Why is Lacrosse So Expensive? [Complete Cost Guide] – LaxWeekly
Throughout my last 10 years of playing lacrosse, I constantly get asked by my non-lacrosse friends, “why is lacrosse so expensive?” Unlike soccer or basketball, you need a lot of equipment in order to play lacrosse.
Today I want to go over (1) the cost of all the equipment, (2) other reasons why lacrosse is expensive and (3) how you can play the game for cheaper.
Why is Lacrosse Expensive? – The Cost of Equipment:
- Lacrosse Head ($50-$120) – This is the plastic part of the lacrosse stick that you actually catch the ball in. Lacrosse players have different preferences for their heads such as flexibility, weight or pinch.
- Lacrosse Shaft ($50-$200) – This is the handle of the lacrosse stick that you hold onto. Some handles are made by materials that make them more expensive than others. Lacrosse defenders have longer handles than offensive players that make them more expensive.
- Lacrosse Helmet ($300) – The helmet is one area of lacrosse you do not really want a cheaper version of. With hard rubber balls flying all over the field at 100+ MPH, you want something that will protect your brain from injury.
- Lacrosse Shoulder Pads + Arm Pads ($20-$120) – These are most similar to football pads. With defenders whacking you with metal shafts, these pads are very necessary. Fun fact: they do not wear shoulder pads in the PLL, the top pro lacrosse league in the US. Depending on the brand, these can be very cheap or very expensive.
- Lacrosse Gloves ($20-$150) – Let me tell you from personal experience, it does not feel good to get slashed by a lacrosse stick on the hands. That’s why all lacrosse players wear gloves. Gloves are a head scratcher – some are extremely cheap while others are expensive.
- Lacrosse Cleats ($50-$100) – Just like soccer or football, you need cleats in order to run effectively on a grass/turf field. You don’t have to wear lacrosse-specific cleats if you don’t want to. If you have football or soccer cleats, those will work just fine.
- Mouthguard, cup, dri-fit shirt ($25) – If you don’t wear a cup in lacrosse, you’re risking way too much. Just read this instagram post from pro lacrosse player Nick Osello about his experience not wearing a cup.
Total Cost: $515-$1,015 – And most lacrosse players have a backup stick in case their current stick breaks, so you could be looking at another $300 on top of that. Gear is one of the most expensive parts of lacrosse.
Other Reasons Why Lacrosse is So Expensive:
- Lacrosse is usually not a high-school funded sport – Depending on where you live it could be different, but most public schools I know of do not fund lacrosse teams. This means parents have to pay additional money for their kid to play lacrosse, which would not be the case to play football, basketball, soccer, etc. This added cost makes lacrosse more expensive.
- Club lacrosse is expensive – A solid amount of lacrosse players play club lacrosse (select teams) in addition to their school lacrosse. Most club lacrosse happens in the fall or summer when school lacrosse is not in-season. Club lacrosse tournaments can cost thousands of dollars in addition to flights, hotels, etc. Traveling around the country playing club lacrosse can be expensive.
- There are few lacrosse equipment manufacturers – Unlike football or basketball with thousands of companies competing to make products, lacrosse only has a few equipment manufacturers. This means these companies can charge more for their products simply because there are very few people who make lacrosse gear. If lacrosse were a bigger sport, equipment would certainly become less expensive.
How to Make Lacrosse Not So Expensive
- You don’t need expensive lacrosse equipment – Despite what some might say, I promise you that you will do just fine with basic lacrosse equipment. You don’t need super fancy gloves or the lightest shaft on the market to be a great lacrosse player. As you progress in your lacrosse career, you will naturally want the best gear, but for anyone just starting out, look for the cheapest gear possible to get started. You can also shop at second-hand equipment stores like Play-It-Again Sports! I used to get a ton of my equipment from there.
- Look for free clinics or non-profits in your area – Lacrosse participation is exploding across the US, which means there are camps and clinics popping up all over the place. There are also several non-profits that help lacrosse players get the gear they need to play the game. With a few quick Google searches, I’m positive you could find an opportunity not too far from you!
- Ask the lacrosse community for help – I have found the lacrosse community to be extremely helpful and giving in times of need. If you don’t think you can afford all of the equipment, try emailing a few lacrosse coaches. I’d be willing to bet they would find a way to help you out. (Update: If you find yourself struggling to afford lacrosse gear, email me and I’ll try to make something happen. I am a broke college student so I cannot guarantee anything, but nothing excites me more than people wanting to play lacrosse for the first time.)
Overall, lacrosse is an expensive sport, but if you go about it the right way, you can find gear for cheaper prices and not give into the hype of having the most expensive lacrosse equipment. I’m looking forward to the day when anyone from any background can feel like lacrosse isn’t so expensive. Until then, I will do my best to keep growing this sport that I love so much.
4 Important Questions to Ask Before Buying
In the old days, you got a heavy, canvas duffel bag, usually a hand-me-down from the football program, and that was your gear bag. That was everyone’s gear bag! Big. Canvas. Duffel. That was it, and it was actually pretty glorious. But now? Now there are as many gear bags as there are sticks on the market, and it’s not so simple anymore. But there are answers – and we have them!
The Truth About Lacrosse Gear Bags – 4 Important Questions
Can I Carry This Bag?
The most important, and often under-asked question about a gear bag is – can I carry this bag?
If you can’t carry the giant monster alpha max bag because it’s too big for you, then you need a smaller, more manageable bag. This applies to grownups and kids alike. Lacrosse players, at every age, should carry their own gear. Parents can carry water and snacks and things like that in their own “gear bag” if necessary, but kids carry their own gear. It is also important to consider where you will carry it when it is fully loaded. If you will be making long treks between fields with all your gear, will you be switching it from shoulder to shoulder every minute or two?
Too many parents carrying their kids lacrosse bags these days
— will kane (@willkane25) June 15, 2016
How Much Gear Do I Carry With Me?
If you bring one helmet, one pair of gloves, one set of pads, two sticks, a bottle of water and your cleats to game, then you don’t need a giant bag. You might even be able to use a backpack as your gear bag.
Do you bring attack and goalie gear to every game? Do you bring extra gloves in case a teammate forgets theirs? For these reasons and others, you may need a bigger gear bag. Again, think of what you need to carry to be fully prepared and find a bag that fits those size needs.
Do I Need a Lot of Pockets?
Now that you have decided one what size bag you need, you can begin to think of the bells and whistles. You might still want a simple duffel bag. Those are available in a variety of sizes. Backpack gear bags are also available in a lot of sizes. And so are bags with 60 different pockets or chambers.
If you carry 20 screws, a screwdriver, extra ball stops and a ton of other stuff, you probably want compartments. If you just bring your gear, maybe a duffel bag is better. It’s all about your needs and how the bag can meet them, so find a bag that works for you.
Looking like a proud fisherman.
How Tough Do I Need My Bag to Be?
