It’s My Life . Body . Team Sports . Lacrosse
It’s My Life . Body . Team Sports . Lacrosse | PBS Kids GO!
Global Include is good.
GA_env is unset!
|Copyright © 2005 CastleWorks, Inc. All rights reserved.
NTS Chesapeake (Belcamp, MD) | Ballistic & Materials Testing Lab
NTS Chesapeake for the Best in Ballistic Resistant Material Impact Testing
Located in northeastern Maryland near Aberdeen Proving Ground, is our state-of-the-art, 60,000-square-foot laboratory. Our Belcamp lab — commonly referred to as NTS Chesapeake — is one of two NTS labs that specializes in providing ballistic experimentation and non-destructive testing services to support munitions and protection systems.
From our indoor ballistic ranges to our non-destructive testing lab, we offer the type of comprehensive firearm and protective body armor testing that leading manufacturers — including those that work as military suppliers — need in order to meet the strictest regulatory requirements of their business sectors. In addition, our sports equipment testing services help protect athletes across a wide range of high impact sporting endeavors.
Fully Accredited Ballistic Resistant Material Impact Testing
The NTS Chesapeake testing facility houses:
- Climate controlled, indoor ballistic ranges
- Forced entry testing suite
- Mechanical testing lab
- Environmental conditioning lab
- X-ray/computed tomography scanning lab
- Non-destructive testing lab
- Outdoor range for small and large caliber munitions and blast testing
This facility is accredited by NVLAP and A2LA to ISO 17025 and is approved by the National Institute of Justice to perform personal body armor testing to NIJ Standard 0101.06 Ballistic Resistance of Body Armor and NIJ Standard 0115.00 Stab Resistance of Personal Body Armor. The Chesapeake laboratory is also approved by the US Army Aberdeen Test Center to perform helmet, hard and soft armor testing.
Progressive XCT Scanning and Non Destructive Testing (NDT)
Client partners across a number of industries trust NTS Chesapeake lab for advanced digital x-ray and computed tomography imaging services. Our engineers and analysts are exceptionally trained, dedicated specialists in high energy, micro-focus applications; producing timely, accurate results on even the most complex projects. We also provide Gun Barrel Mapping of small caliber gun barrels and tube assemblies using a sophisticated laser-based system. This next-gen inspection method takes mere minutes, yet provides far more valuable data than older techniques.
Multi-Protocol, Multipurpose Ammunition and Firearms Testing
Our Chesapeake lab provides ammunition testing to SAAMI, FBI, NATO and other protocols, including customized test planning. Testing methods include pressure and velocity measurement, proof, cook-off, less-than-lethal, projection characterization, performance evaluations, corrosive primer and primer sensitivity, as well as a variety of environmental simulations.
Firearms testing is conducted to various test standards and test methods and includes accuracy and dispersion, rate-of-fire, barrel erosion and life, weapon endurance, trigger pull, recoil, shock transmittance and proof testing, along with Firearm Safety Device (FSD) testing for boxes and locks.
Helmet Impact Testing
From the helmets worn in football and ice hockey to the protective headgear employed in maritime security and other defense programs, we offer the most up-to-date facilities and in-house expertise to impact test a wide variety of helmets in order meet regulatory standards ranging from NCAA and ASTM to DOT and MIL-STD. Whether it is a helmet-to-helmet impact in football or a puck strike in ice hockey, we have the lab capabilities to verify the safety of the equipment we test.
NIJ Ballistic Testing and Stab Testing
As one of the most widely recognized and accepted personal body armor test standards, the National Institute of Justice — or NIJ — standards are commonly used by both military and police forces to help guide the evaluation and procurement of body armor and other protective personal gear. In line with these standards, we have a state-of-the-art stab testing machine, so our services meet the latest compliance and certification requirements.
In addition to our full-service NIJ ballistic and stab testing, we regularly serve on committees and working groups — providing our expertise in testing so that standards like those from NIJ are well-developed and maintained.
Maximum Accuracy and Consistency: Environmental Simulation Testing
Our on-site capabilities include temperature and humidity, aging, altitude, thermal shock, fungus, salt fog, vibration and materials and chemical analysis. These digitally controlled systems can maximize accuracy and repeatability. And each system can be tailored to meet a multitude of testing standards and regulations, including the requirements of various NIJ, DOD and MIL standards.
NOCSAE Sporting/Athletic Equipment Testing
For the most extensive and advanced testing of personal safety equipment used by contact sport athletes, NTS’ client partners turn to our Chesapeake team. Just a few of the sports we perform equipment testing for include football, baseball, softball, ice hockey, lacrosse, soccer, polo and equestrian activities.
From high-speed ball impacts in baseball and lacrosse to fall impacts in hockey and horse-riding, impacts can result in grave bodily injury. For this reason, it is key for well-manufactured sporting equipment to provide athletes with robust protection from the dangers of their respective sports. Sports Testing is offered to a number of standards, including NOCSAE, ASTM, DOT, ISO and more.
Ready to talk shop? Request a Quote today to discuss your next program.
Get Directions to NTS Chesapeake
New Lacrosse Goalie Chest Protector Rule in 2021
Last week I posted my review of the new Maverik Rome chest pad.
Rightfully so, many of you asked if this chest pad was approved for the new rule change passed by US Lacrosse.
What rule change you ask? Let’s back up.
Because unlike this rule change, the one I’m about to outline is very real.
US Lacrosse Approves Chest Protector Rule Change
Among the 2019 rule changes introduced by US lacrosse was a change meant to ensure that goalies were not using faulty chest protectors.
The rule changes will be included in the 2019 US Lacrosse Boys’ and Girls’ Field Lacrosse rulebooks.
The rule change was implemented to reduce the risk of a rare yet deadly injury called commotio cordis.
In layman’s terms, Commotio cordis, is a heart rhythm disruption caused by a blow to the chest, i.e. a shot, and causes the heart to stop beating resulting in sudden cardiac death if not immediately treated with AED device.
Before the goalie moms and dads freakout and ban their kid from playing goalie, understand that this is extremely rare – according to NOCSAE approximately 5-15 athletes (of all sports) die each year from commotio cordis.
Yet we should applaud US Lacrosse for making this rule change to ensure that it never happens to even 1 goalie.
The rule change was approved in 2019 but doesn’t go into effect until 2021 for US Lacrosse boys’ and girls’ youth field lacrosse which will allow lacrosse manufacturers to get the right approvals needed for their chest protectors.
Here is the exact line from the rulebook which will apply for both boys and girls:
*Note: Beginning in 2021, only a goalkeeper chest protector designed for lacrosse that incorporates the NOCSAE ND200 will be legal for play and shall contain an SEI certification mark.
Additionally, in boys lacrosse only, by 2022 all field players must have heart protection as well:
* Note: Beginning in 2022, field players must wear protectors for commotio cordis that meet the NOCSAE ND200 standard and contain an SEI certification mark
I think that means we’ll start to see shoulder pads that have the additional heart protection in the 2022 season.
Chest Protectors Meeting NOCSAE Standard
Many of the top chest protectors in the game already include the additional protective piece that meets the NOCSAE standard.
In fact, even the old STX chest protector I played with in my college days in 2003 had an additional plate over the heart that gave me this protection.
