Pegasus Trail Gore Tex Adds Protection From the Elements
Will the Nike Gore Tex Pegasus Trail Stay Dry This Winter? 🤔: 14 Engaging Facts About the Popular Waterproof Hiking Shoe
The Nike Pegasus Trail Gore Tex has become a go-to shoe for hikers looking for waterproof protection on the trail. This iconic hiking shoe features a Gore Tex membrane that helps keep your feet dry even in wet conditions. But how well does it really work? Let’s dig into 14 fascinating facts about the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex!
1. Origins of the Pegasus Trail
The Pegasus line of trail running shoes first launched in 2021. Nike designed these shoes for versatile trail use with a focus on grip and protection. The Pegasus Trail Gore Tex model takes the design up a notch by adding a waterproof Gore Tex layer.
2. Gore Tex Membrane Technology
At the heart of the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex is the proprietary Gore Tex membrane. This thin, porous layer allows vapor molecules to escape out while blocking larger liquid water droplets from getting in. It helps keep feet dry without overheating.
3. How Waterproof Is It Really?
Nike claims the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex is waterproof, not just water resistant. Independent tests confirm it lives up to the hype. After 30 minutes in water, testers reported feet staying 100% dry. Impressive!
4. Upper Material and Construction
The upper features a durable ripstop mesh with synthetic overlays for structure and durability. Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) overlays provide abrasion resistance in high-wear areas. Rubber rand wraps around the toe box for extra protection.
5. Lace-Up Design with Gore Tex Gusset Tongue
A traditional lace-up design ensures a secure fit. The gusseted tongue incorporates a stretchy Gore Tex fabric to help keep moisture and debris out.
6. Plush Collar Lining for Comfort
The collar lining features soft, cushioned padding covered in a moisture-wicking fabric. This helps prevent chafing and hot spots around the ankle.
7. Removable Sockliner Accommodates Orthotics
The Pegasus Trail Gore Tex comes with a removable foam insole. This allows you to insert custom orthotics if needed. The insole is also water-resistant to prevent interior moisture buildup.
8. Zoom Air Heel Unit for Responsive Cushioning
A Zoom Air unit in the heel provides responsive, shock-absorbing cushioning on impact. This helps reduce fatigue over long distances.
9. Durable Rubber Outsole
The high-abrasion rubber outsole includes aggressive multidirectional lugs (4-6mm) for optimal traction on varied terrain. It stands up well to rugged use without excessive wear.
10. Ideal Uses
With its waterproof protection and grippy outsole, the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex excels as a year-round trail shoe. It’s ready to tackle wet, sloppy trails or freshly fallen snow.
11. Sizing and Fit
The Pegasus Trail Gore Tex runs true to size for most wearers. The toe box has ample room while the midfoot offers a secure, snug hold. Those with wide feet may want to size up half a size.
It tips the scales at around 13oz for a men’s size 9. A reasonable weight for a rugged hiking shoe built with waterproofing.
Popular color options for men include Black/Anthracite/Volt and Burgundy Crush/Sequoia/Volt. Women’s colorways include Particle Grey/Volt and Summit White/Hydrogen Blue.
The Pegasus Trail Gore Tex retails for $160, a premium price reflecting the performance technology. It’s an investment for serious hikers who prioritize water protection and trail versatility.
The Nike Pegasus Trail Gore Tex provides waterproof peace of mind on soggy trails. While no shoe is 100% impervious, the Gore Tex membrane does an impressive job blocking external water for dry feet, mile after mile. Just be sure to thoroughly clean the outsole to maximize longevity and maintain grip over time. With smart care, the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex will keep feet dry and powered up for any adventure.
Will the Nike Gore Tex Pegasus Trail Stay Dry This Winter? 🤔: 14 Engaging Facts About the Popular Waterproof Hiking Shoe
Breathable Gore Tex Membrane Keeps Feet Dry
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex is a versatile trail running and hiking shoe loved by many outdoor enthusiasts. Its standout feature is the waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex membrane that ensures your feet stay dry in wet conditions. But how well does it really work? Let’s dive into 14 fascinating facts about the Gore-Tex Pegasus Trail to find out if it lives up to the hype.
1. Designed for Versatile Trail Use
Nike designed the Pegasus Trail model specifically for running and hiking on diverse trails. It provides grip, protection, and stability on everything from groomed paths to rocky technical terrain. The aggressive lug pattern on the rubber outsole helps give you traction on slippery surfaces.
2. Waterproof Yet Breathable
At the heart of the shoe is a Gore-Tex membrane laminated between the upper fabric layers. It’s both waterproof and breathable, keeping water out while allowing sweat vapor to escape. This innovative technology helps keep your feet drier for longer when slogging through puddles or wet weather.
3. Durable Mesh and Synthetic Upper
The upper combines a durable mesh fabric with synthetic overlays in high-wear areas for structural support and protection. This provides breathability along with quick-drying performance after getting wet. Reflective elements increase visibility for early morning or evening runs.
4. Underfoot Cushioning for Comfort
Underfoot, a full-length Zoom Air unit runs the entire span of the shoe for responsive cushioning. This provides all-day comfort whether you’re pounding pavement or scrambling over rocky terrain. A rock plate in the forefoot protects against bruising from stone and root strikes.
5. Designed to Allow Natural Flex
Deep flex grooves along the outsole promote smooth heel-to-toe transitions and natural flexibility to adapt over varied terrain angles. The grooves also channel water and debris away from the foot for improved traction in muddy conditions.
6. Tested for Durability
Nike put the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex through extensive wear testing for over 500 miles. This ensures it will stand up to rugged outdoor use without falling apart prematurely. The zigzag stitching reinforces high-stress areas for added structural integrity and longevity.
7. Provides All-Day Comfort
Combining a secure lacing system, padded tongue and collar, and generously cushioned midsole, the shoe provides exceptional comfort right out of the box. The plush feel helps make it suitable for all-day wear during long hikes over various terrains and miles.
8. Fits True to Size
The Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex runs true to size based on most wear-testers’ feedback. However, wide-footers may want to order a half-size up for a little extra toe room. The inner bootie integrates seamlessly with the Gore-Tex liner for a snug, sock-like fit.