The last thing about lacrosse gear bags is toughness. Your bag will be thrown about, piled on, pushed, prodded, opened and closed a thousand times. Basically, your bag will be given the business. Find something that is tough, made well, and can take the abuse. Especially when considering the size from earlier, will you be using a smaller bag that is completely filled? You will want to be sure it has some quality zippers. Otherwise, you will be replacing it in no time, even if it worked great for you on all other counts.
If you will be leaving it on the sideline in bad weather, waterproof bags may seem appealing. There are very few truly waterproof bags out there, and most that do exist are quite expensive. But if you truly need something that can stand up to the elements, travels well, and can take all the abuse you throw at it, look at a large hiking bag from a company like Patagonia, the North Face, or REI. These bags cost a pretty penny but can take serious abuse, and while they aren’t lacrosse bags, they will serve you well out in the field.
Take Care of Your Equipment
You want a gear bag to protect your lacrosse equipment from the elements so they can treat you well for years to come. Why wouldn’t you do the same with your lax head?
FlexForce has created a unique product that is specifically designed to prevent heads from pinching, widening them back to the correct, desired distance to give you that extra edge and provide your equipment with the longevity you need. Home remedies for the pinching problem have popped up over the years, but they don’t offer the same guarantee or consistency that FlexForce does.
Tuna cans and hockey pucks can’t be counted on, but FlexForce can.
Page not found – CPSDA | SportsRd.org
State of the Science fact sheet augments CPSDA position on feeding
Advisory to CPSDA members November 1, 2013:
As you know, the NCAA will vote in 2014 on the deregulation of student-athlete feeding. It is important for us to provide a strong and unified voice as we acquaint key stakeholders on the importance of a rule that would allow institutions to properly nourish student-athletes to help ensure their health, and to enhance their athletic and academic performance. We have developed these two documents with this in mind:
- State of the Science Fact Sheet to showcase the evolution in nutrition science since this legislation was developed.
- Key Messages document to ensure we are all communicating with a unified voice
The dissemination of these research-based documents will help us in our efforts to educate and inform key opinion leaders, administrators, and student-athlete advocates during the months leading up to the 2014 NCAA vote. Please click on these two documents (below) to download, read, and keep on hand. Thank you. –Your CPSDA Board of Directors
Download State of the Science brochure Download Key Messages
CPSDA Position Statement: Recommended Feeding Protocol for Athletes
October 25, 2012: The Collegiate & Professional Sports Dietitians Association (CPSDA) is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 2009, comprised at its core of registered dietitians who specialize in sports nutrition on a full-time basis. Sports dietitians are employed primarily by major college athletic departments, professional sports teams, U.S. Olympic governing bodies and the U.S. military. The responsibilities of sports dietitians fall into four broad categories: 1) provide nutrition education to sports teams and one-on-one counseling to athletes; 2) customize nutrition protocol for teams and individual athletes on a prescribed time schedule to restore fuel status and speed recovery; 3) serve as lead food and supplement security advisors to protect athletes, athletic programs and educational institutions from adulterated foods, supplements or banned substances that may cause illness or death, and place player eligibility at risk; 4) empower athletes with nutrition knowledge and build habits that promote lifelong health and wellness.
The CPSDA Board of Directors recommends a new standard feeding protocol for athletes at all levels of participation, as follows:
- Fuel athletes throughout the day with healthy whole foods to ensure adequate energy availability, speed recovery, restore energy and repair muscle damage after exercise: Athletes must have easy and open access to planned meals and recovery snacks throughout the day to replace nutrients, fluids, electrolytes and energy utilized during activity in order to replenish energy, facilitate recovery, repair muscle damage, mediate inflammation and stimulate immune function. Athletes in all phases of training require feedings of nutrient-rich whole foods in frequent intervals and, as necessary, safe dietary supplements to replace expended nutrients and electrolytes, enhance immune function and achieve optimal body composition. Smaller but more frequent feedings of nutritious whole foods throughout the day improve mental as well as physical performance, thereby contributing to academic and athletic performance. A Training Table—planned meals for athletes in a dining hall—is a learning lab where athletes receive ongoing education that underscores the measurable benefits of a healthy lifestyle, and where athletes experience proper nutrition as the best defense against banned performance-enhancing substances. College athletes, in particular—whether or not they receive financial aid to assist with tuition, housing and/or food—should be given equal access to whole foods throughout the day to ensure full restoration of nutrients, fluids and electrolytes expended in activity to speed recovery, stimulate immune function, reduce inflammation, and fully replace energy stores. CPSDA recommends and supports a simple rule that would allow institutions to feed all athletes within their respective budgets as institutional staff deems appropriate for the benefit of the health, well-being and performance of the athletes.
The Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitian Association strives to close the circle of care around athletes by advocating for full-time sports dietetic positions to develop, manage and effectively operate all nutrition-related functions for athletic and military programs.
Sports dietitians ensure quality care by making sure athletes are well nourished, properly refueled after exercise to speed full recovery and well educated about the life-long benefits of making wise nutrition choices.
With recent NCAA rule changes allowing for unlimited meals and snacks for student-athletes, consultation on proper eating is more important than ever.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
Vero velit explicari cu pro. Natum epicuri invidunt mei an. Meliore offendit eos no, et natum laudem periculis duo, ad ius dico platonem patrioque. Duis veniam pri ex, accumsan scaevola indoctum sed ei. Ad sea vero augue conclusionemque, sit eu hinc commodo. Et aliquam nostrum pro, pri dicunt scribentur at, ex nec nihil percipit.
Sed labores accumsan ne, pri an timeam suavitate vituperata, adhuc mentitum liberavisse ut ius. Facer laoreet omittantur id mei, mel id dolores albucius gloriatur. Usu ne modus mediocrem conceptam, ut mei esse cotidieque. No quando docendi pertinacia eum, nam magna theophrastus ut. Quo eros mazim vivendo ut, at pri laboramus interesset, eligendi mediocritatem at vel.
Qui te ferri labore, viderer ancillae voluptua cu sea, vis no assum mucius commodo. Eum te probatus mandamus. Eum ea vero posse, has simul viris iudico ne. Ius tibique accumsan cotidieque ut, vel dolor omnium consequat ex, et graeco graecis sea. Eu qui ceteros perpetua, cum nibh legere forensibus ei. Cum veri delenit eu.
Modus voluptaria ad mel. Sea ne legere reformidans disputationi, dicta tincidunt conclusionemque cu vim. Placerat luptatum lucilius id mea. Pro id soluta consetetur, te cum melius senserit signiferumque.
Eu tale doming inciderint eum, agam putant persecuti id vim. Ea velit postulant mei, pro ad docendi fastidii vituperata. Id brute meliore has. Rebum paulo denique sit ne. Aliquid insolens ad cum, doctus vidisse labitur mei an. Rebum incorrupte accommodare ea vis. Eos ad omnis copiosae perfecto, vim eu prompta aliquid voluptua.
Quo movet sadipscing id. Id eum dolore hendrerit rationibus. Mel an duis ubique eleifend. Fugit ubique labitur ne pro, sit ad dicat doming.