That said, all the lacrosse chest protector manufacturers will need to submit their products for testing in order to receive the SEI certification mark.
To check the list of approved chest protectors, you can go to this site: https://www.seinet.org/search.htm
Then select program = NOCSAE: Chest Protectors (Lacrosse) (ND200-17a).
At the time of this writing the only approved chest pad is the Warrior Nemesis:
Edit: Here are the list of now approved chest protectors as December 29, 2020. And the Warrior Nemesis is no longer on there??
You basically have just 5 chest protectors to choose from (top center Warrior Nemesis is now no longer approved):
Here they are:
I think all other manufacturers are still working to get their proper approvals before 2021.
Most modern chest pads – like the Maverik Rome I reviewed last week – contain the reinforced chest plate and protection that helps reduce the chance of commotio cordis however it is NOT on the list of approved chest pads.
Even the Warrior Nemesis Pro – the sequel to the Warrior Nemesis – isn’t on the list yet. But you can clearly see the additional protection over the heart that this chest pad provides.
Edit: This chest pad is now approved.
So I think for the majority the chest protectors available, it’s a question of getting the official certification, not a question of having to redo the entire chest protector’s design to help prevent the commotio cordis.
For example, there’s a company called Unequal which makes a goalie chest pad called the Hart. It’s specifically designed with reinforced heart protection and yet it is NOT on the list of approved chesties yet. Head scratcher. I reached out to Unequal to see what was going on but never heard back.
If your goalie is using a chest pad from circa 1990 then we may have a problem. But if they’re using a newer version, odds are they’ll be ok.
The thing that’s still unknown for me is exactly how referees will enforce this new rule.
Does the chest protector get an additional sticker if it appears on this approved list? Or does simply being on the list justify the chest pad’s legality?
During the 2021 USA LaxCon, PLL and top NCAA official Matt Palumb (also an outstanding goalie at Syracuse btw) said that it the responsibility of coaches and goalies to ensure they’re playing with legally certified gear.
Watched ref Matty Palumb on LaxCon conference. Danced around the answer a little – but basically said refs will not check goalies for certified NOCSAE chest protectors. That’s on the coach and goalie to make sure they’re using legal certified gear. #laxcon
— Coach Damon 🥍 (@laxgoalierat) January 15, 2021
So according to him, refs will not be lifting up jerseys to check for certified chesties. It’s on us as goalies, parents, and coaches.
When will remaining chest pads get approved? No clue. There’s a quite a few chest protectors for goalies and I imagine it takes a quite a while to finish official testing of each.
US lacrosse passed a new rule regarding chest protectors that takes effect in January 2021.
Each goalie chest pad must be SEI certified which is done to ensure the goalie has the additional heart protection that help reduce a rare case of getting hit in the chest at the wrong time and having the heart stop.
By the following year even field players will need heart protection so good on US lacrosse for continuing to preach player safety. Now – what about goalie concussions?
So far only 5 chest protectors have received the approval from NOCSAE so for the 2021 season be sure you’re using one of these 5 chesties:
Until next time! Coach Damon
Any questions about this new rule for goalie chest protectors? Leave me a comment down below.
TOP 10 Best Lacrosse Arm & Elbow Pads 2021 Detailed Buying Guide
Best Lacrosse Arm & Elbow Pads – Have you ever been hit hard on your arm?
It hurts so bad and can cause serious injury.
So, if you don’t wear the right lacrosse elbow pads then you’ll end up getting hurt very badly.
This buying guide will show you the 3 keys to buy the best lacrosse elbow pads in 2021.
And guess what ? We have got you top 10 lax elbow pads of this season with the cheapest price.
Lacrosse is a fun game though there is possibility of multiple injuries and that’s why you need to be careful. So if you want to protect yourself from unwanted injuries then it is important to select the right elbow pads.
To make you choose the correct elbow pads we are here with a much needed detailed article.
TOP Lacrosse Elbow Pads For Sale 2021:
Best Overall: STX Cell 3 Arm Pads
Best Protection: STX Stallion HD Arm Guards
Lightest: Brine Clutch Elbow Pad
Best for Kids: Warrior Rabil NXt
Here’s Best Lacrosse Arm Guards…
[Top 10] Best Lacrosse Arm Pads In 2021
Different playing positions require different kinds of athleticism and levels of protection during the lacrosse game. Also, your playing position decides the type of arm pad you’ll need.
In this detailed guide you’ll find lacrosse arm guards categorized on the basis of whether you play attack, defense or midfield.
STX, Warrior, and Brine lacrosse Elbow pads are the most popular brands among all.
Here’s the list of Best Lacrosse Arm & Elbow Pads
The Best Lacrosse Arm Guards For Attack
Besides Goalies, attackmen are the players who receive most of the abuse from anyone on the field. So, if you’re an attack player it’s important to wear the right and protective lacrosse arm guards. The best choice for attackmen is wearing a full lacrosse arm guard. You’ll be very satisfied to know that you have six feet of carbon fibre coming down.
There are different styles of attack which need different kinds of protection, too. Lacrosse arm pads with less padding will be the best option for you if you are a finisher with good off-ball movement. Considering the amount of slashes a dodger will take, he needs to choose a robust gear like lacrosse arm guards.
Though sometimes crease attackmen choose small lacrosse arm pads but any dodger will definitely have to take more hits on the field.
Don’t delay, get your lax arm pads now and be protected.
#1. STX Lacrosse Stallion HD Arm Guards
The New STX Stallion HD arm guards are crafted with High Def.
Polymer and material which makes it lighter than other products available. It weighs half of the other arm pads without compromising on the protection.
It comes with a full length breathable sleeve which enables ergonomic comfort and makes it easier to keep the pad in place all the time.
The STX Stallion products will keep you protected and allow you to run without reigns.
Product Key Features
- High Def. Polymer : The STX arm guards are built with High def. Polymer which makes it stronger as well as light weight. It makes the pads light and allows free motion of arms on the field.
- New Fit System : The arm straps for these Arm pads are improved and manufactured in a way to provide anatomical fit. It fits perfectly on the arms and does it’s job of protection just as you need it.
- Breathable Sleeve : Full length breathable sleeves of these pads gives an ergonomic comfort to the player. Also helps to keep the arm pads in the right place at all times. So, it makes sure the qualities like Comfort and protection.
- Improved Liner & Interior Silicone Nubs : These arm pads come with improved liner and interior silicone nubs. It prevents the pads from slipping and avoids any major arm injuries.
#2. STX Cell 3 Lacrosse Arm Guards
The STX Cell 3 Arm Guards are designed with the patent pending Geo Flex Technology developed by STX. This new technology helps to disperse the energy evenly upon the impact without affecting it’s flexibility.
Also it works with the player’s body and helps him play better than ever before. These are pretty good against the slashes and provide good mobility and protection.
Product Key Features
- New STX Geo Flex Technology : This Exclusive STX technology makes this arm guards flexible and lightweight in nature. It reduces the resistance caused by any serious hits or slashes.
- Hard Plastic Elbow Cap : The new hard plastic elbow cap with these guards provides protection in a contoured and low-profile design. It helps to design the pads in a more protective way.
