old stx lacrosse heads
Condition is as presented in the above listing and as shown in pictures. Other then that great shape. SWAX LAX Lacrosse Training Ball – Same Size & Weight as Regulation Lacrosse Ball but Soft – Indoor Outdoor Practice Ball with Less Bounce & Reduced Rebounds 4.7 … Item will be shipped within 3 business days of actual payment. Styles. The International Box Lacrosse Stick was STX’s attempt to capitalize on the growing popularity of the box lax market during the early 1970’s- at least in the plastic head market- most players at that time still continued to use one piece wooden sticks. This is in excellent pre owned condition. They started in the early 70’s with the first plastic lacrosse heads and have not looked back. Also if you have any questions about a item you bought from us. If you have any questions. THIS IS THE EXCALIBUR MODEL. He lives in Brooklyn with his better half, continues to play and coach both box and field lacrosse in NYC as much as possible, and covers the great game that is lacrosse full-time. Under Armour Women’s Tempo Racerback Jersey. I am selling a vintage lacrosse stick. THIS IS THE EXCALIBUR MODEL. Terms Of Sale This Item is sold as is. Â Never have I tried one with…, Alright, itâs time for another tutorial! Dwayne Stewart is a former Albany Dane and current head coach at SUNY-New Paltz. Heads Attack and Middie Defense Goalie Face Off Box Custom Dyed. Styles. The Excalibur (or Excal if you’re cool/old) was the first lacrosse head to incorporate an open sidewall design. The length of the stick is 27″ With head. This model is part of the 1st generation of plastic heads ever to be produced and this head was one of the very first. VINTAGE STX WOOD LACROSSE STICK FRAME MADE IN ENGLAND MEASURES 43″ LONG EXCELLENT CONDITION(HARDLY USED). This rare vintage STX Lacrosse Stick is in good condition. There are other variations of STX Hi Wall sticks out there, and a super rare one to find is the STX Golden Hi Wall. Vintage STX Excalibur Lacrosse Head ~ Old School Lax ~ Red Dye ~ Nice! Please. BRINE Magnum. Extremely fast shipping! The STX Laser Hi-Wall came out first, and it’s a follow up to STX’s Laser Lite head, which had a slightly thinner sidewall. Find out how you can help spread awareness about the fastest game on two feet. Shipping costs are for postage only- I recycle boxes and materials to save you money and to reduce waste. I have more vtg lax stuff listed and will combine shipping- just ask before paying. With 20 sidewall holes, two sidewall rails, and one Channel Lock TM for unmatched pocket control, the Surgeon 900 TM head has been specifically engineered for elite attackers who are looking for personal precision. This is a used item. PAT# 3507495, NR VINTAGE STX Lacrosse stick w/ Red Head. EP 57: Weekly College Lacrosse Update with Steven MacDonald #6, Traditional Thursdays: Leather-Less Traditional, Floating Sidewall Pocket: #TheGopherProject. Other than that this is an awesome hard to find piece! GOOD CONDITION MEN’S LACROSSE STICK MADE BY STX. The head has normal scratches on back of head from ground contact. The stick measures 43″ long by 9″ across the top. The strings are in good shape for the age. Both of these sticks had round, or “doweled” shaft insertion areas, meaning that you couldn’t use an octagonal shaft on these heads… you had to use a shaft that was round on one end. What head do YOU want to see me fix up? Please ask all questions prior to bidding. STX Viper: The original Viper lacrosse head was introduced around 1992 and offerred a full 2 inch open sidewall and a straight head – as the off-set technology had not yet been invented. Lacing is in nice shape with no rips or tears. Although it shared a similar design to the Turbo that STX produced about 2 years earlier, the original Viper was a unique head – since the walls were virtually open (if you don’t count the fang like design) from scoop to throat – which resulted in one of the lightest – if not the lightest heads … Included in the auction is the following: Vintage STX stick. 3. Please examine pictures to determine your bidding with regards to its condition. Item will be re-listed and/or NPB alert will be reported.A Second chance offer to another bidder would be considered also. Ask any questions and thanks! Your home for lacrosse stories, scores, and everything in between. Soiled throughout with general moderate wear and scratches. Measures 31.5″ long. Stick is in good condition and fully strung. Check out my other listings for many more unique items! Don’t forget to ask questions before bidding! However. It is in near perfect condition except for the name written on it and very light scuff marks on the backside of the head from scooping once or twice. This stick still can be used even with the crack. From their patented double-wall synthetic lacrosse head, to more recent innovations, STX continues to be an industry leader for the manufacturing of lacrosse equipment. Please see photos for exact condition. It is wrapped in athletic tape. g.RcmdId ViewItemDescV4,RlogId p4%60bo7%60jtb9%3Fuk%601d72f%2Bjw%60hquvg%3Eg-1471460f957-0x10d-. This lacrosse equipment will be shipped via FED EX ground to lower 48 States for $15. 97 flat rate shipping. The key identifier is that the head is secured to the wooden handle by a compression pin and not a screw. Front has’STX’ the patent# for the first STX design. From $119.99CAD. Grip tape was placed over crack to secure the head for game play. Payment must be received within 5 days of auction ending. Local pick-ups are welcome at our brick& mortar store! Included in the auction is the following: Vintage STX stick from the 80’s. MODEL 73 Vintage STX MODEL 73 stick. The shaft is in nice shape with the original end cap on it- but the stick does have scratching. Thanks for looking! from use, some fading, no end plug. Thank you for looking and good luck bidding! All items are sold”as is.No returns accepted. Visit My eBay Store Add me to your Favorite Sellers” Newsletter VISION STATEMENT Care and Share Thrift Shoppes will be an inspiring retail shopping experience. The shaft is in nice shape with the original end cap on it- but the stick does have very minor scratching and some light aging to lettering- but still in overall excellent shape. It is all original with no cracks. Pretty sure this is an uncommon version of a popular stick, and likely few have survived. The head does have a couple stamps. Shaft would be a great addition to your vintage collections or would complete one of your rarer heads that need a great shaft. I measures 44 1/2″ long and is the Indian style. 6 Reviews. 1990s. goalie stick: lacrosse head: blue head stx mens goalie head late 1970’s to early 1980’s original ball stop lacrosse shaft: metal shaft shaft is labeled stx octagonal shaped and rounded where it fits into the head shaft is in very nice shape with some normal signs of use shaft length: 31″ overall length shaft + head combined: 47″ this lacrosse stick is used. There is a”S” stamped at the base of the head and on the back side is at patented number: 3507495. Any questions. No breaks or problems with plastic or mesh, just a lot of stick/ball marks and tape residue, much of which might come off with a good cleaning. Full payment due 48hrs after auctions end. STX Lacrosse Stallion 200 A/M Complete Stick. Thanks for looking! It was probably seldom. No chips, cracks or repairs. Coach Stewarts team, SUNY- New Paltz proudly plays in NCAA Division 3. VINTAGE STX Mens Lacrosse Stick! Which is detailed in the pictures, but the head is definitely still in great shape for such a true lacrosse antique and collector’s item! INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS CONTACT US DURING AUCTION FOR LOW FOREIGN SHIPPING COSTS TO YOUR LOCATION. I am 95% certain the black paint on the shaft is factory. But still in nice condition. Buyer to prepay s,h,I. Complete Sticks Attack and Middie Defense Goalie Box Youth. But lettering still is readable and no dings that I am aware of. A few dings and normal aging to lettering. The only blemish is that the previous owner had his name on it. Stick is used. Quick View. Buyer to pay 15.00 shipping via FEDEX Any questions. Overall stick with the metal shaft has a length of 47″ Very cool stick. Women’s 4.3 oz. One of the rare combinations of wood shaft and mesh pockets. Very cool all wood stick by stx. No cracks or significant wear. Suitable for backyard play only WHEN WILL YOU EVER SEE THIS LACROSSE HEAD AGAIN! Some new, unused, others well-used with lots of character. Buyer from other countries”MUST” contact me before buying for shipping cost. A;06d2.RcmdId ViewItemDescV4,RlogId p4%60bo7%60jtb9%3Fuk.rp73%28%3Ea%3B06d2-14b89fd9be3-0x10b-. Our talents and our faith in Jesus Christ, both locally and globally. Thanks for looking! NO OTHER INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS, PLEASE. NON-SMOKING HOME! Warrior USA Patriot- 1st generation. Again I do my best to describe what I see and be as honest as I can, but please ask any ques. Building a program isn’t an easy task, a task made more difficult in the face of a global pandemic. Vintage STX wooden Lacrosse Stick Made in England free shipping in the usa !! Next week I’ll be fixing up another old lacrosse head and fixing up the pocket, then giving it back to CityLax. See listing for full details! Many early designs and brands including STX. There are some old tape marks on each side of the head which I provided close up photographs of as well as some wear on the foam. Shaft is octagonal and rounded where it fits into the head. Ball stop is original and pretty nice shape. I am listing a few other vintage Lacrosse items. Vintage well maintained STX EXCALIBUR LACROSSE STICK. The head does have a couple stamps. The new lacrosse heads are still made of durable plastic, but now come in many different face shaped which makes them look “pinched”. 37.5″ RcmdId ViewItemDescV4,RlogId p4%60bo7%60jtb9%3Fvo%7B%3Dd70f%2Bf%60%60%3E-148324a893d-0x119-, Incredibly cool vintage old school lax stick- STX original Viper in ALL BLACK- shaft. Coach Stewart believes relationships between players and coaches are built primarily on the field and in the locker room, two places where contact has been severely limited this year. THANKS! I actually have one of those at my dad’s house in Maine, original shaft and all. Any questions. The STX Hi Wall is a classic non-offset head, but IÂ don’t just have a STX Hi Wall today… I also have an STX Laser Hi-Wall, which is actually something different, in its own way. Lacrosse. If payment occurs Fri-Sun shipping will. Up for auction is a rare and vintage black STX Raptor head that’s still strung with the original mesh. We are happy to combine shipping whenever possible. Some scuff marks add to character. Corner. The STX Hi-Wall is a classic non-offset head, but I don’t just have a Hi-Wall today… I also have an STX Laser Hi-Wall, which is actually something different, in its own way. All of these sticks have a full 2″ sidewall, and could take a beating. Excellent vintage STX hickory lacrosse shaft. Up for auction is probably the best condition vintage lacrosse stick STX MODEL 84 that you will ever come across. Lacing is in nice shape with no rips or tears. WHEN WILL YOU EVER SEE THIS LACROSSE HEAD ON EBAY AGAIN! No international shipping. Please see the picture for more details and please feel free to contact me with any questions related to this item. I think it is the Hi-Wall but not 100% sure. PA! FREE SHIPPING! 8. STX Surgeon 900 Unstrung Lacrosse Head by STX. Not a backyard spray job. Also included is this Debeer stick bag! I accept Pay Pal as payment. No initials. You put the screw in on the SIDE of head, which is also extremely weird in retrospect. This stick was used a normal amount and still looks pretty good. Pretty hard to find an original EXCALIBUR with the matching handle. View … STX Ultra Power Head. 41. Terms Of Sale This Item is sold as is. Estate sales, thrift stores etc.I enjoy bringing unique and one of kind items of all sorts to you and I.When I am listing items I do my best to describe each item from the best of my view and knowledge.As always if you have any questions, about an item, please don’t hesitate to ask! Would make a great addition to your vintage collection of 70’s + 80’s lacrosse items. Inspired by elite stallion U 500 head, the STX stallion … This is a Vintage Wooden Womens Lacrosse Stick made by STX. Cool vtg graphics on the shaft. White plastic with vintage Brine handle, traditional mesh pocket in excellent condition with no broken or frayed strings. No cracks or breaks. To combat this he’s placed an increased importance on communication, wither it be through email/text/zoom he’s making sure he is a constant presence in his players lives. For more information on D3 lacrosse click here. I AM NOT HERE TO TRY TO DECEIVE OR STIFF CUSTOMERS. Brine Edge Ice Lacrosse Stick Strung W/ Traditional STX WARRIOR, Extremely Scarce Vintage STX International Box Lacrosse Stick 1973 Wooden Handle, Vintage Wooden STX Lacrosse Stick Made in England Wood Excellent Condition 44″, VINTAGE USED STX 1980’S HI-WALL HIGH WALL MENS LACROSSE STICK STX SHAFT, VINTAGE WOMEN’S STX WOODEN LACROSSE STICK. What head will I … This week he speaks about his coaching career and the mentors who have shaped his lacrosse journey. Check the photos. Item will be shipped within 3 business days of actual payment. I will ship to Alaska, Hawaii and Canada at cost. What are the most popular STX lacrosse heads? As the old saying goes, “you practice like you play”. That Old Lacrosse Head: Traditional STX Excalibur – YouTube Item will be shipped within 3 business days of actual payment. PAYMENT I only accept payment via PayPal. Condition is as presented in the above listing and as shown in pictures. Red head, Vintage 70’s STX Lacrosse stick Model 74 wood shaft VGC!Vintage 70’s STX Lacross, Vintage STX Wood wooden Lacrosse Stick Frame made in England 44″, Vintage STX Original VIPER Lacrosse Stick Early 1990’s ~ nice Traditional Mesh, VINTAGE WOOD LACROSSE STICK STX MADE IN ENGLAND EXCELLENT CONDITION HARDLY USED, VINTAGE LACROSSE STICK STX US PATENT 3507495, RARE & VINTAGE!! STX Guardian Goalie Head Vintage STX All Wood Lacrosse Stick Made In England 15 NICE W/ Debeer Bag 43″ !! Year after year STX supplies players with nothing but top quality lacrosse heads. The Nike CEO 2 lacrosse head offers a perfect upgrade to any player that used the original version. If payment occurs, Fri-Sun shipping will occur on Monday. NR VINTAGE STX Lacrosse stick w/ Red Head. Non Offset! I EXPECT THAT YOU WILL BE FULLY SATISFIED WITH THIS ITEM. Up for auction is an extremely rare and vintage Brine Edge Ice that still comes factory strung with traditional. Item will not be shipped until payment is received. Good luck bidding. There’s a Slight crack in the throat of the stick. Description: Vintage STX Wooden 44″ Lacrosse Stick Made in England EUC. Please check out my other items! With new rules being put in place to regulate the length of shooters, how far down they can be, and if the ball will roll out, I think it’s time we take a look at the bigger issue – the stick itself. Seems very sturdy. Shipping Terms Winner pays for Shipping. Please send any questions. If you find a problem you must fix it. Lacrosse Heads. The lacrosse head is the most vital piece of the stick as it connects the player to the ball. resources. STX Lacrosse Stallion 200 U Complete Attack/Midfield Stick. Lacrosse Heads Filter by. No damage& pocket is unbroken and pliable. Ask before bidding! The Warrior Razor head was everything a lacrosse player could ever want and was arguably one of the most popular heads of all time. This is a 1st Generation Model 73 Lacrosse Stick in good shape. Vintage classic lacrosse stick If you have any questions.