Sonet congue volutpat vis id, albucius copiosae mel ne. Et ius alia probo complectitur. Ex vel mundi populo recusabo, in quodsi tritani tamquam est. Brute praesent vel ei, nobis ponderum at nam. Reformidans mediocritatem te sea, ut cum iusto corpora percipit. Veri argumentum disputationi vel eu. At pri dicant ornatus corrumpit, te mea liber sonet perfecto, unum postea deleniti ius no.
At graeci vidisse appellantur ius, sed dolorem nominavi accommodare no. Te doming aliquid prodesset nam. Populo lucilius has at. Est eripuit complectitur conclusionemque no, scripta quaerendum no qui. Bonorum consequat et nec, dictas mentitum pri te.
Erroribus intellegat disputando ut sea. Ea nec euismod intellegebat. No qui docendi quaestio, commune invidunt nec ex, sint habemus disputationi id vix. Vix an ipsum albucius. Quo ea torquatos comprehensam.
Ad usu perfecto forensibus assueverit. Insolens invenire in mel. Epicurei fabellas ei sit, ex mea dicunt impedit aliquando. Idque numquam quaerendum ne eos.
Has id discere euripidis intellegebat. Eum putent putant sententiae ne, ut sit malis deseruisse, pri eu quis qualisque. At vim nobis imperdiet euripidis, vocent percipit in nec. In meis iracundia quo, commodo accusam qui id, ad facilis incorrupte vim. Te sumo liber saepe vim, vel in augue alterum qualisque. Cu ullum veritus neglegentur has, eu mel eius imperdiet.
Idque placerat argumentum in qui. His aliquam iracundia id, ponderum reprehendunt pro ei. Mea idque essent ei, ei his nisl constituto, agam choro splendide ex vel. Elitr tantas aliquid eam in, has ea mentitum qualisque. Ius cu mandamus deseruisse comprehensam, eam at falli pericula, et vix sint dolores temporibus. Te quo duis singulis democritum, usu errem nostrum elaboraret cu, prima populo conceptam cum at.
Ut urbanitas argumentum reformidans vim. Vim nemore fierent eligendi at. Eius iusto signiferumque nec at. No vel natum inermis, ad nam dicant dignissim.
Affert mediocrem constituto at has, agam justo eum ne. Ei pro wisi vidit habeo. Te cum modus detracto. Verterem insolens accusamus id cum, affert aliquid postulant sed cu, no eam dico primis reformidans.
Id sed natum possim dissentiet, his malis oratio malorum cu, partem habemus inimicus te his. Vis cu modo meis indoctum, in mea commodo delectus volutpat. Eu minim invidunt sit. Cum mucius docendi no, ut mea atqui ignota feugait, eu rebum philosophia interpretaris cum. Verterem adipiscing sed ad, id vix partiendo periculis.
Per ex quot electram ullamcorper. Quo ea mucius aliquip invenire, dolore verterem no mei, eos ut dicunt dolorum. No quo aperiri voluptatum. Mea no velit error, eum utamur quaerendum ad.
Has solum aliquid percipitur ne, sea te purto aeque, ei eum persecuti adipiscing. Vix cu agam indoctum reformidans. Vel errem commune ei. Nam eu verterem menandri neglegentur, his homero lobortis cu, te vel prompta eripuit copiosae.
Ius sale mazim id. Has graeci quaeque in. Iriure maiestatis mel eu. No tation civibus mnesarchum qui, quo ut viris veritus tibique.
Ut error utamur eleifend duo, cu has autem sadipscing scribentur, ei duo propriae suscipit voluptatum. Has odio esse moderatius no. Pro percipit dissentiet comprehensam eu. Putant commune ea est.
Nisl dicta instructior duo te. Et est nonumy essent commodo, ut mutat partem sadipscing vim. His ad atqui vitae possim. Quo elitr nihil evertitur ut, te accusam constituam mel. Modo melius utroque quo eu, mei no dicant cotidieque.
Ex mel veri facilisi volutpat, habeo discere repudiare et qui, suas numquam his in. Has no libris pericula, tantas epicuri suavitate per ad. Ut novum quaeque est. Choro nullam has ei. Mei no insolens necessitatibus, odio recusabo ea vel, inermis voluptua his ne. In eos delicata scriptorem, sed vocent periculis at. Eu quod feugait sea, mea eu ferri tantas alterum.
Vix aperiam aliquid at, ius vituperata sadipscing at. Mutat erant quaerendum in mel. Posse ludus ad vim. Te vel appareat cotidieque. An virtute recusabo pro, ad mea congue dicunt.
Mei ei mucius percipit periculis, ut vivendo convenire torquatos usu, no ignota doming eam. Duo eros patrioque et, et est movet mucius gloriatur. Nam cu labore officiis salutandi. Postea probatus patrioque usu in. Vero interpretaris ea sed, an unum nonumy est.
Has phaedrum gloriatur et, eos dolorem persequeris id. Cu duo sint propriae consectetuer. Timeam dissentiet reformidans vix ei, duo cu quas nulla, enim quas percipit eam ad. Ponderum theophrastus nec et. Diam expetenda referrentur id eum.
Eu eos intellegebat necessitatibus, exerci animal quaeque no eam, ut eos nobis epicurei gubergren. Nam cu idque detracto. An mea porro paulo congue, an hinc porro malorum pro, fuisset denique ad mei. Et vim autem debet aperiam, eos quodsi facilis an, vim eu ridens causae partiendo. Sint posidonium ad vim, sale moderatius te vix. Wisi atqui mel ex, eos te vitae consul dolores.
Suas summo urbanitas est et. Pri cu adhuc qualisque torquatos, qui purto cetero ne, at pri nostrud scaevola euripidis. Quo atomorum inciderint ut, reque verear nominavi mei ei, scripta ceteros petentium id quo. Minimum ullamcorper disputationi pri eu, ea saepe docendi pertinax eum. Cu aeterno regione consequat mea, vocent salutandi sed te. An pro fugit pertinacia. Mea natum vocent at, vim no impetus deseruisse, has case dicam persequeris an.
Commodo admodum te eos, mei eu quis soleat conceptam. Pro labore laboramus efficiendi in. Usu at agam blandit. Eu movet signiferumque mea, eos ne epicuri vivendum delicata, id eius saperet mea. Ea duo dicat delenit elaboraret, quaerendum signiferumque ne mel. Usu eros elit ad, ut duo clita virtute.
Ad vel tollit doctus animal, his ad utroque consetetur. Sit ad quem timeam partiendo, in lorem patrioque quo, minimum contentiones ne duo. An eos ferri numquam verterem. Duo ceteros similique dissentiet id, ea modus tollit persecuti qui. Quo no justo tacimates. Eu cum zril dignissim mnesarchum.