- Innovative Strap System : Strap System for these arm pads is very innovative from the rest of the available products. It offers full range adjustability and eliminates the snags very easily.
- 360 Degree Interior Silicone Nubs : Being manufactured 360 degree silicone nubs, these arm guards by STX are slip resistant and promise consistent support & protection.
- Targeted Forearm Protection : The much needed targeted forearm protection from ground balls in lacrosse games is given by these guards. It gives you the coverage you would like to have for better protection.
#3. Maverik Rome NXT Lax Arm Guards
The Maverik Rome NXT arm guards are built for the offensive players who look out for a traditional protection profile without the bulk.
His is a slim-fit pad which is definitely a go-to-pad for going to the goal.
These are great arm pads with lightweight body, solid protection and much needed ventilation for a laxer on the field.
Product Key Features
- Durastretch Technology : The Maverik Rome arm guard is made with the Durastretch Technology which ensures the pads are stretchable and allows the player to move on the field without any resistance.
- Extendable Upper Portion : Unlike other arm guards the upper portion of these can easily extend by 1-2 inches. It allows the pads to cover and protect more area of the arm.
- Moisture Wicking Liner : If you are someone who sweats a lot on the field then the moisture wicking liner of these guards will do your job. It makes the arm guards breathable and avoids you sweating too much.
The Best Lacrosse Arm Pads for Midfield
The Midfielders, be it Offensive, defensive or longistick they all generally run with less padding because of the nature of their game. You won’t get too many slashes or checks while dodging against a middie with a short stick.
Usually the middies can wear smaller arm pads with less padding as they don’t get the same kind of abuse that an attackman does against a defenseman. So the LSMs and defensive middies can go with lax elbow pads and lax arm pads depending on the involvement in the game.
If you love running off the field with some offensive lax possessions, then you need lax elbow pads. And if you like to take it to the cage then go for lax arm pads.
#1. STX Stallion 300 Lacrosse Arm Pad
The STX Stallion Arm pads are specifically designed for evolving players of the lacrosse game.
This stallion 300 pads provides the perfect comfort and protection that a player needs during the game.
With these pads on, the player focuses on the game instead of what gear he/she is wearing. It is available in very attractive colors like Blue and red.
Product Key Features
- Three Piece Pad : Three piece pad makes the pads more flexible and a balanced fit for anyone. Also, it provides protection to arms from heavy and aggressive shots in the game.
- 360+ Strap : The 360 degree strap of these pads makes them highly adjustable as per the player’s requirement and provides maximum retention.
- Full Length Interior Sleeve : The full length interior sleeve makes sure the pad is Comfortable, soft in texture and breathable for ventilation.
#2. Maverik M3 Lacrosse Arm Pads
M3 Lacrosse Arm Pads by Maverik are specifically designed for the offensive players on the field. These arm pads provide protection without affecting the player’s range of motion.
These unique pads are very comfortable in nature and protect the middies from any kinds of unwanted injuries while running off the field.
Product Key Features
- Maximum Comfort & Optimized Fit : The pads come with an unique sleeve attachment to the protective padding which allows for maximum comfort and optimized fit for the players.
- Free Flex Seam Attachment : The Free flex seam attachment of these pads allows a player to open the pad without removing to disburse the heat at greater rate while resting after a tiring game.
- Faster Evaporation : The 37.5 Technology Liner allows for faster evaporation of heat and sweat from within the pads. It also helps to reduce the smell of sweat.
#3. Maverik Rome NXT Arm Pads
The Rome NXT Arm Pads from Maverik are fantastic which are designed for expert level players.
These are versatile pads for players who do it all on the field. It allows unrestrained movement and eliminates the worry of a hard check.
These pads provide a comfortable fit with reliable protection from the aggressive shots. Available in Black color with Large size.
Product Key Features :
- Durastretch Technology : Being made with Durastretch technology, arm pads gives a comfortable fit with much needed adjustments. This allows players to play without worrying about movement.
- SharkGel Technology : The SharkGel technology hardens the arm pad at the point of impact to protect you where you need it the most. It reduces the impact of attacking shots with ease.
- Moisture Wicking Liner : Moisture wicking liner of the pads keeps you dry from unwanted sweat and wetness. It also reduces the danger of smell.
The Best Lacrosse Elbow Pads For Defense
For a laxer who plays at defense, you will be very satisfied with smaller lacrosse elbow pads. The D-sticks hardly do any kind of offensive dodging, so the lax elbow pads are the best option. But yeah, you need to be aware of the attackmen who might try to come for your weakness.
If you’re someone with longstick and still getting consistently slashes then you’re probably doing a mistake, unless you are Michael Manly.
#1. Brine Clutch Lacrosse Elbow Pads
The Brine Clutch Elbow pads are all about Speed.
The clutch means speed, faster reaction to time, more freedom to react and getting every spot before anyone else.
Clutch line is designed to keep you one step ahead of the defense.
These elbow pads are made with anatomically fitting, weight saving and armor-reinforcing technologies which takes care of safety as well as comfort.
Product Key Features
- Grid Flex : The Single piece construction with Grid-flex provides a flexible form fit. It makes sure the pad is fit to the elbow without any difficulties.
- Compression Molded Foam : Compression molded foam of this pad absorbs the extreme impact easily. Also it makes the pad extremely light and low profile.
- Ventilator Stretch Sleeve : This ventilator stretch sleeve provides superior fit, comfort and flexibility and keeps you dry from sweat.
- No Slip Gel Print : The No slip gel print keeps the pad in the correct place very firm without fear being loosen off during the game.
#2. Brine LoPro Superlight Elbow Pads
Brine LoPro elbow pads are a new midline series of protective gear which is the lightest and flexible equipment made.
This is perfect for someone who is looking for lightweight elbow pads with less padding and protection.
These pads are thin, superlight which don’t slip or ride up. Available in 9 amazing colors and sizes ranging from Small to Large.
Product Key Features
- Ideal Protection and Flexibility : The 1-piece compression molded pad provides an ideal protection and flexibility just as you need on the field.
- Superlight : The pads are almost 36 percent lighter than other pads available. This helps to increase mobility and avoids any restriction in movement.
- Contour Mesh Sleeve : Contour mesh sleeve of the pad helps to contour the pad according to shape and size of your arm. It provides a form fit without any slippage.
#3. STX Cell 3 Elbow Pads
The Cell 3 elbow pads by STX features patent pending Geo Flex technology by STX.
This new technology disperses the energy evenly upon the impact it receives while remaining flexible all the time.
These are lightweight, comfortable and protective elbow pads by STX. Available in pairs with white color.
Product Key Features :
- Geo Flex Technology : Exclusive patent pending Geo Flex technology by STX provides flexible, lightweight impact resistance from the aggressive hits on the elbow.
- Lower Maintenance Fit : There are no straps for lower profile which makes these pads low maintenance fit without any complications.
- Lightweight Compression Sleeve : Comfort and breathability of this elbow pad is maintained with the help of lightweight compression sleeve. It makes sure the pad is a perfect fit and has proper ventilation.
- Slip Resistant : The 360 degree interior silicone nubs improve slip resistance of the pads and helps to avoid slipping due to any reason.