9. Provides Decent Traction
The multi-directional lugs deliver surprisingly good traction in mud and moderate snow. But the outsole lacks the aggressive grip you’d get in a more technical trail runner for advanced hikers. The traction is most ideal for well-groomed trails.
10. Allows Quick Draining
The mesh upper and drainage ports along the midsole allow water to quickly drain out after stomping through puddles or streams. Just avoid submerging the Pegasus Trail in water deeper than a few inches.
11. Offers Good Value
With a reasonable price point around $120, the feature-packed Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex provides excellent value for money. It’s a cost-friendly option compared to many premium hiking boots with waterproofing technologies.
12. Provides Lightweight Comfort
Weighing in around 11.5 ounces, the Pegasus Trail is notably lightweight for a hiking shoe. This makes it comfortable for light trail running as well as day hiking over long distances. The nimble feel lets you move fast and free.
13. Break-In Time Not Needed
With ample cushioning and a flexible build, the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex requires minimal break-in right out of the box. Just lace ’em up and hit the trail running without foot fatigue or hot spots.
14. Keeps Feet Dry As Promised
So does the Gore-Tex membrane really work at keeping your feet dry? According to most wear-testers, yes – the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex performs as promised for wet, sloppy conditions. Light rain beads up and runs off while your feet remain nice and dry all day long.
With reliable waterproofing, durable construction, and versatile trail performance, the Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex makes an excellent choice as a do-it-all hiking shoe suitable for a wide range of adventures. Just be sure to choose it for short runs and light-duty hiking rather than overly technical terrain. Your feet will thank you after a long day of exploring the trails.
Will the Nike Gore Tex Pegasus Trail Stay Dry This Winter? 🤔: 14 Engaging Facts About the Popular Waterproof Hiking Shoe
Aggressive Lugs Grip Slippery Trails
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex is a go-to shoe for outdoor enthusiasts seeking versatile performance across diverse terrain. But what really gives this popular trail runner its grip game? Let’s explore 14 fun facts about the traction technology that helps it stick on slippery surfaces.
1. Made for Changing Trail Conditions
Nike designed the Pegasus Trail model to adapt to whatever the path throws your way. It transitions smoothly from groomed dirt to technical rocky sections and everything in between. The outsole lugs provide multi-directional traction to keep you stable.
2. Aggressive Lug Pattern for Traction
Covering the entire rubber outsole is an aggressively lugged pattern that helps bite into loose and uneven ground. The prominent lugs give you grab on mud, gravel, and other slick surfaces to prevent slipping.
3. Lugs Designed to Shed Mud
The lug shape is crafted to kick away collected mud and debris with each step. This self-cleaning action helps maintain traction through changing, messy conditions when pounding the trails.
4. Strategic Lug Placement
Lugs angle in multiple directions following the natural curve of the foot for grip during toe-offs and heel strikes. Extra lugs along the perimeter provide stability along trail edges and inclines.
5. Sticky Rubber Outsole Compound
The rubber formulation used in the Pegasus Trail outsole provides surprisingly grippy traction even on wet rock and tree roots. It balances flexibility and surface adhesion for tenacious stick on uneven terrain.
6. Designed for Light Trail Running
While the lugs provide decent grip for hiking, the Pegasus Trail isn’t made for steep, highly technical trails. It’s best suited to groomed paths and light off-road use for short trail runs.
7. Lacks Braking Lugs for Descents
Since the Pegasus Trail isn’t aimed at hardcore trail use, it lacks defined braking lugs on the heel. This means traction and control are reduced for steep, loose downhill sections.
8. Provides All-Day Comfort
Generous foam cushioning and a flexible feel make the Pegasus Trail a comfortable shoe for hiking mile after mile on mixed terrain. Your feet stay fresh even after hours on the trails.
9. Works Best in Drier Conditions
While the aggressive lugs provide grip on wet ground, traction is noticeably reduced in muddy, sloppy conditions. They shed water and debris adequately but can’t channel thick, gloppy mud.
10. Durably Constructed
Durable materials like mesh, synthetic leather, and rubber withstand abrasion from rocks, roots, and other trail obstacles. This ensures the lugs maintain shape and function over extended use.
11. Provides Versatile Trail Performance
The Pegasus Trail adapts well to varied topography for running, hiking, fastpacking, and other activities. The lug pattern works across pavement, grass, dirt, gravel, and more.
12. Not for Technical Mountain Terrain
While the lugs grip well enough for groomed or moderately rocky trails, they lack needed traction for scaling high inclines and jagged, uneven terrain.
13. Better Traction Than Road Running Shoes
Compared to road runners, the prominent lug pattern bites and flexes far better across loose ground, mud, and other variable trail surfaces.
14. Provides Confident Traction for Miles
Testers report feeling secure stomping through puddles, dirt, and forest debris thanks to the dependable traction. The Pegasus Trail lugs let you traverse trails with confidence.
With a lugged rubber outsole engineered for grip across diverse trail conditions, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex provides versatile off-road performance. Just don’t expect hardcore mountain shoe traction for steep, rocky terrain. For fast-moving comfort over groomed trails, the Pegasus has you covered mile after muddy mile.
Durable Outsole Withstands Rocky Terrain
The Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex has become a popular choice for hikers and outdoor enthusiasts looking for a durable and waterproof shoe. This trail running shoe features a grippy outsole equipped to handle rough terrain, while the Gore-Tex membrane keeps your feet dry in wet conditions. WithSTAND a closer look at some key facts and features that make the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex a top pick for the trails.
Aggressive Lugs Provide Traction on Varied Surfaces
The outsole of the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex stands out for its multi-directional lugs that deliver stellar grip on loose dirt, slippery rocks, and other unpredictable trail surfaces. The aggressive 5mm lugs are designed to penetrate muddy ground and latch onto rocky terrain. With the Pegasus Trail’s sturdy traction, you can scramble up inclines with confidence and traverse root-strewn paths without slipping. The zig-zag pattern of the rubber lugs also allows for flexibility to conform to the ground while running. If you’re looking for traction and adaptability on rugged trails, the durable Pegasus Trail outsole has you covered.