Ristéard’s Unwilling Empress,
How To Reply On Snapchat Story,
International Collection Olive Oil,
Panther Meaning In Tamil,
What Makes A Summer Movie,
Best Reversible Sectional,
Miui External Application,
gait apex lacrosse stick
Posted by on May 21st, 2021
Sign In Join. 10% PRICE DROP. $249.99. The Apex is designed to be the perfect womens lacrosse head for middies. Gait Apex Complete Stick Curved Offset Technology geared for midfielders Unrivaled front pocket for peak performance Rail Flex Mesh provides unmatched pocket shift for control in every part of the head Double sidewall technology … Lacrosse’s Best Rewards Program – Learn More. Lacrosse Protective Gear. Gait ICE+ Box Lacrosse Shaft by Gait. • Best Draw Stick Ever. … Used Gait Lacrosse Stick. $249.99. The Art of LAX. Sale & Offers. $89.99. Gait Whip Women’s Complete Lacrosse Stick by Gait. Golf. $215. Lacrosse Accessories. $134.99. The Gait Draw dominates the draw and still rivals regular sticks for superior field performance. In true Gait fashion they have reached back into the archives and simultaneously looked to the future to give you the New Apex. Used Gait Recon xlu Stick. Gait Air Girls Lacrosse Head – Strung . STX Crux 600 Womens Complete Stick . Description Additional information Description Each pocket/head/stick comes with a … Nike Lunar Fly LE Girls Complete Stick . Cart. $60. Shop Used Gait Apex Sticks up to 70% off – or start selling in seconds. Out of stock. SKU: N/A Category: Full Stick Strung. Gait Apex Girls Complete Stick . The Apex combines the best qualities from the Air and Whip to bring you the perfect midfielders stick built for speed, control, balance and accuracy. Gait Draw Women’s Complete Lacrosse Stick by Gait. $179.99. Hockey. Gait Apex Women’s Complete Lacrosse Stick by Gait. Sell. New Products. 2. Gait ICE+ Defense Lacrosse … Gait Apex Women’s Strung Lacrosse Head by Gait. $109.99. Out of stock. Gait Whip Girls Lacrosse Head – Unstrung . Gait Apex Rail Elite Complete Stick Lacrosse Complete Sticks $229.99 | Lowest Price Guaranteed | Shop the Best Lacrosse Complete Sticks at Lax.com and receive Free Shipping on orders of $100 or more! Our Lax Brands. • What sets the Gait Draw apart from the rest of the market is versatility. Lacrosse Goalie Equipment. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Gait Air Girls Lacrosse Head – Unstrung . 4. Pennboy31. $219.99. Gait Apex with Flex Mesh Full stick $ 269.99. LIMITED EDITION. Lacrosse Footwear. Favorites. Featured Products. $229.99. Gait TORQ Lacrosse Head . PreStrung Colors: Clear: Gait Apex with Flex Mesh Full stick quantity. Strung with a Rail Elite pocket and paired with a Gait mid shaft this is a very lethal weapon on the field. $129.99. $134.99. $45. New Gait Air Stick. Lacrosse Sticks. Gait Air Women’s Complete Lacrosse Stick by Gait. LIMITED EDITION. Apeck21. $249.99. Lacrosse Clothing. Get the best deals on Gait Lacrosse In Lacrosse Sticks when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Gait Air Flex Girls Lacrosse Stick . $199.99. D_n_N_dye. Add to cart. SidelineSwap is where athletes buy and sell their gear. Apparel. • The double sidewall technology creates a super narrow channel allowing for optimal backside control and unmatched accuracy. Womens Attack and Midfield Complete Lacrosse Sticks from STX, Warrior, Nike, Stringking, Under Armour, and Maverik. Gait Air Women’s Complete Lacrosse Stick by Gait. The Curved Offset is fine-tuned for the needs of a midfielder. … Gait Apex Girls Complete Stick . $249.99. 4. Out of stock. Gait Lacrosse Gloves .
Black Cotton Soil Is Unsuitable For Foundations Because Its,
Lecce Vs Monza Results,
Easyjet Gibraltar Airport,
Citizen Science Projects Nasa,
York And Lancaster Regiment Association,
Crypto Com Ruby Card Reddit,
How To Buy Ethereum In Nepal,
Mtg Scry Cards,
Why Using Animals For Entertainment Is Wrong,
Arch Doorway Trim,
Cara Hapus Cache Instagram Di Iphone,
Ipswich Swindon Prediction,
7 Things You Never Knew About Lacrosse
Lacrosse is the fastest-growing High School sport in the nation, but what you do not know about the game may surprise you.
Here are 7 fun lacrosse facts:
7. Fastest Game On Two Feet
Lacrosse has often been called “the fastest game on two feet” because of how quickly the ball can be moved across the field. The game is so fast that sometimes you may not even see where the ball is until somebody scored a goal. According to LAX World, “In 2009, the fastest a lacrosse ball has ever been shot was broken by Paul Rabil. His shot was a recorded 111 mph. If that sounds amazing, just wait. His record was broken four years later by Mike Sawyer in 2013, where he smashed Rabil’s record with an LAX ball at 114 mph at the same event.”
6. The Oldest Sport In North America
Lacrosse, first played by the Cherokee, Iroquois, and Onondaga nations, has been around since the 1500’s. One of the earliest reasons Native American lacrosse was played was to settle disputes and prevent war between nations.
5. Several Sports Rolled Into One
Lacrosse has been described as being like soccer, hockey, and basketball all rolled into one. Like soccer, it’s performed on a field; like hockey, it’s played with sticks; and like basketball, lacrosse requires players to be quick on their feet and put the ball into the net.
4. There Are Four Different Types
The sport has four versions that have different sticks, fields, rules and equipment: field lacrosse, women’s lacrosse, box lacrosse and intercrosse. Field lacrosse is played on a grass or turf field.The rules of women’s lacrosse differ significantly from men’s lacrosse, most notably by equipment and the degree of allowable physical contact. Box lacrosse is played in a hockey-type arena, and involves more contact because it’s a smaller space to play. Intercrosse, or soft stick lacrosse, is a non-contact form of lacrosse with a standardized set of rules using modified lacrosse equipment. Soft stick lacrosse is a popular way to introduce young athletes to the sport.
3. Lacrosse And The Olympics
Lacrosse has only been officially played at the Olympics in 1904 and 1908; it was a demonstration sport in the 1928, 1932 and 1948 Olympics. A barrier to the game being played at the event is a lack of global participation—but there is currently a movement by The Federation of International Lacrosse to change all that, allowing the sport to return the Olympics.
2. Lacrosse Has A Number Of Different Leagues
Major League Lacrosse (MLL) was started in 2001 with six teams in the Northeastern United States. The National Lacrosse League (NLL), launched in 1987, is a box lacrosse league in North America with nine teams. And The United Women’s Lacrosse League (UWLX) is an American four-team women’s lacrosse league that began in 2016.
Participation in lacrosse has grown a lot over the last ten years. The sport is seeing an increase in popularity among all categories, with the NCAA reporting over the last two decades a 24% increase in the number of new men’s lacrosse programs and a 65% increase in new women’s lacrosse programs. Lacrosse is the fastest-growing high school sport in the nation. As its popularity has increased, so has its injury list. Every year, lacrosse players of all ages are susceptible to head-related injuries and more importantly, concussions, during games and practices.
Overall, Lacrosse is a fairly moderate risk sport, but can be known for common minor strains, sprains, and bruises. More significant injuries can include knee injuries, ankle injuries, and even concussions. With all contact and collision sports, like lacrosse, it is always recommended to wear appropriate equipment.
About Athlete Intelligence
Athlete Intelligence is a leading head impact monitoring and performance tracking solution for team sports. Through wearable devices, Coaching and Athletic Training staff take a data driven approach to improving athlete safety and performance.
To learn more about Athlete Intelligence:
Under Armour Command Head Review
The Under Armour Command head is honestly nothing like what they have released before. Every other head that UA has released, they all had that kind of distinct look where everyone could tell that it was an Under Armour head. The Command is different, they took a different design approach but it is still obviously an Under Armour head. To me, it looks sleeker. The throat isn’t as jagged and fits very snuggly on to most shafts I tried to put it on. Sometimes too snuggly, it was very difficult to put on a Gait 803 and an ECD Focus.
When I picked up the head, it was literally everything a short stick defensive midfielder could ever want. Light, super stiff, a wider but still offensively geared face shape. It’s really a great head for every player. The offset is aggressive and this might be the most offset UA head in their lineup. Also, the offset really gives a great mid pocket. In light of the start of the NLL season I strung mine with a baggy pocket that I fell in love with right away.
I never really knew what Glide Scoop Technology was, I actually thought it was kind of gimmicky. I’m normally playing on turf fields in college and there are never really any problems with ground balls. Playing on a grass field was when I noticed how useful Glide Scoop Technology was. I played on a horrible grass field in high school (it was more like a farm) and I broke so many heads from patches of grass catching my stick on a groundball. I went back to my high school to test this head and it was a dream come true (still crappy fields, btw). GB’s were the easiest I have ever had to get while using this head. Like I said before, this is a SSDM’s dream.
Under Armour always surprises me with their aggressive style of heads. I think the smallest thing that I really liked was the fact that they are branding the heads at the top of the scoop now. Love the look.
Final thoughts: This is a versatile head shape that’s acceptable for all positions short of tending goal.
Pocket is ECD Hero Mesh and Hero strings
Pattern is nine diamond Mainely Mesh variant topstring starting on the second hole, on the third hole, tie, skip, I, skip, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, skip, I, top off. Bottom string is on the ten diamond row and it’s a weird bottom string that I learned from That_Kiwi_Guy on instagram.
brine lacrosse head
Unwound Fake Train Review,
Weaving Notes Pdf,
Umi Office Chair Review,
How To Make A Hotel Bed Fast,
Frozen Pomegranate Juice Concentrate,
Sloppy Joe Hot Dog Bun,
Goodnight Streaks Meaning,
Butter Fruit Juice Price In Bangalore,
Nzxt h310 Micro Atx,
Girls Lacrosse Rules for Beginners – CreaseRoll
There are many rules and fouls in girls lacrosse to keep the game safe for the players. This is a summary of common girls lacrosse rules to review with new players and includes much of what they need to know for a safe and functional game. These are paraphrased versions and there are certain situations when they vary and may or may not apply as written here.
Rules and rule interpretations change from year to year. See US Lacrosse for current rule books.
Penalty Administration for Major or Minor Fouls
Following a foul, all players must stand at least four meters away from the player restarting a free position or indirect free position. This is called the penalty administration process and preparation for the restart. On a major foul, the offending player must stand four meters behind the player taking the free position. On a minor foul, the offending player stands four meters away in the direction from which she approached before committing the foul. Major fouls inside the 8 meter arc; the area is a cleared and a penalty shot is awarded.
Common Major Fouls:
Crosse in Sphere – A player may not reach into or through the area around an opponents head from shoulder to shoulder (think Buzz Lightyear dome helmet) called “the sphere” or hold her crosse around the throat of an opponent. She may not directly poke or wave the crosse near an opponent’s face
Free Space to Goal (Shooting Space) -The space between the ball and the goal circle, which denies the attack the opportunity to shoot safely and encourages shooting at a player.
3-Second Rule (Defensive Foul) – While defending within the 8-meter arc, one cannot remain in that area more than 3 seconds unless one is marking an opponent within a stick’s length
Pick and Screens – A screen (or pick) occurs when a player without the ball, by her positioning, forces an opponent to take another route. To be legal, the player must be set within the visual field of the opponent, allowing the defender time and space to change her direction.
Dangerous Propelling – A player cannot maneuver the ball in her lacrosse stick in a dangerous manner and without regard to the people around her, such as shooting over or though players.
Dangerous Follow Through – Similar to dangerous propelling, but concerning the stick and not the ball.
Offensive Charging – A girls’ lacrosse player with the ball cannot push into a defensive player who has established position. This major foul often occurs within the 12-meter fan when a player is going toward the goal.
Illegal Contact – A defensive player cannot contact a ball carrier with a horizontal stick to the body. Illegal contact, detaining, and crosschecks across the body are explained in more specific detail in Proper Defensive Stick Positioning.
Common Minor Fouls:
Cover – Players cannot guard (cover) a ground ball with her foot or crosse.
Empty Stick Check – A girls’ lacrosse player can’t check another player’s stick that isn’t in contact with the ball. This applies only when the opponent could have gained possession of the ball.
Draw Control Motion – On draw controls, the two opposing players must move the ball with an up-and-away motion with their lacrosse sticks. A downward or outward motion is illegal, and the ball is awarded to the non-offending team with a free position.
Restraining Line (Offsides) – An offside is called when a team has more than seven players on or over the restraining line in its offensive end or more than eight players on or over the restraining line in its defensive end. (line 30 yards up from each goal line)
3-Second Rule (Offensive Foul) – The offensive player has three seconds to pass the ball or change her cradle – either switching her hands or the level she is holding the ball. If the ball remains stationary for more than three seconds, the referee awards the defense with a free position. This lacrosse rule is exempt if the offensive player is behind the goal and the defensive player guarding her is in front of the goal and mirroring her.