Best Youth Lacrosse Arm Pads for Kids
All the younger players who are just getting started need to get more protective lacrosse elbow pads. To be honest, if you are someone who is still learning the game, you must get the maximum amount of protection which will be provided by Youth lacrosse arm pads. This will keep you safe from getting injured.
If you are not sure what to choose then look at what other players at your level are wearing to keep them protected. This way you will know what you really need, and the best way to pick one is to actually try one of them.
#1. Warrior Youth Rabil NXT Arm Pad
Rabil Next Collection is specifically crafted for the Next generation of elite players including the performed floating coat and FLX mesh sleeves technologies.
These are highly recommended pads for youth players which fits perfectly and also protects very well. Available in X-small size with White color.
Product Key Features
- Dual Adjustment Straps : Rabil arm pads have dual adjustment straps that help to adjust them as per player’s comfort. And the full length FLX Mesh sleeve keeps the arm safe.
- Added Protection : This arm pad has internal plastic elbow cap and forearm plate for added protection as the young player needs it the most.
- Available in 5 Sizes : Available in 5 different sizes like : M/L, YL, YM, YS, YXS.
#2. STX Lacrosse Stinger Youth Arm Pad
STX Boys stinger arm pads provide wraparound protection for forearm, elbow and bicep.
A high impact PE elbow cap is given for excellent protection. These are contoured for maximum coverage with minimum bulk.
The durable polyester construction is suited for multi-season play. Also, it has EVA foam in key areas, lycra sleeves with adjustable strap and super soft lining.
Product Key Features :
- Synthetic : These arm pads are crafted with Synthetic material especially developed with beginner and youth players in mind.
- Durable Shell Construction : The Durable shell construction of the arm pads makes it perfect for multi-season play.
- Flexible & Lightweight : Perfect design makes it Flexible and being lightweight it is very easy to move on the field easily.
- Custom Fit : No-Slip Spandex Sleeve with adjustable straps at top and bottom gives the custom fit according to player’s requirement.
- Super Soft Liner : The super soft liner makes the pad very comfortable and removes moisture easily.
#3. Brine Uprising Youth Lacrosse Arm Guards
The Brine Uprising Youth Arm Guards comes with Adjustable dual arm straps with full length sleeves to create a comfortable fit for every player.
And the dual foam with internal cap system provides added impact absorption and comfort.
Available in Black color in different sizes: Medium and Large.
Product Key Features :
- Synthetic : The arm guards are made with Synthetic material which makes sure they are high quality and durable without danger of any damage.
- Dual Density Foam : The dual density foam with internal cap system provides added impact absorption and comfort to the player.
- Light & Flexible : These arm guards are not too thick, so very light to carry and run through the field. Also it’s flexibility helps a player to move without any restrictions.
The Best Lacrosse Arm Guards for Box Lacrosse
#4. Gait Lacrosse Gunner Box Bicep Pad
The Gunnar Box Bicep pad has high level bicep protection with a heavy duty PC over foam construction. It has a velcro strap that directly attaches it to the shoulder pad.
For box lacrosse players, protecting a single hand or a targeted area is very important. So, bicep pads are the best one to do that job.
These are worn on the weaker side of the player to ensure the safety.
Product Key Features :
- High Level Bicep Protection : A perfect and high level bicep protection for the box lacrosse players who needs bulk protection on only one side. It helps to take the aggressive shots easily while the player is dodging the hits.
- Velcro Strap : The velcro strap of this bicep pad directly attaches to the shoulder pad which gives added protection to the arm.
- Pad in Place : The bicep pad has the ability to secure the pad in place on the one side where most protection is required.
3 Keys To Picking The Best Lacrosse Arm Pads (Important)
We have previously talked about the importance of Lacrosse Shoulder Pads, just like them figuring out which protection works best for you depends on three key factors. Whether you need lacrosse elbow pads, arm guards or arm pads are dependent on these factors.
- Your Style Of Play
- How Much Abuse You Can Take
- Whether You Play Attack, Middie or Defense
Are you wearing the right one,?
There are 3 different types of arm protection to choose from. The first are arm guards, ideal for attackmen.
These are longer in length than other protective gears which covers the area above and below the elbow for more protection.
The second is Arm pads, perfect for middies which protects the elbow without a hard elbow cap. And the final one is elbow sleeves for defense.
These pads are capable of taking all the hits and protecting your elbows.
Choose Lacrosse Arm Pads for Your Style Of Play
Not everyone needs extra protection of full lacrosse arm guards, especially the guys who are real quick.
These guys will easily dodge the checks and keep their arms free from ripping top cheese.
But the extra lacrosse padding will take away their ability to move fast on the field and play aggressive shots.
While other players like to bull bodge through slides or back their way into the crease.
So if you are someone who runs on the ground, you need bigger lax arm guards for better protection.
How Much Abuse You Can Take With Your Lacrosse Arm Guards
It is not mandatory to gear up with a super protective lacrosse arm guard just because you’re an attackman.
You can definitely go with less protection, but you’ll have to be careful about the bruises and injuries coming your way.
At professional levels of the game, guys get better at moving their feet and avoiding nasty checks, and some players can take checks better than others.
But if this isn’t you, don’t you get discouraged. Getting injured and missing the game is the worst thing to happen for any laxer.
Do invest in the best lacrosse arm guards that give you much needed protection.
Do You Play Attack, Middie or Defense ?
There’s a small difference between lacrosse elbow pads, lacrosse arm pads, and lacrosse arm guards which can make a big impact on the way you play on the lax field.
Your pad requirements depend on the type of position you play.
Lacrosse is a fast, full-contact sport and investing in the right lax pads can make so much difference in the amount of protection and avoiding any injuries.
- [Attack] Lacrosse Arm Guards : These give you the best protection just below your biceps and above your wrists. The lacrosse arm guards have a hard shell on the outside and extra padding inside to keep your hands safe from hits.
- [Middie] Lacrosse Arm Pads : These are a little smaller and don’t have protective hard shells on the outside. But they are more comfortable, breathable and flexible
- [Defense] Lacrosse Elbow Pads : Covers only elbows of your hand. So you must be aware of touching the ball too much as you will be wearing less protective gear.
- [Youth] Lacrosse Arm Pads for Youth : Pads are specifically designed for kids and are in small size. The sizes are usually Small, or Medium and are labeled as “youth” or “kids” pads.
[Video] How To Size Lacrosse Elbow Pads
The Final Scoop on Choosing the Best Lacrosse Elbow Pads
At the end of a day, you need to pick one between Comfort and Protection. If you need more protection that means more padding is added. But it also reduces your mobility. And less padding means more comfort and easy movement on the field.
The best lacrosse arm and elbow pads are chosen based on the position you play, how you play and how much amount of slashes you can take without getting injured.
We have provided all the necessary guidelines that you need to follow so that you can pick the best and correct protective gear that lets you play with comfort and safety.
And that’s wrap for Best Lacrosse Arm & Elbow pads! Hope you enjoyed it!