Dicat dicunt suscipiantur sea ei, per alii docendi et, his ex dicit facilisi persequeris. Mea et voluptatum assueverit, albucius mentitum nam et. Est prodesset inciderint cu, numquam consequuntur ut mel. Mei eu quod autem accusam. Ea reque repudiandae usu, cu tempor persius saperet mei.
Vivendo reprimique nam ea. Commodo instructior interpretaris vel ex. Vitae ubique iuvaret ad nam, ex alia debet movet has. Eu eum copiosae legendos, duo duis wisi reque at.
OHSAA > School Resources > Uniform Regulations > Uniform Regulations
2017 NFHS Boys Lacrosse Rule 1-9
Art. 1 . . . Mandatory equipment. Each player shall wear the following pieces of equipment which shall be professionally manufactured and not altered:
- A protective helmet, designed for lacrosse, which met the NOCSAE test at the time of the manufacture and has a visible, exterior warning label regarding the risk of injury. Both the chin pad and chin strap shall be firmly attached to the mask as designed. All helmet decals and external markings shall be school issues. All players of a team shall wear helmets of the same color or colors.
- A face mask with a center bar from top to bottom and the lateral (horizontal) openings shall not exceed 1 ½ inches. No foreign material may extend below the base of the helmet.
- While participating, each player shall properly wear a professionally manufactured (not altered) tooth and mouth protector (intraoral) which shall:
- Include an occlusal (protecting and separating the biting surfaces) portion;
- Include a labial (protecting the teeth and supporting structures) portion;
- Cover the posterior teeth with adequate thickness;
- Be made of any readily visible color;
- Not be completely white; and
- Not be completely clear.
It is recommended that the protector be properly-fitted, protecting the anterior (leading) dental arch and:
- Be constructed from a model made from an impression of the individual’s teeth, or
- Be constructed and fitted to the individual by impressing the teeth into the tooth and mouth protector itself.
Note: The phrase “leading dental arch” refers to over-bite/under-bite and the tooth and mouth protector should protect the “leading dental arch.” A player who has an over-bite should wear a tooth and mouth protector on his upper teeth and a player who has an under-bite should wear one on his lower teeth.
- Protective gloves.
- Shoulder pads (optional for goalkeeper).
- Shoes shall be made of a material which covers the foot (canvas, leather or synthetic) attached to a firm sole of leather, rubber or composition material which may have cleats or which may be cleatless, Among the items which do not meet these requirements are gymnastics slippers, tennis shoes cut so protection is reduced, ski and logger boots and other apparel not intended for lacrosse use:
- Removable cleats shall conform to the follow specifications:
- Constructed of a material which does not chip or develop a cutting edge. Legal material includes leather, nylon, certain plastics and rubber. Cleats may be tipped with low carbon steel of 1006 material, case-hardened to .005-.008 depth and drawn to Rockwell hardness of approximately C55; the use of aluminum or ceramics is not permissible.
- The base and the tip of the cleat shall be parallel. The free end may be rounded in an arc with a radius of not less than 7/16 inch provided the overall length is not more than ½ inch measured from the top of the cleat to the shoe. The cleat may be attached to a raised platform which is molded to the shoe. The platform may be no more than 5/32 inch in height and shall be wider than the base of the cleat. The widest part of the cleat shall be in direct contact with the platform.
The 5/32-inch raised platform shall be wider than we base of the cleat and shall extend across the width of the sole to within ¼ inch or less of the outer edges of the sole. A single toe cleat does not require a raised platform that extends across the width of the sole. The raised platform of the toe cleat is limited to 5/32 inch or less.
The 5/32-inch platform is measured from the lowest part of the shoe’s sole.
- An effective locking device which prevents the exposure of the metal posts shall be incorporated.
- The cleat wall shall be at least 3/16 inch in diameter.
- The sides of the cleat shall taper uniformly from a minimum base of ¾ inch in diameter to a minimum tip of 3/16 inch in diameter.
- Nonremovable cleats are limited to studs or projections which do not exceed ½ inch in length and which are made with nonabrasive rubber or rubber-type synthetic material which does not have and will not have develop a cutting edge.
- Jerseys shall be of a single, solid color with the following trim specifications permitted:
- Collar, cuffs and waistband may be of contrasting colors, but not more than 2 inches wide.
- Side inserts may be of contrasting color(s), but no more than 3 inches wide, and extending vertically no more than the armpit to waistband.
- Numbers shall be centered vertically and horizontally and at least 8 inches tall on the front and at least 12 inches tall on the back.
- Numbers may contain contrasting color trim(s) not to exceed 2 inches (the number shall contrast with the body of the jersey).
- The jersey shall completely cover the shoulder pads.
- Duplicate numbers on jerseys shall not be permitted on the same team. Legal numbers are 0-99.
Note: Beginning in the 2017-18 school year, double-zero, 01, 02, 03, etc. are not legal numbers.
- Contrasting colored piping not to exceed 1/8-inch wide is allowed.
- Jerseys shall be of contrasting colors for opposing teams. The home team shall wear light jerseys and the visiting team shall wear its dark colored jerseys. The visiting team is responsible for avoidance of similarity of colors, but, if there is doubt, the referee may require the home team to change jerseys.
- Uniforms shorts: All players on the same team shall wear uniform shorts of the same dominate color.
- A visible manufacturer’s logo/trademark may not exceed 2 ¼ square inches and 2 ¼ inches in any direction on the jersey and/or pant/short. No more than one manufacturer’s logo/trademark or reference on the outside of each item. (The same size restriction shall apply to either the manufacturer’s logo/trademark or reference).
Note: One American flag, not to exceed 2 inches by 3 inches, may be worn or occupy space on each item of uniform apparel. By state association adoption, to allow for special occasions, commemorative or memorial patches, not to exceed 4 square inches, may be worn on the uniform without compromising its integrity.
- Arm pads (optional for goalkeeper).
- Goalkeepers shall wear:
- Throat protector designed for lacrosse.
- Chest protector.
- Shin guards.
- Football pants with or without pads.
Art. 2 . . . Optional items
- Under-jerseys, if visible, shall:
- Be a solid color which is white, gray or one of the team’s official colors.
- Be the same color for those who choose to wear them.
- Be tucked into the pants if longer than belt length.
- Compression shorts, if visible, shall be the same color for all those team members who choose to wear them.
- Sweatpants may be work and if work, teammates are required to wear the same solid color.
- A player may wear a clear, molded and non-rigid helmet eye shield. A player may wear eye glasses, either tinted or clear. A player may not wear both a clear, molded and non-rigid helmet eye shield and tinted eye glasses.
- A protective cup is recommended for all players.
Art. 3 . . . Play shall be suspended immediately if a player loses any of the mandatory equipment in a scrimmage area. Otherwise, the official shall delay the whistle but not drop a flag, in the same manner as set forth in Rule 7-8.
90,000 Teen Wolf. New Enemy. – Chapter 6
From the author
- Stilinski, your mother! Go here! The coach calls Stiles over to him. Today was lacrosse practice and friends could get distracted, at least for a little while. But every 5 minutes, Stiles either falls or gets hit in the head with the ball. Today was clearly not his day.