Goal Circle Violation – Players must stay out of the goalie circle. A goal does not count if the shooter or another offensive player steps on or into the goal circle or interferes with the goalie. A defensive player can reach her stick inside the goal circle to block or redirect a shot. Below the ninth-grade level, a shooter may not follow through with her lacrosse stick into the goalie circle.
10 Circumstances When a Goal Doesn’t Count:
1. The ball is put in goal by a non player
2. The ball comes off the body of an offensive player (defensive ok)
3. The ball enters after the whistle or horn (common with Free Space to Goal violation)
4. The shooter or any other attacker has entered the goal circle
5. The goal keeper, while within the goal circle is interfered with
6. Dangerous shot or follow through
7. The ball enters while the offensive team has an illegal player on the field
8 .The ball enters when the attacking team is offside
9. Illegal stick used to score
10. Shot scored from an indirect free position
Spin Right And Shoot Left
You’re on defense, zone defense. You pick up a loose ball and look for the outlet pass. You see it, throw it, and go down the middle on a fast break, taking the return pass. Now you’re looking for a three-on-two or a two-on-one before they can set up their defense. Too late, they’re settled—man-to-man. You’re still looking for a two-on-one, but it’s more complicated. You see and sense everybody—where they are, where they’re headed, as things develop in almost constant motion. You watch for a backdoor cut, and for someone posting up. Maybe go for an outside shot. The coach is yelling his mantra, “Look for the open man!” There is no open man. Wary of a double-team, you give up the ball with a bounce pass. One player to the next, the ball moves two, three, four times before you set a pick, roll, take a no-look pass, and go to the hoop for a layup. Are you playing basketball? No.
You could be, of course, every term and move alike. But this is lacrosse, which is essentially the same game—an assertion that loses a good deal of its novelty in the light of the fact that James Naismith, best known for inventing basketball, in 1891, and writing and publishing basketball’s original rules, in 1892, was a lacrosse player. A Canadian, he had played lacrosse in the eighteen-eighties at McGill, and also for the New York Lacrosse Club.
Lacrosse and basketball are siblings of soccer, hockey, and water polo. When the rules of ice hockey were written, in the eighteen-seventies, a model they followed was lacrosse. The transfer of lacrosse from Iroquoian to European culture had occurred in Montreal in mid-century, and while the white sport was to emigrate and develop most emphatically in the eastern United States, Canadians would retain it strongly here and there—“here” being southeastern Ontario, “there” consisting of some great leaps over territory unfamiliar in the game. Paul and Gary Gait, twins who played for Syracuse (1987-90) and who constitute in themselves a hall of fame within the Hall of Fame, grew up in Victoria, British Columbia, a hotbed of lacrosse. David Mitchell, Cornell ’07, a prestidigitational stickhandler who plays in both professional lacrosse leagues (indoor and outdoor), grew up and went to high school in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. Wayne Gretzky, ice hockey’s historically greatest star, grew up in Brantford, Ontario. As winters wore on, Gretzky has said, “I could hardly wait to get my lacrosse stick out and start throwing the ball around. It didn’t matter how cold or rainy it would be, we’d be out firing the ball against walls and working on our moves.”
In lacrosse as in hockey, Gretzky was at home in the power play, also known as “man-up” and “e.m.o.”—the extra-man opportunity that results when somebody is sent out of the game for a time as a result of a violation, such as “slashing,” an unambiguous term common to hockey and lacrosse. Hockey’s power play is still a bit rough-hewn—for example, one player, in close, acting as a screen, the others stitching around him a silhouette of slap shots—and in evolutionary terms has not progressed nearly as far as the fast-weaving passes of lacrosse, which gradually tease apart an open man. Water polo—whose fakes and shots will translate into the other games—uses the e.m.o. to punish various torts, like taking your opponent to the bottom of the pool. In lacrosse, advancing the ball from one end of the field to the other is known as clearing, and the defensive attempt to stop the clear is known as riding. Soccer coaches have said that soccer consists of lacrosse’s clearing and riding. The basketball term for riding is “full-court press.” The most difficult pass in lacrosse traverses the field from one side to the other while both players are running. Soccer calls that square ball. Of these five games—with their picks and screens, their fast breaks and rotational defenses, their high degree of continuous motion—water polo, in its sluggish medium, is surely the most awkward, and lacrosse, at the other extreme, creates the fastest and crispest accumulation of passes and is the prettiest to watch.
Four of these sports are played in the Olympics. The other is lacrosse. There is a Bulgarian Lacrosse Federation, a Korean Lacrosse Association, a Deutscher Lacrosse Verband, an Österreichischer Lacrosse Verband, a Nederlandse Lacrosse Bond, a Suomen Lacrosseliitto ry, Lacrosse Polska, Schweiz Lacrosse, and similar organizations in Spain, Hong Kong, Latvia, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, Canada, Sweden, Denmark, Bermuda, Scotland, Ireland, England, Italy, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Czech Republic. A few years ago, the Princeton lacrosse team finished its season by touring Japan, because there were fifteen thousand lacrosse players in Japan. To the Japanese, a visiting Division I American lacrosse team was an educational opportunity. Near the end of the visit, Princeton was asked to play, against assorted Japanese teams, eight complete lacrosse games in one day. Bill Tierney, Princeton’s coach, was uncharacteristically at a loss for words. Like American football teams, lacrosse teams usually play once a week and need the time to recover. Holding up a pair of fingers, Tierney said, “Two.”
As lacrosse has spread to the Far East, the Far East has entered the cerebral cortex of lacrosse. Dave Pietramala, the head coach at the Johns Hopkins University, has studied Sun Tzu on military strategy. Sun Tzu dates from twenty-five centuries ago, in the time of Aristotle and Alexander the Great. After reading Sun Tzu on deception (“All warfare is based on deception”), Pietramala looked more favorably than ever on the Hopkins defensive fake slide. Like his ancient mentor, Pietramala preaches patience. Sun Tzu: “If it is to your advantage to make a forward move, make a forward move; if not, stay where you are.” Hopkins has won nine N.C.A.A. championships since the N.C.A.A. began its tournaments, in 1971. (Before then, national champions were declared.) Pietramala achieved his first in 2005. In 1928, in a premature attempt to sell lacrosse to the Olympics, Major General Douglas MacArthur, the president of the American Olympic Committee, organized a lacrosse tournament to determine what American team would demonstrate lacrosse in matches against Great Britain and Canada at the summer Games in Amsterdam. Hopkins defeated Maryland for the honor.
The International Federation of Women’s Lacrosse Associations has held a World Cup tournament every four years since 1982. The first was in Nottingham. The most recent one was in Annapolis, Maryland (Australia 14, U.S. 7), and the next one is in Prague. Men’s World Lacrosse Championships have been held every four years since 1974, most recently in London, Ontario, where Team U.S.A., which had won the tournament seven of nine times, got past the Iroquois, 21–13, but lost in the final to Canada. The populationally outnumbered Iroquois hold their own in these tournaments, usually finishing well up in the column. They do not seek membership in the Indian National Lacrosse Federation. At a bar in Dublin late last spring, a manager of the English national men’s lacrosse team remarked that some Iroquois have two sets of sticks, modern ones and old “woodies,” “and man do they hurt when they check with them.” He said, “They really do hold their own as a lacrosse nation.” In 2006, after narrowly beating England, “they took the Australians apart; they bring something special to every World Championship—they are the life and soul of our sport.”
I was in Dublin with the Princeton men’s lacrosse team, of which I am a Faculty Fellow (an official position, not unlike shaman, that was thought up some years ago by the university’s athletic director, Gary Walters, who can think up just about anything). Earlier, we had been in southeastern Spain, near Cartagena, at a high-rent sporting club called La Manga, where Spanish Open golf tournaments have been played, where a tennis stadium is surrounded by twenty-seven outside courts, and where a spread of cricket pitches and no fewer than eight state-of-the-art soccer fields have attracted cricketers and footballers of the highest level. Manchester United warms up there. Princeton—scheduled to play two games on consecutive days against the English national lacrosse team—arrived on the eve of the first match after a long bus ride to J.F.K. that included streets of midtown Manhattan, a night flight to Dublin, a 6 A.M. departure for Alicante, which is as close to Dublin as New York is to Minneapolis, and, finally, an hour’s bus ride from Alicante to La Manga, where the team arrived with ample time to change into their uniforms, get into other buses, and ride to a field to practice. Goals, grass, sidelines, restraining boxes, end lines, creases—everything was perfect, and perfectly marked. Bill Tierney ran his team for two hours. They didn’t seem at all sleepless, and he finished them off with wind sprints. Then he called them together for a word: This was no Roman holiday; these were games of importance to international lacrosse, and they were to play with finesse, not flash, proving how well they could play, not how showily. Looking around, he didn’t need to add: No behind-the-back passes, no behind-the-back hot-dog shots at the English goalie. Since they apparently thought sleep was what other people do, he told them to make curfew, and he would be around to see that they did. “Give this team a good game,” he said. “They have better sticks than we do.”
What that meant was that the English would pass, catch, shoot, scoop, and cradle with more stickhandling skill than their American opponents. Really? Really. In the first game, an English midfielder, sprinting up his left sideline to take a pass on a clear, looked over his shoulder and saw that the ball was headed wide, low, and out of bounds. Without breaking stride, and keeping his feet always inches inbounds, he extended his left arm and lacrosse stick far over the sideline, lowered the head almost to the ground, and turned the pocket backward. Seven feet from the player’s shoulder, six inches above the ground, the ball went into the pocket, then, still running full tilt, the English midfielder flipped the head of the stick and brought it up into shooting position as he veered toward the Princeton goal.
A lacrosse stick is a rigid slingshot. American toddlers learn to handle lacrosse sticks in certain locations more than in others—notably, in Baltimore. Manchester has been called “the Baltimore of English lacrosse.” The Mancunian press has called Baltimore the Manchester of the United States. That English midfielder was a Mancunian. Some seventy-five per cent of English lacrosse players are natives of Greater Manchester. Men’s world championships have been and will be held in Manchester (2010). In the eighteen-nineties, at the British lacrosse championship, a Mancunian donated a trophy for the winner, calling it the Iroquois Cup.
After the lacrosse games in Spain and a third game a few days later against England in Ireland—after the Princeton players got into their buses and went back to their rooms—Bill Tierney stayed on, at the request of the English nationals, to conduct clinics for the English players. It being his opinion that they were long on stickhandling and short on strategy, he told them that they expended too much energy “running east-west and not enough running north-south.” He told them he was “seeing a lot of green down the middle, down that alley,” and they were not taking advantage of it. “When you dodge and run, head to the far pipe. Going for the far corner of the pipe is a mental idea.” He talked volubly, rapidly, with the absence of hesitation of someone completely grounded in his subject, and he showed no concern for his American accent; he was speaking lacrosse. If he mentioned isos, they understood that he meant isododging—one against one. “North-south” is parallel to sidelines, “east-west” is parallel to end lines. You don’t accomplish much running east-west; you attack by running north-south.
“The guy who makes the play is often not the guy who got the assist or the goal. It starts two or three passes earlier. We all get the goal.”
“Lacrosse is essentially a matter of looking for a two-on-one. You get it by dodging, passing, or picking.”
“If you hear the word ‘switch,’ put your shoulder in it and go for the goal.”
“Get outside your comfort zone—go left.”
“Number 40, you used your shot fake enough times to make it ineffective. Use it when it counts.”
Tierney himself seemed to have been trained in some sort of diplomatic clinic. He had many genuine compliments for the English players, seasoned with deprecations of his own players (who weren’t there). On the craft of scoring, he said, “You shoot to the opposite knee.” On the art of precision shooting, he said, “If my guys could hit the corners, I would tell them to shoot there. But I tell them to shoot for the knees or the shoulders. Then they’ll hit the corners.” (He has had players who could hit a falling leaf.)
“If you shoot from square, you can’t get everything on it that you want.” (When you shoot from square, a line drawn between your feet would be perpendicular to the direction of your shot.)
“Do your inside roll. Feel the pressure of the defense.”
“Do the rocker step, come back up top.”
“Split hard to his top foot.” (Make your dodge and pass the defender on the side where his foot is more advanced.)
“That’s about as far as you are going to get to go before they double you.”
Setting up drill lines for two-on-twos, he taught them a pick-and-roll variation that he called Kodiak, because Princeton invented it for a game against Brown. It was reminiscent of the confined space, tight maneuvering, and superb stickhandling of Iroquois and Canadian indoor lacrosse, transposed by Tierney to the outdoor game. Occurring topside (in front of the goal), it could result in various achievements, such as causing a long-stick defenseman (a “pole”) to be replaced by a defender with a short stick, or producing a maneuver resulting in a score: set the pick, and after the roll “make that little Kodiak-type pass, over the shoulder.”
Both figuratively and literally, the most exploitable dimension in the game of lacrosse is the more than eight thousand square feet of playing space behind each goal, the focus of which is an area known as X. Tierney mentioned various dodges crafted for coming out of X, the simplest of which was pure speed—the “speed dodge,” the “rush dodge,” the “bull dodge.”