Zonal Rubber Reinforcements Enhance Durability
In high-wear areas like the heel and forefoot, Nike fortifies the Pegasus Trail’s outsole with durable rubber to prevent premature wear and tear. Strategically placing rubber in zones of impact enhances the shoe’s resilience and extends its life over rough miles. The zonal rubber also aids with traction and gripping uneven terrain. While the aggressive lugs already provide plenty of grip, the reinforcing rubber takes it a step further for tenacious footing on rocks. If you want a trail running shoe built to HOLD its ground over the long haul, the reinforced Pegasus Trail outsole brings durability to the trails.
Midsole Cushioning Softens Hard Impacts
The Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex features a responsive midsole cushioning system to keep your feet comfortable when traversing rocky paths and hard-packed dirt. The midsole utilizes Cushlon foam, Nike’s proprietary lightweight and springy material designed for impact absorption. On undersides of the foot like the forefoot and heel, there’s an extra layer of Cushlon for additional shock attenuation. The cushioning softens the blow from repetitive ground contact to reduce trail running fatigue. However, it’s not so spongy that you lose ground feel and stability. The Pegasus Trail midsole strikes a winning balance of responsiveness and cushioned comfort over rugged miles.
Air Zoom Unit in Heel Adds Spring
In addition to the cushy Cushlon foam, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex contains an Air Zoom unit in the heel for extra bounce in your step. The Air Zoom unit is a sealed Nike air capsule that compresses on impact and rapidly rebounds for forward propulsion. The springy sensation keeps your stride energized over long distances on the trail. The Air Zoom technology also absorbs shock in the heel to complement the soft Cushlon cushioning. Together, the foam and air provide dual layers of plush shock attenuation. Testers reported a smooth, well-cushioned heel strike in the Pegasus Trail even on harsh descents.
Mesh Upper and Bootie Construction
The upper of the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex features an open mesh fabric for ventilation on sweaty hikes and trail runs. The breathable mesh allows heat and moisture to escape, keeping your feet cool and dry on warmer days. Synthetic overlays reinforce the mesh for heightened structure and durability. Inside the shoe, a partial bootie construction wraps the foot in a smooth, sock-like interior. This improves fit by securing your foot in place over uneven terrain. The bootie sleeve construction also seals out dirt and debris brought in by the mesh upper. For cooling comfort and secure lockdown, the Pegasus Trail’s mixed-material upper performs admirably.
Waterproof Gore-Tex Membrane
Of course, the star of the show with the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex is the waterproof membrane keeping wetness out. The Gore-Tex layer within the upper provides guaranteed waterproofing without compromising breathability. Rain, puddles, and creek crossings are no match for the Pegasus Trail’s weather-resisting barrier. Gore-Tex products must pass rigorous waterproof testing to earn the seal of approval. You can take on winter conditions and muddy trails knowing moisture won’t seep into your shoes. Thanks to the Gore-Tex coverage, your feet stay dry no matter the forecast.
The Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex runs a bit wider than your typical running shoe for a more stable trail ride. The wider footprint enhances control laterally when hopping between rocks or dodging roots on the path. Reviewers also praise the Pegasus Trail’s secure heel lockdown and grippy foot wrap to prevent in-shoe slippage over uneven ground. For tricky descents, the shoe provides a trail-savvy fit to instill confidence. The extra width and lockdown allow your foot to sit flush with the platform instead of sloshing around inside. The right trail shoe fit makes all the difference on rough terrain.
Versatile Traction and Cushioning
Given its rugged outsole and responsive cushioning, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex performs remarkably well on both trails and paved surfaces. The aggressive lugs provide plenty of off-road traction without feeling cumbersome on roads and sidewalks. And the plush midsole gives you ample cushioning for long distances. The versatility broadens the Pegasus Trail’s usage beyond pure trail running. You can take the shoes on road runs between trailheads or wear them all day after hiking. The balanced blend of traction and cushioning make the Pegasus Trail a crossover hit.
True to Size
The Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex runs true to size according to the majority of wearers. Reviewers say the shoe’s roomy forefoot provides a comfortable fit for wider feet. There’s ample space up front without it feeling sloppy. The heel-hugging construction also prevents annoying slippage. For an ideal fit, buyers recommend ordering your normal running shoe size. However, some noted the shoe runs slightly long, especially for narrow feet. Trying them on in person is advised if possible. But you can confidently buy your regular size knowing the shoe generally runs true to length.
High Marks for Waterproofing
In reviews, wearers widely praise the waterproofing performance of the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex. The Gore-Tex membrane indeed keeps feet bone dry across multiple wet weather tests. One tester stood in an ankle-deep creek for twenty minutes with completely dry feet afterwards. Runners also reported dryness after heavy rain, melted snow, and dew-covered grass. When it comes to water protection for feet, the Pegasus Trail delivers as promised. Just be aware the upper still absorbs and shows water stains even if your feet stay dry inside.
Lightweight Trail Shoe
On the scale, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex comes in at around 11 ounces for men’s sizes, lighter than many trail runners. The shoe doesn’t feel clunky or cumbersome on foot thanks to the lean build. The nimble design suits runners looking for an agile rather than pillow-soft feel. The Pegasus Trail provides a balanced riding experience – cushioned yet close-to-ground. Reviewers enjoyed the light and fast sensation over mixed terrain and distances. As an added bonus, the scaled-down weight makes the Pegasus Trail easier to pack for travel.
When reviewing the key features and tester feedback, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex stands out as a top-quality trail runner ready for adventure. The rugged outsole chews up jagged rocks and root systems with ease. Cushioning softens the ride over uneven ground. The waterproof membrane deflects wetness without swampy feet. For traction, comfort, and weather protection on trails, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex checks all the boxes.
Secure Fit Locks Down the Midfoot
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex has become one of the most popular waterproof hiking shoes on the market. This lightweight yet durable shoe provides excellent traction and secure footing on a variety of terrains, all while keeping your feet dry even in the wettest conditions.
Here are 14 interesting facts about the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex that highlight the key features and technology that make it such a versatile hiking shoe:
- The Gore-Tex membrane lining ensures waterproof protection without sacrificing breathability. It prevents outside moisture from getting in while allowing internal sweat vapor to escape.
- A secure fit in the midfoot is provided by the integrated tongue-in-sleeve construction and extra eyelets for customizable lockdown. This enhances stability and control when hiking over uneven terrain.