- Yes, coach? Did you call me? - the out of breath guy ran to his coach.
- Of course he called! Answer me, Stilinski. Do you even know how to play lacrosse ?!
- Well, sort of, yes.
- Yes? But it seems to me that no! So, if you don’t play normally right now, then I’ll throw balls at you!
- What, coach? Balls? Stiles looks up at the coach in dismay.
- Yes, yes. Exactly, balls. So I went quickly to the field! ”The coach took one lacrosse ball and threw it at Stilinski, which immediately made him run onto the field.
- Why did the coach throw the ball at you? - surprised Scott ran up to the guy.
- Because this is life.
- That's right. We need to find that girl, and for that we need ...
- What? Do you want to break into my father's database ?! I'm with you! I always wanted to do it.
- Actually, I wanted to ask the principal about the newcomers at our school - Scott thought a little and looked at his friend - Really?
- No, but what? Anything can happen. Yes, and the EU ... Ouch! Stiles grimaces in pain. The lacrosse ball flew right into his stomach. - Trainer! It hurts me! I thought you were kidding! - two more balls flew into him, one of which he was able to hit back.
- Stilinski! I'll fetch a whole ball slugging machine! And for you Greenberg too! - the coach pointed to the guy standing at the gate.
- How much is there left for him to retire ?! - the brunette glared at Scott.
- It's not soon. Yes, and in my opinion, the teachers have it for a long time. Scott smiled.
- I won't live to see tomorrow. Stiles looks at the coach. - On my grave it will be written: "Was showered with lacrosse balls."
- I'll bring you some flowers - Scott laughed
- Oh, yes. It changes everything.
- Come on. This is the coach. This is his character, he is just such a person ...
- Maybe he is not a person? The guy raised an eyebrow.
- Stilinski! McCall! - the coach took the next balls in one hand, and threw the other into the second, first at Stiles, and then at Scott.
- And what for me !? - Scott looked at the coach in surprise.
- In order not to relax! Play, damn it!
“He’s definitely not human,” Scott said through clenched teeth.
- Well, this is a coach.This is his character and ...
- Shut up and let's go play! Stiles smiles and runs with his friend on the field.
On behalf of Stiles
- So what did the director say? - I went into my room and threw off my backpack.
- There are three new students in the school. And two of them are guys. So this is it.
- So who is she?
- Do you think the director told me? - I sat down at the computer and went online.
- I think not. So what's now?
- Pray. - I looked at Scott with displeasure. “But seriously, I don’t know.Most likely, you really have to use your father's database.
- Well, finally! - I raised my hands to the top. Scott looked at me, frightened. - Wait, how will you find her?
- Well, I still found out her last name, but it's not difficult to guess about her age.
I shrugged. Scott is of course doing the right thing, but something is wrong here. This girl is not like these monsters. Although I have been convinced so many times that appearances are so deceiving. Maybe he is right, and under this beautiful face is a cruel and ruthless killer.First you need to at least find her, because no one knows what she has already done.
- Then let's go to the station! - I was silent for a while - But how do we distract him?
- Improvisation! We’ll think of something.
I nodded approvingly and took out my phone.
- Okay, I'll go. We'll do it tomorrow. Bye. - Scott took his backpack and left the room.
I picked up the phone and dialed Lydia's number. We need to explain to her about today. There were beeps ...
- Hello? Stiles? It's you?
- Yes, Lydia.Hi, I wanted to talk to you - I started wandering around room
nervously - I agree. You're right, we need to talk. Where and what time?
- Um ... come on with me? Come to me.
- Okay, see you later. - she dropped the call.
- See you later, I said in a whisper.
In the photo there is a girl from the previous chapter
90,000 Dmitry Rashevsky: “I come to the base, turn around – and there is Ovechkin!”
“Now there is a very important part of my life that needs to be overcome”
– Dima, what would you say about the semifinal series with “Tolpar”?
– Her third match was the hardest.The opponent understood that he had no room for error, so he showed his maximum. Accordingly, it was difficult to play against this team.
– Bogdan Trineev and your mentor Yaroslav Lyuzenkov said that the score 3-0 is not in your favor for the game. Agree with that?
– Every game except the first was equal. We were just a little more fortunate during the shootouts in the second match, and in the third we scored in overtime. There are no accidents here. I think we have been rewarded for our work.The strongest won. I can’t say that in the last matches we played in an organized way. There were mistakes, and very gross ones. “Tolpar” threw a lot at our goal, and because of this we had to block their throws. And this is a waste of energy and health. We could just competently meet them in the middle zone and not let them throw. But we deviated a little from the set and played poorly. Why did it happen? This was the third game we were after the flight. And the time difference affected. Although it is small, you can feel it.
– This season is just crazy for you. You started the year at Dynamo St. Petersburg, and then moved to the Moscow club, where you equally play for the youth team, the base and in the Major League. You yourself are not confused by such a variety?
– It just so happened that I got a crumpled season. I have never had such a thing. Of course, I had problems in the main team after the MHL, and vice versa. These were psychological difficulties. In addition, all teams play differently.I needed to adjust and prepare differently. My functions were different: in the main team there were some, and in the MHL – others. There was no way out, we had to rebuild. If you come out unprepared, you substitute the command. And this is still your job.
– How would you describe the differences between the leagues?
– MHL is active hockey, VHL is experienced hockey, and KHL is skilled hockey.
– It seems to me that this season, given that you have played in all three major leagues of our hockey, you swooped and hit almost more than all your colleagues.Do you think this is so?
– Come on … The first team flies on a charter. You immediately arrive, get on the plane and fly. And a special team is loading the uniform at this time. Therefore, the trip takes a minimum of time. In the VHL and MHL, I did not go anywhere.
– Do you feel that this season could be a turning point in your career?
– I think so. Difficult season, I can’t say anything. This is how the circumstances developed. You just need to move on and develop, and then we’ll see.Any experience is helpful. Probably, now there is a very important part of my life that needs to be overcome.
– This was partly like that for you last year, when you scored 77 (46 + 31) points per season and, with an incredible margin, became the top scorer of MHC Dynamo from St. Petersburg, right?
– Yes, it is. Last year I worked with Igor Vyacheslavovich Bashkatov, who trusted me. He constantly talks and tries not just to push or tune you, but humanly explain what you are doing wrong in a calm manner.That is why we have such a close-knit team. Although we were not the most skilled, we managed to get through the first round. It’s a pity that everything was cut short by the pandemic.
– Is the manner of work of Yaroslav Igorevich similar to that preached by Igor Bashkatov?
– No, hockey is different for both coaches. Here the players are more experienced and skilled, and in Dynamo St. Petersburg we achieved victory only through work and constant pressure. Two go to push, and the third from behind insures. Defenders were forbidden to give diagonals.Minimum movement with the puck and maximum physical work. Such hockey was needed in order to crush an opponent. With Sasha Zhabreev, we did well in the majority. But in equal compositions, we were not the strongest team. As for the demeanor, Yaroslav Igorevich and Igor Vyacheslavovich are similar to each other. But their hockey is different.