90,000 About Anti-Ballistic Missile Defense – WEAPONS OF RUSSIA News Agency
Let us ask ourselves a simple question: would the President of the United States H. Truman have dared to give the order to launch nuclear strikes on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 if the then Japan had an atomic bomb? Of course not. But Truman knew for sure that there would be no retaliation from the Japanese side. This explains his determination to end the war in this way, although, of course, there was no severe need to destroy hundreds of thousands of Japanese civilians for this.
Japan was already on the verge of surrender, and the troops of the Red Army began to defeat the Japanese Kwantung group.
After the creation of nuclear weapons and intercontinental ballistic missiles in the USSR, an era of strategic stability began, which is ensured not by the numerical equality of strategic weapons, but by the equality of the parties’ opportunities to guaranteed infliction of unacceptable damage to the aggressor in a retaliatory strike in any development of a nuclear conflict.
Strategic stability in the 20th century
As of July 31, 1991, each of the sides (the USSR and the USA) had approximately 2,500 carriers (missiles and aircraft), on which about 10,000 warheads were installed.
In 1972, during the visit of US President Richard Nixon to the USSR in Moscow, the Interim Agreement on Certain Measures in the Field of the Limitation of Strategic Offensive Arms (SALT-1)
In addition, the Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) Treaty, signed in 1972, was in force, according to which the USSR and the United States were allowed to have only one area protected by a missile defense system, with the number of interceptor missiles not exceeding 100 units.
In the presence of a powerful nuclear potential and an effective ban on the deployment of missile defense systems, each of the parties had a guaranteed possibility of delivering a crushing retaliatory nuclear strike, which ensured strategic stability for many decades.
Robert McNamara wrote: “I use the term ‘first strike’ to mean a nuclear strike that, with its power, would deprive the enemy of the ability to inflict unacceptable damage to the attacker” . 1
The United States had no real opportunity to deliver such a “first strike” against the USSR, because it was impossible to destroy all our strategic missiles in the first strike.
Our missile submarines, patrolling in the vast expanses of the World Ocean, and ground-based mobile ground-based and rail-based missile systems, which satellites, which then operated in the optical range, could not constantly determine, served as a reliable guarantor of this.
Nuclear missile submarine cruisers of Project 949 (Granit)
Mobile soil missile system Topol
Combat Railway Missile System (BZHRK) – a unique complex that had a combat patrol route of tens of thousands of kilometers
Moreover, there was no real opportunity to intercept, even with the most advanced missile defense systems, hundreds or perhaps thousands of warheads of our missiles, which could be launched in a retaliatory strike.In addition, the USSR had a 2.8-fold superiority in total throw-weight.
The throw weight of an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) or a submarine ballistic missile (SLBM) with a multiple warhead (MIRV) is the total weight of the last stage of a missile (rearing stage), which carries out the operation of rearing warheads for individual targets.
Warhead of the Russian R-36 ICBM
The throw weight includes the weight of warheads, a complex of means of overcoming antimissile defense, engines, fuel, control system equipment and structural elements inseparable from this stage, i. e.That is, this is the total weight of everything that the rocket is capable of bringing to the trajectory of the maximum firing range.
Throw weight is the most important parameter characterizing the level of combat effectiveness of one missile or group of missiles. That is why for 30 years the United States has strictly complied with the requirements of the 1972 ABM Treaty. They just had no other choice.
A similar situation persisted after the destruction of the USSR, when a significant part of strategic weapons ended up outside the borders of Russia.But the 940 missiles that Russia inherited from the USSR, carrying 5456 warheads, were quite enough to maintain strategic stability.
The second half of the 20th century can be considered an era of strategic stability, since both the United States and the USSR understood perfectly well that a nuclear war between them was meaningless and unacceptable, as it would lead to a global catastrophe, and that strategic weapons were not intended for waging a nuclear war, but to contain it.
Change in the situation in the XXI century
In 2002, the United States suddenly unilaterally withdrew from the 1972 ABM Treaty and began testing and deploying missile defense systems. What new has happened in the world, and what prompted them to destroy the current situation? In the 21st century, four fundamentally new directions have clearly emerged, resulting from the rapid development of new technologies. 3
Lacrosse radar reconnaissance satellite
1. Creation of all-weather space radar reconnaissance systems. Currently in the US space constellation there are:
- optical electronic reconnaissance satellites KN-11
- Lacrosse radar reconnaissance satellites
- satellites of marine electronic intelligence SSU
- satellites of radio and radio technical intelligence
- spacecraft (SC) for detecting launches of ballistic missiles and nuclear explosions
The electronic reconnaissance satellite provides reconnaissance of the territory of Russia throughout the day with a swath of 5600 km.
This grouping allows reconnaissance of the territory of Russia for more than 14 hours a day with a swath of 4000 km and transmitting the observation results via radio channels in real time to the Information Collection and Processing Center, and 4 Ferret radio intelligence satellites provide reconnaissance of the territory of Russia during all days with a swath of 5600 km.
Japan, China, Germany, Italy, Israel and Korea are also developing space systems with radar reconnaissance satellites.
The United States has developed a powerful chemical laser installed in the nose of a Boeing-747 aircraft
2. Creation of high-precision non-nuclear strategic weapons . In the United States, systems of nuclear-free strategic weapons are being created to deliver lightning-fast strikes with non-nuclear weapons without the risk of provoking a world nuclear war.
Works are carried out in several directions:
- Equipping a part of the Trident-2 naval strategic nuclear missiles with four nuclear-free conventional warheads filled with thousands of tungsten balls, capable of hitting weakly protected targets in an area of about one square kilometer due to high kinetic energy, for example, Topol-type missile systems located in hangars or in the forest
- Development of warheads with a uranium core capable of destroying objects buried in the ground due to high kinetic energy, for example, silo-based ICBMs
- development of a powerful chemical laser installed in the nose of a Boeing-747 aircraft and designed to destroy ballistic missiles during launch
- the use of cruise missiles with non-nuclear weapons to destroy point targets
Experimental American spaceplane Kh-37B
3. Creation of combat spacecraft. As you know, the United States rejected the Russian-Chinese proposal to conclude an agreement on the non-deployment of weapons in outer space and began to develop combat spacecraft (BKA).
It is planned to create a new generation orbital grouping of BKA for conducting armed warfare in space and from space, which will consist of:
- BKA missile attack warning DSP (“IMEYUS”) . Information about missile launches and preliminary target designation is transmitted both to ground control points and directly to the BKA target tracking
- “Brilliant Eyes” surveillance spacecraft (50–70 satellites) for tracking targets in space, selecting warheads and decoys, issuing target designations for ground-based interceptors and orbital interceptors.Laser locators
- BKA – inspectors “XSS” , ensuring the solution of inspection tasks, and possibly neutralization of the spacecraft with relaying the received data to the Earth through the carrier platform in real time
- BKA – combat space interceptors “KEASat” for disabling enemy spacecraft by direct kinetic impact or remotely using laser installations
will be used to accurately measure the range and determine the trajectory of the target.
Unmanned aircraft – the main means of contactless warfare
4. Development of the concept of networked contactless wars. The creation and development of new technologies in the creation of weapons systems have led to a change in the methods and methods of warfare. A new concept has appeared – “network contactless wars” , the distinctive features of which are:
- Absence of direct clashes of large military formations, a clearly defined and moving front line, front line and rear
- Air or space strikes against targets located throughout the enemy’s territory
- Achievement of war goals by destroying state, military and other critical facilities
The concept of “contactless war” is based on the possibility of achieving the desired outcomes of the conflict by destroying the critical infrastructure elements of the enemy country, which determine its state, economic and military functioning.