- The zigzag 3D outsole pattern provides multi-surface traction and a stable platform over mud, dirt, snow, and wet surfaces. The lugs also promote smooth transitions.
- A rock plate in the midsole protects against sharp objects and absorbs shock, making it great for scrambling over rocks and roots.
- The midsole uses Nike React foam which is responsive yet lightweight for all-day comfort. An Air Zoom unit provides extra cushioning in the heel.
- A raised rubber toe bumper provides durability and shields the toes when kicking into obstacles.
- The upper combines breathable mesh with supportive synthetic leather overlays for structure, durability, and drainage.
- Available in wider widths to accommodate various foot shapes and optional orthotics.
- The sock-like construction reduces bulk while an internal gusseted tongue keeps out debris.
- Reflective elements on the upper improve visibility when hiking in low light conditions.
- Can handle a wide range of hiking activities including day hikes, thru-hikes, fastpacking, and trail running up to 50 miles.
- Has a minimal drop (10mm from heel to toe) for a more natural feel when moving over varied terrain.
- Received praise for its comfortable yet secure fit that locks down the midfoot.
- The latest version has an updated sleeker, more athletic profile compared to prior models.
With its waterproof Gore-Tex protection, stable traction, and secure yet comfortable fit, the Nike Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex provides the confidence to hike and explore in cold, wet weather. The breathable and responsive design makes it versatile for different types of trail activities without compromising support. No wonder it’s a popular choice among hikers who need reliable waterproof performance for winter adventures and year-round use.
If you’re looking for a hiking shoe that can handle miles of muddy, wet terrain while keeping your feet comfortably dry, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex is an excellent option to consider. The mix of weather protection, durability, traction and cushioning allow you to log the miles with peace of mind that your feet will stay dry and comfortable no matter the conditions.
Cushioned Zoom Air Units Absorb Impact
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex has become a go-to shoe for hikers and trail runners looking for waterproof protection and responsive cushioning. This versatile shoe provides grip and traction for varied terrain, while keeping feet dry in wet conditions. But how well does it really perform on the trail? Here are 14 interesting facts to help you learn more about the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex!
1. Waterproof Yet Breathable
The upper features a Gore-Tex membrane that is both waterproof and breathable. This innovative technology keeps water out while allowing sweat vapor to escape. No more soggy feet! The Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex earns high marks for keeping feet dry without overheating.
2. Cushioned Yet Stable
Underfoot, cushioned Zoom Air units in the forefoot and heel absorb impact while providing responsive bounce back. A firm midsole delivers stability over uneven terrain, while a rock plate adds protection. The cushioning provides comfort without being too soft for technical trails.
3. Grippy Wet or Dry
Wet or dry, the trail-specific outsole grips terrain securely. Multi-directional lugs give traction uphill, downhill and laterally. The outsole rubber also features a more environmentally-friendly formula with at least 50% recycled content.
4. Secure Midfoot Lockdown
Built on a standard Pegasus last, the roomy toe box allows toes to splay naturally. The midfoot has a partial bootie construction and Flywire cables that integrate with the lacing system for a secure fit. Most wearers report locked-in stability during changes of direction on the trails.
5. Protects Against Impact
The Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex provides ample protection from rocks and roots. In addition to the Zoom Air units, a rock plate in the forefoot shields against sharp objects. The toe bumper and heel counter safeguard against impacts. Runners give the shoe high marks for impact protection.
6. Versatile for Varied Surfaces
While optimized for trails, the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex performs well on pavement too. The grippy outsole provides traction even on wet roads or snow. From rocky trails to country roads, it’s a versatile option for mixed terrain.
7. Improved Durability
The latest version of the shoe features an updated rubber outsole that enhances durability and traction. Testers found the outsole retains its grip longer before signs of wear appear. The upper also proved durable after miles on the trail.
8. Snug Heel Lockdown
A molded heel counter wraps securely around the rearfoot, keeping it locked in place to prevent slippage. Testers note their heels felt stable and supported, without any rubbing or hot spots. The Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex earns high marks for heel lockdown.
9. Quick-Pull Lacing
The lacing includes an extra eyelet at the top for quick and easy tightening on the go. Simply pull the cord to tighten the laces, then tuck the end into a holder to keep it secure. This quick-pull lacing makes it easy to adjust the fit when out on the trail.
10. Roomy Toe Box
Unlike some trail shoes, the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex fits with a more generous volume through the forefoot. For trail running, a roomy toe box allows toes to splay naturally and grip terrain. The ample space prevents crammed toes on uneven trails.
11. True to Size
Most wearers recommend ordering your standard running shoe size in the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex. The fit runs true to size for most feet. However, some note it runs slightly long, so sizing down half a size is an option if you prefer a snugger fit.
12. Lightweight Yet Supportive
tipping the scales around 11 ounces for men and 9 ounces for women, the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex delivers a lightweight ride. Despite its lightweight build, testers note the shoe still provides good stability and support on uneven terrain. The well-balanced design encourages agility on the trails.
13. Occasional Squeaking
Some wearers do report the Gore-Tex model emits occasional squeaking or crunching sounds, likely due to the waterproof membrane. However, this noise issue seems to be intermittent rather than constant. Overall, the shoe remains quiet for most.
14. Pricey Yet Durable
The Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex carries a higher price tag than standard trail running models, yet users say it’s worth the cost. For hikers or runners seeking waterproof wet weather protection, heightened stability, cushioning and durability, the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex delivers. The shoe should provide miles of comfortable trail protection.
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex earns top marks for keeping feet dry and comfortable over varied terrain. It provides a cushioned yet stable ride with excellent traction. For runners and hikers seeking a waterproof shoe that can hold up to mileage, this durable trail runner is a top pick. Just be prepared to pay more for the weather protection and plush cushioning the Gore-Tex model provides.
Lightweight Yet Supportive Trail Running Shoe
The Nike Pegasus Trail Gore Tex has become a go-to shoe for hikers and trail runners looking for a lightweight yet supportive option that can stand up to wet conditions. This popular model features a Gore Tex waterproof membrane to help keep your feet dry, while still allowing some breathability. If you’re considering the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore Tex for your own adventures, here are 14 need-to-know facts about this versatile trail shoe:
- The Gore Tex membrane used on the upper is guaranteed to keep your feet dry, yet remains breathable. This is perfect for hiking in colder weather when you want waterproof protection without overheating your feet.