“I thought there were space robots in the KHL, but nothing like that is there”
– You managed to make your debut in the KHL.How did you feel before your first match for the first team Dynamo, which was played on December 24 against Ak Bars?
– I was shaking a lot, I was worried. Didn’t know what to do. But after the first shift, I realized that there was nothing like that there. You can play hockey, we are all human. I thought there were some kind of space robots in the KHL, from which you can neither take the puck nor catch up. In our first scoring attack, I managed to give an assist. But then something went wrong …
– The match turned out to be unsuccessful for the team – the blue and white lost with a score of 2: 7.How did Vladimir Vasilyevich Krikunov assess your game?
– Honestly – I don’t remember. But he was unhappy with the result of the game.
– It is striking that you are not just released for a couple of minutes to give some of the leaders a break. You are given a full 8-10 minutes. Do you feel trust from the coaching staff?
– Yes, I feel. Everyone is allowed to play, all the young are involved. Sometimes they even let out a whole five of the young guys when the older players were injured, and everything went well.They even trusted me with a place in the squad during the playoffs. We had a constant rotation so that new fresh players came to the squad.
– What did Dynamo still lack to pass SKA?
– I think we lacked a little luck, stability and toughness.
– Besides, you also scored the first goal of the season in the VHL …
– I forgot this moment a little. I remember that the goal was very unexpected. I ran out of the penalty box. I thought that everything: after that they would jail me.Still, the first game of the season, such a responsibility. So, I ran out of the distance and saw that our puck was intercepted. Therefore, I did not rush to the shift, but, on the contrary, rushed to the attack. Volodya Barabanov gave me a pass, and everything worked out well for me.
– At the beginning of the season, you said that it was not easy for you to roll into the MHL after the VHL because of the difference in the teams’ tactics. Does it exist in the Dynamo Moscow system?
– Yes, each team has different tactics. Most likely, it’s all about the skill level.
– And you also told me that you like the way Vadim Shipachev plays. Glad that you had a chance to play with him on the same team?
– Yes, I’m very happy about that! Vadim is a good player and captain. This person immediately became very pleasant to me. I see how he communicates in a team and presents himself. After each game, even if we won, Vadim says: “Guys, let’s go to the gym. We need it. ” And we are preparing for the next game. This responsibility is worthy of respect.
– Did you manage to communicate with him in detail?
– Yes, we talked and he gave me some advice.It was the same with Dima Kagarlitsky. They told the young people: “Guys, contact us at any time if you have any questions about the game or everyday life.”
– You had to join Dynamo’s youth team three times during the season and twice during the playoffs. How much more difficult was it for you to do this in elimination matches?
– It was tough in the regular season. We came from the games for the first team and immediately went to the base of the youth team, as the next day there was a game. Relatively speaking, we arrived at ten in the evening, and the next day we played.The recovery time was less than twelve hours, so it was hard for me. But what can you do? I had to help.
– In the series with Tolpar you scored two goals and made an assist. Was it easier for you to join the team again than the rest?
– I don’t know … This series turned out to be very energy-consuming, we put a lot of effort into it. We must go further with the same attitude, correcting our mistakes and analyzing Loko’s game. Our tactics are a little lame. And the entrance to the zone can be worked out better.
– What are your expectations from the Loko streak?
– I have already played with them this season for the youth team of St. Petersburg Dynamo. They have a lot of guys from the KHL and VHL. At the beginning of the season there was a completely different team. They are now much stronger.
– Your winning bullet in the second match of the series against Tolpar turned out to be very beautiful. Did you decide to do it in advance or did you improvise?
– I decided to do this in advance. Two of our players before me made a movement to the left, and the goalkeeper simply flew out of the goal frame.I have never practiced this trick in training. I just decided to do it. I analyzed the goalkeeper’s actions when I saw him fly away from the goal when the puck was removed to the left. He read this movement. I shifted the puck to the right and scored.
– Have you tried to score lacrosse goals?
– I tried it last season, but it didn’t work out very well for me. It was in the match against Riga. I lifted the puck and began to put it in the top nine, but the goalkeeper saw this and pressed against the post.
– After two victories in Moscow matches, there was no complacency in the team because you only had to take a step to the final?
– We had a cheerful mood, which, perhaps, hurt us a little. There were thoughts that now everything will pass easily. But it turned out that this is not the case. It was necessary to immediately prepare without this. Ours was not laxity, but unnecessary relaxation.
“When I was 12, Ovechkin was at our school. And now he remembered me! ”
– You are already twenty years old.Do you realize that this is the last opportunity for you to win the Kharlamov Cup?
– Yes, because I am the last year in the youth team, and therefore it is necessary to write history. If Loko wins, who will he see? Yaroslavl wins the Cup almost every year. Moreover, they are now going almost without defeats. They play systemic hockey and have one of the best schools in Russia. Lokomotiv does not go the easy way, buying players like SKA. They are developed there.
– How can Dynamo beat Loko?
– I think that Loko does not have such a good attack as Tolpar.This is a more systematic team that plays well defensively and does not allow itself too much in attack. We can try to beat her through individual skill and power play.
– Dynamo have not made it to the MHL playoff semifinals since 2012/2013. How do you think, how did Yaroslav Lyuzenkov manage to put together such a strong team this year?
– I think that in two years at Dynamo they have made a good team with an excellent selection of players, and have also established a systemic game.Here you get such pleasure from the training process that you want to quickly embody each worked-out movement in the game.
– How do you prefer to spend your free time?
– I don’t have much time. When I played for the first team, it happened that I came from the exit and immediately went the next day to play in the VHL, while the other guys had a day off. Then, following the same scheme, I went to play in the MHL or for the first team. From one match to another, from one to another.I played constantly, I had one day off a month.
I remember that there was a moment when we played in Cherepovets with Severstal, then flew home and went to play in the VHL the next day. And the rest of the team had a day off. Then, having played in the VHL, we returned to the first team. And after the weekend, the training is complete tin. “Town”, cylinders … And the next day we still had a medical examination and cylinders. These four days were the most difficult for me of the season. All this was in early February.
– Have you encountered cylinders before? Or did you just get acquainted with this wonderful exercise under the guidance of Vladimir Vasilyevich?
– Before Vladimir Vasilyevich, I ran with cylinders, which had a wheel at the bottom. That is, you run and work only with your feet. And here it was necessary for two more people to sit on the balloon. And that was the problem. Okay, if I sit with someone, my weight is 75-80 kilograms. And if someone weighs 110 kilograms sits down with me? For example, Andrey Sergeev …
There was another case.Once I come to the base, turn my head – and there is Ovechkin! I think: “Am I dreaming? What is going on? God forbid he will go to the cylinders with us, otherwise I will not drag him away! ”
– Did you manage to communicate normally with Ovechkin?