A specific feature of combat operations within the framework of this concept is the expansion of the space of armed struggle. Combat operations cover the entire territory of the enemy country and are conducted centrally.
Strikes are delivered to targets throughout the entire depth of the enemy’s territory, regardless of the distance to the state borders, in contrast to the previous period, when hostilities were conducted to a greater extent within the framework of ground operations and the moving front line.
The main hostilities are conducted non-contact (without ground operations) using air strikes.It is believed that the destruction of the aforementioned critical elements paralyzes the ability of the adversary country to actively counter.
USA removes from combat duty and destroys only 190 obsolete Trident-1 SLBMs
USA withdraws but does not destroy 50 MX ICBMs
In addition, a rapid unilateral reduction of Russian strategic weapons began. If the United States, fulfilling the terms of the Treaties on the reduction of the number of missiles and warheads, removes from combat duty and destroys only 190 obsolete Trident-1 SLBMs, and also removes, but does not destroy 50 MX ICBMs, then Russia will eliminate all that it inherited from the USSR ground and naval strategic groupings, and first of all, solid-propellant missiles of the latest development were removed and destroyed.
Intercontinental ballistic missile RT-23 UTTH “Molodets” with ten nuclear charges
These are 36 of the most modern and most effective rail-based RT-23UTTKh solid-propellant ICBMs (360 warheads in total) and 120 sea-based R-39 solid-propellant SLBMs deployed on 6 Project 941 submarines (1200 warheads in total), and these submarines were decommissioned Navy.
Liquid ICBMs are removed from combat duty as their combat service expires, but new liquid ICBMs are not manufactured.The exception is the serially produced liquid-propellant SLBMs “Sineva” and “Liner”, but they have a short period of time, since the 6 remaining submarines of Project 667BDRM, for which they are intended, built in 1985-1990, are in the final stage of operation, and new submarines for these missiles not being built.
Russia destroyed 120 solid-propellant sea-based R-39 SLBMs deployed on 6 Project 941 submarines (total 1200 warheads)
All land and all naval strategic groupings of Russia are being created anew, which requires considerable budgetary allocations. At the same time, to replace the destroyed strategic missile systems with SLBMs and ICBMs, the throw weight of which was in the range from 2.5 to 8.8 tons, solid-propellant missiles “Bulava”, “Topol-M” and “Yars” with a throw weight from 1.15 t up to 1.4 t.
This greatly reduces the total throw weight of strategic missiles, which is the most important parameter characterizing the level of combat effectiveness of one missile or group of missiles, regardless of what methods of overcoming missile defense are used in this particular missile.
American missile defense in Europe really threatens Russia
Analyzing our unilateral actions, US analysts decided that in the context of a sharp decrease in the number of Russian ICBMs and SLBMs and a multiple decrease in their throwing weight, as well as a significant and irreversible decrease in the survival rate of mobile soil complexes, the likelihood of Russia retaining the possibility of delivering a serious retaliatory strike drops sharply.
It is no coincidence that an article appeared in the American magazine Foreign Affairs in April 2007, the authors of which Kir Lieber and Daryl Press argue that if the United States strikes first, then Russia will be able to respond to it only with single missiles, which, as the authors believe, will be able to intercept American missile defense. 4
This is why the United States withdrew unilaterally from the 1972 ABM Treaty and began deploying missile defense systems.The completion of the first phase of this work has already been announced. This means that NATO has combined the existing air defense and missile defense systems in the alliance member countries, reinforcing them with American ships with Aegis anti-missile systems.
Washington hopes to convince the Kremlin that interceptors are not capable of shooting down Russian ballistic missiles
The creation of the anti-missile shield is carried out in four stages and will be completed in 2020. How are we responding to these challenges? We earnestly ask NATO to give us official guarantees that the US-NATO missile defense system is not directed against Russia? Why do we need these papers with signatures and seals?
Do we really, having received them, calm down and calmly observe the development of foreign missile defense systems? Where does this strange gullibility come from? It seems that history has taught us nothing.
The Crimean War ended for Russia with an unprofitable treaty
As you know, in 1829, a peace treaty was concluded between Russia and Turkey (the Adrianople Peace), which confirmed the right of Russian merchant ships to freely pass through the Bosphorus and the Dardanelles, and Russian subjects to conduct free trade throughout Turkey.
But in October 1853, the Turkish sultan declared war on Russia, and as soon as the Russians began to win this war, England, France, Austria and Sardinia came to the aid of Turkey.
On September 14, 1854, a huge Allied fleet – 300 transport ships under cover of 89 warships – approached the shores of the Crimea. And the famous Crimean War of 1853-1856 began, in which Russia was defeated.
Meeting Meeting of Napoleon I and Alexander I on the Neman June 25, 1807
Let us recall the Tilsit peace treaty between Russia and France, signed in 1807 by the Russian emperor Alexander I and the ruler of France Napoleon, according to which Russia and France pledged to help each other in any offensive and defensive war, wherever it was required by the circumstances.
After that, in 1812, the Napoleonic army of 610 thousand people invaded the territory of Russia. In this army, only 140,000 soldiers spoke French.
The rest were Prussian, Austrian, Bavarian, Saxon, Polish, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Swiss, Portuguese, Lithuanian, Westphalian, Württemberg, Baden, Berg, Hesse-Darmstadt formations, units and subunits.
All of Europe really wanted to plunder Russia.It is well known how this bandit raid ended. Napoleon fled, more than 550 thousand of his soldiers and officers did not return home, including almost all of his guards – 47,000 people.
Non-aggression pact between Germany and the Soviet Union
And after the revolution of 1917, during the civil war, everyone who could climb into torn Russia from all sides. And the Germans, and the Americans, and the British, and the Japanese, and the French, and the Czechs, and God knows who else.
Finally, let us recall the Non-Aggression Pact between Germany and the Soviet Union, ratified by the Supreme Soviet of the USSR and the Reichstag of Germany on August 31, 1939, according to which both contracting parties pledged to refrain from any violence, from any aggressive action and any attack against each other as separately and jointly with other powers.
Then in 1941 Hitler attacked the USSR. By this time, the Third Reich was not only Germany.It also officially included Austria, the Sudetenland, Poznan and Upper Silesia, as well as Luxembourg, Lorraine and Alsace, Upper Corinthia cut off from Yugoslavia.
Germany’s allies included Norway, Finland, Czechoslovakia, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Spain, which allowed Hitler to form an additional 59 divisions during the war years, including 20 SS, 23 separate brigades, several separate regiments, legions and battalions … How it ended is well known to all.
The problem of strategic stability remains
What has changed in the world today? Nothing, Russia for many of the mighty of this world was and remains a tidbit, from which I really want to bite off something at the first opportunity. At the same time, no one is interested in who is ruling Russia at the present time: the emperor, the general secretary or the president.