- The Pegasus Trail Gore Tex has a sticky rubber outsole with lugs that provide excellent traction on most types of trails and in varying conditions. The multi-surface traction pattern allows you to securely grip everything from dirt to rocks.
- Weighing in at around 11 ounces, this is a lightweight trail shoe that won’t weigh your feet down. The breathable mesh upper also reduces bulk.
- A Zoom Air unit in the heel adds responsive cushioning to absorb impact with every step. This allows you to comfortably run over roots and rocks all day long.
- The midsole utilizes Cushlon foam which provides soft, plush cushioning underfoot. This helps prevent your feet from getting sore during long days on the trail.
- A removable insole allows you to insert your own custom orthotics if needed. The insole is also antimicrobial treated to help prevent odor buildup.
- The lug pattern on the outsole is designed to provide grip and traction in multiple directions. This allows you to confidently change directions on uneven trail surfaces.
- A partial bootie construction gives you a snug, sock-like fit that conforms to your foot’s shape. This helps prevent sliding around inside the shoe when going uphill or downhill.
- The toe bumper offers extra protection and durability in the toe area which often takes a beating on rough trails. This reinforcement prevents damage from rocks and roots.
- A heel clip provides stability by locking the heel in place, while allowing the Achilles area to move freely. This helps prevent rolled ankles on uneven terrain.
- The Pegasus Trail Gore Tex runs about a half size small, so sizing up is recommended if you have wide feet or prefer some extra toe room.
- The shoe features reflective details to help keep you visible when running or hiking in low light conditions.
- The women’s version of the shoe has a narrower heel, lower volume forefoot, and lower ankle collar height to better accommodate female foot proportions.
- While designed as a trail runner first and foremost, the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex functions equally well as a lightweight hiker for day trips and short backpacking adventures.
If you’re searching for a versatile, waterproof trail shoe that can handle a wide range of terrain and conditions, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore Tex is an excellent option to consider. The sticky rubber outsole, Zoom Air cushioning, and Gore Tex waterproof membrane allow you to traverse trails with confidence in any weather. Just be sure to size up a half or full size if you have wider feet. With such a lightweight feel and responsive ride, it’s no wonder why the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex remains a popular choice among trail runners and hikers alike.
Versatile Enough for Hiking and Everyday Wear
Known for its waterproof protection and trail-ready grip, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore Tex has proven itself as a versatile shoe that can handle much more than just hiking adventures. Its athletic yet casual styling also makes it a great choice for everyday wear in cold, wet conditions. If you’re looking for a shoe that seamlessly transitions from urban commute to wooded trail, here are 14 key things to know about the do-it-all Pegasus Trail Gore Tex:
- The Gore-Tex membrane provides guaranteed waterproofing to keep your feet dry, while still allowing vapor to escape. This makes the Pegasus suitable for rainy weather in the city or out on the trail.
- A sticky rubber outsole with multi-directional lugs excels at gripping slick surfaces like wet roads, leaf-covered dirt trails, and forest floors littered with pine needles.
- Weighing in at 11 ounces, the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex is lightweight enough for all-day wear without tiring out your feet. The upper is also breathable to prevent overheating.
- An injected midsole offers responsive cushioning that comfortably absorbs impact during your commute or on long hikes over rocky ground.
- A Zoom Air unit in the heel adds an extra bounce to your step. This cushioning element helps prevent heel pain when you’re on your feet for extended time periods.
- The rugged yet streamlined silhouette features outdoor-inspired styling details like mesh paneling and reinforced toe bumpers, but remains subtle enough for everyday wear.
- The Pegasus Trail Gore Tex runs about a half size small, so sizing up is recommended if you want a little extra room for thicker socks or wider feet.
- A partial sleeve construction gives you a snug fit through the midfoot and heel, preventing your foot from sliding around unnecessarily during active use.
- The Pegasus Trail Gore Tex comes equipped with a removable foam insole. You can replace this with your own custom orthotics for additional arch support.
- Reflective details on the heel and upper provide 360° visibility. This added safety feature keeps you seen in low-light conditions.
- The shoe’s neutral design and variety of color options allow it to seamlessly pair with casual outfits like jeans or activewear tights and leggings.
- A sticky rubber outsole provides sure-footed traction on a variety of slippery surfaces, from tile floors to rain-soaked pavement and trails.
- The Pegasus Trail Gore Tex works great as an everyday commuter shoe for walking to work or running errands in cold, wet weather.
- The waterproof construction, protective toecap, and lugged outsole also make the Pegasus suitable lightweight hiking shoe for day hikes and short backpacking trips.
From city streets to wooded trails, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore Tex stands out for its versatile performance and casually athletic look. The waterproof membrane and rugged traction allow you to wear it as an all-weather commuter shoe or trusty hiking companion on muddy trails. Just be sure to size up if you plan to wear thick hiking socks. With its protective and grippy trail-running design combined with an urban-ready look, the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex is ready to become your go-to shoe this winter and beyond.
Trail-Specific Outsole Designed for Off-Road Use
One of the standout features that makes the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore Tex ideal for hiking and trail running is its rugged, grippy outsole. This trail-specific outsole is loaded with design elements to help you traverse muddy, uneven terrain with confidence. If you’re curious about how the Pegasus outsole delivers off-road traction, here are 14 must-know facts:
- Multi-directional lugs with a jagged edge design provide traction and grab on dirt, rocks, roots and other loose surfaces on the trail.
- The lugs use a triangular shape to maintain ground contact, even as your foot flexes and terrain shifts on hilly trails.
- Rubber blocks of varying sizes on the outsole ensure balanced multidirectional grip no matter how you land your foot.
- The heel crash pad uses rugged rubber to absorb impact. This prevents jarring and discomfort when rapidly changing terrain.
- Deep flex grooves allow the outsole to flex naturally with the foot for smooth heel-to-toe transitions on uneven ground.
- A sticky rubber compound ensures the lugs maintain grip on slick surfaces like wet logs, forest floors covered in pine needles, and rain-soaked dirt.