90,000 devil, devilish, horns, strange, evil, superstitious, demon, face, head, figure, fool
devil, devilish, horns, strange, evil, superstitious, demon, face, head, figure, fool | Pikist
devil, diabolical, horns, strange, evil, superstitious, demon, face, head, figure, fooling around
Relevant royalty free photos
demon, spirit, frightening, end of winter, winter drive, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes
Schalk, court jester, Ulenspiegel, face, head, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel
witches devils, devil, portrait, witches, spectators, female characters, fooling, haestraeger, figure, carnival, fools jumping
gaugama, water sprite, sage, blue, viewers, female characters, fool around, haestraeger, figure, carnival, fools jumping
man, adult, clown, harlequin, fool, Schalk, fasnet, carnival, costume, haes, maggot
dog, wolf, Bruhl dog, tiermasken, dangerous, demon, winter disc, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, Swabian Alemannic, Fasnet
plaetzler, pig bubbles, red white, human, male, plaetzlerzunft, vineyard, historically, figure, fooling around, haestraeger
plaetzler, plaetzlerzunft, vineyard, historically, red white, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel
figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes, fasnet, move, costume, swabian alemannic
papierkrattler, Ravensburg, oil elite salazar papierkrattler, head, figure, fool around, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, Haes
devil, demon, diabolical, tooth, strange, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes
Tettnang, hop, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, Haes, fasnet, move
crying, tears, white fool, sad, mourning, emotion, figure, fooling around, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping
tiermasken, Geiss, goat, horns, face, portrait, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, Swabian Alemannic, Fasnet, move
wolf, fur, head, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, Haes, Fasnet
waldschrat, man, man, hat, trumpet, forest spirit, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping
castle fool, court jester, harlequin, Schalk, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes
castle fool, expose, harlequin, schalk, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes
devil, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, disguise, carnival, masquerade, costume
strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, disguise, carnival, masquerade, costume, panel
castle fool, fool around, strassenfasnet, fools jump, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, carnival, masks, masquerade
fool, clown, figure, funny, harlequin, costume, swabian alemannic, customs, haestraeger, carnival, holzfigur
fool, gaugama, ulm guild fools, telephone receiver, clothed, costume, swabian alemannic, face, haestraeger, customs, guild
face, portrait, spirit, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, Haes, Fasnet
demon, spirit, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, disguise, carnival, masquerade
fool, clown, harlequin, joker, fax, court jester, funny, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, Swabian Alemannic, Fasnet
woman, old woman, liz, female, headscarf, smile, face, head, figure, fool, haestraeger
forest spirit, tree, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes, fasnet, move
figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes, fasnet, move, costume, swabian alemannic
demon, spirit, ghost, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, disguise, carnival
Schalk, crook, court jester, jester, face, head, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping
witch, profile, woman, pigtails, headscarf, face, portrait, female, figure, fool, haestraeger
gaugama, water sprite, spirit, spectators, fool, haestraeger, figure, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes
witches, oberzell, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, disguise, carnival, masquerade
gaugama, water sprite, blue, spirit, spectators, fool around, haestraeger, figure, carnival, fools jumping, panel
fool, gaugama, ulm guild fools, telephone receiver, clothed, costume, swabian alemannic, face, haestraeger, customs, guild
court jester, Schalk, man, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, Haes, Fasnet
witches, headscarf, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, Swabian Alemannic, Fasnet, move, Haes, carnival, masks, masquerade
head, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes, fasnet, move, costume
witch, pigtails, witch mask, woman, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, disguise
Gina Hydeout, Ulm Hansele, Fooling, Haestraeger, Figure, Carnival, Fools Jumping, Panel, Haes, Fasnet, Move
musician, band, executioner, combo, drummer, drum body, karaoke, music, face, head, figure
fool, haestraeger, figure, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes, fasnet, move, costume, swabian alemannic
alafanz, tooth, tooth tip, fangs, figure, fool around, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes
man, costume, holiday, mask, panel, portrait, carnival, carnival parade, carnival, fasnet, fools jumping
witch, woman, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, disguise, carnival, masquerade
mouse, tiermasken, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes, fasnet, move
witch, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes, fasnet, move, costume
fool, clown, figure, funny, harlequin, costume, swabian alemannic, customs, haestraeger, carnival, holzfigur
people, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes, fasnet, move, costume
carnival, fasnet, colorful, swabian alemannic, disguise, carved, figure, haes, fools jumping, wooden mask, panel
lacrosse, musician, carnival, costume, masquerade, swabian alemannicus, customs, music, strassenfasnet, tradition, germany
pears, apple, fruit, wooden head, lindau, lake constance, guild, guild of fools, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic
witches, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, carnival, masks, masquerade, costume
nobleman, man, wig, rococo, baroque, face, head, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival
witches, guild fools ulm, ulm, head, figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, Haes
figure, fool, haestraeger, carnival, fools jumping, panel, haes, fasnet, move, costume, swabian alemannic
witch, dare, wave, window, strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, carnival
strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, carnival, masks, masquerade, costume, panel
strassenfasnet, fools jumping, swabian alemannic, fasnet, move, haes, disguise, carnival, masquerade, costume, panel
Strange Love Triangle / Vol 1 / Chapter 3: Galaxy on the Lips
-… I’m sorry, I can’t date you.
I was called after class to the park.
The face of the girl who confessed to me, Sudou Itsuki, was distorted.
– W-why? .. You like me after all …
– I already have a dear person … So just give up …
– Cruel … – she shook her head.
However, her face was colored with anger and resentment.
– … I will not forgive. I will never forgive. You will still regret that you refused me, – she poked her finger at me.- Yano … You … Goof!
“… Listen,” Shuji, who was watching, spoke with a grin. – How long will you play? .. Isn’t it time to get down to business?
– A-ha-ha, exactly! Sudou smiled as if she wasn’t serious. – So why did you ask to act out this confession situation? Are you really in love with me? ..
– Of course not! You just called to the park, and I thought, suddenly you were going to confess.
– Huh? What was I supposed to confess to you? – pouted Sudou, but was not displeased.
She is a positive girl, loves everything interesting and funny and tries to reduce any conversation to entertainment.
Of course she knows how others look at her and what they expect.
However, Sudou … Incredibly cheerful.
Not only she smiles herself, she wants the same from others. I’m sure these are her sincere feelings.
Therefore, when communicating with her, I am more excited than when talking with others.
… Although I would not want to.
If I hadn’t been acting out, perhaps we would have become closer friends.
However, I was not sure that she would accept me like that.
I played the role she needed … And I felt guilty about it.
– Okay, you strayed again. Let’s get down to business.
– Oh, exactly.
After Shuji’s remark, we moved to the swing.
Compared to her, the guy played his part all the time.
During conversations, he always kept one step behind and always spoke in such a way as not to hurt anyone.
In a conversation with him, he forces him to show motives and hidden feelings.
Therefore, when I communicate with him, I always worry whether he has revealed me and whether he sees that I am playing.
Sudou was swinging while we sat around.
There were not so many people in the park in the evening.
Just kids playing DS and young women chatting with their kids.
A fire engine siren sounded in the distance, and the closing theme of the program sounded from a nearby house.
– … So what?
– M, listen … – Sudou began to straighten her short skirt and hesitated.“… You’ve been with Akiha quite often lately.
– Well, yes.
– Both at school and after school you are sometimes seen together.
… A week has passed since the trip home to Minas.
I spent all the time with Haruka and supported her.
Sudou said correctly, I was always there at school, and then after class we conducted debriefing.
So there were fewer errors.
She already gave more than just indistinct answers in conversations.
– … Shuji-kun is listening to the old mouth … I did not listen to this, can you advise something.
– … I liked the movie Around Us. I have it on DVD, if you want, I can borrow it.
She has even begun to say something to others herself.
She still has outstanding abilities.
If he does not relax, he will avoid serious trouble.
… The only problem is that sometimes she still allowed herself to relax.
– I just thought, what if… – Sudou jumped off the swing … And calmly asked. – Yano, do you like … Akiha?
… I knew that this was the case.
I was expecting something like this.
After the incident in the cafe, she mockingly asked if we were engaged, and we continued to stay together. Of course she became suspicious.
I was already partially ready for this.
Whatever people thought, I was going to support Haruka.
And I really loved Akiha, so this comment did not embarrass or surprise me.
The only question is how to answer.
“… Heh, you shut up, Yano,” Shuji, who was watching, smiled. – I thought you’d start to object.
– So I guessed it ?! Speaking excitedly, Sudou jumped onto the swing again. – I was sure of that! It was directly felt that you were hiding something! This is definitely love!
– No, I can’t admit it yet!
– Oh, isn’t it? Then why are you together all the time? ..
– This is …
Yes… That is the question.
Generally ashamed to admit that I love Akiha.
I’ve been friends with Shuji and Sudo for over a year now, and we haven’t talked about that yet.
But if I say that it is not … I cannot explain why we are together.
The truth is that I support Haruka, but her split personality is our secret. And I can’t tell you about him.
Better … to confess?
So it will be better for us? ..
– … Well, yes, – breaking my head, I sighed.”You’re right … Akiha me …” I hesitated. – … I like it …
… I couldn’t even get up out of shame.
The body was itchy, sweat beaded on the back and forehead.
– B-but what’s so-and-so, it’s not bad!
– Ah, not bad, of course not bad!
I was excited and Sudou happily answered me.
If she were a dog, she would have wagged her tail.
– More likely even good! You just didn’t admit it! But, hee-hee-hee … That’s how. You like girls like Akiha… I’m a little surprised!
– … Why?
– It seemed to me that you like the more active ones.
Indeed, usually I played the role of a “sociable classmate”, so one might think that I should like the cheerful girls too. Although I will not say that this is not at all true.
“But I think I understand you.” Shuji smiled like a magazine cover and looked at us.
– Yano … Minase-san has something that you don’t have, that’s why you admire her.
….. This guy.
Hiroo Shuji, you have to keep your ears open with him.
He looks calm and kind, but he looks at the root.
… Of course he didn’t know about Akiha’s split personality.
But generally hit the mark.
– … Well, something like that.
I decided it would be more correct to confess.
– Just behave as usual … I want to do without any. I’ll endure the jokes, but I’m serious and a little embarrassed.
– Sorry, sorry. We didn’t ask to make fun of! As she spoke, Sudou began to sway.
Her skirt was pulled up, exposing her white hips.
– Hey, Sudo, you can see your panties like that! Slow down the pace!
– Why are you worried, it’s not Akiha’s panties. And you kind of said that you don’t want to be bullied!
– … What? Then why are you doing this on purpose? .. – I asked … And Sudo jumped off the swing and landed right in front of me.
She looked at me happily.
– I … Play the role of Cupid!
-… I’m sorry, I will refuse.
– … A-ah-ah-ah-ah!
… Immediate failure.
Sudou’s loud voice caught everyone in the classroom early in the morning.
Teachers and students passing in the hallway were also puzzled by a raised tone.
… The self-proclaimed Cupid invited the four of them to go to Odaiba.
Yano is not one of those who throws out something strange.
And she was going to diversify and develop relationships.
Honestly, there was no desire for this.
They will lead somewhere, they will stare, expecting something, too much load, I just can’t do anything.
And Akiha is unlikely to be pleased with such a choice.
T I had a reliable ally in the person of Haruka.
There was no need to patronize her as much as before.
But in the evening when I called to confer at Haruka’s time.
– … Oh, I want, I want to go!
She spoke so loudly that I even had to move away from the phone.
– I’ve always dreamed about it! Go somewhere with friends on the weekend … Because I really want to!
Since she asks so, I cannot refuse.
Surely it will be much more difficult to hide the split personality there than in the classroom.
In the crowd, you will have to look after each other more often, besides, we will be together much longer.
The level of danger is much higher than just at school.
But … It was a necessary experience.
She wanted to act like Akiha, so she had to try to do it in an unusual place.
Well, I … When I heard Haruka, I slightly changed my mind.
Both Akiha and Haruka would probably like to go somewhere …
So I told Sudou what to offer, but …
– O-Odaiba is not the right place? Narakuji or Maihama? ..
– Ah, that’s not the point. I’m busy this weekend.
… Akiha refused.
– That’s why I refuse. Can you go without me?
– Ah, yeah, well, yeah …
It didn’t make sense without Akiha.
Sudou is completely discouraged.
“L-okay … I need to think it over.” She staggered away from Akiha’s place.
Sudou glanced at me and said “I’m sorry” for sure.
But I … It wasn’t her that worried anymore.
Akiha’s words seemed strange to me.
I’ve seen it fail in a similar way.
Simple and clear, and Haruka, who imitated her, did it guiltily, as if she had a stomach ache.
But … This time it was different.
Maybe you should talk to her about this.
“… I’m sorry, can I have you? ..” I turned to Akiha as she was putting her shift in the locker.
With her right hand raised, she turned to me.
The gesture made my heart beat faster in the afternoon sun.
I didn’t know how to behave in front of her.
– I want to ask you something …
– … Here’s how.
Looks like she understood what I mean.
She took moccasins from the locker.
– Let’s go home together.
… Home together.
This phrase alone made my chest feel so warm.
We may not be that close … But she did not reject me.
You can’t count on much, but it’s okay if I hope for something.
– … So what did you want to talk about? Akiha asked as she left the school building and kept walking.
– Yes, that’s … What Sudou was talking about.Regarding the campaign to Odaiba.
– The fact that you are busy on the weekend … Is that a lie?
When I said that … I felt like I hurt Akiha.
– Haruka said. On weekends, you sometimes go to the hospital, so you’re usually free. So why did she lie … and refused?
Perhaps I am pushing too much.
Maybe she just doesn’t want to be with us.
However … Since Ahika cheated by refusing, there must be some reason.
-… Yes, I really deceived, – the girl admitted with a sigh. – And you understood that, Yano-kun …
– … It’s not just that I’m always playing the role for a reason. I understand when people do this …
Since I myself constantly lie, I understand when others do it.
Expressions, voice and gestures tell when feelings and words diverge.
Besides … It was Akiha.
I am sure that I see changes in her better than in others.
– Maybe you feel uncomfortable in such tourist places?
-… I have not been to Odaiba, so I cannot say.
– So … Are you uncomfortable with Sudou?
– No. She is good. Although a little intrusive …
– Then …
Looking down, I made the most anticipated assumption to Akiha.
– Are you worried about Haruka? ..
… There was no objection.
– This will be slightly dangerous. Go shopping, move a lot, we will spend quite a lot of time together. There, a split personality will be harder to hide than at school.Because … You refused so as not to put Haruka in danger?
This is the only reason that occurred to me.
Akiha could only lie for someone else’s sake.
Besides … For someone close.
We have gone a few more steps.
– … Not without it, – she did not say this directly, which was not in her style. – But that’s part of the reason …
… What does that mean?
I cannot understand what she was thinking about these words.
Due to the small number of emotions and words, I could not understand something.
… But if you think about it, it was originally.
Unlike Haruka, who has everything on her face, Akiha is more secretive.
… I’m so close, and yet.
We see each other every day. We keep a common diary.
And I couldn’t get even a step closer to her heart, which is why I feel anxious and lonely.
– … Well, I won’t force you.
But I was going to tell her everything.