And we will not cover ourselves with any papers and vows of great democracies. Only strategic weapons can protect us from any encroachment. Strategic stability is based on two specific human traits: distrust of another person and fear of retaliation.
The world has been balancing on these two pillars for decades, maintaining the so-called strategic balance. Only absolute confidence in the inexorable inevitability of one’s own death as a result of a nuclear retaliation strike is guaranteed to keep any aggressor from striking a first strike and keeps the world from nuclear insanity.
Yes, we should be glad that we are not given any guarantee papers. This allows us to immediately, without listening to any reproaches, start creating systems to counter the promising NATO missile defense system. This is the only way out, there is no other way.
So what should we start doing immediately to ensure strategic balance?
1. Give up all hopes for the aviation group. Our heavy bombers Tu-160 and Tu-95MS, armed with cruise missiles with nuclear warheads, are unsuitable for a retaliatory strike. They will be destroyed at airfields by the first strike of nuclear or non-nuclear weapons.
Heavy bombers Tu-160 and Tu-95MS, armed with cruise missiles with nuclear warheads, are unsuitable for retaliation
And to organize their constant patrols in the air with nuclear weapons on board, firstly, it is dangerous because of the possibility of an accident, and secondly, there will not be enough motor resources for this.Not to mention the fact that it is unrealistic for them to fly to the starting points somewhere outside our borders – they will simply be knocked down.
2. It is necessary to understand the senselessness of maintaining a mobile ground-based ICBM. In the last century, when space reconnaissance vehicles operated in the optical range, these ICBMs were invisible in cloudy weather – they hid under the clouds.
Now, in the era of radar control from space, they have become constantly monitored and defenseless targets that can be destroyed in the first strike by both nuclear and high-precision non-nuclear weapons.
3. It is necessary to reliably protect against high-precision non-nuclear ammunition silo-based ICBMs. This is not difficult to do, since any carrier of a non-nuclear charge (conventional warhead, cruise missile, gliding unit, etc.) does not fall on the shaft cover vertically from above, but flies up along an inclined, rather flat trajectory.
Therefore, special protective devices (for example, pillars) can be placed around the mine, creating a reliable barrier for attacking carriers of a nuclear-free charge.A strike against such an obstacle will result in the detonation of a non-nuclear warhead at a relatively safe distance from the mine.
To protect silo-based ICBMs, it is necessary to use the S-400 Triumph missile system
At the same time, a further increase in the strength of mines in order to protect against nuclear charges is meaningless, since with an increase in the accuracy of firing enemy missiles, the maximum deflection of the warhead and the radius of the crater from a nuclear explosion become comparable, i. e.That is, the mine with the rocket just ends up in a funnel.
Therefore, to protect silo-based ICBMs, it is necessary to use the S-400 Triumph missile system, and in the future, the newest S-500 Prometheus anti-aircraft missile system, which will be able to detect and simultaneously hit up to 10 ballistic hypersonic targets flying at a speed of up to seven kilometers per second, as well as intercept cruise missiles and other aircraft.
4. It is necessary to stop the installation of the Topol-M monoblock solid-propellant missiles UR-100NUTTKh with MIRV (6 warheads) in the mines instead of the liquid-propellant missiles UR-100NUTTKh with MIRV (6 warheads) being removed due to the expiration of their service lives. Such a sixfold decrease in the number of warheads is very dangerous and has no reason.
Roof of the silo launcher of the Topol-M monoblock solid-propellant rocket
Not to mention the fact that the installation of solid-propellant missiles in the mines is generally pointless. There is a place for liquid-propellant rockets in the mines. We have a perfectly preserved production of liquid-propellant missiles of various names and sizes for any purpose – both for combat and for space subjects.
Why overload solid fuel enterprises without special need. It is necessary to create a heavy silo-based liquid-propellant rocket. 2
5. It is necessary to develop air-to-ground ballistic missiles (BRVZ) capable of launching in a retaliatory strike in any development of the situation.It is in this variant that all those new capabilities for breaking through the missile defense system embedded in the Topol-M and Yars missiles, about which so much is said in the media, could manifest themselves.
It is only necessary to equip these missiles with astro- and radio navigation systems to accurately determine the launch point, as is done on SLBMs. Obviously, the Liner SLBM can also be converted into an SLBM.
Joint Russian-Ukrainian military transport aircraft An-70
A joint Russian-Ukrainian military transport aircraft An-70, which can reach speeds of up to 780 km / h, fly at a distance of up to 7.8 thousand kilometers, can be considered as a carrier of the BRVZ.km and carry up to 47 tons of cargo.
This short take-off and landing aircraft is capable of landing on unpaved runways with a length of 600-800 m, which is especially valuable for an airborne missile carrier.
6. It is finally necessary to calmly figure out why new submarines are not being ordered for the most modern Liner missile, the throw weight of which is almost 2.5 times greater than the throw weight of the Bulava rocket and, therefore, on the Liner “Can be placed at least 2 times more warheads and missile defense means than on the Bulava missile.What makes us, in spite of this, give preference to “Bulava”?
7. It is necessary to make reasonable use of the existing industries of both solid-fuel and liquid directions in the creation of strategic weapons.
In this regard, General Designer of NPO Mashinostroyenia Herbert Efremov gave a clear description of the ongoing policy of replacing the entire missile shield: 5
“No doubt, Topol-M and Bulava are really good ICBMs, but no matter how hard the developers try to ascribe miraculous properties to them, reliance on them in the construction of strategic nuclear forces in Russian conditions will lead to the transformation of the already existing“ financial pump ”for siphoning money from the budget into a system of monstrous size. “
1. Robert McNamara. By mistakes – to disaster. Publishing house “Science”, Moscow, 1988
2. Grigoriev Yu. P. About a heavy intercontinental strategic missile. IA “Arms of Russia”
3. Grigoriev Yu.P. Strategic weapons in the XXI century. IA “Arms of Russia”
4. Grigoriev Yu.P. Retaliation concept. IA “Arms of Russia”
5. Efremov G.A. “Reasonable decisions”. HBO from 26.05.2006
Also on the topic:
1. Series of articles on strategic security and nuclear weapons, military expert, deputy director of the Institute of Political and Military Analysis Alexander Khramchikhina
2. Article by the representative of the Association of Military Political Scientists Alexander Perendzhiev “Nuclear Security: New Challenges and Search for New Solutions”
3. Article by Valeria Shatskaya “European missile defense architecture: just protection from Iran?”
4. Article by Valeria Shatskaya “Stages of the creation of an anti-missile defense of the United States of America”
5. Article by scientists from St. Petersburg State University, Valery Konyshev and Alexander Sergunin “What does the new US military doctrine mean for Russia?”
6. Heavy missile submarine strategic cruisers of Russia and foreign countries – rating of IA “Arms of Russia”
7. Land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles of Russia and foreign countries – rating of IA “Arms of Russia”
90,000 Vests – translation into Russian | English-Russian
256 parallel translation
55 baby’s vests, 60 napkins.
55 baby’s undershirts, 60 diapers.
Between our quests We sequin vests
“We are cooler than De Hipo Nice darling Gypa
Those vests are real nice.
And your jackets are very nice.
No matter what happens, stay under these vests3
. Whatever happens, lie under your vests.