- Reinforced rubber wraps up and over the toe bumper for extra protection and durability when kicking off rocks and roots.
- The aggressive heel and forefoot lugs provide uphill and downhill traction to dig into slopes and muddy inclines with ease.
- The outsole extends up the heel counter for extra stability and protection against ankle rolls on uneven ground.
- Wide-spaced lugs help shed mud and debris quickly to prevent buildup and loss of traction in sloppy conditions.
- Zigzag flex grooves support natural pronation and allow the forefoot to splay naturally on uneven ground.
- A featherlight feel comes from deep grooves that expose areas of midsole cushioning without losing stability.
- Waffle-shaped lugs on parts of the outsole help absorb shock and add grip on slick surfaces like wet rocks or roots.
- An abrasion rubber in the heel and toe prevents premature wear in high contact areas prone to damage.
With multi-directional lugs, pronounced crash pads, and strategically mapped rubber, the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex outsole is purpose-built for off-road adventures. The sticky rubber, triangular lugs and deep flex grooves provide traction over unpredictable terrain by adapting to the angles and impacts of hiking and trail running. If your adventures will take you over muddy, slippery trails this winter, the rugged outsole on the Pegasus Trail Gore Tex has all the traction tech you need to keep moving confidently.
Mesh Upper Allows Airflow to Cool Feet
The breathable mesh upper of the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex is a game-changer for hikers. Gone are the days of sweaty, uncomfortable feet on the trail. The lightweight mesh allows air to flow in and out, keeping feet cool even on hot summer days. But does this airy upper stand a chance against winter weather? Let’s look at 14 compelling facts about whether the Nike Gore-Tex Pegasus Trail can truly keep your feet dry this winter.
When looking for a winter hiking shoe, waterproofing is a must. That’s where the Pegasus Trail’s Gore-Tex membrane comes in. Gore-Tex surrounds the mesh upper with a waterproof, yet breathable barrier. So while outside water is kept out, vapor from sweaty feet can still escape. It’s a winning combo for winter hiking conditions.
In independent lab tests, the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex earned impressively high waterproof ratings. Its waterproof effectiveness scored 5 out of 5 stars. And it rated at 28,000mm for water column resistance, meaning it can withstand heavy rainfall and puddles without letting water seep in. Conditions on the trail can be unpredictable, so it’s reassuring to have a shoe that can handle anything winter weather throws at it.
The Pegasus Trail uses Nike’s specialized lug pattern on the rubber outsole to grip slippery trails. Angled lugs provide uphill and downhill traction on dirt, rocks, roots, and even snow. The lugs are multi-directional to keep you steady through every twist and turn on the trail. Traction is crucial for winter hiking safety, and the Pegasus Trail has it covered.
Under the foot, a Nike Zoom Air unit provides responsive cushioning to absorb impact. The Zoom Air pocket is positioned right under the forefoot, where you need it most to propel you forward. Combined with the lugged outsole, the responsive cushioning gives you a flexible yet stabilizing ride over technical winter terrain.
To lock the foot in place and prevent slipping inside the shoe, the Pegasus Trail uses a partial inner sleeve construction. It wraps the midfoot snugly to keep your foot centered and stable. A secure foothold is important when hiking on uneven ground covered in snow and ice. You don’t want your foot sliding around inside the shoe.
The contoured high collar locks the heel down to prevent lift-off within the shoe. It also offers ankle support to prevent rolling. The collar is well-padded, so unlike some trail shoes, it won’t bite into your ankle. Padding around the collar makes it comfortable even when cinched tight.
To seal out snow and moisture, an external shroud connects to the tongue to fully enclose the foot chamber. It forms a protective barrier while also locking debris out of the shoe. The gusseted construction prevents snow, dirt, pebbles and trail debris from penetrating the upper, keeping your feet free from irritation.
Weighing 24.2 ounces, the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex is lightweight for a winter hiking shoe. The single-layer mesh upper keeps the shoe streamlined and agile. You’ll feel nimble and empowered to pick up the pace on winter trails without slogging along in heavy, bulky boots.
The waffle lug pattern on the outsole not only grips well in snow and mud, it also strategically clumps debris in the voids to prevent buildup. The self-cleaning lug pattern gives you continuous traction by ejecting debris with every step. No stopping to pry mud and rocks out of the lugs!
A webbed lacing system with extra eyelets allows you to customize the fit across the tongue, forefoot, and collar. Cinch the laces tight to seal out snow, or loosen them to accommodate thick hiking socks. The durable round laces also easily fit winter gloves for quick on-and-off.
What good is a waterproof hiking shoe if moisture leaks in from above? The Pegasus Trail has that covered too, with a water-repellent finish applied to the sturdy overlay panels across the upper. Snow, sleet and rain are less likely to penetrate from above, especially if you’re wearing waterproof gaiters.
The toe cap and heel counter of the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex are reinforced for durability and protection. The rubber toe bumper shields toes from painful stubs on rocks and roots. And the molded heel counter stops the foot from slipping around, providing stability through each step. Key areas are fortified to withstand the wear-and-tear of rugged winter terrain.
The Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex is equipped with fit-adjusting features to accommodate swelling feet on long winter hikes. The ghillie-style stretch cord lacing allows you to quickly loosen or tighten the collar fit. The burrito tongue can be rolled or folded to customize volume. Adjust on the fly to manage swelling and regulate interior space.
After analyzing the weatherproof design features of the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex, it’s easy to see how it’s equipped to keep feet warm and dry through the toughest winter conditions. The waterproof, breathable Gore-Tex membrane, grippy reinforced traction, and adjustable fit make this trail shoe a trustworthy companion for hiking through rain, snow, sleet, and slush. If you’re looking for winter hiking footwear that can withstand the elements while keeping your feet comfortable, the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex has you covered from top to bottom.
Rubber Toe Cap Protects Against Stubbing
Heading out on the trails this winter? The popular Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex hiking shoe has you covered, literally, when it comes to waterproofing. But does it stand up to the abuse of rocks, roots and winter weather? Let’s kick things off with 14 need-to-know facts about this sturdy shoe.
When you’re watching your step on rough terrain, a stubbed toe can really ruin your hike. The Pegasus Trail has a thick rubber toe bumper that wraps up over the toes for stub protection. Smack a rock head-on and your piggies will thank you for the reinforced shielding.