Sharpening my smile, I continued.
– But Haruka was overjoyed…That is why I would like you to go. I’ll try to help, and Haruka is getting better at it. I’m sure nothing bad will happen.
– … Here’s how.
– Besides me too … I want to have fun together.
… Who do I want to go with?
I couldn’t tell what happened to Akiha.
But these were the same sincere feelings.
And if she refuses, you have to give up.
– … That’s how, together, – the girl said with a sigh.
And now …
– … Not fair …
… Yes, that’s what I heard.
Words not in Akiha’s style …
What was that? ..
But before he could ask.
– … Since you say so. Maybe it really would be nice.
The girl looked up and smiled at me.
– … Maybe you should really go.
And only because of this … All worries were carried away from my head.
I got an award for all that stress and anxiety.
– … Okay.
I dropped all my gloomy thoughts and took the phone.
– I’ll notify Sudou.
There are people who enjoy travel planning the most.
One of the closest to me is Sudo.
This was during a field trip in the first year. An inspired girl dragged me and Shuji for shopping, decided where to go, and worked out the route.
It was not enough for her to look on the Internet where they advise to go, she bought guidebooks and made a whole bunch of bookmarks there.
When deciding on the final route, she sighed about the places that had to be abandoned, and I still remember how she smiled when she finally made her route.
Of course, the girl enjoyed the trip itself.
We enjoyed a steamed eel from Yanagawa, walked around a heart-shaped stone in Glover’s garden, looked at evening Kobe from the ferry and gave the fashionable “city … Sleeping.”
However … Compared to the preparation phase.
It seemed that for Sudou it was more important.
Instead of being there in person, she liked to plan and imagine herself in a place far from home, perhaps this is the “excursion” for her.
There was another such person next to me.
April 25 (Wednesday) Haruka
I looked on my phone, there are a whole bunch of different shops in Venus Fort!
What can you do, you can’t get around everything …
And I also want to go to the science museum in Diver City …
April 26 (Thursday) Haruka
I want football in balls…
Although a little scary …
And there is also Gundam on Odaiba …
When it was decided to go to Odaiba, Haruka did not stop.
And during the debriefing in the office, and in the diary, all the topics were about this.
She really hasn’t gone anywhere with friends before.
Thinking this, I was hoping it would be fun this weekend, but nothing depended on me.
… Last night it started raining and flooded the Nishi-Ogikubo station where we were supposed to meet.
– You’re late!
Wet asphalt turns black.
Next to Shuji, Sudou was displeased with her hands on her hips.
– We are already tired of waiting! You’re always like that, Yano! Straight late by nature …
– No, I was not late! Five minutes more until the agreed time!
I took out my phone, checked it and was not mistaken.
There was still time before the appointed time.
– It’s not enough just to come on time! There are those who want to have fun as soon as possible, and our opinion is also worth considering!
– If so, then you came five minutes later than me, Sudou… – Shuji said with a grin to the angry girl.
And then he looked behind me.
– A … I came.
– Indeed! Hey! Akiha!
I turned around … And saw her crossing from Kita-Ginza.
– Excuse me … I am the last, – she ran up to us.
I knew from his face that it was Akiha.
Akiha will go shopping in the morning, and Haruka will have fun in the second half.
– No, it’s okay, you came even a little earlier!
– Hey, you told me something completely different!
– Of course! Ladies forward, ladies forward!
Saying something incomprehensible, Sudou immediately turned to the station.
And walked lightly.
We followed her.
“… Well, it seems there is nothing to worry about,” walking next to Akiha, I said so that only she could hear. – Haruka has been doing better lately … and I will support her.
Akiha even lied, she was so worried about Haruka.
That’s why I wanted to at least tell her that.
I wanted not only Haruka to have fun today, but also Akiha.
– … Yes, thanks, – there was no strength in the girl’s voice, it was so lethargic.
– … Are you okay? – I looked at her anxiously … She doesn’t look good.
The skin is already white, but now it is just pale.
Looks tired, legs look like lead, bags under the eyes …
– You don’t feel well? Then maybe it wasn’t worth it? ..
– … No, it’s okay, – she shook her head. – I just didn’t get enough sleep … I’m sorry I made you worry.
– … Okay then.
Couldn’t Haruka fall asleep yesterday with excitement?
Given her arousal, this is quite possible.
In this case, it is better not to dwell on it once again.
I switched over and brought my phone to the automatic turnstile.
We moved to Kanda and Shinbashi, and then sat on Yurikamoma.
Trying to get rid of the restless Sudo, we crossed the Rainbow Bridge and got off at Odaiba.
And then we went to “Venus Fort”.
– … Ah, these clothes for Akiha will definitely fit!
– Think? She’s not too old? ..
The girls have started shopping.
Sudou pulled Akiha with her, and she calmly followed her.
I don’t understand clothes, that’s why I just watched them from a distance.
As Shuji, I could not carry things and give advice.
… And yet.
– What are you talking about ?! You are such a beauty, this will definitely suit you!
– Is that so ?….
I watched Akiha choose clothes. It would be pretty nice to see her in this …
– Come on … Try it on …
– Yeah, yeah, come on!
Nudged by Sudou, Akiha went to the fitting room.
Taking off her shoes, she went into a small room and drew the curtain.
I looked there.
– … Hee-hee-hee … – Sudo came up to me and began to smile. – Now behind that curtain, Akiha is undressing …
– … Well, you! I screamed.- Who are you, anxious old man? Be delicate!
I thought about it myself.
I had shame and regret in my head.
– Oh, but it’s true. She has already taken off her dress and is now in only underwear. And also, you know. Akiha has quite large breasts …
– Who did he tell! You can shut up! Always you …
I noticed it myself.
She looked thin, but when she was in sportswear or casual clothes, you could see that she is impressive in size.
True … It’s only rude to think about that.
And this makes it feel like I’m betraying Haruka.
I tried not to look at the girl like that.
“… Listen, Yano.” Sudou’s face softened.
There was a grown-up smile on the neat child’s face.
– You can clearly see from the side … How careful you are with Akiha.
– … Careful?
She made this very serious and I repeated it.
– Yes. You try not to climb, not to harm.You care too much.
– … M, a …
I kept my distance from the others and at the same time tried not to get too close to the girl.
– I understand, this is her character. But she’s an ordinary sixteen-year-old girl … Plus, she seems to trust you.
– … Oh, how?
– Yes. Have you noticed yourself?
– Well … I won’t say no.
Sometimes I really notice something like that in her.
Good thing it was Yano-kun.If it’s Yano-kun, I don’t mind.
Judging by the words and expression, she trusted me.
But I … I myself was not sure yet.
Such a strong girl just took it and trusted a stranger?
Maybe I’m mixing my hopes connected with feelings here? ..
“Besides,” while I was thinking, Sudou continued. – Yesterday we talked about you at physical education. She said she was glad you were here.
– … Really?
– Of course true. She was worried about the translation, but thanks to you, everything worked out fine for her.
That’s probably Haruka said, but … Hmm.
Yesterday at physical education it was supposed to be … Akiha.
– Seriously? ..
Then … I’m starting to believe in myself a little.
I tried not to get too close, but it looks like you can.
– For starters, keep it simple. You like her, so you can look at her breasts and imagine all sorts of vulgarities.
– Oh, no! And don’t say that!
– Don’t be angry! For a high school student, this is a common thing, a common thing!
– Maybe so! But don’t talk about it on purpose! We’re actually in a public place !….
“… Seriously now,” Sudou suddenly lowered her tone and looked at me seriously. – We are already … “Such”.
– … T-such are what?
– We are sixteen, we are not adults but not children either. Such … In matters of love “I found my beloved! Happy end! ”But not“ I kissed! Cheers cheers”.
– This is … Well, yes.
I looked at her.
Sudou looked frivolous, but when she thought about her friends she became very serious. I could give out such that I am even surprised.
Because this conversation … Not a joke and not something that first got into my head.
– Everything will develop, and you will be hurt, and you will hurt. The relationship will become more complicated than it used to be. So you better don’t deny your feelings and don’t try to cheat. ”Sudou finally smiled. – Think it over, it is best to find a compromise.
– … Here’s how.
She’s probably right.
Our love is not a cheap romance.
There can be betrayal and deception.
So it’s better not to restrain your feelings, but to understand and find a way to deal with them.
– Thank you. I will take note.
– Yeah. And since you have taken the lecture on love by Sudou-sensei, pay four thousand yen.
– Isn’t it expensive for such a short lecture ?!
We started talking as usual.
– … Where? Cheaper than any kindergarten!
– … Why did you put the preparatory school as an example? What do you have here, a popular lecturer ?!
… Something I felt miserable.
Sudou thinks about us seriously and gives advice.
And I continue to play a role in front of her and lie about myself.
This has been going on for a long time and it has become a common thing … And yet it is not fair.
This is serious, isn’t it?
– … What another! It is necessary to shoot advertising with such a beauty!
– … This advertisement will become a problem! So everything will turn into some kind of variety show!
… Maybe enough already?
Maybe we should stop… To portray someone in front of her?
I thought … If I show Sudou who I am, it’s unlikely that our relationship will change.
If you take a step forward, maybe what will happen? ..
– That’s right, that’s why we need to monetize the process as soon as possible, and I’ll start with you. Right now …
– … Hey Sudou.
Here our conversation was interrupted.
– … M? What?
I don’t know what I looked like, but Sudou bowed her head without a hint of dislike.
The eyes of a small animal were staring at me.
Cheerful face just as ordered.
… It’s okay.
So I thought again.
I’m already used to this …
That is why I was carefully going to speak …
… And then.
– … M!
Anxiety … Covered me all over.
I definitely stood in a black hole.
Flashback … Bad memories .
No sounds came out of the mouth. I couldn’t move a single finger.
Sudou spoke at this point:
– … What are you doing, Yano?
She watched, puzzled, as I stood with my mouth open.
And then … The locker room curtain opened.
An embarrassed Akiha in a leather jacket, a dress with soft red flowers and black shoes leaned out.
– … Ah, great, great!
Although Sudou was still thinking of me, she rushed towards Akiha.
– It suits you very much! Great, you still look so grown up.Such things suit you very much.
And then I … Finally freed myself from petrification.
And looked at the girl leaning out of the fitting room uncertainly.
– That’s how …
– Yes, very cool! Straight adult.
– Adult … – she repeated like a child and looked at me uncertainly. – … Well, how?
And then …
There was a worried expression on his face that was not typical of Akiha.
– … Great, – I answered partially automatically.- Yes, it suits you …
I didn’t try to flatter, it was true.
Black and red literally emphasized her attractiveness, which she did not show.
I really like it … She really looks good.
I didn’t notice, but Sudou seems to have great taste.
– That’s how … I see, then I’ll buy … – with these words Akiha returned to the fitting room and closed the curtain.
– … Well, – Sudo came up to me again and smiled self-confidently. “You worry too much, Yano.Just be more confident in yourself!
– … Yes, exactly.
I missed the opportunity and artificially smiled at Sudou.
While shopping … Sudou and Shuji went to the toilet.
Akiha and I sat in the agreed place and waited for them.
– … Finally, a little calm, – with these words I exhaled heavily. – So I did not go shopping, it takes a lot of effort.
Not pretty so in relation to Sudou, but I am broken.
Also, regret and self-loathing did not come out of me for the fact that I had not made any progress.
– Here’s how. Forgive me for making you wear things …
– Nothing, don’t worry. Not so hard …
After going shopping, I somehow calmed down.
I’ll be sad, I’ll only give the rest of the trouble, so I had to become myself again.
Akiha bought a jacket, dress and shoes from that store.
And I tried on quite a lot of things.
The things are quite heavy, it was not easy for the girl to wear them all.
I glanced at Akiha… Yet she looks worse than usual.
Is everything okay with her? Maybe she is not well … And then I thought.
… Try to step forward.
Sudou said to be more confident.
I couldn’t show what I am … But at least I can try to get closer.
We must try to move forward so that the efforts of Sudou are not in vain.
I drank from the bottle, the cola is no longer so carbonated.
I sighed softly.
And then he spoke as calmly as possible.
– … Listen, – I said. – If anything … You can tell me.
– … What? She bowed her head wearily.
– Well … Maybe I’m just wrong, – I began and expressed the feelings that were sitting in my chest. – I sometimes worry about you. It seems to me that you are worried about what you cannot tell anyone. You keep anxiety and problems in yourself …
Sweat appeared on the palm of your hand.
The heart was beating rapidly.
And Akiha was silent and looked at me.
– You don’t show your feelings to others. Haruka is very open, your complete opposite. I’m not saying it’s bad … I’m just worried. Are you holding back for some reason?
Due to the stress that caused her multiple personality disorder, Akiha was now living with another personality.
The cause of stress is gone … And yet I am.
Worried about her secrecy, detachment and bags under her eyes.
– If I was not mistaken, and you yourself do not mind … – I squeezed a bag from the store with clothes.- I would like … For you to tell me.
… Akiha’s eyes opened wide.
Maybe it seemed to me, but that’s what I saw.
– I want you to rely on me …
And in a short moment.
– … If, – the girl’s voice was low. – I can’t say it … Why are you trying to help me? Why are you asking to rely?
… Because I love you.
The words got to my throat, but I swallowed them.
Until I could tell about my feelings.
There was a lack of courage and confidence, and the timing was not right.
Because I …
– … Because we’re friends.
… Used such a pitiful lie.
– If there is anything I can help, I would like to do it. For your sake … And Haruki too.
I once again appeared pathetic.
Tourists talked around and reported a lost child over the speakerphone.
And between all this slipped:
-… That’s how, ”Akiha said and smiled sadly. – As you said …
… There was some relief in the words.
Like … She knew in advance that I was going to say this.
And I still don’t understand what Akiha is thinking …
But her calm gaze was directed at me.
– … Someday I … Thought to tell you everything.
– Thank you. I’ll be waiting.
– Yes, and thank you.
… I still don’t understand what’s in her heart.
No matter how much I think, I can’t understand what’s on her mind.
And yet … Our relationship has moved a little forward.
If we got it right … My senses should have reached Akiha.