– I found him literally for two or three days. I have a photograph with Ovechkin when he came to our school on September 1. I was twelve years old then. And he remembered me!
– The description of your instagram says that you are an artist.Is there any hidden meaning in this message?
– Yes, just out of nothing to do, I wrote that I am an artist. The point is that I myself paint my life and destiny.
– For several years, you have accumulated only eleven photos. Are you not a fan of active online life?
– No, I have more photos. I just archive them. I can put something in stories. But it seems to me that now very few people upload photos to the tape.
– Did you have enough time to study this year?
– To be honest, I haven’t done anything on it yet.Before the final I will deal with this issue. I am studying to be a hockey coach at the Lesgaft University of Physical Education.
– What is your mood for the final?
– I think it’s too early to tune in. You need to rest, and then start preparing.
Score read online by El Kennedy (Page 8)
I’ve always been popular.Even in his earliest memories, he is always surrounded by friends and girls, many girls. In high school, when the teacher turned to the blackboard, they giggled and handed me notes saying, “Do you like me?” In high school, they fought for my attention and lined up to kiss me on the lacrosse field after school.
And in college … don’t even ask me to talk about college. I thought I already knew what it meant to attract girls like a magnet when I entered Briar, but the past three years have blocked even my own ideas about my attractiveness.The older I get, the more women crave my attention.
So it didn’t surprise me at all that Ellie kissed me first last night. This became clear from the moment she noticed that I have “perfect nipples.”
But the look of genuine disgust on her face when we woke up together in the same bed is something new.
– This Corsen would not have stopped the puck if it was moving in a straight line towards him at a speed of three kilometers per hour.
The grunt of a teammate distracts my thoughts, and I suppress a groan. My charge, Hunter, seems to be completely unfamiliar with drinking etiquette. We don’t go to the bar to grumble or complain about a hockey game, but to relax. Everything, period.
But the kid is only eighteen. Soon he will be wicked.
“Dude, the game was two days ago,” I tell our newbie. – Stop worrying.
I look around the bar for Tucker, but my neighbor hasn’t shown up yet.Today there are mainly hockey fans gathered here: a few of my teammates, a bunch of fans and, of course, half-naked hockey bunnies. More than one girl looked in our direction with interest, but Hunter, apparently, did not even notice it.
There is tension on his face and he barely touches a drink.
– You know, it’s your fault. There is irritation in his tone. – I wasn’t going to play this year at all, but you still managed to persuade me .My career could have ended with the honorary title of outstanding striker in the number one private school team in the country. And now I am an unknown left-handed striker, trampled in the mud.
I take a sip of beer.
– Has anyone ever told you that you can’t lose?
– Come on! It’s like you yourself like to lose .
– Of course not. But I understand that victory is not everything. And you know what: straws, logs and so on and so forth.
– And what is that supposed to mean?
– And the fact that instead of blaming Corsen for conceding three goals, you should focus on the fact that you yourself have not scored a single one. This is not a private school for you, superstar. It is not easy to beat the defenders of the varsity teams.
Rough, but true. And Hunter Davenport should know that. In training, the coach doesn’t put much pressure on Hunter because, aside from Garrett, he is the only striker on the team who can become a great player.But, unlike the same Garrett, Hunter has one significant drawback: he is very self-confident, considers himself the next Sidney Crosby.
– Are you saying I’m not good enough to play at this level? – Instead of anger, Hunter’s face appears annoyed, caused already by his main advantage : he always strives to become better.
– I want to say that you need to work. During the last match, you made a few amateur mistakes: for example, when Fitzy was in a tough spot after being outnumbered, you rushed to save him – and that’s not your job, bro.Do not roll back to the opposite flank, leave it to center.
Hunter takes a quick sip of his beer.
– And sometimes you screw up when you play. Like the time the Eastwood defender made a great pass that resulted in their player going one-on-one with our goalkeeper. You should have predicted who that transmission was meant for, but you calculated it all wrong.
“I watched the puck all the time,” Hunter counters.
– Forget the puck, dude. Watch player , who he is looking at, where his teammates are moving.Guess who he is going to throw to, and intercept this transmission.
Hunter becomes quiet, and when he starts to speak, he seems impressed, though forced.
– And you whip it, huh?
I shrug. The impression about me is that, unlike my teammates, I don’t take hockey very seriously. Perhaps there is some truth in this, but this does not mean that I do not understand the technical aspects and nuances of the game.
As far as I can remember, hockey has always been a part of my life.I grew up playing this game. In lacrosse – too, but only to somehow keep yourself busy in the spring, until the hockey season begins. My dad and older brother also played hockey while at Harvard. And I could, but I chose Briar. I have always followed in their footsteps, but here, probably, I just wanted to be at least something different from them.
Of course, I don’t play hockey because my father and brother played it. I just love this game, although I do not feel the same excitement that takes possession of Garrett and Logan, as soon as they go out on the ice.
Honestly, I enjoy training more: drills and practice matches, the opportunity to get better and help my teammates do that. But my professional career does not interest me, which makes my family incredibly happy: the Haywards Di Laurentiis do not become professional athletes – they go to lawyers. I will be attending Harvard Law School next fall, just like any member of my family. And I am completely satisfied with this, because I have no doubt that I will succeed there too.The Di Laurentiis’ charm, which I inherited from my father, is more than enough to win over all the judges.
– What else am I wrong about? There is more curiosity in Hunter’s voice than anger.
I grin at him.
– What if we practice one-on-one this week? I’ll ask the coach if he can knock out extra time for us at the rink.
– Really? Actually, I will even be glad. Thank you …
I interrupt it:
– Only if you don’t say another word about hockey.- I point to a crowded bar. – Look around: this place is full of hot chicks. Choose any and have fun, you fool.
Hunter laughs, but his eyes start to sparkle as he stares at the bar. Several chicks give him an inviting smile in response, but instead of at least giving them a wave of his hand, Hunter looks at me – or rather, at my neck – and grins.
– Maybe you can introduce me to that wild kitty you had fun with last night? It is evident that you will not get bored with Miss Zasos.
I immediately tense up. There’s no way in the world that I’ll let this boy be with Ellie. Even if he is young, he is surely heading towards becoming a much better hockey player than me.
Although it might be worth worrying about Hunter in this case. After what Ellie Hayes did yesterday, there is no doubt that the girl is quite capable of leaving her mark on a man. God, how she copulates !
Damn, now I’m half erect. And this happens to me all day, whenever I think about Ellie.I haven’t had sex that hot for a long time. Damn, my wrists still hurt after she tied me to the bed, but that pain only makes me want to do it again.
I don’t usually fuck the same chick, but right now my cock is eager to get into Ellie’s insatiable pussy.
“Sorry, superstar, but that won’t happen,” I tell Hunter. – Find yourself your wild kitty.
– Okay. Grinning, he glances around the bar again.- Oh yeah. Looks like I know who I’m going home with today.
