most afraid of losing.
- Do not leave patients naked. Even in intensive care. If you need to provide access to the body, to catheters, etc. – purchase special hospital gowns that tie at the back.(They are sold in our country and are even used in some clinics, like screens.) This will not hurt the doctors, and will preserve the self-esteem so dear to people. Always give the patient a sheet to cover up if it is, for example, an ultrasound scan early in pregnancy or an intravaginal examination of the pelvic veins.
- Do not criticize the patient, say not what he does WRONG, but explain HOW to do it right and why. Ask what and how much the patient wants to know about his illness and its treatment.There are a lot of people who don’t want to know anything at all.
- Always check after the conversation if everything is clear, and reiterate the main points at the end. Patients are often very confused during a conversation, have poor concentration and remember what was said, especially if it is bad news.
- Remember that requiring staff to be ethical about a patient is only possible when the staff feels tactful and respectful from their own management.Physicians who work in conditions where they are not appreciated or respected, where they are not thanked for every day they work, are not supported or encouraged, will never have enough strength to value and respect the patient.
In general, there is only one golden rule that works everywhere, not only in medicine. But it is in medicine that its absence is most humiliating and painful for each of us. It sounds like this:
DO WITH OTHERS AS YOU WANT TO DO TO YOU.
Many thanks to all those who are trying to build work in accordance with this rule. There are a lot of us. And it was not a shame or humiliation to be a patient with you.
Source: Facebook Nyuta Federmesser