– … Yes, in ten minutes the shift, – said the girl, glancing at her watch.
– Already so much time …
… It was directly felt that this time was approaching.
I didn’t exactly check it, but there really were a few minutes left.
Although I was always there, for me this change seemed strange.
– Look after Haruka …
– Yes, leave everything to me.
… Here we are!
I nodded to Akiha, and then Shuji and Sudou returned.
– Yes, there is such a queue in the toilet! Sorry to wait.
… They must have been late on purpose.
And for that I was grateful to them.
– … And it’s true! For a long time you, we no longer knew what to talk about!
We smiled and stood up.
– Wow, that’s what he is !….
Before lunch, Haruka showed up, and at twelve-odd we had a snack.
When she said this, the girl was just examining the entertainment center.
– This is my first time here! .. Almost never been to the game centers! ..
The girl was very excited, and I understood.
Unlike Akiha, Haruka can say that she just got out somewhere …
… There were not only slot machines and photo booths, but also mini-cards, basketball, tennis and football grounds, and a whole baseball center.
Everyone loved to move and decided to come here today.
Sudou has played lacrosse since high school and Shuji has played basketball.
Akiha got on well with sports herself, so it was quite reasonable.
Well, so that I could get closer to Akiha, I still had to go somewhere else, I’m not so good friends with sports.
And there was … One more question.
– Ah, what can I do, I’m so nervous …
Sudou and Shuji went to the checkout.
And Haruka said that and cringed.
– Will I succeed … I hope I don’t screw up …
We had a big adventure today.
At school, the girl had already learned to behave like Akiha … But now there was a sport with which difficulties arose.
Due to her insecurity, she could not hit the ball, stumbled on the run and when she jumped, her legs twisted.
Because when it was Haruka’s turn, gym was hard.
But there is a limit to everything.
Because … She needs to gain confidence and get used to sports.
If she can practice like Akiha, her life will be easier.
She will be able to perfectly play the role of Akiha.
– … Huh? – Anxiously the girl looked at me.
And then …
W-really … Yano-kun … Are you mad?
– … Huh? Angry? I AM?
– A-yeah … Your face is … more terrible than usual.
– Sorry … I didn’t seem to think …
Rather, I’m in a good mood now.
Just got a little closer to Akiha.I was agitated, but I couldn’t find any reason to be angry.
– Do not worry, rather just tiredness due to the fact that I had to walk so much.
– … Got it.
Yet the girl’s gaze wandered.
And this … It gave me a strange anxiety.
The same was at her house. When she said she wants to become a whole person.
To become one, she approached Akiha.
The meaning of what she wants can be understood.
I empathized with her.
But … For some reason.
For some reason I felt some kind of discomfort.
“… Sorry, I seem to be worried too much,” Haruka smiled embarrassedly. “Actually, I had a fight with Akiha yesterday.
– … quarreled? You and Akiha?
– Yes. It’s been a long time since we quarreled so seriously, even too much …
… I haven’t heard.
In two hours with Akiha, she didn’t say a word.
I had no idea.
Compliant Haruka and tikaya Akiha quarreled …
What could be the reason?
No, much more important …
– … Can two persons quarrel?
– Yes. Just not like ordinary people …
– And how?
– There are different ways, but we just wrote everything to each other in a notebook …
– … It takes a lot of time.
Quarrel with an answer at two o’clock …
You wait for two hours and cannot calm down.
– Well, yeah … Foah … – nodding, Haruka covered her mouth and yawned. – That’s why we didn’t get enough sleep yesterday …
– … Really?
Here’s how. That is why she did not look very well in the morning …
– Yes, but already everything is in order. It’s not so hard for me … Besides, the reason was a mere trifle, so don’t worry …
– … Okay.
But even though I said so, I’m curious.
Akiha deliberately avoided the topic of the quarrel.
So about this reason… She couldn’t just go and tell me.
… But what is more important.
– … Great! Bought! Basketball first!
– … Thank you. Come on.
The expression on Haruka’s face immediately changed.
Now … She was going to have fun.
For her to do well, I will support her.
Inside there were high school students like us and a group of students. We are all mixed among families.
Making our way between them, we found a free basketball court.
We decided to play two on two.
We split up … Team Sudo-Shuji vs. Team Yano-Minase.
If you look at the difference in strength, it is not very fair, but they thought of me first of all.
And yet … The game was one-sided.
– Akiha! Let’s!
– Yes … Oh, I’m sorry!
My pass … The girl missed at the very ring.
Why is Haruka making all these small mistakes?
I wanted to make her life easier.
I told her to wait at the ring and tossed the ball there.
Decided to leave her the jump and throw.
But … She was too nervous.
She played well, but now uncertainty flickered in her eyes.
– Huh ?! What are you doing, Akiha ?! In physical education you move much better!
– … Can we reform the teams?
This made the sports fans uncomfortable.
– Exactly! Everyone except Shuji vs. Shuji! He’s tall, he can handle it!
– A-ha-ha, I don’t mind.
– Y-yes? Okay then …
So we started playing three of us against an experienced basketball player.
I thought this time the match would work out well.
Still, one against three will not be easy for him.
We scored points, smiled and sweated.
Me and Sudo complemented each other perfectly and had time to sing.
And Haruka … She looked like she was having fun.
But when she made mistakes, she always began to worry.
– Hmm, not very successful…
It’s been an hour since we came here.
To calm down, we went to the batting center.
Haruka is completely down at this point.
– Something I already completely … Can’t be wrong anymore …
I heard Shuji and Sudo hitting balls on the next court.
So they won’t hear what we are talking about.
With the bat, Haruka stood on the court.
Simple feeds were flying out of the mechanism.
But no matter how the girl waved … She couldn’t get in.
– Ooh, what to do … – ready to burst into tears, she wilted.
… But she’s doing better than she was ten minutes ago.
She was generally afraid of the ball and could not stand on the court.
They coped with it, but the girl could not buy the time to hit. It remains only to seize the moment.
In general, she is great, since she was able to advance in such a time.
And something had to be done.
– If it doesn’t work out here, then even more so in physical education…
After the depressing words, she became even darker.
I stood in the next box thinking.
How to give her confidence?
Help to relax and use your strength? ..
And then … I noticed.
“… By the way,” I looked at Haruka, who was fiddling with the bat. – Come to think of it … If you can’t play baseball, it’s not scary.
– … Huh? Why?
– Once at lunch they talked. Sudou likes professional baseball, she asked Akiha about her favorite team, and she replied that baseball does not watch at all and does not get along with the ball at all.
– … Really? She really says that about baseball …
– Well, yes. She has nothing against other ball games, but baseball seems to be special. Beat with a stick, run … All this she does not succeed.
– Wow … That’s how it is.
– So there is no need to try hard. Consider this as an opportunity to take a break. You’re tired.
– Well, yes … – Haruka sighed.
– Then I will not strain too much … – nodding, I also began to beat half-heartedly.
Turned on the feeding machine and missed a few hits … And he himself was watching Haruka.
She missed the first, second, third goal.
And here’s the fourth …
… And for the first time I hit the ball, and it suddenly bounced.
– Are you okay? Did you get it in your face?
– Yes, everything is fine. But did you see ?! I got!
– Yes, that’s right.
She smiled happily, and I … I continued to beat.
… Haruka is growing incredibly fast.
The number of hits is growing.
The ball flies farther and farther.
And now …
– Oh, I got it! Yano-kun! I got to the second base!
In less than fifteen minutes she was hitting far enough.
– Wow … Cool.
Actually it turned out even better than I imagined.
I thought it would work … But not that much.
She’s already better than me.
It will be perfect to hit right now.
– … Hey, Haruka? – I turned to the girl who pointed to second base with a smile. – Well, how? Got a little more confident?
– Yes! It’s so great to understand that even I can beat it off!
– Okay … And I have to apologize …
– When I said Akiha was bad at baseball … I lied.
– … Huh? Really?
Haruka looked at the bat in her hand.
– Yes. I’ve never heard Akiha talk about this.I think she’s a pretty good baseball player too. But I thought. Maybe you’re not doing it because the bar is too high. And if you drop it and just try … Suddenly you can show everything that you are capable of.
This is what they do in novels, films and manga.
… An ingenious composer and a serious bandmaster.
… A talented older and incompetent younger brother.
… Legendary hero and ordinary magician relatives.
In front of a serious obstacle, it is difficult for everyone to cope with themselves.
Envy, desire to go astray, loss of confidence.
Even if the person has outstanding abilities.
This also applies to Haruka.
Akiha is good at everything, and she became a serious obstacle for Haruka, who is nearby.
So … We just need to drop it for a while.
If you lie and not let me think about it … Haruka can show his strength.
– … And the truth, – having said, the girl looked at her palm. – Maybe I have the truth… Will work.
– Here’s how. So try to beat it off. You’re already at Akiha’s level, so just do it.
– Yes … I will.
The girl returned to the box and pressed a button on the ball machine.
The first two misses.
But now … She regained her concentration.
Then there was a sharp liner, then the ball flew to the left.
And then … I left for the third base.
And then …
– … Wha, Akiha, cool! – Sudou’s voice was heard from the corridor.
She and Shuji have already finished, returned the helmets and bats, and went to check on how we are doing.
– Akiha beat it off!
– So I hit with such thin hands …
They were really impressed.
And Haruka started throwing sidelong glances.
… So what now?
The hardest part is just beginning.
In front of me, Haruka coped with uncertainty.
Now … What will happen to the classmates?
Will she be able to fight back in front of Sudou and Shuji ?….
First ball … The bat missed him.
Second ball … She timing was wrong for the swing.
Strike. Second strike.
And here’s the third ball.
Haruka looked at me, smiled … and waved just in time.
… A beat sounded.
The ball flew straight.
– Wha, cool!
– Exactly! I beat it off!
… The ball flew to third base.
“… Hurray, hit,” Turning around, Haruka showed me a clenched fist.- Although I was nervous about others watching …
Having gathered again, we played other games.
Haruka played football and rode mini motorcycles.
Somewhere in the process, Akiha reappeared … But the guys didn’t notice anything strange.
Haruka has screwed up a lot in sports.
At first I stumbled and made mistakes.
But as soon as she became more confident, the girl became much better.
I’m sure now she …
There will be nothing to be afraid of in physical education.
Even though she will be wrong at first, she will find a way to overcome it.
Therefore, her goal is to get closer to Akiha … Achieved.
– … Always wanted to ride!
We were sitting in a booth.
Haruka spoke as she watched Tokyo through the glass.
– Wah, I haven’t ridden the Ferris wheel for a long time … So exciting …
The girl looked at the lights below.
It was already evening outside the window, the sky in the west turned orange, and in the east dark blue, and the clouds were taking on complex shapes.
We left the game center at six in the evening.
Just as the sun was setting.
We spent almost six hours here and everyone is tired.
Getting ready to return before dinner, we decided to take a final ride and now we found ourselves on the Ferris wheel.
“… I’m sorry I’m not Akiha,” Haruka began to tell me. – Such a romantic atmosphere, and here I am…
– What are you talking about?
She looked so guilty and I smiled.
– You are my friend. And today it was a lot of fun …
– I had fun too … Th-that! – She turned to me and sat up straight. – Thank you for today. Thanks to you, I understood how to be more confident in myself. Now … I’ll be fine.
– That’s how … That’s good.
– You know, I am very, very grateful to you, – squeezing her hands, for some reason she said this. – I was able to have fun with my first friend, it was the first time I had so much fun… Besides, I was able to dispel my worries … I don’t even know how to thank you …
– Okay. Just help me with Akiha …
– … Is that really enough for you?
– Yes. We are comrades. Both want to be complete.
– … Comrades …
After these words, the arose Haruka sat down.
– … This, I was interested all the time.
– Are you playing a role because you don’t love yourself? Is that why you look after me?
– Well, yes.
“But I …” Haruka raised her head and looked at me seriously. “I don’t think it’s bad for you to play a role.” Unlike a multiple personality disorder, you do it to make others happier. Thanks to your support, Sudo-san, Shuji-kun and others in the class seem more fun …
“… I don’t even know.” I sighed and scratched my head. “I don’t think so myself. I lie and act wrong …
– Well, yes … Even though you think so, but you continue to play … And this, – then she fell silent and then continued uncertainly.- … Is there a reason?
– … The reason?
– The reason why you continue, even though you don’t like it … – Anxiety appeared on the girl’s face. – A! Forgive me for asking such strange things! If you don’t want to, don’t answer!
– No, nothing … Just …
I really felt guilty about playing the part all the time.
Even though I hate it, why am I continuing?
– Well, I have an idea in this regard…
– … May I hear?
– Yes, of course.
And I started to tell Haruka about my time in middle school, something that I hadn’t told anyone about.
– At first I didn’t even realize that someone was playing someone.
– Uh-huh …
– The one who is bullied is the one who is bullied. Indifferent, delivery. Sadist, masochist. Otaku, Yankees … In the first grade of high school, these guys began to appear … Although the characters of people cannot be easily divided and placed on a scale.I myself do not understand why I began to hang such labels on myself and others.
I understood that the actors are acting on TV.
For the sake of the role, they laughed and did whatever was required.
The characters in the stories are the same.
Understanding the relationship makes it easier to act.
But … We are not actors or characters in works.
But for some reason I had to play a role.
Haruka listened to me with serious wine.
– I really didn’t understand anything… But he began to reduce for himself what is possible and what is not. That those who bully can afford with their victims. Those who were bullied seemed strange. They were angry, but could not complain. And the fools just talked all sorts of nonsense … I did not understand all this. I just thought it had to be that way.
It seemed strange to me then.
Then I still could not express my feelings normally.
And yet … No, that’s why. I developed a rejection for it.
– Because… Once I said. I asked the “sadist” why he was saying all this to the “victim of bullying”. Because he plays his part, you can’t hurt and say such words. Yet among those who were bullied were not those who liked it.
“W-what happened? ..” Haruka asked holding her breath and clenching her fists. – Really … you got into a fight?
– Yes, there was no special reaction. The sadist told me all sorts of things and everything seemed to be over.
The memories weren’t vivid, so nothing serious happened for sure.