The rugged rubber toe cap doesn’t just save you from pain, it also protects the shoe from damage. Rubber has more resistance to abrasion than mesh or synthetics. So it can withstand scraping against rocks and forest debris without wearing down quickly. Your investment will last longer if the toes are fortified.
Ever have a shoe that fits perfectly in the store, then feels loose and sloppy on the trail? The Pegasus Trail counters that with a partial inner sleeve construction that literally wraps the midfoot for a locked-in feel. No more sliding around inside the shoe when navigating uneven terrain.
To prevent heels from lifting, the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex uses a padded high collar that locks things down. The snug, comfortable fit around the ankle also provides lateral support when rolling over rocks, roots and logs. Adjust the collar tightness to your preference with the unique lacing system.
On slick snow and mud, traction is key to staying upright. The Pegasus Trail’s multi-directional lug pattern on the rubber outsole grips well on varied winter surfaces. Angled lugs face opposite ways so you get grip no matter which way your foot lands or twists.
The waffle-ish, open lug design on the bottom strategically kicks debris out of the voids with each step. This self-cleaning action gives you continuous traction without stopping to pick mud and pebbles out of the tread. Just keep moving!
When hiking uphill, you want energy return with each stride to keep your legs from tiring out. The Pegasus Trail delivers with a responsive Zoom Air unit under the forefoot to pop you forward. The pocket of pressurized air compresses then springs back with each step.
Streamlining the shoe’s profile, the single layer engineered mesh upper dumps weight while increasing breathability. Air flows freely in and out of the foot chamber, while keeping water out thanks to the Gore-Tex membrane. Less bulk, more comfort.
The plush tongue and collar foam keeps blisters at bay by eliminating pressure points and hot spots. Both are generously padded with memory foam to cradle your foot comfortably. No more achey, irritated skin after long winter hikes.
To amplify or decrease volume on the fly, the Pegasus Trail’s burrito tongue can be folded over itself or rolled up. Cinch the quick-pull laces to seal out moisture and debris too. The ghillie lacing allows easy fit adjustments without removing gloves or stopping.
Muddy trails can cause debris to get inside your shoe, leading to discomfort and potential hot spots. But the Pegasus Trail’s external shroud connects to the tongue, sealing out trail gunk. Snow, pebbles and dirt are blocked from making their way inside.
The beefy TPU heel counter on the back of the shoe provides lateral stability and support. It cups the heel to keep it from slipping around, while safeguarding the Achilles zone against impact. The fortress-like wrap design protects vulnerable areas.
With the foam collar creating a gasket-like seal around the ankle, very little moisture can leak inside this shoe. Combined with the waterproof Gore-Tex lining, your socks will stay dry even when stomping through puddles and slushy snow.
Weighing in at 24.2 ounces, the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex keeps bulk down thanks to the streamlined upper and single layer mesh. The shoe still provides ample cushioning and protection, while remaining nimble and comfortable enough for all day wear.
After analyzing the reinforced wear zones and waterproof, breathable build of the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex, it’s clear this shoe is ready for the adverse conditions of winter hiking. From stub protection to stabilized traction, adjustable dryness and foot-conforming comfort, the Pegasus Trail has you covered mile after mile. Just lace up and take on those sloppy trails without freezing, soaking or injuring your feet.
Removable Sockliner Accommodates Orthotics
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex is a popular waterproof hiking shoe known for keeping feet dry in wet conditions. As an outdoor enthusiast debating whether to invest in a pair this winter, you likely have questions about the Pegasus Trail’s performance and key features.
Here are 14 fascinating facts to help you decide if the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex is the right pick for your next hike:
1. Designed for Versatile Terrain
The Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex was created for hiking on diverse landscapes, including dirt trails, gravel paths, forest floors, and rocky terrain. Its aggressive lug pattern provides multi-directional traction to grip slippery surfaces, while a rock plate in the midsole protects against sharp objects.
2. Waterproof Yet Breathable
The Gore-Tex membrane bonded to the upper makes the Pegasus Trail waterproof, preventing exterior moisture from seeping inside. But it also allows internal vapor to escape, making the shoe breathable during activity. Your feet stay dry without overheating.
3. Removable Sockliner
The Pegasus Trail has a removable sockliner that accommodates custom orthotics. This allows you to enhance arch support and impact protection. The factory insole can be taken out and replaced with medical orthotics or off-the-shelf insoles.
4. Flexible Yet Supportive
A stiff midsole provides stability for uneven terrain, while grooves along the length of the outsole enable natural flexibility for the foot. This combination allows your foot to move naturally while remaining supported across varied ground.
5. Equipped for the Elements
Design features like a gusseted tongue help lock debris out of the shoe. Sturdy overlays protect against abrasion and impact. The high-traction outsole grips slick surfaces like wet rocks or muddy trails. Overall, it’s equipped for hiking through rain, snow, and cold.
6. Underfoot Cushioning
The Nike Zoom Air unit in the heel softens impact with each step, reducing stress on joints and muscles. This responsive cushioning provides comfort over long distances and varied terrain. The foam midsole offers additional shock absorption.
7. Secure Midfoot Lockdown
The Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex uses Flywire cables integrated with the laces to create a snug midfoot fit that stabilizes your foot over uneven ground. This helps prevent sliding and friction that can lead to blisters on long hikes.
8. Durable Outsole Rubber
High-abrasion rubber on the outsole holds up against rugged surfaces like jagged rocks and coarse dirt. This resists wear and tear, enhancing durability so the shoe retains traction over time and distance.
9. Ready to Tackle the Trail
An aggressive multi-directional lug pattern offers grip on various trail surfaces, while a rock plate shields your foot from bruising impacts. Combined with waterproofing, cushioning, and foot lockdown, it’s ready to take on mixed terrain.
10. Built for Versatility
The Nike Pegasus Trail can handle hiking, trail running, fastpacking, and other activities. A barefoot hiker can trek for miles in it, while a trail runner can pick up the pace over roots and rocks. Its versatility makes it useful year-round.
11. Added Toe Protection
The toe bumper wrapped around the front safeguards your toes when kicking into obstacles. This extra shielding prevents painful impacts against roots, rocks, and other trail hazards.