I follow his gaze to the long wooden tabletop of the bar, which a tall brunette leaned against to order a drink. She is wearing a short black skirt and high heels, and her long dark brown hair falls down her back in waves. The bartender behind the counter is almost drooling as he glances hungrily at her shirt, which means she must have great breasts. But all I can see is her ass, and she, I tell you, is amazing.
In the old days I would have started courting this brunette long ago, but today I am not in the mood. My thoughts keep going back to Ellie, her pussy and tits. God, what awesome boobs she has! They fit perfectly in the hand, with pale pink nipples that became harder than ice floes when I sucked them.
I sigh and adjust my crotch pants. For heaven’s sake, it’s time to stop thinking about last night. God knows, Ellie is determined to forget about her once and for all.
– What do you think? Hunter asks me.
I look at the brunette.
– I think she might be too tough for you.
– I’m a hockey player. I can handle everything.
– And that’s true. I snort with laughter. This was the first thing I taught Hunter when I took him under my wing earlier this season. Still, the brunette is unimaginably sexy. A woman like that can walk away with any guy in this bar, and I can’t believe that freshman Hunter could be so lucky despite a hockey jersey with Briar’s logo.
90,000 Valeriy Karpin explained why the defeat to Croatia is the most offensive in his coaching career
The head coach of the Russian national team Valery Karpin commented on the away defeat to the Croatian team (0: 1) in the qualifying match for the 2022 World Cup.
The Russians lost after an own goal by Fedor Kudryashov in the 81st minute and could not enter the World Championship directly.Karpin’s team will play in the play-offs.
– I think this is my most offensive defeat in my coaching career. But I think that it is well deserved. Upset. Naturally, it depended on us. It’s a shame when you create 30 chances and then they score for you. And when you haven’t created a single moment, you’re afraid, you shut yourself off from the ball, you don’t want to impose any counterplay, then in the end this is what happens.
Yes, it was raining for two teams, the field was flooded in the second half. But in the first half it was possible and necessary to play football, want to get the ball, at least make the Croats run a little without the ball.We did not do this, and hence all the problems. One hundred percent psychology. I absolutely do not regret the decision to switch to a game of five defenders. It is clear that the game would not have changed, the Croats would have pressed, we would have defended. Plus, on such a field, there was an even greater risk of getting a ricochet, a rebound. So Chistyakov came out.
– Did you make the last change early?
– It was possible and necessary to attack from the first minute, and not at the last, when Kudryashov was injured. To say that if there was one more player in the reserve instead of Kudryashov, we would have played somehow differently in these last minutes … I think it’s unlikely, – said Karpin on the air of Match TV.
Dear readers! We invite you to join the discussion of the news in our groups on social networks – VK and Facebook
90,000 TRUSOVA DREAMED THE FIRST PERFORMANCE OF THE FOURTH RITTBERGER. BUT ANOTHER STUDENT TUTBERIDZE GASKED HER – Not only about football – November 20 – 43048962675
Adelia Petrosyan went for a record, but it will still not be written down in history.
At the stage of the Russian Cup in Perm, a historic event took place – for the first time in a women’s competition, a quadruple rittberger was performed. Our figure skater Adelia Petrosyan made a real leap into history. At the stage of the Russian Cup in Perm, a quadruple rittberger submitted to her, for the first time among women. Even for men, performing this most difficult element is a success. And the 14-year-old student Eteri Tutberitdze made it in a cascade, albeit with a small blot. Adelia has the opportunity to confirm her high class at the international level in December in the final of the Junior Grand Prix.
In Perm, Adelia made two attempts at rittberger at once – solo and in a cascade. In the protocols, both jumps were counted as minuses, but the rittberger in the cascade turned out to be almost clean (under-rotation is less than a quarter of a turn), which even allowed Adelia to add a double toe loop to it. Nevertheless, these attempts will not be accepted as an official record, mainly because the Russian Cup is not an international competition.
But Adelia still has a chance to enter world history in the near future.
In early December, she will compete in the Junior Grand Prix final, and there she will probably try to land a unique jump again.
But how did it happen that the Russian singles, who have conquered all imaginable and inconceivable jumping peaks lately, have not yet overcome the quadruple rittberger? Let’s figure it out.
First, the queen of quads, Alexandra Trusova, has been hunting for this jump for more than one season. Sasha rittberger was always interested in how a white spot on the map of quads is another opportunity to do something first in the world and again deservedly get into the Guinness Book of Records.
By the way, Trusova was close to her dream – in training, a year ago, she recorded attempts of a quadruple rittberger with a clean exit. One for the story was saved in Sasha’s Instagram account. She performed this jump in October 2020, when she was training with Evgeni Plushenko.
Then work on the rittberger was suspended. Injuries, incessant growth and the need to skate consistently to qualify for the national team and perform well at the World Cup interfered.
Now is not the time to take risks – Sasha is aiming at rolling out a set of five quadruple jumps (lutz, sheepskin coats and salchows). Perhaps in her head she is holding a scenario in which a bomb in the form of a rittberger is added to her free program, but this is clearly not the task of the Olympic season. Especially now, when the skater had to give up several starts in order to restore her leg after a foot fracture and be able to prepare for the Russian Championship.
It is symbolic that Trusova landed her square in the jubilee year for this jump – on the 110th anniversary of its first performance by the German figure skater Werner Rittberger, in whose honor it was named.
Moreover, the English-speaking community knows this jump as a loop, which means “loop” in translation. This is the trace on the ice that remains after the element, and the turn of the body in the air, similar to the looping turn of the yarn around the knitting needle.
Rittberger is considered the most difficult rib jump, and here is why:
- It is difficult for a skater to prevent early rotation of the body in the direction of rotation (early rotation interferes with normal grouping and repulsion, which means there will not be enough height for a twisted jump)
- The amplitude of swing movements is limited (because the repulsion occurs not due to a strike with a tooth and not due to a swing with a free leg, but due to a jerk upward).
Coaches explain that for a correct rittberger technique, you need to feel the axis of rotation and “roll with your hands” – be able to correctly position your arms relative to the body and movement during the preparatory steps.
Before the lift off, the free left leg is brought in crosswise in front of the supporting right leg. In fact, the skater needs to push off in this position and jump to the height of the middle chair – try it yourself, it’s really difficult.
Russian singles skater Sergei Voronov, one of our athletes who tried to tame the quadruple rittberger, commented on the specifics of his technique for Match TV:
– Rittberger is an unstable, insidious jump.No wonder he is the third most difficult of all quads. Rittberger is performed without a prong, from an arc. There is a swinging motion with the left leg. You can help yourself with a jerk upward with part of your thigh. For many, the difficulty is that the rittberger is played backwards.
In addition to Trusova, the attempts of the quadruple rittberger in training were demonstrated by the Russian woman Sofya Samodelkina (since this season she has been performing at the junior international level) and the Korean woman Yoo Yeon – one of the serious rivals of our girls this season.But if the Korean woman did not try to approach the rittberger at the competition, then Samodelkina nevertheless tried (she was 13 years old then) – it ended with a fall and a strong under-rotation.