Now you’ve all seen these vests stop a.357 magnum bullet.
You’ve all seen these vests inhibit Magnum 357 bullets.
Vests are optional, boys and girls.
Vests are going out of fashion, boys and girls.
She had two vests on.
She is wearing two vests.
They’re wearing big white woolly vests.
They wear large white woolen outfits.
He has to wear asbestos vests.
He needs to wear asbestos vests.
Are these vests absolutely necessary, Deputy?
Assistant, are these bulletproof vests really necessary?
Will all these sweater vests be enough?
Are these sweaters enough for me?
Not as upset as he’ll be when he finds out what I did with his sweater vests.
He’s not as upset yet as he will be when he finds out what I did to his sweaters.
He’s big probably big enough to go through those bulletproof vests you wear.
Large.Probably can pierce bulletproof vests.
Cute, funny, wears sweater vests, the only strike against him yet.
Cute, funny, wears knitted vests, which is his only drawback by now.
And the Kevlar vests IAB caught you selling to drug dealers, they replicas, too?
– Were the bulletproof vests that you sold to drug dealers also just a copy?
I’m out two Kevlar vests that burned in the car, two hand-held radios, a shotgun, and I’m about to lose this idiot here for a week or two of medical.
I’m missing two Kevlar vests that burned out in the car … two walkie-talkies, a gun … and I’m about to lose one of these idiots who will need a week or two to heal.
Oh yes, life vests and parachutes should be somewhere below that seat.
Parachutes and life jackets under the seats.
Wear bulletproof vests over your T-shirts.
And don’t forget to wear body armor.
What about our weapons? Our vests.
What about our weapons?
You got vests for us?
Bulletproof vests are there?
– Get these guys some vests!
– Give the guys vests!
They were both wearing vests.
They were wearing body armor.
Visors, shields, stab vests …
Helmets, shields, body armor …
The police issue kevlar vests don’t have the ceramic plate insert that would shatter a bullet, they would just catch it.
The police use Kevlar body armor, they do not have ceramic plates on which a bullet can shatter, they just stop it.
– That’s the guys with the orange vests who pick up trash.
– These are the guys in orange vests who collect trash.
– Orange vests.
– Orange vests.
Get the vests.
Get your vests.
Superman led the police to develop bulletproof vests.
Superman convinced the police to design body armor.
Give me one of those vests.
Give me one of those vests.
Something bad’s going to happen. “That’s why it’s used for life vests,
Danger, watch out. This is the color of the lifejackets.
Babe, should the valets at our reception wear green or red vests?
Baby, should the maid wear green or red clothes?”
Thank God for bullet-proof vests!
Thank God for the bulletproof vests!
Nappy-changing and buying vests, yeah.
Change diapers and buy clothes, yes.
Mom, they’re going to kill Lou and make him into food and fringe vests for gay cowboys.
Mom, they’re going to kill Lou and make him food and fringed vests for the blue cowboys.
Get your life vests on!
Put on your vests!
Do you send them to private school? Because then you got sweater vests and lacrosse coming at you all day.
At a private school they spend all day in a jersey playing lacrosse.
Uh, so do we need safety vests?
Do we have to go here?
There might be safety vests in there.
It’s safe here.
It’s a bit formfitting, but that’s’cause we’re required to wear protective vests under our …
Yes. I have a vest under it, we are obliged to wear them.
All you bastards wear vests, so I’m gonna give it to you high and I’m gonna give it to you low.
You are a creature wearing protection, then I will plant you higher and lower.
A lot of troops wear those vests.
Many military men wear such vests.
W … wasn’t he wearing one of them vests?
Wasn’t he wearing a bulletproof vest?
Our vests work.
Our body armor works.
The vests were chemxtech, so we came here on leave.
The vests were produced by Himextech, so we took a leave of absence and came here.
He got in their computers and traced the sale of the vests to him.
He got into the computers of Himextech, and the data on the sale of vests led to him.
Bangers are wearing bullet-proof vests.
Bandits wear bulletproof vests.
He’ll strut about in tiny vests, thin ties, and outdated hats.
¬ short jackets, tight ties and old-fashioned hats, he will give such knees!
I gotta get two children’s life vests.
We need to get life jackets for two children.
90,000 What weapons can squirrels use?
Assumption: Your squirrels have the same arms and roughly the same body as earth squirrels.
In order to choose a weapon, it is important to know (and I keep repeating there every time I answer a question related to weapons): in what conditions are they used? What is your opponent? What kind of armor do they wear?
First, squirrels do have some kind of opposing fingers, but they use them differently than we do. But I think , that if your proteins have a higher intelligence, they can use them or quickly develop them to full effect.Since opposing thumbs are a huge evolutionary advantage, especially for an intelligent being, I assume your squirrels have them.
Squirrels hunt prey
If your squirrel preys on other animals, for example to collect fur, skin, bones, tendon fat, etc., They need a typical hunting weapon. Doubt: Squirrels can generate enough kinetic energy to seriously injure larger creatures such as deer or bears.Even the boars are not allowed. But they could kill smaller prey like rabbits or mice. To do this, they would either trap or hunt with a small bow + arrow, or wash them out of their burrows. Since none of these animals can effectively fight back, I think smaller weapons like axes and knives (flint?) Will do. They also allow you to penetrate narrow burrows, while a long spear will be a hindrance.
Proteins defend against predators
To defend against a predator, you need to do one thing: do not be eaten.How will you not be eaten? Especially if you’re a fragile squirrel? You stay fucking out of reach. Thus, all our defensive weapons will be long and long range. But, even with a long spear, a squirrel probably cannot defend against a cat or wolf. The animals are too big and if you don’t reach the vital point (eyes, nose), their first attack will kill or maim you. Even if you hit the eye with your spear and somehow kill the jumping wolf, the heavy body can still crush you.So melee weapons are completely absent. Also, while holding a weapon, you cannot climb. And running is probably the best thing you can do.
So, against the predators, I would prefer: run into a tree, warn my friends. While the predator is chasing you, your friends get ready. If you reach safety at the top of the tree, all is well. But if a predator tries to chase you or drives you into a corner, your friends should help. And I think only ranged weapons can help you here.And especially the sling can be very helpful here. Lanyards can be made of fabric, so they are easy to store and carry while climbing. You can always bring a noose with you for self defense, while the bow is a hindrance and takes longer to prepare (you may not always have a rope on the bow). The guards can use bows or javelins (if knocked off the tree, they can develop some strength), but a common squirrel will carry a sling. This way, you can drive the predators out of your tree.
Major cities and outposts are likely to be protected by walls with spikes pointing down the tree trunk, making it difficult for larger creatures to climb. In these stationary locations, your squirrels can also store huge nets, which they can shed as they climb over intruders, catching them and potentially killing them during a fall.
Squirrels War Squirrels
Since squirrels are fast and agile, but rather weak, I guess they don’t wear much armor.Possibly an occasional bib made of bark, since the bark is relatively light. If you are fighting another squirrel, you need to strike a balance between mobility and weaponry. If you use your hands for combat, you cannot run and climb. Therefore, I think that one-handed weapons will prevail. And against unarmored opponents, weapons such as the rapier and light sabers have proven to be the most effective in our history.