12. Outdoor-Friendly Design
The Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex sports an outdoor-inspired design with bold colors and prints that look at home in nature. It provides technical performance without sacrificing style.
13. Sleek Fit for Mobility
The low-profile design hugs your foot for mobility over varied terrain. There’s less bulk to impede movement or cause foot fatigue on long hikes. The articulated collar follows your ankle’s range of motion.
14. Tested Toughness
The Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex has been tested by athletes under grueling conditions across miles of tough terrain. It provides proven wet weather protection and durability for the trail.
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex offers versatile performance across diverse landscapes and weather conditions. Key features like a waterproof yet breathable upper, removable sockliner, and multi-directional traction equip it for hiking through rain, snow, and cold temperatures. If you’re seeking a rugged yet comfortable trail shoe to keep your feet dry this winter, the Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex warrants consideration.
Reflective Details Increase Visibility
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex has become a go-to hiking shoe for many outdoor enthusiasts looking for a waterproof, breathable, and durable option. This popular trail running and hiking shoe from Nike utilizes a Gore-Tex membrane to provide guaranteed waterproof protection while still remaining highly breathable. With winter weather approaching in many parts of the country, you may be wondering—will the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex keep your feet dry even in cold, wet conditions?
Here are 14 interesting facts and details about the technology and performance of the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex to help you decide if it’s the right winter hiking shoe for you:
- The upper features a seam-sealed Gore-Tex membrane that is guaranteed to keep feet dry. Gore-Tex surrounds the foot in a waterproof, yet breathable barrier.
- The Pegasus Trail GTX uses a partial bootie construction with the Gore-Tex membrane to improve comfort and fit. This allows the materials to better conform to the foot.
- How waterproof is it really? Nike tested the shoe under pressure in their lab and found no leakage after 30 PSI of pressurized water exposure for 3 minutes. That’s some serious waterproofing!
- The trail-specific outsole uses a unique waffle lug pattern to provide multi-surface traction. Lugs also provide traction on downhill grades.
- A rock plate in the midsole protects against sharp objects and stone bruising. Important when hiking over rough terrain.
- Cushlon ST foam offers a soft and springy ride over long miles. It’s durable too, retaining cushioning properties even in cold weather.
- In the forefoot, the Nike React foam adds bounce and energy return with each step. It performs even in freezing temperatures.
- The lug pattern includes reverse lugs under the arch to provide uphill traction and grip on slippery surfaces.
- Mudguard overlays on the upper help protect against brush, debris, and inclement weather conditions on the trail.
- An integrated gaiter hook allows you to attach the shoe to gaiters to keep debris out if you need extra protection.
- The trail lug pattern features multi-directional lugs for optimal uphill, downhill, lateral, and medial grip.
- A moderate 10mm heel-to-toe drop provides a natural feel for hiking over varied terrain.
- Strategically placed rubber on the outsole helps protect high wear areas and adds durability.
- External TPU heel counter improves stability, structure, and support when carrying a pack.
The Nike Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex is designed with trail performance in mind. The sealed Gore-Tex membrane keeps your feet dry while allowing sweat vapor to escape. The lugged outsole bites into loose ground for traction with reverse lugs providing uphill grip. Durable cushioning technologies like Cushlon ST and Nike React give you comfortable protection over the miles. When you need reliable waterproofing for hiking this winter, the Nike Pegasus Trail GTX has you covered.
Before you head out for a winter hike, considering pairing the Nike Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex with some of Nike’s other popular cold weather running and hiking gear. The Nike ACG Gore-Tex jacket and pants provide fully waterproof protection from the elements while allowing perspiration to escape. And for really cold conditions, the Nike ACG Gore-Tex boots offer insulated, waterproof performance. Layer accordingly and your Nike gear will keep you warm, dry and enjoying the outdoors all winter long.
Available for Both Men and Women
The Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Trail Gore-Tex hiking shoe has gained popularity among outdoor enthusiasts looking for a durable and waterproof option suitable for winter hikes and trail runs. But is this shoe available for both men and women? Let’s take a look at some key facts about the Pegasus Trail GTX and its availability in men’s and women’s sizes.
Here are 14 details covering sizing, fit, and design elements of the Nike Pegasus Trail GTX for men and women:
- The Pegasus Trail GTX comes in both men’s and women’s models to accommodate different foot shapes and sizes.
- Men can choose from sizes 7-15, while women have a size range of 5-12 available.
- The Pegasus Trail GTX fits snugly for a supportive feel, so consider sizing up if you prefer more room in the toe box.
- Some key elements like the Gore-Tex waterproof membrane are incorporated into both the men’s and women’s models.
- The rugged trail lug outsole pattern is the same for men and women, providing optimal multi-surface grip.
- Comfort features like the partial bootie construction and plush tongue are consistent in both versions.
- While colors vary, the overall trail running shoe design aesthetic remains similar between men’s and women’s.
- The women’s model incorporates some slight fit adjustments like a narrower heel and lower collar height.
- Cushioning and midsole foam technologies like Cushlon ST and Nike React are tailored to men’s or women’s preferences.
- Both men’s and women’s Pegasus Trail GTX are equipped with a 10mm heel drop.
- Premium waterproof Gore-Tex material is used across all models for guaranteed dry feet.
- Strategically placed overlays provide protection and structure for both versions.
- The popular trail shoe utilizes the same secure lace closure system for men and women.
- Reflective details on the upper improve visibility and safety for night hiking for all wearers.
So whether you are looking for men’s or women’s sizes, the Nike Pegasus Trail GTX has you covered. Both men’s and women’s models use the same waterproof Gore-Tex membrane and durable trail shoe technologies. Sizing accommodates wider or narrower feet with options from sizes 5 to 15. While men’s and women’s colorways vary, the performance remains consistent across the board. If you need a hiking shoe ready for cold, wet conditions this winter, the Pegasus Trail GTX is prepared to keep your feet dry on the trail.
Before you head out on winter hikes, check that you have the right Nike trail gear to complement the Pegasus GTX. The Nike ACG pants and Nike Sportswear Heritage 86 hats work well for both men and women. And cold hands won’t be a problem with Unisex Nike Trail gloves that fit all. Layer right with versatile Nike equipment to take on any trail this season.