My words only slightly disturbed the calm water surface.
– However …
– … However?
– Everyone has become less friendly. Nobody said it on the forehead … But they moved away.
This I remember much better.
I really don’t know what exactly has changed.
But looks and words have become less friendly.
My friends have moved away from me.
The classroom atmosphere is cooler.
– … This sadist asked everyone in the class to behave like that?
– Hardly.Rather, they did it themselves. If he had said, there would surely have been those who refused. They didn’t treat me badly, they just removed me from their circle.
– Here’s how …
I darkened, and Haruka sighed.
– And it happens …
– Now I understand it, but then … It was a shock.
I tried to say it easily, but the feeling was on my face.
And the girl who was worried about me looked me in the face.
– … Those with whom I laughed together looked at me like a stranger.Those who were around just started to ignore. It’s hard. My thoughts did not reach them. It was more important for them to read the atmosphere, I understood that … But how unpleasant it was.
Haruka’s face twisted as she bit her lip.
The girl looked at me with wet eyes.
– In high school, I decided to play a role … So it will definitely work out to mend the relationship. And friends will smile, and the conversation will go well, yeah. It will be better this way.
The main achievement is that I have made friends – Sudo and Shuji.
I’m not really the type to make such popular friends.
And I can spend time with them because I play roles.
What I do, others can accept.
Plus … I’m not hurting anyone.
This is the optimal solution that I have chosen for myself …
– … And yet.
Leaning my head against the glass, I looked at the lights of Tokyo.
– I never stopped thinking: “Is this right?” Dislike for myself for the image I created did not disappear.I wanted to become complete and stop acting … ”As I said that, I looked at Haruka.
Ready to cry, she looked at me.
– … That’s why I wanted to support you when I saw you.
– Yeah …
– I wanted a girl like you to be happy. I wanted your wish to come true.
– … Here’s how.
After listening, Haruka sighed as if after a hearty meal.
– Because it happened to you… You …
– Yes …
– I see, yes, thanks … I’m glad you told me this. Thank you …
– Thank you for listening.
… We were silent for a while.
You could only hear music from somewhere below.
And the sound of the wind enveloped the booth, but I continued to look out the window.
The joy of having told a dear friend what was in his heart. Surely this did not change her attitude towards me. Such a joyful understanding.
Maybe this is called a “real friend”.
I told what was in my heart. And she accepted it.
In that case, Haruka is my first true friend …
I was happy and intoxicated to have such a person next to me.
– … Hey.
The booth was almost at the very top.
And I didn’t understand the meaning of her words …
– … Let’s kiss.
-… A? – after a long pause, I gave only this.
– … Oh, p-I’m sorry! Not in this sense! Realizing what she said, Haruka panicked. – … This, I understand that this is not very good! .. But my body is the body of Akiha! I’m sorry it’s me, and I won’t tell Akiha … It’s just that I can only do this …
– … No, I’m not in that sense! It’s just that you so suddenly suggested that … Do it …
She clenched her hands again and spoke firmly.
– I want you to be happy!
– Yes …
Nodding, Haruka looked at me resolutely.
– All your worries are filled with kindness. Because you are, you helped me. Because as a friend … I want you to be happy. I want you to have a lot of good things …
– … Thank you.
“I thought I could do … Of course, support you and Akiha, but something else …” As she spoke, she turned to the window. – My body is the body of Akiha … So I thought that I could…
The girl looked at me again.
And … She said more decisively.
– Because … Let’s kiss.
Haruka closed her eyes and extended her head.
The cheeks turned pink.
Her thin body definitely lost strength when she was ready to accept me.
… Distant Tokyo lights illuminated Haruka’s face.
A neat face that looked younger than Akiha’s.
Moisturizing lipstick made her thin lips sparkle… And under our feet we had a whole galaxy of stars.
… From such a sight, the heart beat like that of a madly galloping horse.
It should be cool in the evening, but the whole body is covered with sweat.
… This is the first time a girl said this to me.
Before that, I liked girls, and I wanted to confess.
But I never got to the point, and they never approached me with that.
Because … This was my first such proposal.
Also so cute.
Haruka’s body was the same as my beloved Akiha.
And even if I ignore it, Minase Haruka was still a very nice girl.
Of course I was not interested in this, because we are friends.
Modest character, kind heart and good looks.
And her proposal was so tempting that I wanted to surrender to instincts.
– … No, this is … Wrong, – restraining my desires, I replied.
Haruka opened her eyes.
– This, yes … I am pleased that you think so … I am very grateful. Just probably … We’ve got to do it right. Otherwise … It’s somehow unfair …
– … W-well, yes! Sorry!
Coming to her senses, she waved her hands, offering to pretend that nothing had happened. Her face was incredibly red.
– I clearly said too much, yeah, it’s still not worth it … This is wrong in relation to Akiha.
– Y-yes … This is wrong in relation to her, yet with an unloved guy… This should be approached more carefully …
– … Yes, exactly, – for some reason she stammered. – I agree … But.
– I … Don’t mind doing this.
… I couldn’t answer.
I could interpret her words strangely.
Accept her feelings in your own way.
Haruka is my dear friend.
I didn’t want to misunderstand her feelings and interpret her in my own way.
– … Sorry, nothing. Forget it, ”she said and looked out the window.
– Yes … That’s it.
– … Indeed.
We were already descending, and now we were not far from the exit.
The girl closed her eyes sadly.
– … Soon it’s time to change with Akiha.
– Yes …
The time was really approaching.
We spent the whole day together, because I was with one, then with the other.
– … It was fun. Very … Fun, ”Haruka said.
This was the end of her “exit”.
Her special joyful day will end in a couple of minutes.
As soon as you thought about it, it became sad.
– … Let’s go again, – I said embarrassedly. – And next year, and after graduation, and when we become adults … Let’s go all together.
When I said, she closed her eyes.
– … Yes.
A smile appeared on her face.
– It would be nice.
Her face … For some reason, it became a little sad.
Maybe it’s because the next thing she sees is the house.
– Okay, bye.
– … Yeah.
Haruka lowered her head.
And then after a few seconds … Akiha raised her head and looked around.
“… Ferris wheel,” she said with a sigh. – Eh. Would have appeared a little earlier, could have admired the views … It’s a pity.
– Yes, nothing can be done about it …
Then Akiha got up from her place … And she definitely noticed something.
– … What?
– … Nothing.
After my words, she sighed again and looked out the window.
– … Come back tonight! And to such a beauty as Akiha! You can’t let her go alone! Sudou said, and I went with Akiha.
A narrow street that led to a residential area.
From the houses came the piano playing and the voices of people.
It seems … That I should have some kind of the same life.
We walked through the evening city past houses and windows in them, and it became unbearable in our chest.
The life of people that I may never touch.
An evening of people, which I will never know.
Perhaps I felt these emotions because Akiha was around?
Because I love her?
We walked along the river, and I kept looking at it.
An hour ago these lips told me “let’s kiss” …
I couldn’t forget about it.
What would have happened if we had kissed then? ..
And what would it have been? ..
– … If possible, kiss! Straight into the hickey! – so she told me before returning Sudo, and I could not calm down.
Her instinct for saying things like that at the right moment is quite impressive …
“… Thanks for today,” Akiha dropped. “She was glad too. It’s still great that it’s you. For her, you became the first dear person.
– That’s how, I’m glad …
– Then everything should be fine too. She will be able to skillfully portray me. She will be able to live without anyone noticing her.
– … Well, yes.
… I nodded.
And a bad feeling appeared in my chest again.
Something is wrong.
It seems that everything is correct, but the feeling is as if you have wandered into an unfamiliar area.
And then we found ourselves in front of Minase’s house.
– … Hey.
The girl turned her back to the house and looked at me resolutely.
– What have you … Was with Haruka?
– … Huh?
… I am late with an answer.
I do not understand the essence of the question at all.
– Yano-kun … Did you have something with Haruka?
… What is it about?
Why did I ask so suddenly? ..
I don’t understand, I don’t understand what Akiha is talking about … But I remembered Haruka’s face, and my heart beat faster.
And Akiha looked me in the eye.
– For example … On the Ferris wheel.
… I just jerked.
– You were alone there.
– Well yeah …
– All this time?
– … Right.
Guilt enveloped me as if I had done something wrong.
And her black eyes.
Bottomless eyes, as if seeing through everything, looked at me …
– … Did you kiss?
… I didn’t know how to behave.
Akihi couldn’t be there.
No one else could find out about Haruka’s words except us.
Sudou and Shuji could not hear our conversation. And they didn’t show that they saw something.
But then … How could she understand?
I felt my heart beating madly.
I … Couldn’t answer normally.
– … That’s how, – she read something on my face.
Akiha … Grimaced … As if she was in pain.
Tears appeared in her boundless eyes.
They ran down my cheeks. She grabbed the edges of her clothes with her hands.
I was amazed by this sight, and she.
To me, frozen in front of her naked feelings …
– … I’m sorry, – she confessed her own guilt. – I spoiled it all.
90,000 Do people really use it? 15 strange names for the Linux operating system
When you see the capitalized word Windows, don’t you even think about the glass panels that allow you to see the outside of your house? How often does “mac” in macOS make you think about hamburgers? Once a name becomes popular enough, we collectively ignore its weirdness.
Linux isn’t very popular so it doesn’t get that. For those of you unfamiliar with an open source operating system, you are not installing Linux itself – you are installing one of its many versions called distributions.
(“distributions”). Many of these distributions have strange names.
I have compiled a list of 15 distributions with odd or funny names, in no particular order. Some of them are relatively popular in the Linux world.Others, even if they were mainstream, would still sound downright stupid. Tell me if you agree.
Is Gentoo the mega-evolution of Mewtwo? Is this the second generation of the game console? Maybe it’s Play-Doh! Okay, maybe not, but if you’ve seen the logo of this Linux distribution, then the latter doesn’t seem too far off.
So how did Gentoo get its name? It turns out that Gentoo’s penguin species are the fastest swimmers.Considering that the Linux mascot is Tux
, the name speaks to how the Gentoo developers view the competition.
2. Puppy Linux
No, Puppy Linux is not an operating system for young dogs. Instead, it is one of the lightest Linux distributions you can install on your PC.
, This makes Puppy Linux a great option for older hardware. It might not sound as adorable as watching a dog use a computer, but at least the logo looks cute.
This is getting better. Puppy Linux is built using a tool called Woof. The variants of Puppy Linux that you can make with Woof are called puppets. Why aren’t they called puppies? Because every major Puppy Linux release is known as Puppy, with the current version being 6.
Ubuntu is the most famous Linux distribution among PC users
But how do you say the name? Ooo-bun too? Are you a bun too?
Ubuntu’s philosophy comes from southern Africa, so why not let a prominent South African teach us how to say it?
Why did the Ubuntu project get its name from the South African concept? Because the founder, Mark Shuttleworth, is from this part of the world.
Combine two verbs and you get CrunchBang. The creator of the distribution stopped working on this project, but this only led to the fact that the community created other distributions with no less unusual names. The two most popular are BunsenLabs and CrunchBang ++.
How is your computer experience to taste fresh and minty? Peppermint Linux doesn’t do this. This gives you an interesting combination of LXDE and XFCE.This mixture comes with a stylish theme on top of Ubuntu’s stable long-term support.
The inspiration for the name comes from Linux Mint. The Peppermint developers wanted to use this distro’s utilities along with a desktop environment that was less demanding. The team felt it was a spicy combination – like mint!
Yes, one of the most famous Linux distributions is named after a hat. It turns out there are two of them. Fedora is an open source project that Red Hat uses to build Red Hat Enterprise Linux.Red Hat is worth over $ 2 billion, so people are fine with operating systems you can’t afford
You never know how Red Hat got its name. Ok, maybe you could. One of the founders in college wore his grandfather’s red Cornell Lacrosse hat. If you don’t like your favorite hat to name your project after, you may not like it.
Manjaro sounds like a villain in a 50s western movie.The actual goal of the project is to provide a way to use Arch that welcomes newbies. So Manjaro, not a villain, is actually pretty good.
Manjaro’s inspiration comes from the mountain. You know, Mount Kilimanjaro. It is not joke.
Debian is one of the oldest and largest Linux projects. It underlies many others on this list, including Ubuntu.
The name sounds like a molecule or an advanced alien species.Instead, it comes from the combination of the founder’s name (Ian) with his then girlfriend (Debra).
Tails has been following Sonic’s back since Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Tails, a Linux distribution, has nothing to do with Sega’s two-tailed fox. But he’s really watching you.
Tails, or Amnesic Incognito Live System, targets the more security-conscious or paranoid computer users among us. If the ability to browse the Internet anonymously is a matter of life or death for you, start here
Parrot is no ordinary Linux distribution. It is a penetration testing tool. Not sure what that means? Imagine what a parrot does when your finger is too close. Except for the network.
SUSE is one of the oldest commercial Linux distributions. openSUSE is an open source distribution and community that has been around since then. The mascot is a chameleon, but that’s not what SUSE is. The name of the German acronym, Software und System-Entwicklung (software and systems engineering), is pronounced like two syllables.
You might think you have finally found the perfect distribution for determining which cattle keep roaming too close to your electric fence and which areas of your property are not enough water. You would be wrong. RancherOS is an operating system small enough to run inside a Docker container.
RancherOS is a product of Rancher Labs.The company also makes Rancher, a standalone tool for managing Docker containers.
I would swear that Sabayon was one of those guys who helped Goku defeat Freeza. This is a Linux distribution. Like a few others on this list, Sabayon takes an existing project and makes it easy to use. In this case, this distribution is also on this list. This is Gentoo.
The name disto comes from the Italian dessert zabaione – or, as the French call it, sabayon.
Antergos is a Linux distribution best known for being an easy way to install Arch Linux
. While it is not uncommon in the Linux world to create a name by stringing words and sounds together (see Debian), this is not what happens this time. Antergos is a Galician word meaning “to link the past with the present.”
PCLinuxOS is not hard to pronounce. There is no confusion about what this means. When you visit the site, you know exactly what you are getting.What is the problem? Perhaps there is such a thing as being too literal. I do not know. Maybe it’s just me.
Which distributions would you add?
There are hundreds of Linux distributions. Since the vast majority of them swim in relative obscurity, and many of them are created for the personal entertainment of people, you can bet that a significant number of them have funny-sounding names. Thus, this list by no means stops.
Which distributions have names that make you laugh or scratch your head? Skip down to the comments below and let’s continue this list!
Image Credit: pathdoc via Shutterstock
Buick LaCrosse: Typical American – Auto
Buick traditionally relies on large and comfortable road cruisers. This policy has not changed over the past 50 years. While the lineup now includes both compact C-class models and SUVs, large sedans remain important to Buick.So, production of a new flagship, the third generation LaCrosse, has recently begun.
Buick LaCrosse is built on the all-new front-wheel drive Epsilon II platform, which is also used by the Cadillac XT5 and on which the new Opel Insignia will be built. With a length of 5017 mm, the sedan is only slightly longer than its predecessor, but its wheelbase immediately added 70 mm and reached 2905 mm. In addition, the LaCrosse is 40 mm lower at 1460 mm. And the weight was immediately reduced by 135 kg – up to 1630 kg in the initial version.
The car has also been transformed in appearance: now elegant, flowing forms dominate the design. LaCrosse has a graceful arch-shaped roof and curved stamped lines on the sidewalls. The signature wide, waterfall-like grille is more subdued. The arrow-shaped headlights are complemented by LED running lights. The traditional Buick feature is also retained – three air vents in the front fenders. In the more expensive versions, the door handles, window frames and sill moldings are decorated with chrome.Light alloy 18-inch wheels are standard, and 20-inch wheels are offered for a surcharge. The extended rear fenders are accentuated by the L-shaped headlamps, and the spoiler is integrated into the boot lid. The tailpipes are integrated into the bumper.
Already in the basic version, the interior is decorated with leather, and as an option, inserts made of natural wood are offered. The front panel is enveloping. The four-spoke steering wheel is slightly smaller in diameter than its predecessor. On the dashboard, analog dials are combined with a liquid crystal display, on which the readings of the speedometer and on-board computer are displayed.The data can also be projected onto the windshield.
The Buick LaCrosse center panel is tilted with an 8.0-inch IntelliLink touchscreen display on top. Thanks to him, the number of switches for the audio system and climate control units is significantly reduced. The transmission selector received electronic control, which made its mechanism more compact and freed up a niche under it for small luggage. True, the gear shifting algorithm is a bit strange. To engage reverse gear, the lever must be moved to the right, and the Parking mode is activated by a separate button.
The steering column is adjustable for height and reach, while the LaCrosse front seats are electrically adjustable as standard. They are wider and more comfortable than the previous generation model. Although lateral support is still not very pronounced. Thin roof pillars have improved visibility. On the central tunnel there is an armrest, inside of which there is a box for small luggage and a wireless charger for mobile phones.
In the second row, legroom is increased and very generous, even by E-Class standards.But the headroom is somewhat reduced and not too large. But the cabin is wide enough to accommodate three adult passengers. Trunk volume increased to 425 liters.
Base Buick LaCrosse received power accessories, dual-zone climate control, rear view camera, audio system, Wi-Fi, cruise control. Installed at once 10 airbags, stabilization and tire pressure monitoring systems are also provided. The most expensive Premium version adds a keyless entry system, heating, ventilation and massage function of the front seats, electric adjustment and heating of the steering wheel, automatic deceleration and lane keeping technologies.The list of options includes park assist, automatic braking and a more powerful Bose audio system.
The only engine available for LaCrosse is a 3.6-liter direct injection V6 petrol engine. This is a new generation engine that has become noticeably more powerful – 310 hp. with. at 6800 rpm. It is high-revving, but gaining momentum quickly. However, the maximum torque of 382 N ∙ m is only reached at 5200 rpm, that is, there is not much traction at the “bottom” and the V6 has to be spun frequently.However, it is quiet and very smooth, and the gears in the 8-speed “automatic” switch almost imperceptibly. Acceleration to 100 km / h takes 6.5 seconds, and the maximum speed is limited to 233 km / h. The cylinder cut-off system made the sedan much more economical – 11.2 l / 100 km in the urban cycle and 7.6 l / 100 km in the suburban cycle. But the hybrid modification is not yet foreseen due to the low demand for it from the previous generation LaCrosse.
Sedan is available with both front-wheel drive and plug-in all-wheel drive.In the latter case, not only is the grip better, but also the lack of agility is less pronounced thanks to the traction vectoring system. Of course, Buick is focused on comfort, that is, it remains a typical “American”. Its suspension is very soft, so most road irregularities are absorbed imperceptibly. True, body rolls are also expressed. The interior is very quiet thanks to laminated glass and active noise cancellation. The electric power steering wheel can be rotated with a few fingers and is not very informative.At a sharp start, parasitic power steering is noticeable – the car yawns due to an excess of torque on the front axle. However, this can be corrected with the optional HiPer Strut technology – front suspension steering knuckles. The HiPer Strut also comes with adaptive dampers and 20-inch low-profile tires. This LaCrosse feels more confident on twisty roads without sacrificing comfort.
Buick LaCrosse has already started selling in the US. There the sedan costs from 33 thousand.dollars.
HC Avangard | News | S. Shumakov: with Zernov we now do not spill water at all
A candid interview with striker Sergei Shumakov.
– In “Vanguard” your game went from the start, everything worked out. Why? Did you miss Russia? Is that stress gone?
– I missed you, and you can already talk with someone, and you feel different when they trust you. Arrived – in the majority immediately put.When you feel that you are needed, you want to do as much as possible for the team.
– Last season, everything coincided with you. And in the playoffs, you were a monolith. It wasn’t even interesting until the final. And with CSKA it seems they should have been hammered. And now other people have come.
– We had both silent and dissatisfied. But everything worked out for us. And it still depends more on the coaching staff what the team will be like in the end. If coaches pay attention to the team being a team, it turns out that way.So that, say, at lunch we don’t sit like this: at one table there are 10 people, at the other – 2. It does not happen that newcomers sit separately, and who was in the club – separately. Even now everything is family-like with us. Everyone communicates with each other.
– Do these lectures of “Vanguard” (trainings within the framework of the program “Game Intelligence” – Approx. “SE”) teach you something? It’s not about financial literacy, you already know how to lose money. About relations with the press, for example.
– In principle, yes.You can always learn how to behave. It happens that I answer some questions stiffly. It depends, however, on the journalist. If you know him, you still feel more overwhelmed. But this does not mean that there are such journalists whom I do not like. It also happens that they want to talk to you after the game in which you have adjusted. Naturally, you don’t want to say anything. Vaughn – at the Eurotour I have this year as it was: I threw from the middle zone into the empty net. As a result, a goal in ours.
– Why are you so?
– Yes, I am by accident.She jumped back to me. I wanted to throw the puck somewhere in the direction of the goal, so that the person would not pick it up right away and run away. It turned out strong. And then there was a goal. It happens.
– How did you leave?
– Yes, okay. Nobody put pressure on me.
– But you didn’t go to the World Cup.
– I didn’t expect it.
– Do you want to go to the World Cup?
– Why not?
– So after all, vacation.
– What about vacation? The guys from CSKA were collected only on July 30. You can have time to rest. At least once in your life you should definitely go to the World Championship.
– Even if you drive like the 14th striker?
– Naturally, I want to be in the lineup. Instead of sitting and waiting for your chance, everything would depend on the NHL. Sannikov and Lyubimov went. And they played well. At least once I would really like to go. Feel what it is.
– How do you treat Panarin’s interview ?
– I haven’t even read it.Seriously. I heard something that the interview was about politics. I saw the headlines. About the president like.
– Well, now you went to the Chelyabinsk region. Do you like how people live there?
– Of course not. What can I say. Even more so in the region. There is generally horror. The city is even more or less.
– Now it has become known about the radioactive release at the Mayak plant.
– They are doing something there, yes. I’ve heard that. At one time, we still had protests against construction.
– Why are you going to Chelyabinsk on vacation then?
– Yes, I go to my parents. See my friends. And it’s easier to train there. In Moscow, there is nowhere to skate and there is no one with anyone. And in Chelyabinsk, the coaches are now divorced. You take ice, a coach and train.
– And Zernov was met there.
– We are now not spillable at all. But he is now the captain’s assistant. He will not be able to shove him now, to say nothing. Authority.
– I wanted to ask everything: you have very cool cars.Why would you invest in them? You were told at the club at a lecture on financial literacy that you do not need to invest in cars.
– I only have two cars.
– But what!
– Is it bad when you have good cars?
– You are losing a lot of money, barely leaving the car dealership.
– I have to go. And my wife needs it. I love fast cars. To go fast.
– Do you drive around Russia?
– You don’t drive too much here.Cameras are everywhere. In Moscow, every hundred meters, one. Here in Chelyabinsk – it can be a little. But there are simply no roads.
– Why humiliate “Ak Bars” (meaning Shumakov’s lacrosse goal)?
– Nobody humiliated anyone. It happened.
– In the NHL, you would be hit. Or hands would be “chopped off”. And here the citizens of Kazan didn’t seem to understand what had happened.
– There as it was: people are standing, watching. Why not try to score like this?
– But not in the playoffs.
– What’s the difference, in the playoffs or not? A goal is a goal.
– It’s not even about you. The strangest thing is that “Ak Bars” did not react in any way. After that puck, everything became clear in the series.
– That puck probably broke the goalkeeper as well.
– Can you repeat Kucherov’s trick ?
– Have not tried it.
– A feint Datsyuk ?
– No. It seems to me that only Pavel will be able to repeat it.Feint Forsberg? Can.
– Ask Shirokov about the Kucher’s feint.
– He can – I saw.
– Shirokov Kucherov and taught. What else would you like to learn?
– Throw harder and more accurately. I have feints. But they take place once a season. And then – it’s good if once a season. On the field, you can’t just think of a feint. It all depends on the situation, right? I can’t roll to the gate knowing what I’m going to do.
– There are a lot of people in the KHL who do this.
– Haha. May be. But if you shoot a bullet, you have to focus on what the goalkeeper is doing. I agree, there are guys who immediately know what they will do. They don’t care how the goalkeeper acts. What matters is what they do.
– Now the KHL is reducing the area. Will you be comfortable on them?
– Probably. Maybe the majority will be better. On small ones, you can even throw from the side. And the blue line is far away now.
– And in equal compositions?
– Of course – you will have to run less.Everything is faster.
– You don’t have any crosses in the preseason right now. And a bunch of weekends. What do you think about it?
– In this regard, everything is correct. They give a load, but they also give a rest. It’s not like I had with some specialists in the same club.
– You’ve worked with a lot of people.
– Well, yes. Kvartalnov, Skabelka, Nikitin, Skudra … I hooked everyone. Therefore, I am now at times at a loss. Training in the morning, in the evening it seems like there should still be ice, but bang – they canceled.You think: “How so? This has never happened. I have never seen even such a thing.” In the “Vanguard” they give you a rest. And before it was like with me: you only endure.
– That’s interesting: all Russian coaches always have fears that hockey players will definitely get drunk on the weekend. And you had a lot of these days off. At the same time, Fisenko says that there were no problems with this. And that all the Russian hockey players in the “Vanguard” supposedly have changed their mentality. Everyone did not run to a nightclub, but were engaged in restoration.How did it come about?
– I can’t even explain, but it came. It’s just that everyone understands that if you want to achieve something, you need rest, and not wander around the clubs. No, sometimes relaxation is also needed. Ventilate your head a little. But you can go to the movies. Dine at the restaurant.
– In contrast to CSKA, all this was probably especially surprising. Although a lot has changed there now.
– Well, yes. And we still have “segments” in Avangard. You need to conditionally score 7 points in 5 matches, and they give you one more day off.You rest for two days – great. The guys from CSKA said that when there were pauses on the Eurotrip, they had one day off. And we have five! And the system works with this weekend. It’s not just that we reached the final.
– Is there anything you can do against CSKA in the final?
– You can, of course. You can play with any team.
– 0-4. And they may well take the Gagarin Cup next year.
– I’m not sure. We will try to prevent this from happening.
Occipital MUSCLES: … – Course massage CPRM Curve Rig
Occipital MUSCLES: TRIGGER POINTS, SYMPTOMS, CAUSES, TREATMENT
The occipital muscles are located just below the base of the skull. They consist of four small muscles on each side, going at different angles to each other and connecting the two upper vertebrae to the skull and to each other (Figure 4.19).
The trigger points in the occipital muscles create the sensation of pain arising inside the head and spreading from the occiput to the eye and to the frontal part of the head (Fig.4.20). The entire side of the head seems to be in pain, and the feeling is similar to a migraine. Treating these muscles should be part of any migraine treatment system.
Oddly enough, trigger points in the occipital muscles usually do not cause neck pain, but can play an important role in neck stiffness.
The three upper occipital muscles control movements such as nodding or shaking the head on each side, and these movements are influenced by trigger points.
The lower of the two oblique muscles of the head connects the two upper vertebrae, where the head turns mainly.Starting points in this small muscle restrict rotation and cause severe pain on the corresponding side of the neck when you try to turn it as far as you can. This special muscle is best worked with weighted fingers. The hand opposite to the massaging hand overlaps the latter, and thus both of your hands are on the same side of the neck behind it. The technique is the same as in Figure 4.4 7, although in this figure the fingers are behind the ear directly below the base of the skull.
The occipital muscles are often tired due to constant head movement or prolonged contraction that occurs under the influence of emotional stress.
This sometimes creates a physical connection between anxiety and a migraine.
Start points in the trapezius muscle create satellite points in the occipital muscles.
Of all the cervical muscles, the occipital muscles are located the deepest, but almost any massage device can reach them, because the upper muscles are relatively thin. You can use one of the small protrusions on the Tera Kane device (Fig. 4.21) or choose a Noble for this purpose and use it, holding it with both hands in a standing or lying position.
A very suitable tool is a tennis or lacrosse ball, which should be in the palm of your hand (fig. 4.22). Support your head with your other hand. This technique is designed for a prone position when the weight of the head is needed to increase the pressure of the arms.